Suncorp Branches

Suncorp Branches

Only one branch in Perth, and not answering the phones.

I have tried calling twice recently, the first time I was put on hold for 30mins, I hung up in the end. And just now I called, got a call back after 40mins, when my phone finally rang I picked up and was put back on hold again, unbelievable. And only one branch in WA. Not a happy customer.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Allowed a debit without consent

A business had been depositing into my account for over a year. Suncorp bank allowed them to debit from my account without my knowledge. I asked why and 2 weeks later i got a reply that i should contact the entity who did the debit and tell them to stop. I told suncorp i have no direct debit authority with the business
I also asked suncorp to show the direct debit form . They cannot because there is not one. Suncorp insists it is between me and business.
I keep telling suncorp to produce the debit authority which they cannot
How canna bank allow anyone to debit without the account holders authority and knowledge?

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Bad bank service

They taking money from you now with dishonesty fees don’t trust them you won’t get that money back, I’ve been with the bank for years and they having issues now bad customer experience

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Long term customer. Would recommend.

Have been with Suncorp for almost 30 years. Have found them to provide better service and products than other banks. Have had dealings with NAB, Ubank and ANZ and Suncorp have always come out on top.

Have competitive Home loan rates and their personal bank accounts don't carry ridiculous fees.

Only downfall would be the amount of banks closing down or switching to "no cash" stores which can be inconvenient.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

worst customer service ever!!!!

I have a home loan. Been 2years.
worst customer service!!! Low level of education. Waiting for an hour to print out a statement. I’ve explained same thing to three different people!!!!!!!!!

Bad Customer Service or Lack of Service Nobody Smiles

I have been a customer of the Suncorp Bank since 1980 when it was known as Metropolitan Building Society.
Not a happy patron of the bank at all now.
I found the service wanting and the team with no customer assistance very upsetting.
Time to look for another bank.

Most corrupt time consuming

Been with this garbage company for almost 2 years. They don't mind taking your money but they like you to wait till they are ready to pay out. And don't mind double dipping without you knowing it till it is to late. The most corrupt time consuming insurance company in Australia. Would never deal with them again and I will tell everybody how they do business. But then again all u have to do is read the complaints there all top true

Rip off Fees

Rang Suncorp to report a lost debit card and was informed of $12.50 replacement fee, even though I was expecting a new card for my expiring one in a few weeks.

All those previous bank charges plus what they make from our accounts.

Dumping this greedy mob, sick of banks money grabs.

Many staff to meet and greet but only 2 who actually work

I only attend this bank with my mother. When you walk in at 9am there are approximately 6 staff to meet and greet but STILL only two at the counter to do the hard work.
There was approximately 6 staff who vanished witthin 1 minute of opening with only two to do the real service. STILL!!
This has been going foe years and there us so much 'pretending' to work. It is very sad.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Customer service is worse than zero!

I joined Suncorp 30 years ago when it was Metway, before the merger. Service & products good then, BUT now customers are merely an interruption to their day and it is incredibly frustrating even getting the simplest thing done. As I do 99% online I've been able to ignore it but having recently applied for a card after credit cards with other banks, I spent nearly 4 hours per day on the phone for over a week, with the most unprofessional staff who messed up everything, listed incorrect info on my application resulting in it being rejected in less than 24 hours, requested my income evidence 5 times & misplaced it, gave me 4 different emails to submit docs, never acknowledged receipt as requested, then said they were escalating it due to their mistakes and I've never heard a thing since. Phoned my local branch 3 times but no response despite their promise to call back the same day. As someone who has a high & regular income, own home, lots of assets, no debt or dependents & a perfect credit rating I just wonder how tbey can get it so wrong. I eventually drove to a branch for help, demanded to see the manager (which was another battle) & thought they must be closing down with only one of 2 tellers serving the queue, which was out the door & most of the furniture gone....The manager was empathetic but still no credit card so luckily I'd secured one in a 15 min call with one of the big four who are couriering it to me in time for a long trip. Cards are issued by Citibank so until they get rid of them & their complete ineptitude it will be an uphill battle. Obviously I am now in the process of switching the funds from all of our accounts away from Suncorp.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Does Suncorp still exist ?

I've just come back home from 2 years working overseas and with me I brought a large amount of cash in several Asian currencies that I wanted to convert to AUD$. I wanted to put some of this into my savings account, keep some in cash as spending money and set up a new term deposit for the balance.
I went to my local branch at Sandgate to perform the transaction - but find that branch is now a pharmacy ! I thought they must have relocated further down the road so I walked up and down the street, but no Suncorp. I asked at the pharmacy and they said that Suncorp had closed this branch and ATM machine.
I then drove to the Suncorp business centre in Virginia - but found it had closed too. So I drove to the small branch that used to be at Geebung - of course it was gone too. I then drove to the Aspley Hypermarket and found where Suncorp once was, was now an Asian grocery store ! The grocery store staff told me Suncorp had relocated to a new store in the same shopping centre, so I went there. At this store I found a wall of ATM machines and a bored looking female staff member sitting at the desk at the front of the store. I told her what I wanted to do and she said "Sorry, we don't do over the counter deposits here or foreign exchange, you will have to go to a full service store" I replied "What is this store, a NO service store?" she just smiled. She said the nearest full service store is at Chermside. I wasn't going to go there as it is located in a huge shopping centre, difficult to park, a long way to walk and probably big queues of customers. So, I decided to drive to the Suncorp branch at the smaller Strathpine Westfield shopping centre where I had done business before - and guess what... that branch was closed too.
I went home and phoned Suncorp (on hold for 15 minutes) and was told some crap "We are changing the way we do business with you" I was told that I can do deposits and withdrawals at the Sandgate Post Office or the ATM at the National Australia Bank... WTH??? I told her I wanted to deposit a large sum of cash in foreign currency and she said you can't do that at the Post Office or ATM, you will have to go to the nearest full service branch at Kippa Ring - some 40 minutes drive away. I was so disgusted that I just hung up.
Later that day I went to have a look at the ATM at the NAB at Sandgate and while looking a bit puzzled, a lovely female NAB staff member approached me and asked if she could help. I told her about stupid Suncorp and she said NAB can help you, we have picked up a lot of ex Suncorp customers after Suncorp have deserted the local residents.
I how have an NAB savings account, foreign cash exchanged, term deposit set up and a credit card application being processed. I am now in the process of closing all of my Suncorp accounts, Visa Card, Home Insurance, Car Insurance and Life Insurance and will be moving the lot to a bank that cares and offers customer service.
Shame on you Suncorp.