TPG Broadband NBN

TPG Broadband NBN

NBN 50, NBN 12, NBN 100
2.0 from 1,425 reviews

• Adequate Speeds Yes (39%) · No (61%)

Bronko168

Bronko168Sydney, NSW

loss of telephone and internet service

service is good while its working but once you have problems their al nice about helping you but service is down the drain. they say they will help but it takes two to three days down the track and no one returns their call you have to ring them back to find out whats happening.

Jim

JimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Signed up with a false promise

We signed up with TPG because we were advised we would be connected the following Monday (we need internet ASAP) so we signed up, they took our money and then heard nothing from them on the Monday, called to find out what was happening to then find out that we are now not getting connected until the FOLLOWING Thursday, 10 DAYS later then promised. Furious.

Start DateMarch 2020

Poor service and misrepresentation

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Probably one of the worst services and even worst customer service,I will be cancelling our services.we Used nbn100 too

Terrible service worst connection and just awful customer service they’re all the same people
Handing you off thinking they’re slick but they’re just some Philippino chicks doing nothing all day fr

Start DateJanuary 2020

Sophie

SophieSydney, NSW

Troublefree internet

Have had TPG for a year now, never had an issue. It disconnected once, all I had to do was switch it off, wait for 30sec then switch it on again (like everything else electronic!). Customer service also excellent.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Man T.

Man T.South West, WA

24h tech support never answers..waiting 2hours and I gave up.

Their 24 hours technical support is absolutely rubbish.I called them at 6pm because of internet disconnection and put me on hold for 2hours, no answer and the phone has just hung up. 24 hours technician may not be actually exist. Do not waste your time.

Start DateJanuary 2016
TPGTPG

Hi Man, this is definitely not the kind of customer experience we provide and we’re sorry to hear that you have difficulties reaching our technical support.

You can visit our TPG Community @ community.tpg.com.au for online help.

Sam J

Sam JHunter Region, NSW

Rude staff and poor service

Start DateDecember 2017

Rickstar

Rickstar

Extremely slow

I got the TPG 50 and it is so slow, also email stopped working, which I have finally sorted out. Bought a Ferrari and got a Moped. This is slower than my old DODO ADSL. Should have stayed with them. Silly me

Carolyn B

Carolyn BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Biabolical service went to three departments, time on the phone 56 minutes! what a joke!

Called to see where the modem I order was. Was told it was sent to a completely different address in NSW. I live in VIC! Wanting a modem to be sent to the correct address, I had to speak to two different people and then be put on hold to speak to another person. After waiting 14 for the last hold I was placed on, I gave up. Total time TPG wasted 56 minutes and I got absolutely nowhere. PICK UP YOUR GAME TPG! what a disgrace. Hung up and chose another department to be told its a 50 minute wait!! If you want the life sucked out of you call these guys!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
TPGTPG

Worst customer service ever. Im taking business elsewhere and never coming back.

I spoke to someone named harold from billing 5 mins ago where he ended the call. He was rude, not helpful and hung up on me. I asked to be transfered to a manager after a lengthy conversation where i wanted to just pay my bill and he couldnt give me details because of verification issues but we were trying to find solutions where he was just trying to kick me off the phone. Ive worked for both telstra and optus call centers and never known such stubborn rudeness. And to top it off he hung up after I asked him for his employee ID number

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJanuary 2017

Haylz

HaylzHunter Region, NSW

Extremely slow.

Very slow. Always dropping out. Took money from my bank without authorization. Will be switching yo a new provider very soon. Just typing more words bow because it won't let me submit unless it went ober 30 word

Start DateAugust 2017
TPGTPG

Hi Haylz, we’re sorry to hear that you are leaving us but we would appreciate to have the opportunity to resolve your technical issue.

Please contact us @ community.tpg.com.au so we can fix your service as soon as possible.

Kevin Liao

Kevin LiaoMurray Region, NSW

Need to pay extra 30 day after cancelation

What ever you are in contract or not. They have a term or condition, 30 day notice. So after you switch service and you tell them, you still need to pay extra one month for nothing. Terrible.

Start DateSeptember 2018

Navneesh Garg

Navneesh GargSydney, NSW

Worst support and bug prone website

Called up customer support to change the plan. Took me 15 mins to explain what I need and once done she would not send me email confirmation of my new plan. That happened last time as well and my plan was not changed.

There website keep throwing "unexpected error" message when changing plan. Also keep logging out for every action.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Steve

SteveCanberra 2600, ACT

Ok internet but bad service

Terrible internet

the worst customer service. nbn is dropping out every 2 minutes. sent through the email about the problem and had been 2 weeks, still no response from them. if you are looking to get nbn, dont go with tpg

Start DateSeptember 2019
Contract Type12-month contract
Boban V.

Boban V.South East Queensland, QLD

NBN installation technician

The NBN technician doesn't want to run the cable through the roof . And we had to paid for a real technician from outside to get the job done.
They looking for easy money.

Standalone or BundledBundled

Both customer service and internet is crap

Been a tpg customer for so many years but their lack of customer service and internet quality is so bad . Hard to get disconnected as well . They are just after your money

Start DateAugust 2018

Terrible

Extremely slow.

It keep dropping out.
Very slow that even take 3 sec to open google.
I can't even open an image.

No sure how are other providers.
This service is not reliable at all.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Extremely dodgy when you cancel

I decided to swap over to MATE after great reviews and competitive price, and thought that the cancellation would be handled automatically like a mobile service. MATE sent through a churn request, so I believe there's no way TPG couldn't have known I had swapped, but they charged me for another month. I then tried to cancel the service through their website, and could not find a single bit of info or any links about cancelling, which doesn't seem right. I emailed them and said they require 30 days to cancel for 'security reasons' from when I let them know, which means I fall into another month of billing. So, a possible $120 for no service. This is what I get for being a loyal customer for 10 years. Avoid at all costs...

Start DateAugust 2019

Vic

VicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent Service

As a TPG customers who have been with them for many years I have always received excellent service. Recently moved from the 12 Mbps to the 50 Mbps. Was not happy with the speeds so contacted TPG. Within one week a technician has been to my house and provided me now with speeds from 35 to 43 Mbps up from the original speeds averaging 25 Mbps. This recent service has been like all the other times I have had to request help from them quick and efficient.

Start DateNovember 2011