Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch

Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch (2011-2021)

Also referred to as: Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch 2020 and Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch 2022. Ascent, YR, YRS, etc...
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features
Lyle
LyleSouth East Queensland, QLD

This car was perfect for the job she has got

My new Toyota Yaris is 7.5 months old and already done 52000kms ! It is a dream to drive and with added safety features compared to my old Yaris I am very happy with this car. If you are looking for a small car you can’t go past this car!

Purchased in January 2021.

Muhammad Waqar Anwar
Muhammad Waqar Anwar

Economical little car

I mainly use my car to and from work. Sometimes, I use my car to deliver food casually.
I find this car fuel-efficient and it does not require huge amounts of money to service.
this car is one of the best little cars for a daily commute and it is most reliable as it is a Toyota.

Purchased in August 2020 for $9,000.00.

mayon
mayonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fuel efficient small car

I bought yaris as used car after 30 k run, 2015 model...recently changed the battery..it s very cheap to run the car for work...freeway drive bit noisy..cheap to run ..good for starters to save money..

Purchased in April 2020 for $10,500.00.

Fran
Fran

Terrible clear coat/paint peeling after only 5 years. No help from Toyota!

Red Yaris 9 years old, 63,000kms. Looks terrible, clear coat peeled in patches, requires $5000 paint fix. Regular carpark survey shows it's very common problem. Looks terrible makes car worthless.

Purchased in April 2012 at Toyota Dealers.

TransmissionAutomatic

Lisa S.
Lisa S.South East Queensland, QLD

Paint started peeling

Car used for commuting to work. Mainly parked under cover.
Car used approx 5 days per week
Serviced as per schedule
No mechanical issues
Issue with paint peeling at approx 6 years old. Peeling all along bottom of back window and spots of peeling paint on roof and bonnet. It is the clear coat that is peeling. Can see this has occurred with many yaris cars by looking at other complaints online.

Purchased in March 2014 at Toyota Dealers for $18,000.00.

heidijaneh
heidijaneh

Such a reliable car

I just use this car for running around the city. It is easy to maintain. Cost effective. I like that seats can go down so I can slide surprisingly large items in! It's small and easy to park. Love the reverse camera. I get it serviced regularly and no issues other than a high clutch point, which is a preference thing.

Purchased in July 2015 at Toyota Dealers.

Peter S.
Peter S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Powerful, Cheap to Own and All the comforts.

I use my 2011 Yaris daily "Bought it quite a few years ago", and it still zips past cars on steeply inclined highways at around 110 k's whilst using 98 Octane, and thats even when I have three passengers and the back hatch full of stuff..

The trick is to keep the old girl well maintained, and at around 200 bucks a year that's excellent, Oh and I would highly recommend you use 95 Octane as I get a crap ton of more k's that way, and when youre about to do a highway run fill er up with 98 Octane, That way you have more power and amazing fuel Economy, don't forget to give the old girl a boot now and then on acceleration to clear her up and stop it from getting lazy..

Purchased in March 2017 at Toyota Dealers for $9,000.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Sarah
SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks lovely, is roomy, but to drive it is awful

Purchased in May 2019 for $15,990.00.

Mina B.
Mina B.Sydney, NSW

Perfect

Save petrol. Big from inside. Has all options. Easy to service it. Liable car. I have been driving 2015 Yaris and I have no problem. It is now 135000 km without any problem

Purchased in March 2015 for $17,000.00.

Perfect little car

My car is for personal use. Just around my suburb normally. I have 2 car seats in the back. I've had 1 service so far and it was good customer service. The people at Mornington Toyota were great to deal with.
The only issue with the car is that is a bit loud but doesn't bother me that much. Get about 400km out of a tank. When the fuel is good I pay about $40-$45 to full it

Purchased in March 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $16,999.00.

Amanda
Amanda

Cheap to run! Great little car that will last for years

This little Yaris is so economical and it's never had any issues. My work also have Yaris cars and they are reliable and cheap to service.
Would highly recommend these cars to anyone.

Gail Sutton
Gail SuttonMurray Region, NSW

My Hatchback Baby Daisy

I love Daisy she goes when she hot or cold she runs through the trees Daisy sees things before me left or right Which way I want to go .turns in circles which way I go We stand together at a sight looking left and right I cannot do without her I did for a month and all was a frump she needs so little I fix her every month wash and clean and she feels so neat she runs for weeks Thank You Toyota for her so much Iam never in a rush Just try one and you will see the little white Yaris is for us G Sutton

Mfinn028
Mfinn028

Best small car

I absolutely love my yaris even though it looks small on the outside it is quite spacious such a good engine on the car too you will never be disappointed

Purchased in September 2018 for $16,699.00.

Julies
JuliesRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Goes beyond my best expectations

I have had my car almost 7 years and its always been reliable. I have had to use it extensively when doing home nursing and also transporting clients. Petrol consumption is very economical. Its the best and most reliable car I've ever had.

Purchased in April 2013 for $16,500.00.

Waris
WarisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Bullet proof Reliability

Purchased in October 2016 at Pickles Auctions for $9,000.00.

Brian m
Brian masked
Yaris XP130 Hatch YR (2011-2014)

Thinking of purchasing 2014 with 115076 ks what is the opion on this

Sarah J.

I'm not sure Bout later models. That's a few kms on it. Depends how much it is. Mine is 2018 and it's been very good so far I'm at 10,000kms and have had no issues

RDD
RDDasked
Yaris XP130 Hatch (2011-2021)

Purchased a new Yaris 2015 Hatch Ascent . Clocked in at 19,000 kms. My car failed as it was struggling to move when changing gears. Roadside assistance detected the car was running on 3 cylinders and should be on 4. Why????
The car has to be towed back to Toyota for further investigation.

The car at times fails to start. Why is this?

So disappointed and annoyed.

This is a new car and I think it's a bloody lemon.

Nelson Tan
Nelson Tan

Unfortunately there's a lemon every now and then, even with luxury cars... It's just one of the few cases where it got past their quality control checks.

den
den

Hi mate.. I am not a mechanic so that I can tell you what exactly is happening to your car, however, you can ask for a replacement car from Toyota dealer for going to work for free . I guess, you still have warranty left...good luck n hope you will get your car back soon.. cheers

chuck48
chuck48

Unable to answer the mechanical questions - a pity as Toyota are usually very reliable. Have noted that sometimes motor does not kick with key ON. Place foot on brake and make sure auto is properly in park. Then good to go . The Yaris is definitely not a power plant.
PS how come a new car with 2015?

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch (2011-2021)

Compare all 11 Toyota Yaris
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $18,690$21,490$26,190$16,190
TransmissionAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomaticAutomatic and Manual
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.3L
Max Power62kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm63kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque120Nm @ 4600rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm121Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateOct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2011