Velogear

Velogear

2.7

Jackie

Jackie

Liars, take your money and don't deliver

The company falsely advertises their delivery/dispatch times and that they have items in stock when they don't. Currently in a PayPal dispute because they haven't dispatched my items. There response to my complaint is that they are slow because of Covid. Then they implied it's because they don't have the item I ordered in stock and they will let me know when they have dispatched my order. NO! That's my money you are spending while I wait indefinitely. Give me my money back and advertise on your website that your items are not in stock and you won't dispatch items for weeks, if at all, because of Covid excuses. Totally untrustworthy.

oz_consumer

oz_consumer

I was worried but they came through

Purchase Experiences over many years

I have purchased a considerable number of bicycle parts from Velogear over a significant period, including axles, bearing cups, pedals, chains, sprockets, forks, crank-set, spokes & nipples, brake cables. I have only experienced difficulty where I returned a incorrect 'picked' item', Zefal C02 inflator, because it was a lesser item for the high end item ordered. This item was returned and refunded, but I did pay the return postage. I have previously received a Izumi Race chain $130 in lieu of a $40 track chain but that was in my favor. I have found their inventory to be of the quality and range that suits my needs and value their product range. Delivery has been good!

Linda D.

Linda D.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Appalling Online Store. Shop Elsewhere!

If I could give zero stars, I would! Three items paid for and shipped relatively quickly. However, one item was missing and one was incorrect. Numerous unanswered phone calls and cryptic emails as to when the refund would be processed. After four weeks of back-and-forth emails from four different "I'm new & in training" Velogear representatives, they said I would have the refund processed by 06/07/2020 but that didn't happen. On 07/07/2020, I raised a dispute with PayPal and surprise, surprise... the refund was actioned within hours. I'm also out of pocket for the postage of having to return the incorrect item. I will never use this company (Velogear/Red Hot Agencies/MTBPlus), ever again and I suggest you avoid them at all costs!

ibenangel

ibenangelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slow shipment of wrong product - AVOID

Problem 1: Purchased items "in stock". Velogear took 2 weeks to dispatch the order. They emailed back a Covid excuse but really? 2 weeks? There's no reason a bike equipment supply co. shouldn't be working rotating shifts and making money right now.

Problem 2: Two sets of brake pads sent - one was the wrong type.

I won't be using Velogear again.

Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

AVOID AT ALL COST

Red Hot Agencies Pty Ltd (velogear) and bicycle store have the exact same address as they are same company just different front. They did not have my purchased product in stock so offered alternative products for around same vlaue. I chose 3 products with same value but they decided to send only 1 of them and ripped me off. I paid $34 for azur top tube bag which other seller sell for $15. Worst case is ebay minimum wage filopino contact centre empoyees dont understand the issue. Case #:5232916387. Dont buy from bicycle store or velogear.

Scam or terrible! Either way don't use!

Scam. Do not use this online store. After a month of back and fourth regarding missing stock they completely stopped responding. Have not received any products and had to raise a claim through PayPal in order to retrieve my money.

Either the worst online bike shop in existence of a complete scam. Either way do not use them at any cost. Plenty of better stores available.

Amy1411

Amy1411South West, WA

Waited 2 months for bike trailer to arrive only to be told out of stock - pathetic and deceptive customer service

I ordered a bike trailer two months ago. Told three times over the ensuing weeks by the customer service agents it had ‘just been dispatched’ that day (!) but my requests to receive tracking info were ignored. Just told by amazon that order has been cancelled due to ‘customer refund’. Cue wasted time talking to my local post office trying to find out how it was returned. After contacting velogear YET AGAIN was told no stock until September so Refund had been processed. Such a waste of time and would have ordered locally if information had been given. Avoid this company at all costs.

Ric H

Ric HVictoria

Great Service from Velogear

I ordered cycling clothing from Velogear. It arrived in good time considering the AusPost is flat out right now. Unfortunately the cycling nicks didn’t fit. The return process was easy , communication great and the refund hit my account promptly.
What more do you want from an online store.

Scott

ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Velogear have been absolutely fabulous to deal with and provided quick responses and very clear and thorough communication every step of the way through my purchase
Thanks to their team for all their effort

Walkingtall

WalkingtallRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Stay away!!!

Stay away from these people. I have absolutely no idea how they still do business! They even opened a second website called "bicyclestore.com" because Velogear was getting such a bad name. So beware! They are the same people! Horrific customer service! You've been warned. I've had issues with them via Ebay also! Thank god for Ebay and PayPal... never ever buy from these people! If you do, always, always buy from their Ebay listed items so you are protected and always use PayPal!!!

The LIMAR 325 Helmet i recently purchased is fantastic.

I have been dealing with Velogear for many years now and have always had good service from them,my orders always arrive in good time are well packed and in good condition. All the products i have purchased from them have been off good quality and given me good service.

mark

markQueensland

super slow delivery and no contact - try wiggle instead

we have been waiting for over 10 days now - tracking doesn't tell you anything and doesn't change - tried contacting them with no response - thought I would deal with someone in Australia - would have been so much quicker to order from wiggle out of the UK

KoffeeBean

KoffeeBeanAU

Save yourself the time and money and buy elsewhere!

an0n

an0nAU

Terrible.. v slow .. wrong item sent.. $800 down the drain.. uncontactable.. no resolution.. not pleasant to deal with.

medusa69r

medusa69rHunter Region, NSW

Appalling customer service and shipping...

Mickmike

MickmikeHunter Region, NSW

Excellent service

I ordered Rock N Roll chain lubricant on the Friday and the goods were received early the following week. Very pleased with the prompt delivery and the professional way that the order was handled. Excellent service.

Jeremy

JeremyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great helmet at excellent price

Picked up a couple of the Limar 325 Superlight helmets on clearance and free shipping.
The helmets are great quality, colourful and stylish look, and at an excellent price.
Thanks Velogear team!

Stacey W

Stacey WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great backpack, terrible customer service, poor turnaround

Bike helmet

I am so happy with my purchase, it is a great fit. And looks just like it did online.
The colour is just what I wanted and was reflected online as the same colour.

Gem550

Gem550asked

Do you have the Thule Wheel Holder Spare Parts Bag in stock please. It holds the bike wheel on the bike rail.

Keerthi D.

Keerthi D.asked

I placed an order No 400060028 Yesterday(12/07/20)...I gave numerous calls to ask them to keep the item so that I could come and pick it.No one answered and no return call. Since my mechanic is putting pressure on me to complete the bicycle ,today all the way from Cranbourne, I travelled to the store , see whether the item is there so that I could pick it.The sales person was so rude on me and almost chased me away and said since no delivery date is mentioned on the order , I have to wait until I get it and didn't want to indicate any time frame for receiving. Then another lady got involved and said , if the item gets delayed it is the fault of Australian post but not with-them. I again polity said , no fuzz , if you have the item , I could take it away.Rejected , refused and chased me away.... This is for the eyes of the management to take some action so that I could get my item as soon as possible. Thank you, I am Keerthi Dias Bandaranayake. and my contact number is 043 1182 632.

sugaradmin