Volkswagen Polo MK5.II 6R

Volkswagen Polo MK5.II 6R (2014-2017)

• Acceleration / Power
  • Comfort
Snowy

SnowySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bought a lemon

Purchased in September 2012 for $26,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort
cliff

cliffSouth East Queensland, QLD

great car

great handling, fuel economy and overall quality. Highly recommend to everyone. Drive the car everyday to work and weekends. Great sound system. I am a older driver and have had many cars in my life. Best car i have owned. Not the fastest car around but I gets you there in style. You want a race car go to the race track.

Purchased in November 2016 at Southport vw for $19,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort
Kerrie Mee

Kerrie Mee

Love my Polo

This is a power, fast, compact car. So easy to park, but heaps of space inside. It is quiet to run, very economical on fuel and only serviced once a year. I have had no trouble with my Polo and any queries / problems have been addressed immediately by the service centre. Highly recommend the VW Polo and the VW brand

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Brad

BradSale

Powerful Little Hatch

I bought this Polo at the start of 2017. Auto, comfortline Polo, and I was very surprised about the power and noise that comes out of this car. Quick off the line and low on fuel consumption. It has adaptive cruise control so the car basically drives itself on the highways. Would highly recommend

Annie

AnnieMelbourne

Great car

Purchased a new Comfortline Polo in October 2018 this year. Traded our 2014 Golf R wanting something more economical and less of a headache cost wise to service. I was a bit dubious at first but for a little car it has a bit of punch and we got it in the manual which makes it fun to drive. Easy to park, responsive, nice interior, doesn't seem as cramped as the older Polo generation/shapes and easy on the pocket. Overall happy with our purchase.

Engine Size1L
Date PurchasedOct 2018
AKW

AKWPerth

Great first car

Great first car for a student! Love the fact that it came with a touch screen, reverse parking assistance, blueetooth and Apple Carplay-which is sucha hassle-free thing (you can access spotify, directions, Siri to make calls, send messages). Economical fuel consumption too and smooth steering! No problems so far, easy parking!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Elly Tran

Elly TranPoint Cook VIC 3030

Best small car

I've been looking for a small car with 5 seaters, modern look, less petrol consumption, solid, easy to drive, cheap service. And yes it is, VW Polo which ticks all my checklists. I've been driving everyday without any problem. The car is very easy to handle but still solid and safe on any type of road. I drove much on freeway and city. It never disappointed me a second. Just only use $60 per fortnight for the petrol. Still have my baby comfortably at the back and enjoy my driving at the front !!!

Date PurchasedMar 2014
workingmum

workingmum

No digital speed display and rattles

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Fab

Fab

My Polo <3

I bought my first Polo 2 years ago and seriously to this day (touch wood), I had no issue with the car and it's extremely economical. I drive more than 400kms in a week and only use $35-$40 worth of fuel. I really recommend a vVolkswagen, whether it's a Polo or something else.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Federico

FedericoSutherland

Very nice car

I am very happy with this car, it is small does not consume much fuel and it is easy to drive. The interiors are nice, despite the fact that is the entry level of VW. With one liter of 94 petrol I can drive for approximately 18km which overall is not too bad

BadgeClassic
Doors3
Date PurchasedJun 2014

Terrible, very disappointed

When I stop car it jerks, when I take off from standing position car jerks. Feels like seats coming forwards. When I'm coming out of a parking space, car will go very slow, then suddenly shoots forwards. Dangerous. Is this normal for this model. My mechanic says it is. Very unsatisfactory.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
dinesh

dineshmelbourne

Good car !

Easy driving. Good for short haul drive. Fuel consumption is good too. Small and easy for 2 people commute. The car has many perks like bluetooth for mobile use, controls on the driving wheel which make it easy. Easy parking with reverse cameras. best price vehicle for the price. VW has a good name so I went with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Lindsay5710

Lindsay5710Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome small car!

Bought the POLO for my wife after HEAPS of research. The Polo came out tops so we took the plunge and bought new. Went for all options, Driver comfort package and very impressed. Love the once/year servicing ( every 10 months with the k's my wife does ). Fixed price servicing is good also. Very economical getting around 700 k's to the tank (around $40). One or two annoying rattles that should get sorted at next service. Now looking to upgrade to new model early this year.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Atara

AtaraSydney

Best car on the market and fuel efficient

This car is so smooth and quiet while driving.
I love how great the acceleration and breaks work with ease. It is no noisy at all and you barely hear the engine on.

The car is perfect size for city living and easy to park.

It fits a car seat comfortably and fits a small family. However would not suit ab obese family as space is quit small.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Chrissy

ChrissyMelbourne

Zippy car

Very good and responsive car. Used to drive a honda civic and this car has changed my driving experience. Great engine for the size of the car.
Could do with better speakers. You'll need to pump at least unleaded 95 but I find a full tank usually lasts me for 2 weeks and I drive around ~650km for work.

BadgeGTI
Date PurchasedJan 2015

RJames

RJamesMelbourne

Perfect city car

Excellent excellent excellent! After months of research I purchased this. The look and feel is top notch given the price range. Android auto works great for those long drives. The sports mode on the car is exceptional. Howver the best is the fuel usage..a full tank covers around 700 km

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Kasey

Kasey

Great car to drive

Rebecca

RebeccaGold Coast

Great little car

I purchased my polo in January this year and it has been a great little car so far, very small engine but when the turbo kicks in has more than enough power. Have had one fault with the A/C but once fixed under warranty hasn't been fine. It has the new Apple car play connectivity which I love, modern interior and super fuel efficient $59 to fill and I'm getting 2 weeks from a tank, very economical. One negative is the stop start engine feature, I turn this off every time I get in the car but that is just a personal preference. Overall very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great to drive. An absolute pain to own.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
davros
davros
Ming

MingBrisbane

Not bad ~

The driving experience was very good the interior is not bad, but couple of months later the car engine start to have a really really loud sound when going down the hill. I thought it is normal and didn't really pay attention. UNTIL one day i realized my garage had a full leakage of my coolant. I went and get my car serviced and my radiator was broken. i was told that i am just very unlucky and it cost be a fortune to get it fixed. other than that the car is very cost effective to fun.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Josh S

Josh Sasked

Polo MK5.II 6R (2014-2017)

Hi Im thinking of getting a 2018 VW polo trendline could anyone that has a history with this car give me their opinion?

Rick B
Rick B

I have the new 2018 comfortline and to be honest it looks great and drives great, however it has had many issues.
Car shut down once with 4 pages of fault codes, Aircon makes passenger seat vibrate. Random electric issues and rubbish stop start that cuts in way to early.
I also have a 2018 Golf which is much better.

cautious chickenasked

Polo MK5.II 6R (2014-2017)

I am tossing up between a 2014 (MY15) Polo 77 tsi Comfortline autp asking $15K and a 2014 (MY15.5) Polo 81 Tsi Comfortline auto (asking $16.5K), both about 24k kms, and both are slightly negotiable on price. I test drove both and both felt great (but I am not a mechanic or car expert). The 81 TSI is slightly better optioned, and 6 months newer. Does anyone have any experience of, or advice about which would be the better value, more reliable, least problematic? Most of the comments on this website seem to be negative about Polo and yet I have many friends who have had great experiences (maybe they don't bother commenting when they're happy with the car!)

RalphM
RalphM

Which car to choose is difficult to answer as often it comes down to personal choice such as color, options etc.provided both cars are in similar good condition.
I have not read anything that has been a major mechanical or other change in the Polo since I bought mine in DEC 2012. other than more features and/or options have been added such as blue-motion, updated sat nav etc. There are not many small cars that offers the comfort, power, economy and refinement of the polo. If you are still unsure which one to choose, then negotiate further until you get an amazing deal on one.

cautious chicken

Thanks for your input RalphM! As I'm discovering the used car market is quite a minefield.

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives