Westinghouse 605L French Door

3.2

• Internal Layout

3 years old and operates well, apart from the door handles.

Door handle broke off. This shouldn't be an issue because of the small cheap part that is held in by one screw, but Westinghouse (Electrolux) will only sell the complete door handle assemblies for all 3 handles as one kit for $240. This is disgusting. If they are all faulty, then they should be replaced free!

UPDATE - 20/05/2020 Electrolux done the right thing and said they will replace the door handles for free. Great customer service

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys for A$1,900.00.

Handle Issue

We've had the fridge/freezer for a year and a half and seems to work OK.
But today my wife opened the freezer and the handle snapped off.
I've looked at the spare parts and it costs $250 to replace; have to buy 3 new handles to replace a little 50 cent piece of plastic that attaches the handle to the door.
What a rip off.

Worst

Bought this fridge 2 months before in Harvey Norman. Suddenly stopped working. More than $ 200 worth groceries thrown into bin. Very worst customer service. Not so easy to get the connection to customer service. They sent a service person after 4 days after receiving compliant. He found the problem in control board. But he does not bring it with him. Again he asks a week to get it ordered and get fixed. Ridiculous service. Very disappointed with westing house. No more Westinghouse in my home.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 605L French Door compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Janelle B

Janelle BSydney, NSW

Excellent upgrade for our family

Easy to clean on the outside and the inside, this fridge is great for our family of 5. Having the wide shelves means platters can be easily stored. The water dispenser is excellent for children to help themselves and it has a good close off action so no spills. Ice maker is very good too.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)
David Taylor

David TaylorHunter Region, NSW

great fridge, but freezer is too small

Excellent fridge, plenty of room and works well. The ice and water is great. Note, the water is cool, but not chilled. Ther water temp was fine with us though. The freezer compartments are too small, which is a shame as it works well.

Purchased in April 2019 at Domayne NSW for A$1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)
Jeff L

Jeff LLake Macquarie

A fantastic refrigerator

Easy to operate always maintains a reliable temperature in all compartments. The icemaking and filtered water features are excellent and often used accessories which work well. The French doors open and close with ease allowing access to every shelf. This fridge meets all our expectations.

Purchased in December 2018 at Winning Appliances for A$1,830.00.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Water in my crisper

Firstly have always bought Westinghouse products ... love my new fridge BUT I feel there is a problem , the vegetable crispers seem to have a lot of moisture if fact too much moisture . I am not happy with this I have adjusted temperatures etc... I have been told this is normal. I don’t thinks so

Purchased in August 2018.

Household Size 5 person(s)
JAI

JAISydney, NSW

Very Disappointing

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,920.00.

Household Size 4 person(s)

Warm Fridge but Freezer good.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Dent on fridge by light hit of plastic item

A dent appeared on my new fridge just by light hit of plastic item.Very disappointed is fridge very delicate? need assistance from customer care to rectify this dent.Hope this gets rectified.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$2,050.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)
MCO

MCOSydney, NSW

Poor quality extremely disappointing product

Purchased in October 2018.

Gardid48

Gardid48Mid North Coast, NSW

Easy to keep clean and looks great

Works well looks good easy to adjust setting and ice maker is brilliant and like the facility to turn ice maker on and off also love the cold filtered water and holiday functions plenty of storage and shelving

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,900.00.

John B

John BPerth, WA

2 weeks old and fridge area was warm this morning

2 weeks old and fridge area was warm this morning.
Lost our perishables, 5 hours later and still getting warmer, freezer seems to be ok at moment,
Not impressed, taking forever to get onto someone.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,300.00.

CHRISBYLES

CHRISBYLESMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware the warm water!

Installed the fridge. We have two teenage boys that love their chilled water, so the pressure was on to connect the water quick. What an absolute let down. Warm water! I checked the plumbing at rear of fridge. It stays outside the fridge, then into the filter and out dispenser, No cooling unit! What fool designed a fridge with a water dispenser that doesn't cool the water! Not to mention misleading advertising. " chilled, filtered water". We want our money back or another fridge that does what is advertised! The ACCC and Consumer Affairs take a very dim view to misleading advertising.

Purchased in February 2019.

Only 11 months old and about 8 visits from repair man

Have had so many problems from first day New fan Baffle stuck so couldn’t work handle replacements now freezer has icicles on the drawers and hard to open wonder if I have a lemon? Like the look of the fridge but worry if it is going to pack up and I will loose all my food

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Claudia

ClaudiaPerth, WA

Very happy with my choice.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
dlembelton flooring

dlembelton flooring

Terrible product... way too expensive. Absolutely hate it

Date PurchasedJan 2019
cath

cathdenman

Happy with our purchase

An easy to use fridge. Things are easy to see and interior is easy to clean. The fridge is quiet and is keeping things fresh and at correct temperature. My last fridge was a Westinghouse and lasted 12 years and I am hoping that this does the same.Freezer section is easy to access with sturdy drawers. Stainless steel outer doesn't show every fingerprint. We are still getting used to to two door set up opening the right first.I advise most used items stored on that side so you don't have to open both doors conserving energy hopefully. Good energy rating. Happy with my purchase at this point.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
rowdy

rowdySydney, NSW

Nice Fridge

We recently purchased the Westinghouse WHE6060SA 605L French Door Fridge because it fitted easily in to the hole in our kitchen as it was one of only a few that would.
But to my surprise this seems to be a really nice refrigerator with a good layout and my only small complaint would be there is no light in the freezer.
I do like the chilled water on the door and auto ice cubes in the freezer.
The temperature seems stable so far in both the freezer and fridge compartments.
The french doors open easily but the freezer does need a little effort as it is a drawer but the freezer drawers are really useful and store a lot of goods.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kaycee

KayceePortland

Beautiful fridge. Perfect size

We’ve recently renovated our kitchen and purchased this fridge to match in with everything new. It’s a beautiful fridge with the perfect amount of space for us. The shelves are easy to adjust and I love the large freezer space and the three separate compartments that the freezer includes. Very happy that we bought the chilled water option. We use it all the time.

Date PurchasedNov 2017