Velogear

Velogear

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Fast processing fast shipping

My order was processed, shipped and arrived in Qld in excellent time and as ordered, at great prices.
I'm happy I purchased from Velogear.

Greg

GregVictoria

Good price and quick delivery

I've read some bad reviews for Velogear, but my experience was good. I ordered 4 tyres and 3 tubes on 23 December, and they were delivered on 29 December, all exactly as ordered. The order was over $99, so postage was free. Full marks Velogear.

Guest37

Guest37WOLLONGONG

Returns process poor

I had two issues:
Some of the items I ordered didn't fit even though I checked the size guide (not velogear's fault). They were happy enough to refund but they seemed to be very disorganised and couldn't get the refund figure correct
They also under-refunded me for items not in stock on another order
I have now received a refund which is close to what they owed me so I've cut my losses. I'm glad I didn't take a store credit. I won't bother shopping here again

Belrose Dave

Belrose Dave

Delivered, all good.

Andy

AndySydney, NSW

efficient and exact

OMG! I looked at the description of item to make sure I was getting the right thing, paid, then saw all the negative reviews. My stomach dropped. I was sure this was going to be a painful experience. NOTHING could have been futher from the truth. I have no idea what others are talking about. I sent an email and had a response within 20 mins. The rather large package arrived within 3 days. All this talk of dodgy business, fake objects, bad service.... I had none of this. from my experience, I'd use these guys again.

Fake Advertising

Claimed could supply broken light bracket for quoted part number. Sent a rear set, not a headlight set ,as needed.Now claim can only sell me the whole set new. GTFOH.

Worst online store I have ever dealt with

same terrible experience as others

I bought a pair of what were supposed to be "compression" bicycle shorts,what arrived was a pair of very cheap thin translucent baggy shorts. After paying $10 to send them back Velogear charged me another $7 to cover the cost of the initial postage as the rubbish they sent me was supposedly discounted. They went ahead with this even after I pointed out that the shorts were nothing like they were advertised.Not a reasonable response in my opinion, I don't intend to buy anything from them again as you cant trust their product descriptions and they have no interest in proper customer service.

mavtd

mavtdSydney Surrounds, NSW

Same experience as others (very slow postage, item not actually in stock)

Should've paid attention to all the negative reviews. Velogear are hopeless at actually getting your item to you.
Price is good however they may as well advertise as free as you will probably give up waiting for the item to arrive and get sick of their excuses for delay.....

ibenangel

ibenangelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dodgy Site

Long, long delivery time for the wrong part.

Customer service did everything they could to hinder a return and exchange.

Finally took a legal letter for them to accept return and exchange.

I wouldn't touch this bunch again (and the 5 star reviews here read like they're paid for planted comments).

William C.

William C.Sydney, NSW

Be careful with descriptions

I got duped by not reading the description
$2 for a single cable end, no mention in the title, and a picture displaying a whole lot of them.

Remember to read the description carefully.
Also the reviews on the site seem extremely biased.

DaleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't buy from this company

Ordered some jigsaw puzzles for the kids. They send 3 out of the 4 I ordered. One of them they didn't have and sent a cheaper product without asking. I'm still trying to get money for the item they didn't send.
Somehow all the reviews on their website are positive so they must be making these up. Stay away from this dodgy place.

Dale

An update. Apparently they can’t call me as they are not in the office. What a sham this place is.

Jackie

Jackie

Liars, take your money and don't deliver

The company falsely advertises their delivery/dispatch times and that they have items in stock when they don't. Currently in a PayPal dispute because they haven't dispatched my items. There response to my complaint is that they are slow because of Covid. Then they implied it's because they don't have the item I ordered in stock and they will let me know when they have dispatched my order. NO! That's my money you are spending while I wait indefinitely. Give me my money back and advertise on your website that your items are not in stock and you won't dispatch items for weeks, if at all, because of Covid excuses. Totally untrustworthy.

oz_consumer

oz_consumer

I was worried but they came through

Purchase Experiences over many years

I have purchased a considerable number of bicycle parts from Velogear over a significant period, including axles, bearing cups, pedals, chains, sprockets, forks, crank-set, spokes & nipples, brake cables. I have only experienced difficulty where I returned a incorrect 'picked' item', Zefal C02 inflator, because it was a lesser item for the high end item ordered. This item was returned and refunded, but I did pay the return postage. I have previously received a Izumi Race chain $130 in lieu of a $40 track chain but that was in my favor. I have found their inventory to be of the quality and range that suits my needs and value their product range. Delivery has been good!

Linda D.

Linda D.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Appalling Online Store. Shop Elsewhere!

If I could give zero stars, I would! Three items paid for and shipped relatively quickly. However, one item was missing and one was incorrect. Numerous unanswered phone calls and cryptic emails as to when the refund would be processed. After four weeks of back-and-forth emails from four different "I'm new & in training" Velogear representatives, they said I would have the refund processed by 06/07/2020 but that didn't happen. On 07/07/2020, I raised a dispute with PayPal and surprise, surprise... the refund was actioned within hours. I'm also out of pocket for the postage of having to return the incorrect item. I will never use this company (Velogear/Red Hot Agencies/MTBPlus), ever again and I suggest you avoid them at all costs!

Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

AVOID AT ALL COST

Red Hot Agencies Pty Ltd (velogear) and bicycle store have the exact same address as they are same company just different front. They did not have my purchased product in stock so offered alternative products for around same vlaue. I chose 3 products with same value but they decided to send only 1 of them and ripped me off. I paid $34 for azur top tube bag which other seller sell for $15. Worst case is ebay minimum wage filopino contact centre empoyees dont understand the issue. Case #:5232916387. Dont buy from bicycle store or velogear.

Scam or terrible! Either way don't use!

Scam. Do not use this online store. After a month of back and fourth regarding missing stock they completely stopped responding. Have not received any products and had to raise a claim through PayPal in order to retrieve my money.

Either the worst online bike shop in existence of a complete scam. Either way do not use them at any cost. Plenty of better stores available.

Amy1411

Amy1411South West, WA

Waited 2 months for bike trailer to arrive only to be told out of stock - pathetic and deceptive customer service

I ordered a bike trailer two months ago. Told three times over the ensuing weeks by the customer service agents it had ‘just been dispatched’ that day (!) but my requests to receive tracking info were ignored. Just told by amazon that order has been cancelled due to ‘customer refund’. Cue wasted time talking to my local post office trying to find out how it was returned. After contacting velogear YET AGAIN was told no stock until September so Refund had been processed. Such a waste of time and would have ordered locally if information had been given. Avoid this company at all costs.

Ric H

Ric HVictoria

Great Service from Velogear

I ordered cycling clothing from Velogear. It arrived in good time considering the AusPost is flat out right now. Unfortunately the cycling nicks didn’t fit. The return process was easy , communication great and the refund hit my account promptly.
What more do you want from an online store.

Gem550

Gem550asked

Do you have the Thule Wheel Holder Spare Parts Bag in stock please. It holds the bike wheel on the bike rail.

Keerthi D.

Keerthi D.asked

I placed an order No 400060028 Yesterday(12/07/20)...I gave numerous calls to ask them to keep the item so that I could come and pick it.No one answered and no return call. Since my mechanic is putting pressure on me to complete the bicycle ,today all the way from Cranbourne, I travelled to the store , see whether the item is there so that I could pick it.The sales person was so rude on me and almost chased me away and said since no delivery date is mentioned on the order , I have to wait until I get it and didn't want to indicate any time frame for receiving. Then another lady got involved and said , if the item gets delayed it is the fault of Australian post but not with-them. I again polity said , no fuzz , if you have the item , I could take it away.Rejected , refused and chased me away.... This is for the eyes of the management to take some action so that I could get my item as soon as possible. Thank you, I am Keerthi Dias Bandaranayake. and my contact number is 043 1182 632.

sugaradmin