MPN: EM7000

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Zen Z.
Zen Z.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A good machine but got silly part problem

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $699.00.

Michael
MichaelMelbourne

This machine got me through lockdown!

This machine has been great - especially when I had to put it to heavy work over lockdown(s).
Picked up a refurbished model and it has performed beautifully for 2 years.
Like another reviewer I'd also suggest getting a better basket, but once that's sorted it's a great machine for the price!
My only complaint is with the cost of the sunbeam cleaning products and replacement seals for this machine - if they were more reasonable this would be an absolute winner.

Purchased in November 2018.

Hello Michael,
Thank you for the great review, we're happy to hear that you're loving the EM7000. Coffee makes everything a little easier to handle.
Enjoy,
Sunbeam Customer Care

GjMSydney, NSW

Problem from the start

Purchased in June 2016 at David Jones for $600.00.

GjM

Have spoken to someone from customer care somewhere in the Philippines i think she suggested I take it to a service centre
In Sydney gee thanks

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Faji
FajiHunter Region, NSW

3 cups a day, 5 years on and still killing it!

My partner and I have been enjoying the services of this machine for about 5 years now and visitors are still complementing on how comparable it brews to commercial machines used at cafe's. I have heard complaints about the pressure not being there as not having a dual floor basket and not being able to use pre ground supermarket coffee. But as it states it's a Cafe series not stock so you simply must grind your own beans with a quality Burr grinder. Which personally is all part of the enjoyment. Look after it, clean and descale evey 4 weeks and you should get the best out of it.

Purchased in February 2015 at Harvey Norman for $729.00.

Jim BoydPerth, WA

Useless as supplied new.

Previous models came with Duel floor filter baskets. This model has single floor only which means ground coffee from the supermarket won’t work ( no pressure) Sunbeam are aware of this and tell you to purchase the duel floor for $50.00 If you want to fix the problem. Fantastic machine if only they supplied the correct baskets .

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Jim Boyd

We have resolved the problem by purchasing a duel floor filter basket. I was trying to make the point to any potential buyers that one should be included with the machine at time of purchase

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Michael_Jones
Michael_Jones

Coffee OK - Sunbeam service TERRIBLE

Purchased in April 2019 for $600.00.

Hello Michael_Jones,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your Cafe Series Espresso Machine.
We value your feedback and I have passed on your review onto our technical/quality team.

DRoberts90
DRoberts90AU

Poor quality build

These machines are built poorly. 2 years on and it leaks from the bottom. Last Sunbeam product I buy. Utter crap, no consistency in quality, except that it is pot luck if you get a descent one for your money.

EM7000 to be serviced

I need to EM7000 to be serviced in Hobart Tasmania and there no service agents except the other end of state which is 3 hours away. I rang customer service but the could not help. Left message for manager to call Me - no response. Lodged online query and email advising someone would contact me in 3 days - no response. How is it possible for sunbeam you have no agents in southern Tasmania

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Hello Mirjana,
So sorry to hear about that, 7 years with no hiccup, this is my favorite unit.
We do have 5 agents in Tasmania:

Mirjana
Mirjana
Ditsy
DitsySouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking service center, 4th machine fail. Solid build with cheap components - particularly the collar.

2nd EM7000 to fail after 2 EM6910s had similar issues. This is a replacement machine after the first EM7000 failed with 2 collars replaced and then the whole motherboard. Was promised a 12 month warranty. Replacement machine's Collar failed at 11 months and alarming electrical shorting sounds on the Manual button, no replies to emails after over a month and phone never gets answered, then told they don't offer a warranty on the replacement machine despite me being told they do. Don't believe this is within my consumer rights, these machines used to be 24 months warranty, now only 12!
Have tried 4 times today over an hour and a half waiting for someone to answer the service line

Purchased in June 2019.

Bryan
BryanQuakers hill

Broken again

Bought my em 7000 3 years ago, loved it (wrote a review praising it then)made great coffee12 months ago steamer stopped working. Put it in for repair at a very reputable coffee repair company when I got it back nothing worked returned it to them and they repaired it again. Again great coffee for almost 12 months, steamer has broken again, very disappointed not going to spend a couple hundred bucks for another possible year. I drink a long black and thankfully i can still make them but my wife cant get her latte but its put me off buying another sunbeam. I have rated the frother below great when it worked.
Bryan

Purchased in May 2017.

Fern M.
Fern M.Sydney, NSW

No presssure

Machine has no pressure, you could put your whole weight on the tamper and fine ground coffee. the gauge stays at 0 Weak .
I usually love sunbeam but not that machine

Purchased in June 2020 at goodguy for $630.00.

Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Makes good coffee but the pressure gauge seems flakey

We replaced our older series Sunbeam with this machine today after 10 years of service. We took the first machine back because the pressure gauge did nothing. The second machine seems now to be doing the same - dead pressure gauge. These are not analogue dials but digital so presumably something is askew with the pressure sensor or the MCU controlling it.

Irritating not to have a feature you've paid for but equally not stopping it from producing good coffee. I comfort myself with the point that I rarely looked at the gauge on the older machine which was not very well located so don't really need this one either.

Purchased in June 2020 for $550.00.

Customer support service

Purchased this machine Jan 2019. Feb I had a problem with the steamer. Calling the service number transferred to service who suggested running the cleaning cycle. No steam, called back but transferred to service with no answer. Sent email no response.
I understand the current pandemic is disrupting work places, but no response is unacceptable.

Purchased in January 2019.

Kip B.
Kip B.Perth, WA

The best.

Bought it second hand from a coffee buff. Read some reviews about leaking problems after about 1 year . This one was about 2 years old and in beautiful condition. After getting the run down on how to work it, I must say it makes the BEST coffee I have ever had. It makes my old Sunbeam entry level machine ,which I thought pretty good, second rate!

Hi Kip B,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Coffee!

barneseye
barneseyeWodonga

Fantastic machine. Things we love - compact compared to Breville; twin thermoblock means can steam and draw coffee simultaneously; quick to warm up; our first one gave 5 + years of great service.

Hello barneseye,
Thank you for your feedback - happy to hear you're loving your sunbeam coffee!

Read more reviews - page 2See all Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 reviews

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

The coffee pressure gauge doesn't work during the pour regardless of how fine the grind size is, what should I do?

1. Grinds might not have been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
  2. Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Increase dosage for coffee grinds. Use a single filter basket for a single dose.

My steam wand temperature gauge is not working, what should I do?

Make sure the steam wand is clean and the temperature sensor on the wand is fully submerged in milk.

Why is there no pressure in my pour?

The coffee grind coarseness and tamp pressure will affect the coffee extraction pressure. Adjust to a finer grind size and tamp firmly.

The double cup setting poured between 80ml to 100ml rather than the 60ml, what should I do?

To re-program the 2 CUP button, follow the instructions below.

1. Prepare the 2 cup filter with coffee and tamp.
  2. Place 2 cups under the espresso pour spouts.
  3. Press the PROGRAM button.
  4. Press the 2 CUP button to start the espresso pour. Press the 2 CUP button again once the desired volume of espresso has been extracted. The espresso machine will beep twice to indicate the new program for 2 CUP operation has been set.

Why can't I get any crema no matter what grind I use?

The freshness of the coffee beans affects the level of crema. Change to a different batch of coffee beans and ensure it is used within 2 - 3 weeks of opening the bag.

My coffee tasted bitter and black, there's no pressure or crema even after I followed the instructions. What should I do?

When the grind is too fine and the grounds are packed too tightly together, it will be harder for the water to penetrate the coffee puck. This will result in an extraction that is too slow, hence bitter drinks. Adjust the grind setting and make the grinds coarser. Don't apply too much pressure when tamping.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quick and easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

HeatherBasked
Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

The auto-drip 1-cup and 2-cup functions have ceased to work. When you push either button, the machine comes on and begins to pump for a second or so and then stops. The manual function still works fine.

Hi Heather,
Firstly have you tried cleaning & descaling the machine? If you could refer to pages 20 to 23 of the product manual attached https://sunbeam-s3-production.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/EM7000_ib_1_39dab3845d.pdf please do this & let me know if your issue keeps continuing.

HeatherB

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Ok, have cleaned and descaled the machine.
Problem persists.
(Could it be the solenoid?)

Hi Heather,
Quiet possibly it could be.
If you go to our website attached https://www.sunbeam.com.au/ & scroll to the end of the page you will find service agents locator if you click on there you should be able to find any in your local area whom should be able to assist you.

spudasked
Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

My machine has a pinging sound every 5 to 8 seconds ,can hear it from some distance away ,I wouldn't think this is normal, any thoughts on this.

Hi Spud,
Is there any chance you could possibly take a video of it with the sound on so I can hear what it is doing? also can I ask how old is the machine?.

spud

The machine has been replaced,it was brand new.Thanks to sunbeam for their help .

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Spud no worries at all.

Doc M.
Doc M.asked
Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

My EM7000 warms the top cup warmer. It also produces hot steam. However the water passing through the coffee is cold. The water from the RHS hot water spout is also cold?
What does this mean and how do I fix it?

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless) questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 5 Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000