Tentworld Online store

Tentworld Online store

Faulty Product & Terrible Customer Service

I received a faulty tent after purchasing online. TentWorld customer service team have advised that it is “unlucky” to have received a faulty item and will not exchange or refund on the item, they will only process a warranty repair. The product is new and unused and arrived faulty - somehow this is my fault and considered “unlucky” to receive a faulty item. Totally unacceptable customer service.

Kevin

KevinBoambee East

Beware Beware Beware Online Store

Michael GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ordinary response to a warranty request.

Purchased 2 OUTDOOR Companion Rhino Lounge chairs in December 2018 @139.00 each, went to use them again last Wednesday 10/4/19 and found one had rusted on letting Tentworld know and sending them photos on my return ( i did not take the chair as rusty water was pouring out) . I did leave the chair outside for about 2 days but in saying this they are OUTDOOR chairs for gods sake and they shouldn`t have rusted in that amount of time. Tentworld and Companion will not cover any warranty.
Not really happy with any of there responses.

Mike G

Michael G

I would understand if the chair was a year old or more but not 4 months, the tag is still attached to the chair.

MartyHunter Region, NSW

I ordered a tent online from Tent World and was very surprised how quick it was delivered. Only 3 business days. It was missing tent poles for the awnings however when I contacted them they had arranged a replacement pole set within 10 mins of me contacting them. I would highly recommend tent world as the service is great and nothing is a problem.

Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Thank you for the great review Marty ! I hope you are able to go camping soon & put your new tent to good use! Kind Regards Tentworld team.

Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Great to hear Marty! Thanks for the trip report! Setting up in the dark is always a challenge, glad you got it all done with ease! Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Roundy C

Roundy CMid North Coast, NSW

Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent

Purchased tent 'Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent'. First outing weather was windy and major centre support poles snapped. Tentworld would not refund. Wouldn't recommend tent or company.

Drew G

Drew GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

Recently ordered Blackwolf Turbo 450 Cabin. It arrived with a small whole in the fly. I emailed a photo and after two days the team let me know that they had worked with Blackwolf to organise a replacement fly to be couriered straight to our house.

On one hand you might read this and say well that's exactly what we would expect as a consumer. Though so many times at other online stores i have been disappointed and ended up arguing the toss about how the damage occurred, can i send back the original item first, who pays for shipping etc...... I was pleasantly surprised!

Thankyou Tentworld, you have a loyal customer

cheers
Drew

Steve

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Issues with suppliers but Tentworld go the extra mile to resolve

Tam T

Tam TBrisbane

Tentworld Online Courier Service Is a Let Down

Dup

DupMandurah WA

ON-line buying

I tried to buy almost $200 worth of camping gear , and on the website it says anything over $89 free shipment. Because i stay in WA , i can not get the free shipment , even though they have a shop in Midland. I would rather support another camping store. Good buy Tent world!!!!

Great Customer Service - Black Wolf tent

I bought a Black Wolf tent through Tentworld - it was delivered very promptly. The first time I took it camping one of the fibreglass poles broke and I found a manufacturing defect in the floor of the tent that had left one of the seams with a hole in it.
On return I provided photos to Tentworld and explained the issues with the new product.
They immediately told me to return the damaged poles and tent inner and replaced them with brand new ones. They paid for the return shipping and sent the replacements within a couple of days.

Excellent customer service and great product support - thank you Tentworld for great work

Knewcastle

KnewcastleNewcastle

Delivered wrong item

Ordered an item. Incorrect item was delivered by courier. Was repeatedly told I had to be home 9-5 on a day for courier to pick up said item to be returned. Ridiculous to ask me to stay home for a day because of their mistake! Went back and forth like this for a while. Offered a partial refund if I kept wrong item. Asked to speak to a manager who then called me said they will forfeit incorrect item to me and refund me fully. Was very apologetic. But I still won't be getting the correct item which turns out wasn't actually in stock. So if you have a business address or somewhere you are 9-5 to receive order, otherwise bear in mind my situation.

Mojave

MojaveSydney

great work great price

Fantastic response to orders, like seriously unexpectedly fast delivery. Great prices on most products ( hey I still shop around), great specials cannot recommend these guys enough, and I never bother reviewing anything online but I got exactly what I ordered in 3 days!!

Yarnijoel

YarnijoelAU

Good service but need to step up there game

Bronson

BronsonMelbourne

Excellent customer service.

I recently made a claim on the Coleman HWOD through Tentworld. They were straight onto it, asking for photos & a description of the fault. After contacting Coleman, they got back to me & shipped the replacement parts immediately. Fabulous service, all fixed in less than two weeks. Thanks Tentworld!

Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Thanks Bronson! Sorry you had a problem with your HWOD but so glad we could sort it easily & quickly for you. Thanks very much for your review. Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Ash

AshAustralia

Slow shipping and absolutely zero communication. Stock levels inaccurate.

Placed an online order before 10am. Website advertises same-day shipping on orders placed before 10am. All items ordered were in stock. No shipping confirmation received. Followed up the next day at 1pm. Still hasn't shipped. One of the items that was in stock is actually not in stock and I'm told there's was a "warehouse counting error". As I am told this information their website is still showing the item as in stock. No explanation as to why the order didn't ship the previous day. No explanation as to why no one bothered calling or emailing about the item not in stock. Absolutely useless. Very disappointing.

BruceSydney

Unable to follow simple consumer law

We bought a screen dome tent that had a fault in one of its poles. Contacted the company within the stated time frame to request to return the item for a refund. Informed we would have to pay for the return postage (@1/3rd of the cost of the tent), even though consumer law is clear that the return postage cost is to be born by the vendor. Since informing Tentworld of this there has been no correspondence from them at all. I wouldn't purchase anything on line from this business. They are clearly only interested in the bottom line and don't care about customer service/experience.

Lachlan P

Lachlan PToowoomba

great service one very happy customer

Thank you Tentworld for the friendly knowledgeable staff, who have helped make our family adventures comfortable and fun. My wife loves the ensuite shower tent (ps, so do i) and for the great stock of camping paraphernalia which keeps our old camper trailer ready for adventure ;-)

Negelected customer

Negelected customerBrisbane

Online store is neglectful of customers

I purchased an inflatable bed from Tentworld only to have the wrong item sent. Even after sending the item back with tracking via Aus post i still have to wait weeks for them to receive it back and then send me the correct item.
I did not make the mistake and they are doing nothing to fulfil the purchase contract made to them. The only resort i have left is to contact my financial institution to try and get my money back.
Thanks for the heartache Tentworld. I will never use you again and neither will anyone i speak to be recommended to use you. At least Snowys know how to treat a customer.

Great Tent

Easy to set up even without practice!!, plenty of room, good having doors at both ends, seems good quality, took advice from an online video and bought a tarp to put down under the tent which worked a treat. We were more than comfortable even though it was extremely cold. Was surprised how quickly we received our tent.

Review collected in partnership with Tentworld

Brad

Brad

Tremendous bit of kit

Purchased the Potjieking recently (it's a small mobile wood/charcoal burner) that's designed for an African cast iron pot. It was delivered in a speedy fashion and I was cooking on it almost immediately. I can see us taking it away with us when we go camping.

Review collected in partnership with Tentworld

TC123asked

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives

CategoryOnline Shops and Camping Shops