Weber Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Weber Q Premium (Q2200AU)

4.6 from 122 reviews · View Details

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

There’s nothing quite like an Aussie summer barbie, and a gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But do you know whether you want a portable bbq or a freestanding model? Would you prefer an LPG gas bottle or natural gas? This buying guide is here to help answer all your burning questions.

Read now

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (18) · No (0)
  • Safety

Amazing BBQ, even after 5 years!

Had an issue with my lid and it was replaced without question!!! These guys absolutely rock. Never had such amazing customer service and the product simple speaks for itself! Epic

Purchased in October 2015.

Employer

Employer

Genesis bbq

Can't understand why anyone would buy a cheaper, inferior bbq.
I bought my Genesis 10 years ago. Works perfectly, and whenever there is a minor problem, Weber fix it at no cost with no fuss.
Would buy another one again in a heartbeat.

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Second Webber now and still great bbqs

This is my second Webber Q. While my old one only had a single grill plate this new one has two half plates which makes it easy to swap one side for a solid plate and the other a grill.

Essential to buy a trivet trust me as it lets you then use the BBq as an oven.

Cool times are fast and food always flavoursome while remaining efficient on gas.

Cleaning can be a bit difficult and fat trays are intentionally made a weird size to make you buy the over priced ones from Webber.

Purchased in December 2019 at Blue sky outdoor experts for A$480.00.

Best BBQ!

We love our Webber. We got given it as a house warming gift and we use it for nearly all our meat. Cooks even and relatively quick! Easy to clean. Would recommend.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$499.00.

Mark B.

Mark B.South East Queensland, QLD

Best BBQ we have ever owned

This would have to be the best BBQ we have ever owned - we literally use it almost every day for everything, From grilling to baking, it does an extremely nice job of everything. Definitely worth paying the extra for the Premium model with the temp gauge on it.

Purchased for A$648.00.

EFP

EFP

Best steak!

Best steak I’ve ever had cooked on a home bbq! Can’t wait to see what else we can cook on it - excited for pizza and roasts! Very glad to purchase the premium version.

Melanie and Domenic

Melanie and DomenicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best thing I’ve ever brought

I love my Webber, I purchased the red and love the taste of meat when it’s cooked in the Webber, I found I use it almost every night, it also makes a quick dinner after work!

Purchased in December 2019 at Outdoor Designer Living for A$788.00.

Jon H.

Jon H.Southeast, SA

Just simply amazing and great customer service

The Webber I’ve got is now over 7 years old and still functions like new and we use it as our oven for our house. A while ago the battery exploded in the ignition and Webber sent out a new one and received it the next day.

It’s been a pleasure and looking at getting a bigger one as our family is out growing the smaller one now. Definitely would recommend

Purchased in February 2012 for A$450.00.

Jf1990

Jf1990South East Queensland, QLD

You need one!

Excellent, we have had ours over 5 years and never missed a beat, makes a delicious meal even for someone like myself which burns everything.
Highly suggest buying the hot plate too as it fits perfectly with the BBQ wouldnt live without our Weber

Purchased in December 2014 for A$430.00.

Do not buy from Weber BBQ grills online. It is a SCAM site

Do not buy from Weber BBQ grills online. It is a SCAM site. I have rung Weber customer care and they have reported it. I have also called NSW Fair Trading

Purchased in October 2019 for A$261.00.

Jenny
Jenny

Hope you are doing something from your end to shut them down. They have ripped off all Weber images and your logo and according to fairtrading others have been caught out too

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

great value for money

Purchased it 2 years ago, and it still looks new. Heat distribution is good, quality of the grill is amazing. So far has 0 rust and cleanse easy. I would recommend to add a native pressure adapter to see gas level, but the rest cannot complaint.

Purchased in January 2018 at Gas showroom for A$350.00.

Benny H.

Benny H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Efficient fast awesome!!!

Love this thing use it all the time now. Doesnt use much gas, cooks fast and easy to clean. I thought it was too small to start with but its perfect for our family and easy enough to take camping. You ll be surprised at the smoke this creates under the lid gives a new dimension to bbq

Purchased in April 2018 at Barbeques Galore for A$640.00.

Hayden T.

Hayden T.Illawarra, NSW

Great BBQ

Barbecue cooks well but it does take some getting used to the style. You need to cook with the lid down to circulate the heat unlike standard ones. Get the version with thermometer if you're gunna cook roasts. If just doing steaks and snags I'd go for one where you can turn on half of the plate. The burner is circular on this model so you are unable to

Purchased in August 2016 at Mitre 10 for A$400.00.

Ian M.

Ian M.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Great bbq had 4 years now.

Mum won at R S L raffle pick the webber Q great for two people use it all the time breakfast , lunch Tea great on gas easy to clean. Easy to use.

Purchased in March 2017.

Stephen

StephenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very happy, can't complain

I'm very happy with this easy to use and versatile BBQ. It is very easy to keep clean rather durable for a BBQ that lives outside. I would recommend to family and friends

Purchased in February 2017 at Kangaroo Tent City & BBQ's for A$450.00.

Rikki R.

Rikki R.Southern and Hills, SA

Looked good

Well I did buy but no sooner than I got it home had a devostating house fire that reduces my poor Webber q into a puddle of molten alloy. But from what I could tell appears of a quality build and design

Purchased in May 2019 at David Jones for A$550.00.

Jason W.

Jason W.

Cooks great

BBQ cooks great, very versatile. Slow cook, fast cook makes no difference. Heat control is good and solid. A little disappointed with the grills, having to replace the once. However weber replaced them for free after a phonecall and a couple of pics.

Purchased in October 2012.

Rob

RobPB

Love our Weber Q. We purchased it around 15 years ago and it is still going strong and in excellent condition, unlike previous stainless steel bbq’s which barely lasted and were difficult to clean. We do keep it undercover. It’s a breeze to clean and Cooks food well.

Purchased in May 2005.

Salman

SalmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beautiful looking and performing barbecue

We love our Weber Q. We bought it from a Weber dealer along with a trolley and Weber tools. Ours has the temperature gauge.

It heats fast, cooks great and uniform, fires up at a touch of the igniter button and is super easy to clean. The red colour is beautiful and looks nice in our garden. The Weber accessories are of high quality and generally good value.

We find it is super economical in how it uses gas and is so easy to clean and move around compared to those huge unwieldy stainless steel four burner barbecues that everyone has.

We love everything about it except for the flimsiness of the side tables that pop out. They are too bendy and virtually useless for anything over 500g.

Purchased in December 2018 at Ellis Outdoor Living, Nunawading for A$800.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad you love your Weber barbecue.

Tripple T.

Tripple T.South East Queensland, QLD

Steak cooked perfectly everytime

I mostly do steak, occasionally try seafood and chicken wing, the steak smell terrific and taste just as good.
I originally wanted the baby to go camping but the sales guy convinced me to get the standard Q. It is too bulky to travel, however it is easier to cook for a group of people.
The grill plates weight a ton make it a bit hard to clean, should have stuck to the Baby Q.
The size may be the reason why it takes a while to preheat to the recommended cooking method.

Purchased in September 2016.

Peter-John

Peter-Johnasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

I have a Weber Q 2440 electric grill. It did not have the table flaps so I bought these from Weber as an optional extra. I installed them as instructed, but they do not fit under the lid, as indicated. The lid catches the flaps and doesn't sit flat. I was told that they would fit under the lid when stored, and watched a demo on Youtube. Is there an adjustment I need to make?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Peter, we answered your previous question- best to get in touch with customer service to make sure that the barbecue you have is compatible with the side tables.
If you purchased the side tables in Australia, then we don't sell the model Q you've got here, which may be why you're having some troubles.

9400newbie

9400newbieasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Hi, I'm interested to know if there is a massive difference between the Q2000 vs Q2200 models. We have natural gas and a bayonet on our deck, but I'm hoping to get a model that can be portable ie. take to picnics, camping, beach etc. Any advice on portability issue as I found this on the weber website "Works with mains gas plumbed to the house and connects via bayonet fitting - Does not work with bottled gas of any type."

KGro
KGro

they aren't interchangeable if you want a portable BBQ then you will need to go LPG and forgo natural gas. The main difference between the 2000 and 2200 is the ignition type and I think the hood is taller on the 2200. Sure you can take this camping etc though it's quite heavy due to the weight of the grates. Both models come in LPG & natural gas types.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, KGro ^ is correct- if you're looking for portability, then LPG is the better suited gas type. Natural Gas barbecues are designed to be plugged into the wall and not really moved all that much.

Both the 2000 and the Q2200 come in LPG or NG versions, so you can find a gas option that suits you best in either model.

Cat

Catasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Good Morning, I would like to replace our plate for our Q220 but I am not sure of the grill plate size - Thank you. We love our Weber it has been half way around Australia with us.

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives