Toyota Yaris XP90.I

Toyota Yaris XP90.I (2005-2013)

See the Best Sedans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Alex

AlexAdelaide

Good reliable car. Driving dynamics average

We bought this car a few years ago and has served us well. The only disappointment is the poor driving position and handling. The high drivers seat feels quite unnatural

Purchased in September 2017 for $4,999.00.

Noise Level
Comfort

ever.dream

ever.dreamSydney, NSW

Love this car!

Such a great reliable car, very affordable as well! Even though there isn’t a lot of space on the back seat, the front seats are so spacious and comfortable.

There are also so many drink holders - I especially love the one right next to the steering wheel for my coffee; and there are three glove boxes, very is very handy!

Date PurchasedOct 2014
joy

joyMelbourne

I'm glad we are getting rid of it!

Our personal experience was terrible!! It was our son's first car and all he had was troubles. It stalled and would start shaking and dying while standing on red lights or similar. Couple times it died in the middle of a busy roundabout and all I could see that one day might end up tragically becasue the car kept dying whenever he would take his foot of the gas. We visited Toyota service numerous times but they kept saying it was nothing. All they did was raising the motor turns so it doesn't keep turning off but still without putting it in neutral it would start shaking and turn off eventually. So, we had some car...very disappointed but happy to say goodbye yaris.

Date PurchasedMar 2008
Lilis

LilisSydney

This is perfect

Excellent small car. Great for travelling. Nice soundsystem. the Yaris was pretty well equipped with standard air-conditioning, an MP-compatible stereo with a CD player, remote central locking, power mirrors and window. the Yaris was pretty well equipped with standard air-conditioning, an MP-compatible stereo with a CD player, remote central locking, power mirrors and window. Overall it is great car.

Date PurchasedMar 2008

Mark

Marksydney

Cheap and reliable

Toyotas are always a good car to buy for their reliability however there are some things to note with the Yaris.

Very light car so it will tend to over accelerate at the start
Seats are very average - no support, just one large piece of foam
Low maintenance costs for sure

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Dhanesh

DhaneshSydney

Problem

i had my car running all good and all of a sudden i lost power steering on this car can some one help me out what could have gone wrong, i would appreciate if some one had a slimier problem or if i can get a expert advice of what to fix

Date PurchasedMar 2007

David W

David WPerth

Economical and reliable card

I've had it for over 5 years and it has been an excellent car. It is also my first.
Pro - reliable, cheap and economical to run and parts are cheap, light and plenty of space for the sedan, easier to drive
Cons- power is on the weaker side, easy to get dents

Date PurchasedApr 2009

never a disappointment after driving for more than 8 years

Illi

Illi

2005 3-door YRS

I bought this as my first car two years ago with just over 90k on the clock and it has been a fantastic little car. So easy to drive and cheap to maintain. It's been from Sydney to the Gold Coast and back a few times and was perfect. Everyone who drives it loves it. Definitely getting another Yaris when I'm ready for a new car.

mandyjane

mandyjaneAU

great little car!

I bought this 2006 manual yaris 3 door hatch in queensland with 230000km
For only $1000 unregistered. The only thing wrong was the roof was faded.
Got a roadworthy certificate and nothing was wrong with it. So registered same day.
I drove it everywhere in brisbane for a couple of months. Then decided to drive it all the way from brisbane to perth. Went perfect. Drove up to 160km per hour. Passed trucks with ease. Really tough little car. Easy to drive. Fit alot of luggage so plenty of space. Now iam in perth and six months later still no problems.
Love my yaris

ohauitird3

ohauitird3Perth, WA

terrible - will lose $3000 off resale due to paint peeliing, which is a well documented world wide p

Elmar Shar

Elmar SharSydney, NSW

Great little car.

elchriss0

elchriss0Melbourne

Reliable

Naomi

NaomiNewcastle

Awesome car, still going strong

I purchased a 2007 yr manual hatch in 2012 with 160000kms for $6000 as a temporary car as I couldn't afford to run my commodore anymore, now 3 years later its still going strong with 210000kms on the clock & I love it!!!! Very economical getting approx 600kms/40L fuel, heaps of storage compartments, very safe with abs brake assist driver & passenger airbags, all the cool stuff power windows electric power steering drive by wire mp3 compatible cd player full digital display. Excellent runaround car or first car, highly recommended!!!!

Engine Size1.3L
RID30

RID30penrith

Still reliable.

I purchased this car in 2007, 3 door, 1.5 ltr manual has not had any problems since Been every where, well almost.. Dubbo, Canberra and Agnes Water Queensland with no dramas. It's reliable as it gets.All i do is change oil and that's it. It's a fantastic car i would recommend it to any one looking for a small hatch back.
Reliable, suffecient engine power.
Boot is on the small side compare to others.

Engine Size1.5 vvti

gordoncCooroy, Queensland

Yes great car but...... Shame on you Toyota

Greg D
Greg D

What a stupid comment. 178,000kms and a part need replacing - what do you expect?
Probably was never serviced either.

Pawa
Pawa

Agreed with Greg D

Kymbolie
Kymbolie

I agree with you Gordonc, parts like this will be more required now that 2006 model is reaching this kilometerage.

evo8wrxowner

evo8wrxowner

My Wife's YRX 2007 Yaris

InaM

InaMasked

Hi I have a 08 Toyota Yaris RS 6 speed manual sometimes when I take off in 1st gear it makes a banging sound took it to a mechanic and he could not find a problem does anyone have any ideas?

Natalie

Natalieasked

Hi. I have a Toyota Yaris YRS 2007 4Door hatchback. The tail lights aren't working..even after changing the bulbs and fuse. When I turn the switch for front and rear lights... headlights are working and indicators and rear top single light is working.. Just the left and right while tail lights.. please help me!!

mallymuff
mallymuff

Hi Natalie, Although I'm no expert it sounds like your problem may be electrical. Just another suggestion, if you are a member of the RACV they have a technical department who can give you advice might be worth a try. sorry for your trouble.

edenasked

Advice on a 2007 toyota yaris that I am thinking of buying. Kilometers is sitting on 149000, price is $9000. Cars looks in good condition, is this a reasonable price or should I try to negotiate to have price dropped?

brian

That is a small car / what you could try is going to other online forums as well

eden

Sory forgot to mention, its a sedan. but thanks, ill look into it

brian

Or you could try comparing prices to other cars similar for sale in magazines or online sites such as gumtree Australia on the internet

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

CategoryCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
TransmissionAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol