Weber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Weber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

MPNs: 50010224 and 50060224

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (33) · No (1)
  • Safety

Unreliable & dangerous.

Our weber goes out all the time... several times in a row. Gas continues to flow under lid.. dangerous if we hit the ignition button!
Purchased in 2018 for $ 329 dollars.

Purchased in April 2018 at Wangaratta for A$329.00.

Even Heat DistributionNo
Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Long live the Baby Q

Purchased in October 2007 for A$320.00.

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Love it

Perfect for my camper trailer. It sits well on the slide area and connects to the gas already in the trailer. Grill is easy to clean. Perfect for roast and for steaks/hamburgers

Would recommend

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$349.00.

Ash

AshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Versatile bbq, portable for picnics

Such a great addition to our home! We like to cook juicy steaks, whole roasts, pizza on a stone, amazing bbq chicken and stock standard bbq meat. Haven't had a single issue with the bbq and we are super happy with the build quality.
Cleaning isn't too bad, a quick scrape once it's heated up; every few months a "deep" clean with a bit of hot water and elbow grease.
We plan to get a full size Webber q for our outdoor kitchen and keep the baby q for camping and picnic lunches... can't wait!

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for A$300.00.

Tara Nolan

Tara NolanDarling Downs, QLD

Our First Weber!

We purchased a baby Weber for our caravan - but it's become a staple in our home too.

It's a great size (we have the Duffle bag for storage and well as the half hotplate). It's easy to clean and heats up quickly and evenly.

My husband also cooks our homemade scones in the weber. Wish we got one sooner!

Initially we also bought the Weber branded convection alfoil trays - however Now I just get the cheapo ones from the grocery store and they do just as well.

Purchased in November 2019 at BCF Online Store for A$377.00.

Saurabh Kohli

Saurabh KohliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing!

We bought a Weber Baby Q Standard from. It is really easy to clean, and it it is very convenient. It really does cook the veggies quite quickly and well. Overall, I really do recommend the Weber.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$320.00.

Leen

LeenSydney, NSW

Works well and excellent purchase

Wanted a small bbq for occasional grilling and it works perfectly. Bought the weber cart as the table. Easy to use and easy to clean. Even bought the cover to protect it from the rain and dust.

Purchased in December 2019.

TimBurgie

TimBurgieBiloela

Compact, great cooking, not disappointed

Purchased at BCF for A$299.00.

Sabrina

Sabrina

Amazing Little BBQ

I love our Weber Baby Q. We opted for the smaller version and it's excellent for camping and roasts. We've done two roasts now that have been delicious and it's portable enough that next time we go camping we're going to bring it.

The high quality BBQ plates and cover clean really well. We put a little bit of baking soda and it wiped clean. We've also bought the trivet which is a must for roasting and that cleaned up perfectly in the dishwasher.

We always have ours covered when cooking and then put away in its carry bag so unsure how it would go out in the weather but it feels super premium so I suspect as good as any other BBQ.

This won't be replacing our big BBQ but for small steaks and roasts it's our go to!

Purchased in December 2019.

Edwin

Edwin

My first bbq furnace

Bought the Weber Baby q for my balcony and even outing use which is quite easy to take with. I buy this one because friend recommended and myself also checked product review rating. It is easy to use and temperature stable. It is potable bbq so I have to prepare a rack for it. The original rack is way to expensive. Generally I am happy with this bbq and what it performs in future.

Purchased in April 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$305.10.

Jase gonebush

Jase gonebush Far North Queensland, QLD

Cooks the roast and the cakes out camping

What a little ripper.
I can cook chicken Kiev, steak, bacon n eggs, chips, pizza, my world famous roast lamb and follow it up with cake... a must have for outdoor kitchen campers like me.. she is light and easy to clean. Only mods I done was put a temp gauge in and a locking support so it don't move on the bench and I cut a cooling rack in half from Coles and it keeps the roasing dish off the hot plate.
Bloody love it.

• +6

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Sally

SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

love it

We love our little weber so much, in fact we hardly even use our big bbq these days as we love our weber. We purchased the stand too its great for picnics and the food tastes amazing.

Purchased in March 2018 for A$300.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Fantastic to hear Sally, thanks for your review!

Mr Mike

Mr MikePerth

Great portable BBQ

Have had the baby Q for a few years now, bought it as a replacement for my stainless boat BBQ which was honstly useless. Highly recommended them. From roasts to frying with the optional pans it's great!

Purchased in July 2010 at Barbeques Galore for A$300.00.

Jacqui C.

Jacqui C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So portable, so easy to use!

This bbq is so light and portable, easily cooks a whole pack of sausages, perfect for small houses and camping. It's very easy to clean and a great price point.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$300.00.

Tracy T

Tracy TSouthwest, VIC

Delicious!!

Best steaks and very easy to clean and then pack it up and store it away, great for camping we have ours in the van, it's good value, love it.

Purchased in December 2019 at BFC for A$300.00.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great bbq

Very happy can cook anything very good and very easy to clean
As I only have a small hatchback car it’s very light and fits in the boot great for camping and day trips

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

"Portability"

I know that Weber Baby Q requires a 4.5kg to 9kg gas cylinder. However, is it still possible for me to use one that is smaller than 4.5kg? For portability, I would think a smaller gas cylinder is more appropriate. For example Bunnings only sells gas cylinders weighing 3.7kg and 8.5kg. I am a bit disappointed that I need to buy a heavier gas cylinder as this compromises the portability of the Weber Baby Q.

Emma

Emma

Excellent bbq

Roasts just taste amazing on this bbq - far superior to being cooked in the oven. Bacon is amazing and even tastes great cold (much better than cold after being cooked in a frying pan). This size is perfect for camping for our family of 4. Convenient, easy to use. Love our Weber.

Purchased in December 2019 at BCF for A$309.00.

JohnBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware: Plastic frames melt

I have owned 2 of these Webers now (one familyQ and one BabyQ) , they are a good BBQ other than the dangerous fault of the steel frame melting the plastic stands when roasting. This has happened to me twice now, yesterday being the latest incident. Its a bad fault for an expensive BBQ so they need to built with a steel stand. Contacted company and hoping for a full refund on both BBQ's...but won't hold my breath.

• +2
Ben

BenHunter Region, NSW

perfect for steak

Our family loves our Weber Q, we use it at least a few times a week in summer. It truly is a gem and it so handy. It is so much easier to use then any other BBQ we have had before, just make sure you regularly keep it clean

Purchased in September 2018 at Amazon for A$500.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're so glad you're loving your Weber product.

Raz B.asked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Hi... can I use a portable gas canister e.g. 1lb Coleman Propane Gas canister or BernzOmatic Propane Canister 468g on my Weber Q1000?

1. Is it safe to use?
2. Do I need any special adapters or just screw in and fire up?

Cheers,

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Raz, the only approved gas bottles for the Q range are 4.5kg-9kg LPG bottles- all others are not approved for use under AGA regulations.

Peter I.
Peter I.

Hi Raz B, I bought the CGA600 fitting from the US on Ebay, costs about $100 landed here and fantastic to make the BabyQ portable. We get Three to Four days cooking per bottle and really cheap if you refill. Weber in AUS will not sell it but it is how they are sold in the US and safe. Companion use the bottles as do others. :)

Raz B.

Brilliant - Thanks Peter... appreciate the heads up! Take care...

Hakan O.

Hakan O.asked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Hi, I just bought a Baby Q 1200 and the manual says I shouldn't use a gas bottle less than 4.5kgs..
I live in New Zealand and our gas bottle options in here are 2kgs, 3kgs, 4kgs and 9kgs or more... I was going to get a 4kgs one as I want it to be portable. But if I fallow your manual I will have to get to 9kgs one... Just wondering is 4kgs will be safe/efficient to use. Thanks
Hakan

Raz B.

Hakan... you can use the 4kg bottle. I used it on a previous portable bbq and will be using on my Q. Happy BBQ'ing.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Hakan, yes the 4kg one is suitable. We provide those sizes in the manual so you can get an accurate amount of cooking hours from one bottle.

Lynnasked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

We have just been given a Weber Q1000 can you only use the portable stand. We still hove our 9kg bottle from our other Weber BBQ (which was big and beautiful but not for un it living) Can this be used with our baby Q

Raz B.

The 9kg bottle can definitely be used for a Q1000 Lynn. Unless your question relates to the stand?

Lynn

Thank you - yes it did relate to the stand but we have since found out that the Baby Q1000 can only go on the potable stand.
We do have our 9kg gas bottle hooked up and it does sit under bbq on the stand but just not good for transporting.
Love our new BBQ

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Lynn, I can see that you've found a conclusion- the Baby Q range is only suitable for the portable cart, not the patio cart. The 9kg bottle will still work :)

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Compare all 4 Weber Baby Q Series