Westinghouse WHE6000SA / WHE6060SA (605L, French Door)

Westinghouse WHE6000SA / WHE6060SA (605L, French Door)

WHE6000SA and WHE6060SA (Water Dispenser)

A fantastic refrigerator

Easy to operate always maintains a reliable temperature in all compartments. The icemaking and filtered water features are excellent and often used accessories which work well. The French doors open and close with ease allowing access to every shelf. This fridge meets all our expectations.

Purchased in December 2018 at Winning Appliances for $1,830.00.

Water in my crisper

Firstly have always bought Westinghouse products ... love my new fridge BUT I feel there is a problem , the vegetable crispers seem to have a lot of moisture if fact too much moisture . I am not happy with this I have adjusted temperatures etc... I have been told this is normal. I don’t thinks so

Purchased in August 2018.

Household Size 5 person(s)

Very Disappointing

We have always purchased Westinghouse appliance but we are left very disappointed with the latest french door refrigerator whe6000sa-d. The first fridge was delivered and it had a dent on the door so we had to wait another two days for another fridge to be delivered. The fridge part does not seem to cool below 8 degrees regardless of what temperature we set it to so who knows how it will cool in summer..? The freezer works fine but this "New" fridge is so much nosier than our old fridge i am starting to wonder if this second fridge is faulty...? Doors and handles are clunky and of poor quality. Westinghouse quality is gone but price is still at a premium. ($2,000 fridge) Our daughter purchased a Samsung the same day and it works perfectly, is of much better quality and was $700 cheaper..!! (I regret not researching this fridge before we purchased it but i thought Westinghouse was a safe bet; sadly its not and the mixed reviews here confirm the same) I would not recommend a Westinghouse fridge, i would recommend looking at some of the other brand names that seem to be of much higher quality.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,920.00.

Household Size 4 person(s)

Warm Fridge but Freezer good.

Our family has bought Westinghouse for many generations. Out of the packaging this WQE6000SA we have a major problem in that fridge part does not cool. The freezer is working. The fridge is cooled by the same source as is the freezer but uses a fan and a stepper motor modulating valve and a temp sensor in conjunction with a controller to regulate the temperature. Called the Westinghouse service guy and he is a nice guy but was unable to get onto the online diagnostics for Westinghouse as it was unavailable. He has ordered all four components for replacement and said they would be at least a couple of weeks away.
I had to go buy another bar fridge (Hisense that works well) so we had something to keep perishables as we lost approx $200 of food already.
We will see what happens and see if the legendary reliability and support that Westinghouse was known for delivers....

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Household Size 4 person(s)
Hi Neil Denise from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with fridge If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Denise ticket 904248 Thanks Denise

Dent on fridge by light hit of plastic item

A dent appeared on my new fridge just by light hit of plastic item.Very disappointed is fridge very delicate? need assistance from customer care to rectify this dent.Hope this gets rectified.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,050.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Poor quality extremely disappointing product

I have experience a cracked lining on the apron area of my fridge. It may have been as a result of a dropped product albeit I don't remember doing it. Upon inspection the lining of the fridge is so thin that it would not be able to withstand any impact whatsoever. I have always cared for my white goods in a fastidious manner and for this to occur annoys me. This product is clearly unable to withstand a reasonable amount of daily wear and tear. I have definitely dropped items onto the lining of previous refrigerators without any damage, and considering previous refrigerators were top mount, things would have fallen from a greater height than in this example. Electrolux Australia assures me that this is entirely my fault, but when questioning them about their product being suitably durable and fit for purpose, all representatives have tried to distract me with unrelated examples of people making claims upon unrelated products.

For such a new product I am extremely disappointed in what I believed to be a quality product from a reputable manufacturer.

Purchased in October 2018.

Internal Layout

Easy to keep clean and looks great

Works well looks good easy to adjust setting and ice maker is brilliant and like the facility to turn ice maker on and off also love the cold filtered water and holiday functions plenty of storage and shelving

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,900.00.

2 weeks old and fridge area was warm this morning

2 weeks old and fridge area was warm this morning.
Lost our perishables, 5 hours later and still getting warmer, freezer seems to be ok at moment,
Not impressed, taking forever to get onto someone.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,300.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi John B, Kathy from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Fridge, and the in contact. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with WHE6000SA If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy, and reference 821794 in subject line. Thanks Kathy

Beware the warm water!

Installed the fridge. We have two teenage boys that love their chilled water, so the pressure was on to connect the water quick. What an absolute let down. Warm water! I checked the plumbing at rear of fridge. It stays outside the fridge, then into the filter and out dispenser, No cooling unit! What fool designed a fridge with a water dispenser that doesn't cool the water! Not to mention misleading advertising. " chilled, filtered water". We want our money back or another fridge that does what is advertised! The ACCC and Consumer Affairs take a very dim view to misleading advertising.

Purchased in February 2019.

Only 11 months old and about 8 visits from repair man

Have had so many problems from first day New fan Baffle stuck so couldn’t work handle replacements now freezer has icicles on the drawers and hard to open wonder if I have a lemon? Like the look of the fridge but worry if it is going to pack up and I will loose all my food

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Sandy, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Very happy with my choice.

Love this fridge, it's quiet, so much space and it's modern looking, the light is so nice and bright and the shelves are sturdy and love the fact it came with a bottle rack. The fridge is nice and cold (but don't rely on the accuracy of the fridge thermostat, I have it set colder than 3 °C to get the fridge to actually be 3 °C but that seems to be common with all/most fridges) and seems to maintain a constant temperature, even in the doors. For those who complain the freezer handle falls off, you have to carefully match the handle up with the template sticker which means you have to be quite forceful and pull the handle hard (to the left) so it clicks in. If you do not hear a click, you did not do it right and yes, your handle will fall off. My only minor complaint about this fridge is the ice cubes tray is rather flimsy and you need to angle the tray a bit when you filled it up with water to get it back in as the freezer drawer doesn't really come out far enough. (Note, I have the 6000 model, not the 6060 one with the ice maker and water filter). I was swayed to buy this after reading the Choice test results and happy I did. Boxing Day sales and $200 cash back (not received just yet) made the fridge an excellent buy.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Terrible product... way too expensive. Absolutely hate it

The water dispenser is so slow and the water is warm... you get cooler water from the tap! The ice maker only makes a couple of ice... the fridge doesn't keep cold even at 2 degrees everything inside is dripping sweat like condensation is building up inside and it's not even 50% full! The door handle keeps falling off and it's quite heavy so very painful when it falls on your foot. The freezer doesn't have any lights. I used to have an LG and what a difference! I should have replaced it for another LG... so disappointed with this purchase the product is crap Do Not Buy if you can buy anything else but Westinghouse... very cheaply made...If i had a way to test it i would not have got it even if it was for free.. and harvey norman sales it for 3K it's a complete RIP off!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi dlembelton flooring Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the firdge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda. Thanks

Happy with our purchase

An easy to use fridge. Things are easy to see and interior is easy to clean. The fridge is quiet and is keeping things fresh and at correct temperature. My last fridge was a Westinghouse and lasted 12 years and I am hoping that this does the same.Freezer section is easy to access with sturdy drawers. Stainless steel outer doesn't show every fingerprint. We are still getting used to to two door set up opening the right first.I advise most used items stored on that side so you don't have to open both doors conserving energy hopefully. Good energy rating. Happy with my purchase at this point.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Nice Fridge

We recently purchased the Westinghouse WHE6060SA 605L French Door Fridge because it fitted easily in to the hole in our kitchen as it was one of only a few that would.
But to my surprise this seems to be a really nice refrigerator with a good layout and my only small complaint would be there is no light in the freezer.
I do like the chilled water on the door and auto ice cubes in the freezer.
The temperature seems stable so far in both the freezer and fridge compartments.
The french doors open easily but the freezer does need a little effort as it is a drawer but the freezer drawers are really useful and store a lot of goods.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Beautiful fridge. Perfect size

We’ve recently renovated our kitchen and purchased this fridge to match in with everything new. It’s a beautiful fridge with the perfect amount of space for us. The shelves are easy to adjust and I love the large freezer space and the three separate compartments that the freezer includes. Very happy that we bought the chilled water option. We use it all the time.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Noisiest Fridge ever !

As far as space and functionality and look goes it’s really good BUT.... seriously the noisiest fridge I have ever come across! I can hear the ice maker clunking from upstairs. Opening and closing the freezer and fridge doors is a challenge to keep them from clattering and banging !
So if u like quietness I suggest you don’t buy it :-)

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good unit

I am very happy with this fridge. It runs quietly and is easy to clean. I'm especially pleased with how much better the food keeps in this fridge compared with my previous one, an LG. I appreciate the large freezer space in this appliance as I like to buy in bulk when products are on special, and having the freezer at the bottom means the the items I use every day are at a convenient height.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Nice looking fridge.....not so good customer service

Nice looking fridge however our seems to make a funny noise. I have been trying to get hold of customer service for 2 weeks and am still yet to speak with someone. The freezer handle also come off quite easily, need to use care when opening to stop it from falling off and landing on your feet.
The fridge compartment however is great. Great size, easy to see what you have, ample crisper storage. The freezer is very spacious, I could actually fit everything I had in my old single freezer plus more.
The whole unit looks beautiful and I brought Westinghouse due to its good reputation and previous experience of their appliances.
I am feeling very let down with the customer service at this point.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Speed84, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the WHE6000SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, RumanaOnce I finally heard from a customer service rep, who was lovely and very apologetic, a tech was sent to look at the fridge. He then had to come back and replace a part...this did not fix the problem. After reporting that the problem was still there, the fridge was replaced promptly. This has restored my faith in the Westinghouse products and hopefully this is the end of our problem.Seems the same problem is happening with the new fridge however this time, it sounds like a police siren going off when the fan is running! Maybe my faith is not quite restored yet.

Great fridge - just be careful with the bottom drawer handle!

Overall, we think this fridge is good except for one annoying design flaw...the bottom drawer handle! The handles are held on by plastic clips and the bottom one being secured horizontally disconnects from these clips too easily. It has fallen off a number of times but we've learnt to avoid putting sideways pressure on it. Otherwise, the fridge is well laid out and it's great having water and ice available when you need it! Update: the handle and mounting clips are being replaced and I can't praise their customer service enough once they responded to my messages. Maybe new clips will fix the problem.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This fridge is fantastic , goes above most inports in this price range for functionalities and power

Attractive exterior, well-designed interior. Holds good capacities in both fridge & freezer.
Shelves adjustable in the body of the fridge & on door sides. Fridge interior lighting excellent.
Three drawers in the freezer have plenty of storage space, overall a great buy for my man cave. Price wise, I got a bargain at
$ 1782.00. I used my credit card reward and scored a $200 rebate back to my card... Bonus methinks.

Date PurchasedMar 2018