TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

3.7

Rosie

Rosie

Very efficient.

I had booked my flights in December 2019. Of course everything was cancelled early 2020. I put in an online claim for flight costs. The online claim process was fairly easy, although you did have to send some information via email when it would not upload on their website. But it all went through and was processed efficiently and as quickly as possible given that they were very busy. I got my refund and I’m very pleased with the way they handled the claim. Would use them again.

Matt

MattBALLINA EAST

Customer 9.5 years - Claim in for 3 Months

Previously happy with TID, as title says long time customer.
But this trip I submitted a claim due to Covid (we purchased cover 14th Jan before any news of pandemic)

Claim submitted in March, 5 emails since but cant get any response apart from we didn't get it, we are busy etc.

Surprised to see the recent reviews of quick response. Was doing a quick internet search to see if they were maybe going under and ended up here at PR and thought you know what, hang sending yet another "are you there" email, they can have a review here on how a customer of 9.5 years has found the service this time. 5 attempted contacts is enough.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Rebecca J.

Rebecca J.Queensland

COVID claim - will use TID in the future

This is the first time I’d used TID after a referral from a friend. Our overseas trip was cancelled due to COVID and our travel agent refused to give us a refund. I had contact with TID throughout the period of waiting on responses from our travel agent. I made a claim with TID and was extremely happy with the outcome. I didn’t submit all the paperwork the first time so had to submit further information and then received our response within the 10 working days timeframe and then received the money the following day. The claims system wasn’t working properly so I submitted screen shots of the claims steps along with all of my paperwork. Will definitely be using them in the future and refer them for travel insurance.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim DateMay 2020
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Travel Insurance

Find out how TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance) compares to other Travel Insurance

Roslyn V.

Roslyn V.South East Queensland, QLD

So glad I had it

Type of ClaimMedical
SueIppo

SueIppoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Breath of fresh air

What a wonderful experience with TID in difficult times. Not long on hold and get to speak to a consultant. Made a very stressful situation simple. Well done TID you have won my future travel Insurance business.

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Thank you so much for the review! Once you're ready to plan your next trip (when the world re-opens), you know where we are. We also have Domestic policies if you're looking at any Aussie adventures :)

No fuss claim process

Purchasing the policy was easy, claiming when things went wrong was also easy, overall a good experience, with regular contact throughout the claim process. Would buy again for my next trip

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Judy K

Judy KSydney, NSW

Covid Chaos

We were booked to travel to UK and Paris but COVID-19 struck and our plans were cancelled.
Our travel agent handled the cancellations and advised us to submit a claim to our travel insurance company, which I did. Once we received the refund from the airlines TID paid a portion of the balance. TID kept in contact with me at all times and were exceptially helpful. At no time did I expect a refund on my policy because we didn't fly because .. duh that's why you pay for insurance. This is my first time with TID but this experience has been positive and I'd use them again. Judy

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Website down- cannot claim??

Usually am very happy with TID, but I have been trying to make a claim on the website for 10 days now and it continues to show an error message. I have emailed to contact and received no response.

dan

danMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After 10 years as a loyal TID customer, terrible service and transparency.

Brad P.

Brad P.Sydney, NSW

Liars and Cheats

My Pensioner parents cancelled a policy not used because their trip was cancelled by the travel provider & TID refused to refund the premium even though the policy was not used.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Jamie A.

Jamie A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

TID have basically taken money and provided no service.
We took out 2 'The works' policies and 1 month into a 12 month trip were forced to come home due to Corona. TID have advised they will not pause our policies enabling us to use them when travel is possible again and will not provide any form of credit or refund. They have taken full payment, provided 1/12 of the policy and kept the full amount.

Will never use again.

DestinationAfrica
Sue b

Sue bMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So happy with outcome

We purchased the works for our European holiday in August 2019 for a holiday May 2020.
We have been paid for our claim even though it did take a while because of a breakdown in communication. Misplaced documents were resent and within 10 days our claim was settled.
Can’t be happier. Book insurance when holiday is booked is the best practice folks.
Thanks again TID.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Zero refund ... poor form for no service

We have used Travel Direct Insurance many times and have always been happy with the service however after purchasing the works insurance in early February 2020 for a European trip which was supposed to commence next week (but has been cancelled due to Covid19 restrictions) we have been told by TID that we won’t receive any refund. Absolutely poor form when you haven’t even provided us with any service. Would seriously think about rebooking with this TID insurance ever again.

lil-fifi

lil-fifiMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

8time user very happy!

I have used TID for international travel 8 times now and love it! One trip I was robbed and had to make a claim and the claim process was easy and the staff helpful. During this COVID-19 pandemic they have been beyond accommodating. Cannot recommend enough!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateOctober 2016
Suntanner

SuntannerNorthern NSW

Would give zero rating if possible. Will never deal with TID again.

Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Daniel

DanielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wont refund insurance due to COVID-19 restrictions

Advised today that unused insurance premiums won't be refunded. How can TID not refund insurance premiums when the policy was not used. $$$ paid without receiving a service!!! Hopefully TID can change their refund policy during these unprecedented times.

Peter Rae

Peter RaePerth, WA

Failure To Refund For Service Not Provided.

I purchased the top Travel Insurance last year in August 2019. I requested a refund on my policy 25th March 2020 as my travel had been cancelled due to COVID19 restrictions. Today 28/4/20 TID denied me a refund. So they have taken $396 from me without actually providing a service to me. And now they wont refund.... Appalling business practice and very greedy company. I do not recommend anyone use this company in the future.

DestinationNew Zealand and North America (inc. Hawaii)
M J B

M J BSouth East Queensland, QLD

No credit on insurance for cancelled holiday

DestinationAfrica
John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ridiculous

My flight was cancelled due to Covid-19.
I requested a refund from TID on 19/03/2020 due to not using or requiring their insurance
They said wait 5 business days
I have now waited 31 days
They apparently do not care
I would definitely not recommend them

Nat Russell

Nat Russell

Terrible Service

This is the second policy I’ve bought with TID. Fortunately I never needed to claim on my first one, as it is very easy to sign up and give your money but from the multiple negative reviews on Facebook very difficult to claim or in fact even get any customer service.

This second policy I purchased has needed to be cancelled due to COVID and promises of sent forms and return phone calls has not happened and I’ve been chasing them up for a month with no help.

I have used other travel insurance companies in the past and will definitely be going back to them when I do travel and not using TID.

See all TID Travel Insurance Direct reviews

Sue b

Sue basked

The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

We started the claims process on March 23rd via post with photo copies of receipts and other requirements.
I have made numerous phone calls and told that nothing had been received. 4 weeks later it was sitting in my login account loaded up with my written claim.
I am frustrated that any communication has been instigated by me and not TID.
Now we are being asked the breakdown charges of a European PACKAGE holiday. I think that 50 percent or more of overseas holidays are packaged . Does the traveller ever know the costs of all aspects of a PACKAGE.
Not happy with the lack of response however the staff taking calls are brilliant.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for reaching out about your claim. I understand that the delays with claims communications is incredibly frustrating and we are working hard to get through the unprecedented volumes of claims and customer service enquires brought on by COVID-19.

I'd be happy to look into this for you further and ask that your claims assessor contacts you. I'll send you a private message to get a few more details.

Kind regards,
Brenden - Customer Experience

Chris Kuypers

Chris Kuypersasked

The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

Will we be covered for a trip to America and cruise in August if coronaviras is still around

Hi Chris,

Great question; Coronovirus is absolutely causing some uncertainty when it comes to travel right now. Coverage available really depends on when you purchased your policy and we've created a page on out website top outline the coverage available: https://www.travelinsurancedirect.com.au/travel-alerts/novel-coronavirus-update.

Our customer service team is also available to answer any additional questions and you can reach them on 1300 843 843.

All the best,