TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

Darren

DarrenBrisbane

Will not cover cancellation if country travel status changes

They are proud to admit they void their own policy if the country you are travelling to becomes a "do not travel", using the coronavirus pandemic as a scapegoar saying all reasons for canceling should be forseeable because of it. Absolute joke, avoid these thieves

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Great service. Great staff.

Easy to purchase, great value and it is sooo worth, especially travelling with young kids. Was so worry about the claims and expenses but TID made my travel trip without hassle.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

This is awesome to hear! We appreciate the feedback :)

Danielle

DanielleGoulburn Valley, VIC

Easy to claim on cancelled overseas trip

Purchased my policy well before Corona Virus.
Cancelled our holiday to China once Smart Traveller announces do not travel. Unfortunately Inspiring Vacations would not refund all of our holiday. But our insurance policy cover the cancellation fees. TID paid out our policy so quickly unlike Inspiring Vacations, we are still to receive our refund

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Travel Insurance

Find out how TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance) compares to other Travel Insurance

blacklisted

blacklistedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do I even have to give a star?!?!

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

Worst travel company to seek any claim

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

CiscoSydney, NSW

Have been waiting for over a month and still no decision

This is my second review in 5 years and sadly, they have gone downhill since. I have been waiting for a decision since my claim over 40 days ago (assured a decision within 10). I've only seen 2 responses from my assessing officer, both to provide additional documents, which I did immediately. Asked for a couple of follow-ups...no response. Don't waste your time and money.

They are good at taking your money with their quick and easy application process but once they do, it seems they stop caring.

Cisco

Thanks Brenden. All sorted now and awaiting settlement, albeit taking much longer than I expected

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Great to hear and I'm sorry the process took longer than expected. I've also sent you a reply in our private message conversation.

Extremely slow processing a simple claim

I lodged a claim a month ago and have received just one email asking for more information which I responded to immediately with the required information. Half of the information TID was asking for in the email has already been included in my claim. I think it was just an excuse for them to prolong a decision on my claim.

I DEFINITELY won't be using TID ever again. Covermore is apparently really good which I wish I had known beforehand.

redsax19

redsax19Sydney Surrounds, NSW

POOR CLAIMS SERVICE

Made a claim in early January and was assured that the claim would be completed within 10 business days. Over 10 business days and still waiting. I will give them credit, their Emergency assistance team was extremely helpful and reassuring.

Contacting TID difficult

I have called TID on the 26th to talk to them about a second claim and could not get through, so I used their call back service and still haven't been contacted by customer service team 2 days later

Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations

C.HARBERSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Submitted My Claim, Nov 5 2019, Its Nov21 Now And Have Not Heard From Them

Submitted my claim, Nov 5 2019, its Nov21 now and have not heard from them.
ITS my first claim been using them for long time
claiming for airline ticket
medical expenses
food
accommodation
had chickenpox
called 2 days ago they said someone will call me back, but no one called, called again today could not give me time frame, I could be waiting forever.

Claim DateNovember 2019

date check
January 2,2020
claim still pending

S Golf

S Golf

Great unless you need to claim

Lodged a claim for medical bills I occured in the USA over a month ago. The claims process takes too long as every time they require something further and you privide it, the 10 business day processing period starts again. Was emailed asking for details I'd already provided and so the 10 business days starts again. Have used other providers in the past and never had a claim take more than two weeks. Terrible claims process

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult

I can't thank TID enough!

Unfortunately my Bali holiday was spent in hospital having emergency surgery on my apendix, i was so worried and emotional , TID staff were fantastic and so caring , they called me often to see how I was doing . thankgod I had full cover, as it was a huge bill. Totally recommended TID, I'll be sticking with them thats for sure.
Thanks again to the beautiful staff that I talked to..

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Excellent service

Wife & I chose TID for our recent trip to South Korea being cheaper than previous policies with Medibank. More importantly for the service they provided our daughter earlier in year who had TID and needed to claim following skiing accident (ruputured ACL) in Japan. TID were excellent at responding in getting medical support, organising her repatriation to Australia paying all costs, business class flight home, medical expenses in Japan and reimbursement of travel & accommodation of used later holiday all the while keeping us in the loop.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Selena

SelenaSydney, NSW

Helpful staff and comprehensive cover for all your travel items

I feel that my insurance is slightly higher than average however the service and the additional item it had covered worth the price. I have not yet lodged a claim however this is the number one choice for whenever I need to buy a travel insurance.

RobynFar North Queensland, QLD

Worse travel insurance company to use

TID are happy to take on a policy year after year and when I actually put a claim in for smashed suitcases and missing jewellery, they suggest it is my fault and do not reimburse.
the whole process of lodging a claim is almost impossible. when receipts and invoices are finally uploaded to the computer or copied on the smart phone, there program does not allow the upload ( even though it does not exceed file limit), so a followup email is needed. the whole lodging a claim took me a good part of the day, which many phone calls to TID, where you were kept on the phone waiting for up to an hour.
A useless business.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Other
BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Robyn, sorry to hear of your poor experience with us. So I can look into it for you could you kindly provide me with your policy number? ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

Robyn

Why bother ?, you are still sending emails ( one today) asking that I get a repair quote on a smashed suitcase .

JessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful do not use

Absolutely awful experience. I’ve been waiting more than 20 days for an outcome of my claim.
Average response to emails is 10 days for 1 reply. More than 30 minutes on hold waiting to speak to an operator.

I’m disgusted.

My flight was cancelled for a week trip and because I could not on a flight for 4. Days later I asked Jetstar for a refund and now travel insurance direct are refusing to pay my missed hotel accommodation saying I could have stayed there 3 days. Absolutely a joke!!!!’

Do not use

Claim DateJuly 2019
Jess

Ash is this your correct email address? It says it can’t be sent to this email address????

Jess

I am in the UK and have been trying to contact them for 5 days by phone leaving msgs and callback

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
paul harrison
paul harrison
BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Paul, sorry about that - I've just had another look through my inbox and still couldn’t find your email. If you could kindly resend or just provide me with your policy number via message. Ash

ZacPerth

Just awful to deal with

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019
Zac

Well I did that 6 days ago and didn't get a response. I guess everything is a minimum of 10 days with TID?

Anna02Melbourne

Very slow in communication and processing your request

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why even have travel insurance?

Claim DateJuly 2019
BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi David, sorry to learn of your disappointing claims experience. Can you please provide me with your claim number so I can look into it for you and if need have your claim reviewed ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

See all TID Travel Insurance Direct reviews