2Wattle Sofa

Wattle Sofa Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Penny C.
Penny C.

Hi there, just wondering how the surface goes standing up to pets and kids. Also I read that there will be a leather option available sometime soon, just wondering if that is still happening?

Bea J.
Bea J.

For all of those who have purchased this lounge I have a question.

My sister had a similar lounge many many years ago (different company). When you laid down on the lounge you could feel the edges of each seat as they are individual seats. Is it the same with this or is it undetectable? Thanks

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Bea, thanks for your question. When lying down on the sofa the joins between the seats are hardly noticeable and you can't feel the frame due to the high density foam used around the perimeter of the seat. The seats all lock together securely using our patent pending connection system which prevents the seats sliding forwards, backwards or outwards so you don't fall between seats. The sofa is very comfortable to lie down on. All of our sofas come with a 30 day trial so if you receive your sofa and decide its not quite right for you, there is no problem at all returning it. If you live in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne we offer free delivery and free returns. Thanks Bea and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Willis
Willis

Hi, does the protective coating change the texture of the fabric? Is it a trade off for better maintenance but less nice feeling texture?

Wattle Living   DM

Thanks for reaching out Willis. WattleShield is a next generation fabric protection mainly used in the apparel industry which retains the breathability and soft handle of the fabric. Thanks Willis and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Rosie
Rosie

Hi-weird question, but the back cushions seem to slant quite a bit back. Most sofas I’ve owned have more upright cushions (which I have liked). I read some reviews where alternative brackets were used to reposition the back cushions. Is this a possibility and how might the angle of tilt change? Thanks so much.

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Rosie, thanks for reaching out. Yes we can adjust the back angle if you prefer to sit in a more upright position. 99% of our customers are very happy with the comfort and back angle but if you receive the sofa and find during the 30 day trial that you would like to sit in a more upright position, just let us know and we'll swap the brackets for a new set. Thanks Rosie and please let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.

Julie D.
Julie D.

How is the seat height for tall people? It's quite low compared to other sofas. Also, how comfortable/ supportive is it for people with back problems?

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Julie, thanks for reaching out, it's Ryan here. The seat height is 40cm from the floor to the front of the seat and 45cm from the floor to the middle of the seat as the seats have a convex shape on top. The seats are soft yet supportive so you don't end up sinking through the cushioning and feel like you're sitting on the floor. The seat height works really well for tall people. The back cushion offers great support due to internal suspension system, foam core and built in lumbar support. Please find three reviews below that mention the back cushion support. Thanks Julie and please let me know if you have any other questions. https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/a28a7a1e-31f1-5183-80f5-4c2cdb1fbbdf

St Kilda
St Kilda

Yes we are all over 6ft & its comfortable!

Nick D.
Nick D.

I note that the website says the depth of the seat is 64/68. Can anyone tell me exactly what the measurement refers to.... ie is it full depth of lounge or is it from where the back rest ends to the edge?

2nd Q - is it heavy. ie if people are sitting on the floor leaning against it does it move or stay in place (assuming its not against a wall!).

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Nick, thanks for your question. The seat depth measurement (64/68cm) refers to the distance from the front of the seat to the front of the back cushion. The seat depth can be adjusted and can be either 64cm or 68cm. The overall depth of the 3 seat sofa is 94cm (64 cm seat depth) or 98cm (68cm seat depth). In regards to the weight, each seat weighs 17kg and an arm/back weighs 7.5kg. All of the modules lock securely together using our patent-pending connection system which prevents the modules separating or sliding forwards/backwards. Please click on the link to see a video of the sofa being assembled, you'll see the joining brackets being inserted. external link The sofa is stable and doesn't slide around. Thanks Nick and please let me know if you have any other questions

Emily
Emily

Hi, do the pieces lock together with brackets when configured as a lounge? Or do they just sit next to each other without being secured? Thanks.

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Emily, thanks for reaching out. Yes all the modules lock together securely using our patent pending connection system. Each seat is connected to another seat with x2 steel self locking brackets. Please click on the below link to watch an assembly video of the sofa which shows the joining brackets being inserted. Thanks Emily and please let us know if you have any other questions external link

Charlie
Charlie

Yes they lock together with a metal bar. Each piece has holes on all 4 sides that attached either another couch module or the seat back or side. They lock in and I've not experienced any movement.

Leoni
Leoni

Yes, each seat has two strong metal bars that connect them.

Al C
Al C

Looking at the option to turn this into a Sofa Bed...anyone slept on this for a couple of nights? How is it to sleep on?

Marc E.
Marc E.

I've slept on it a few nights. The sleeping surface is obviously not perfectly even, at least not without some sort of topper.
In terms of the quality of sleep I had though, it was pretty good and I woke up feeling just about the same as if I'd slept in my actual bed.

Paul S.
Paul S.

Hi there, how are the covers attached? How well do they attach? I am worried the cover might come loose after some wear. Thanks!

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Paul, thank you for your question. The arm/back covers are held in place with a zipper, the arm/back covers slip on and then zip closed on the underside of the cushion. The seat covers are held securely in place with 38mm Velcro which fastens to the underside of the seat on all sides. Both covers are firmly attached and don't come off unless they are unzipped or unfastened. Thanks Paul, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Nicole
Nicole

Hi Paul, I’ve been enjoying my wattle sofas for several months now and I will say I’m super impressed with how well the covers are attached. There’s been zero movement. They look just as good as the day I assembled them.

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Nicole, thank you for responding to Paul's question, I really appreciate it. I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying you sofa :)

Noonya

Hi is this couch still available?

Yea to vic?

Wattle Living   DM

Hi Noonya, thanks for getting in touch. Yes our sofa is available for delivery to Victoria. If you live in the Melbourne metro area we offer free shipping on all sofas. If you live outside of Melbourne please email us at support@wattleliving.com and let us know the sofa size you're interested, your delivery suburb and postcode and we'll organise a quote. Thanks Nooya

Yes Melbourne area city Melbourne

MD
MD

Hi, is delivery to Vic available yet?

Wattle Living   DM

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We can ship to VIC via courier but we do charge for this. If you're interested, please email us at support@wattleliving.com and let us know your shipping address and the sofa you're interested in and we'll arrange a quote. Thanks MD

Wattle Living   DM

Hi MD, we're now offering free delivery to the Melbourne metro area :)

Get an answer from our members and Wattle Living representatives