Suzuki Swift

Suzuki Swift Questions & Answers

FZ, RS415, AZ
Brand Manager for Suzuki? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

196 questions from our users

Henry W.
Henry W.asked
Swift FZ (2011-2017)

We have a 2014 1.4l auto hatch. The aircon drive belt was fitted incorrectly sometime so I am replacing it . To remove the old belt I had to unbolt the compressor from the engine block as their is NO adjuster or idler pulley. The new belt is the same specs as the old one ie. 4pk695. My query is how to fit the new belt as I have tried what I think is everything? Pls no smart comments as I trained servicing aircraft. HELP.

E S.
E S.asked

Hey y'all

I have a 2008 Suzuki Swift RE2, Manual 1.5L with a bad instrument cluster (heard it's common). Fuel & temp gauge are gone, and speedo sticks often and sometimes quits completely.

Just wondering if anyone has replaced the instrument cluster in one of these as D.I.Y? Mechanics keep telling me that while the part and labour is minimal ($100 for the part plus half an hour of work), it's going to cost like $2000 to get the speedo recalibrated or something.... sounds like red tape crud to me to cover their butts legally (our govt here requires car manufacturers to set speedos to 10% below the speed you're actually going).

My questions are: did any other part from other models fit?
Are there any things to beware of, ie. do I need to disconnect battery first, does it reset anything?
Does it really mess with the speedo or can I tweak it myself?

Cheers!

figure8
figure8asked
Swift

how much will it cost to have a 1986 ford f150 resprayed in the suzuki swift yellow.

if you have an answer for this question can you please reply.

Tom G.
Tom G.asked
Swift

I have a Suzuki swift 2013 model and the hatchback door won't open. how can I get it working again please?

Is it keyed or remote

Lashawn S.asked
Swift FZ (2011-2017)

I have a 2011 Suzuki swift. I was having trouble starting it. It would start very weak or mostly won’t start at all it’ll jus go straight to the part where the lights on the dashboard would light up and ac would turn and after getting it start I noticed that the numbers for the fuel range Wasn’t showing up I even put gas in it and reseted the computer. I’m figuring it’s a dying battery since I’d have the car on “acc” to play music while I’m cleaning my car or to charge my phone. What can the problem be?

Atkin dingo

What sound it make when you start it

Lashawn S.

I can’t describe it but once it runs for a while and it’s turned off and turned back it starts Normal

Cinasked
AZ GL+ (2017-2021)

I bought this second hand 2017 suzuki swift with odometer 50k. After driving for couple of weeks it made a whooshing sound when accelerating. Took to a workshop and they couldn't find anything so, they decided its normal to make whooshing sound in swift 2017. Is it normal ?

Kourosh N.

I have not heard about it. I don't think it's normal

Dean L
Dean Lasked
Swift

Hi, I have a 2005 suzuki swift and it cuts in and out at 3800revs and also the tachometer won't work unless you hold the excelerator down so it gets to 2000revs and then it will rev to 3800 but if you let the revs drop to under 2000revs the tachometer will drop to zero all this happened at the same time. I have checked the cam timing, replaced the cam angle sensor and the crank angle sensor and the vvt solenoid but it still servers at 3800 any help would be appreciated thanks

Fran A.
Fran A.asked
Swift RS415 (2005-2010)

Brake pedal going to the floor. Full brake flush carried out, no leaking cylinders at the rear and no sticking caliber. I’m suspect of the master cylinder but I’ve also seen issues with the ABS units. Can anyone help?

Samara M.
Samara M.asked

I have a 2006 suzuki swift z series
I was wondering if I could get indicator side mirrors

Atkin dingo

Most had I have 2010 2011 2009 had side mirrors with indicators could buy if they same checked with spartan parts I know on friends mine 2009.2010 were same .

Ingo
Ingoasked
Swift AZ (2017-2021)

Has anyone here a Suzuki Swift GL Navigator with manual transmission? I am not a big fan of CVT's and thinking about going for the manual. What's your experience with the manual?

Kourosh N.

No but I think the cvt auto runs well on the car. If you don't like cvt Suzuki Baleno is cheaper than swift but it has a normal 4 speed auto however I don't think the product is as good as swift because we found during the test drive blend has bad suspension system and it seems to make excessive noise in the cabin when you accelerate which was why I decided not to buy it.

Anton B.
Anton B.asked
Swift

Hi - can anyone tell me what the little eye/lens is, next to the top roof brake light is on the Suzuki Swift GL?

Adam
Adam

It is the rear window washer, so water squirts down the rear window to clean it.

Simon T.
Simon T.asked
Swift

Hi. Got a 2006 manual swift. Engine light comes on randomaly and goes off again after a few days. When its on the car struggles a bit but runs perfectly when it turns off. Since i purchased it it has been happening constantly. I only run good fuel and service it myself more than it requires. Any idea why it may be coming on or how to fix. Thankyou

Samara M.
Samara M.asked

What colour is this
And what's the colour code?

Daniel
Daniel

Colour code should be marked on a plate that is attached on the chassis on the driver's or passenger side.

Mark Corn
Mark Cornasked
Swift FZ (2011-2017)

Does anyone know how to access the night illumination bulb in the automatic transmission gear stick console for it to be changed as mine seems to have blown?! There's nothing on the www for this information. Your advice would be gratefully appreciated!

Maxine W.
Maxine W.asked
Swift

Hi I have a 2009 Suzuki Swift I took it for a service and I was told that this the drive belt to start starting to crack how long before do I need to replace it and how much does it cost

Maxine W.
Maxine W.asked
Swift

Hi how much does it cost for a 2009 Suzuki Swift drive belt if it started to crack right when does it need replaced

Ron B.
Ron B.asked
Swift

I have a suzuki swift 2013 model - in the dashboard in has 3 different colours which change while I'm driving from blue to green and white. They had told me that each light represents what the car is running on if it's battery or petrol. Does anyone know anything about this? What do the 3 colours mean?

Jenny white
Jenny whiteasked

Will 2011 complete bumber fit 2014 Suzuki

Barb
Barbasked
Swift

08 swift after about a minute after start up it tries to cut out and whilst tying to cut out the stereo gets a lot louder for the 2 seconds she is trying to cut out then will happen another minute or so down the rd
Doesn’t cut out fully but dies right down
No lights come on dash no codes logged have had it checked
Have replaced spark plugs and leads and dfi unit

Gawain k
Gawain kasked
Swift FZ (2011-2017)

Hello all i have a 2011 fz 1.4ltr auto swift. having increase vibrations while at lights in drive only . new gasket was replaced top of exhaust plus rubber seal also have had 4 new shocks and front left engine mount replace . 2mths ago i had hoped this issue would go away. but vibrations still there and it surges quite embarrassing at light s so shift into neutral. . driving the car now it dosent sound right more of a purr in gear not like before . could this be gear box issues or tappet shims s?? already spent $1400recently on it. has 83k on speedo have had car since 2013 any suggestions be much appreciate thanks gawain

Suzuki Swift