Suncorp Online

Suncorp Online

• Topics
    • Loan Application (11)
    • General Transactions (8)
    • Credit Card Application (5)
    • New Account (5)
    • Business Banking (4)
    • ATM Experience (2)
Sam

Sam

Suncorp makes banking very difficult and waste lot of your time

Just wanted to setup online banking, waited on the phone for more than one hour and still the staff couldn’t get me registered. Their system is too old and way behind in technology, you will waste lot of your time if you bank here.

JudgeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

worst customer experience ever

called to ask why my home loan interest rate is 1.5% higher than the advertised rate
couldnt get through after 15 minutes eventually selected the phone back option
when called back was required to answer 7 identity questions while waiting 5 minutes for my details to load
then operator just hung up and never called back

Judge

yeah i have had similar poor customer service and unanswered requests

Judge

"its just about the money" unwilling to provide financial assistance unless you have a job
you know, when you don't need it

Matthew H.

Matthew H.

Great bank, very supportive and always here to help

I've had nothing but good times with Suncorp across bank loans and credit cards. They consistently give me the best loan rates, personalised service and little perks. An example is recently i went to cancel a credit card, and I was just under the number of rewards points required to redeem a voucher. The consultant credited me with a few extra points so I could redeem the voucher... this is when i was cancelling the card! How nice is that! thanks Suncorp.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

JTT

JTTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst internet banking ever experienced.

TopicBusiness Banking
dan801

dan801Queensland

Don’t get a credit card through this mob

Been banking with them for many years. Recently got a credit card through them. Worst experience ever. Card arrived promptly but then everything went wrong. Their cards are owned by Citibank and can’t be managed via their internet banking. I can’t transfer directly from my savings account to my credit card. There is no applePay on their credit cards even though there is on other cards, they didn’t honour their interest free balance transfers, everytime I want to check my balance it’s asking for a stupid one time mobile pin and this is via some bastardised website not owned by Suncorp. I’m swapping my home loan and banking away from them. I’ve tried to resolve or ask for help but customer service is also terrible.

TopicCredit Card Application
Theo

TheoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible every step of the way

Deanne

Deanne

Worst bank to sign up to

Sign up online in December 2019, got heaps of email and texts offers....but no bank card or letter of welcome. I rang in January to ask what's going on 30 minutes later he said it will be sent and should have it in 5 business days. Now in February rang again and she said that it couldn't be sent due to I'd needs to be confirm. What a joke!! Told her to close the account then, she said she couldn't do it and I need to wait 130 days without touching the account.

H.Parai

H.ParaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 apps

Little did I know there are two apps. The one I used for fast osko payments was not fast but took longer than a day. Spoke to customer services, she looked up my transfer and my account and said ANZ should have received it immediately. Rubbish! Didn't know had to use other app. Neither did she.

I'd give Suncorp 0 stars if this was possible

After depositing a large amount from a house sale, Suncorp removed my account from online banking and their app (internet banking showed that I have no money and no accounts with them). This was an extremely stressful situation as we needed the funds in this account for another purchase. I was given the run-around by their useless customer service team for several hours in what was a very stressful situation for me. Not one single person at Suncorp out of the 5 that I spoke to seemed to care that I could no longer see or access my money held with them.

TopicBusiness Banking

DLR

DLRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Give this bank a miss

Have been a customer for over 10 years. I'm appalled by the multiple phone calls one needs to make when trying to sort out a banking problem. Suncorps token app is useless and everytime we have tired to use it, we have been locked out of our account, necessitating having to contact them all over again. Staff often have an ageist attitude. If you are above the age of 50, suggest you go to another bank.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Slow and goes nowhere!!!

It takes me TWO months to do the home loan transfer from Big 4 banks to Suncorp! Most of time wasted on case officer was on leave without a backup! After the 1st case officer came back, they decided to change another one and requested update documentation since time flies. Suncorp would like to see if my Financial situation changed after my application's wandering around in their office after one month!
Finally the loan settled!
However, I still cannot link the account onto online banking almost one month after settlement. And I repeat the same story as many times as I dialed in. The reference number were only provided untill I asked firmly! However, I've been told that there's no time frame for how long the issue would be fixed!

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
adzza

adzzaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Constant calls regarding a late payment and questioned on personal questions why payment was late. Never again

TopicCredit Card Application

Slow, would not go to this bank - car loan application

Once I had submitted all requested documents it took Suncorp two weeks to get back to me regarding my applicat. Their reply was a request for more documents for an account I don't even have? They also requested sooo much information, much more than I have ever been asked for by a bank. The whole application process was quite lengthy and complicated, even for someone like me with no existing debt, good employment history and income.

I ended up going through another bank and was approved no problem with the whole process taking under a week, well before I had even heard back from Suncorp.

Disappointing to provide so much of your personal information and time to a business for them to not take it seriously.

Holly

HollyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Time to shop around.

We have 2 homeloans, life insurance and home and contents ins with you... we have called three times for a mobile lender to visit us since you closed our branch - promised twice and that was 5 weeks ago. We have capacity but you obviously dont want anymore business. We have an appointment with a different bank next week. How disappointing.

AAA

AAA

Suncorp must close down pay out and get out of this business 297 Negative reviews is like Ebola. Plague.

Accurate facts I tried 15 calls so far. The Answer machine says they are trying to phone me. Then it hangs up landline number in their OFFICE> so how do you contact them. Manager leaves another similar message and never rings back. They still block my accounts being viewed until I go into the CITY.
The ONLY STORE not a bank anymore? a STORE.
as a disabled person with damaged leg this is not easy...
In UK when they stuff up they compensate you with payments to show their goodwill. Need it here BADLY.
297 clients might feel a bit better

ben C.

ben C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of time

My partner decide to get finance through Suncorp on the basis of low interest rate. She had pre approval and wait the Max of 7 days, being in contact daily. On the 8th day she was told I would have to be in the loan also as she hadn't earnt enough that year. My partner was on maternity leave until 5 months ago and they could clearly see that in the bank statements. We both earn good money so it was entirely based on that alone.
We could have even accepted that answer had they not wasted our time in waiting and with all the calls and emails.

Olin

OlinRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Home Loan Application - Very Poor, and not accurate

We applied for a Suncorp home loan through a broker, Suncorp held our application for literally 3 weeks. Always asking for more information, every few days. We eventually said we wanted an answer by C.O.B and we got denied. Very miss leading as we had enough capital and enough to service the loan but apparently not by Suncorps words. Even know that we have had home loans in the past. I will take my business elsewhere and spreading the word about the appalling process that has been taken place. The funny thing is my sister is with Suncorp as well and literally the other day she was talking about refinancing, I guess I will be advising her of other options that are more competitive.

wayne r.

wayne r.South East Queensland, QLD

Slow customer service .no answer

Every time I call customer service, I have to wait up to an hour...never gets any better. It's a really bad service..not worth being part of a bank like this.

Heath

HeathGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible systems and Oversight at every level

TopicBusiness Banking, Loan Application and New Account