Torino Famosa

Listing monitored by Torino

20 questions from our users

Paul A.asked
Famosa

What is the issue when the idle cuts out and doesn’t move when

Paul A.

Bike not started for 9 months drained petrol refuelled and put spitfire in the tank it’s starts idling when I increase the throttle it stalls and also it’s idling off the stands shouldn’t it move when increase the throttle what is wrong????

Hi Paul.
Sometimes when they have been sitting around for a while you need to let them run at idle for a little bit then eventually start to accelerate. Back off the acceleration if it is going to stall. It could also be a couple of other things if you have not started it for 9 months. Best would be to get a mechanic to look at it. Your carby could be clogged up with dried up fuel, the rubber seals in carby and rubber hoses may have to be replaced if there is an air leak somewhere.

If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Torino Motorcycles on 02 9557 6180.

Arthurasked
Famosa

Hi there my speedometer is not working on my Torino famosa , what is the part number , and is it easy to change ??
Cheers

Hi Arthur
If you would like to contact Torino Motorcycles 02 9557 6180 or your local dealer to assist you with supply of parts for your speedo.

We supply a full range of parts for your scooter and will be able to assist you with your needs.

Arthurasked
Famosa

Hi there I just purchased a Torino 125 , I think the head light is a little higher than it should be how do you adjust the headlight cheers , Arthur

Hi Arthur.

You are able to adjust the headlight by taking the panel off and at the back of the headlight there is a screw to adjust it up or down.

If you have any further question you are able to contact Torino Motorcycles directly on 02 9557 6180 and our friendly staff will be able to assist you.

Duncan
Duncanasked

Hi there,
I have a Torino Famosa 150 and was wondering which oil I should use for it’s service?
Many thanks in advance!
Duncan

Hi Duncan
We reconmend a 4 stroke engine oil 10W40.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact Torino Motorcycles on 02 9557 6180.

PYW
PYWasked
Famosa

May I know the mileage please?

Torino M.Torino

Depending on how the bike is used you should average approximately 3lt/ 100km.

Edu S.
Edu S.asked
Famosa

Hi everyone, I'm trying to change the headlight bulb, but I can't take the headlight apart. Please help!!

Nora F.
Nora F.asked
Famosa

Hi! I have a torino famosa 124cc and I have to put oil and I don't know what kind of oil need it. Can you help me?

Hi Nora
Thank you for your inquiry.
We use a 10W40 4stroke engine oi. The scooter will take 700ml.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us on 02) 95576180.

nilesh c.
nilesh c.asked

hi there,
can you please help me with the mileage of Famosa 125cc??

Poonam S.
Poonam S.asked
Famosa

I live in the Blue mountains. I need to use it to go up and down the mountain. Is it just a city ride or I can use it up here as well?

Torino M.Torino

Thank you for your Inquiry Poonam.

We have sold plenty of scooters to people in hilly areas. You will not be disappointed!

You are welcome to make an appointment at our Penrith warehouse to take one for a test ride.

Ajju R.
Ajju R.asked
Famosa

I had a issue with my scooter it’s getting off in the middle of the roads what is the problem with that. I bought this scooter like 3 months back.

Hi Ajju.

It appears you have purchased a used scooter.

Not knowing if the scooter has been serviced, in an accident or the circumstances of your issue makes diagnosis difficult.

If you would like to contact us on 02 9557 6180 we will be happy to assist you.

We will get you up and running in no time!

Maurya K.asked

Is it really worth it?

Gerard

It's OK if you're not doing many kilometers.
Otherwise try something else.

Torino M.Torino

Torino Motorcycles have been in Australia for 16 years and have bikes that have done hundreds of thousands of kilometres.

Most of customers use our bikes for their daily commute and love the reliability.

We are the best value scooter company in Australia and pride ourselves on our excellent quality.

Is it worth it? You bet it is!

Please call Torino Sydney head office anytime on 02 9557 6108

Look forward to assisting you!

Maurya K.

Is it suitable for delivery services like uber, menulog etc

Asna
Asnaasked
Famosa 125cc

I own one and am trying to find where the compliance plate is for the scooter

Hi Asna

Thank you for the enquiry. The compliance plate on the Famosa is on the bottom right hand side of the frame rail near the engine. You have to look up from underneath the bike where the right hand side skirt ends.

From Torino Motorcycles.

Fabio
Fabio asked
Famosa 125cc

Thinking of buying one but will commute with my wife and it’s a little hilly here. Is it powerful enough on hills with a passenger? Many thanks

Gerard

It may be. I would advise a bigger bike though.

Torino M.Torino

Thank you for your inquiry on our Scooters.

Our range of 125 & 150cc scooters are designed to carry passengers and are capable of going up hills.

Mitch E.
Mitch E.asked
Famosa

Can we rent scooters on Learner license?

Hi Mitch

Thank you for your inquiry on our Torino Famosa Scooter. We only sell this scooter through our approved dealer network.

You will need to contact a scooter hire company who would be able to confirm what their policy is concerning rental to a learner licensed rider.

There would be companies which should hire out to learner riders.

E thornton
E thorntonasked

Hi there
I haven’t rode my bike for a good 6 months.
We have the battery starting.
Would you suggest topping up the oil ? It hasn’t had a service for a year. I just need a sort term fix to get me up and running before I get to the garage.

AJAY KUMAR S.asked
Famosa 150cc

I want to know the servicing centers in Gold Coast

Hi Ajay

Thank you for your inquiry. You are able to take your scooter to your local licenced mechanic. If they require any information or parts they can contact us on 02 9557 6180 and we will be able to assist.

From Torino Motorcycles.

Hai mate,
My Torino famosa 150 front light glass is broken. Is it replaceable only the glass or hole set has to be replace???
Thanks.

Hi Ajay
The headlight comes as a whole unit. Glass is not separate. The item is in stock.
From Torino Motorcycles 02 9557 6180.

Stephen C.
Stephen C.asked

How do you start it

Hi Stephen.
Thank you for your inquiry.
Turn the ignition switch on. Make sure the kill switch on the right hand side controls is in the on position. Put the side stand to the up position. Hold in one of the brakes and press the start button. You may have to give the throttle less than a 1/4 turn while starting it.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Torino Motorcycles on 02 9557 6180.

Stephen C.
Stephen C.asked
Famosa 125cc

Hos do you start the scooter

bsnasked
Famosa 150cc

Hi guys,

The speedometer and odometer are not working on my Torino Famosa. I changed the cable but still not working. Do you have an idea what it could be? Also, do you know where can I by a new speedometer and odometer (The screen at the top is yellow).

Another question, the kick is not working. It looks like stuck. Any idea how I could fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Gerard

It will more than likely be the Speedo drive which is located in the front wheel.

bsn

Thank you Gerard. You are right. I've investigated this yesterday and the sensor is not working anymore. I will get a new one. Thanks mate

Hi

It may be the speedo pick up at the wheel or the cable may not be installed correctly. It should be a simple and quick fix.

We stock the parts for Torino Scooters, you are able to purchase parts by contacting us on 02 9557 6180.

The kick starter has some gears inside the cover which need to be in the correct position otherwise it may get stuck. I would suggest you go to an authorised mechanic to have the bike serviced.

Khaled Qamar
Khaled Qamarasked
Famosa 125cc

who manufactures the famosa torino pls?

Torino M.Torino

Torino MC is the manufacturer of the Famosa. We can be emailed on sales@torinomc.com.au if you need any info!

Get an answer from our members and Torino representatives

Torino Famosa