Westpac Online

Westpac Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible,annoying

I got home loan with this bank and due to change in family circumstances I requested so many times the mortgage centre to help me with interest only or payment reduction for loan repayment as my ex husband stopped paying anything. It is a joint property and my request was to make changes until property settlement is done but they keep tossing you from one Person to another on call but nothing happens in the end . I don’t know why they get paid if they don’t even know the right person to help you. I think all they do is annoy you so much that you lose courage to ring back again. Life is already being stressful, please stop this ‘westpac assist ‘drama .

Extremely poor and slow service

Been with Westpac for 10 yrs, need to obtain a small amount of money to replace a broken gas heater & it has already taken 4 weeks to get to a finance application to be told now takes 2 more weeks to get approval. All we want to do is keep our asthmatic kids warm. Really angry with lack of communication & heartless staff, aparently no lenders here in SA, had to do it over the phone!!

Review TypeLoan Application

poor customer service

This bank treats you like an animal they don't care apparently there is a "block" on my account so i cannot get technical support unless i got into a branch!!! i would give 0 stars if i would!

Somebody stole my title: Do I have to leave a star

Been with Westpac for 15 years, done a transfer that I've done many a times from my Westpac account (which is linked to one of my mobile phone numbers with osko) to my Commonwealth account (which is linked to my other mobile phone number I linked with Osko too, I have a dual SIM card phone hence the 2 seperate mobile numbers) even though I transferred money from my ANZ (linked via email address with osko) at the same time as I needed money to go to my mum via Commonwealth, so when I had the total amount finally in my commonwealth I could just transfer Commonwealth to Commonwealth into my mum's account which I've done before (she does not have osko setup.) The ANZ to Commonwealth (linked to mobile phone Osko) transfer went through flawlessly. The Westpac to Commonwealth (link to mobile phone Osko) has disappeared even though I screenshotted the receipt and all the details are correct. Plus I'm sending from one of my accounts to another one of my accounts, that being my Westpac account to Commonwealth account. Oh no I got an ETA on the Trace and retrieve which I'm told is going to take up to 6 weeks. So in the meantime even though ANZ transferred to my Commonwealth Bank using the same osko payid mobile phone number without a problem it seems that Westpac is incapable of doing so and now thinks they're going to hang on to my money for 6 weeks. That was their answer when I rang looking for my missing money. SIX WEEKS. I offered paperwork showing that the commonwealth account that it is destined for is also mine in hopes that we could cancel it and just put it back into my westpac account sooner but NO. Even though I made no mistake with any inputs or numbers when I transferred, it is obviously a problem they have with their system, I'm the one that has to manage with the loss of funds in the meantime. I'm very very annoyed and my mother even told me that's why she has never bank with Westpac, even when she ran a business, never Westpac. Now I'm starting to understand why. Oh and I didn't even give you the best part. This 6 week thing came up after three different phone calls, one after the other which all told me different things. One agent told me Osko was down which doesn't make sense because ANZ transferred to my commonwealth using the payid linked to it through osko. The next one told me I might have transferred to a mobile number but it wasn't through Osko so it's going to take longer than usual. And the last one told me I had to manually retrieve my money. When I asked her what that meant, she said she didn't know exactly, that's just what her manager told her when I was on hold. Since she didn't know how that manual retrieval worked she put me through to trace and retrieve who told me I could be waiting 6 weeks, and that was them being helpful. Thanks Westpac great service especially when I own both accounts and I could produce any paperwork you needed to help the process speed up, plus it's your glitch not anything I did incorrectly. Worst bank in Australia, wait 6 weeks... but when it's Westpac trying to retrieve money you betcha they won't wait a minute to get it back.

They can't make Samsung Pay for Business customers work

Completely useless. For at least 8 weeks now Westpac are unable to make business customer accounts compatible with Samsung Pay, despite 300+ banking associations being able to.
The staff provide inaccurate information over the phone, with no accountability.
Their card tech department is unable provide an ETA on when the Samsung Pay feature will be fixed.

Incompetent and Out of Date

We transferred a lot of money over the weekend to pay some invoices before year end. We know at least one business received the money (Osko) on Sunday BUT Westpac changed all the dates and made them July 1.
Then we had been told that by pre-paying Visa the automatic debit would be adjusted. It was not and now we do not have enough money to pay our staff. Not happy.

Conflicting information

I had an issue with transactions fees. I requested to be refunded and it took me 2 phone calls and a visit to a branch before the issue was resolved in my favour. I was told a note would be attached to my file so we wouldn't have the problem again. Same issue again today and again, conflicting advice when I made an enquiry. Who's got time for this!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Worst credit line staff.just waste my time

I applied Personal loan online,i got conditionally approved.they requested document.i upload same time.they refused 3 times documents as i submitted.i called every day for update,they put me hold every time more then half an hour. finally i got declined after long time waiting period.worst bank.i m going close all account with westpac bank.
same document i got approval with another bank with more amount. i will not recommend to my friend.even negative effect in credit file.

Love it.

Bank is very reliable. I recommend westpac to evryone. Customer service is excellent. Always very helping and nice. On the phone and in person. Been with the bank almost a year now.

WORST BANK EVER

We use westpac for our business and it is the worst bank ever! do not sign up with them! the online banking site is so outdated i can't believe they are still able to operate.

ABSOLUTE FAIL

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Westpac Is Essentially A Third World Bank Falling Apart. Unbelievable They're Still In Business,

This is my feedback to them : copy/ pasta

I knew the big four banks were a nightmare to deal with, but Westpac has taken the winning cake for
incompetence.

I'm speaking to a chat operator who cannot speak english properly right now. His answer to my query was 'call your other bank'

On internet banking you've got html code showing in your internet banking screen (see screenshot),

and a $3600 balance transfer to another card hasn't occurred.

On top of that, i can't find the pay code to pay my new credit card anywhere on your website after looking around.

When i tried activating my card it failed online, so i called an operator, and spoke to a employee in australia who rushed me through the process.

It's been a horrible experience from the word go. I still don't know where $3600 has gone.

Westpac, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

I'm thankful i don't have any other accounts with you.

You're the ones who send off the balance transfer and it hasn't been paid to my other bank.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

Westpac system nightmare for a new token

I am a business customer with Westpac for more than 6 years.
2 years ago my token expired and ordered a new one. Get it sent at least 3 times to the new address, I still haven't received my token. It's a very difficult experience and a pain to tell Westpac's head office operator to send my token to the new address. They are not helpful at all and incompetent for problem solving. Shame on you Westpac.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

I'm closing all my accounts down and moving to Commonwealth Bank

6 years been with this bank and all I got was screw all no bonus or nothing but all they like to do is lock my cards up and refuse to let me withdraw money, so from today the 28/04/2019 I'm starting to closing every accounts down and moving plus yesterday the 27/04/2019 I spoke to a lady on the phone and the wench was so rude well this is just screw up damn westpac and everyone working there

Review TypeATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Total lack of common sense when issuing customer service

I personally was offered, whilst online banking, an alternative account - which I did - not indicated that this was only a carrot and I was required to visit a branch to confirm my identity. Westpac chose to close their banking facilities in my town - necessitating a "distance drive" to the nearest operating branch open for the moment. I became aware of this fact when paying my monthly Visa Card account and the payment inadvertently went to the online opening that I have referred to. When I became aware of this mistake I contacted Westpac and it was agreed that the payment amount would be reversed and directed to the card account. To my horror when I checked I witnessed that the full amount had again been credited to the blocked account opened online and the reversal had gone as the full debit to my card account which by this time was also blocked as minimum payment had not been made - I always clear the full debit on a monthly basis. Another 'Help' telephone call and at this point I was again put through the "identification questionnaire" and was informed that my home address did not match. Somehow that had mystically changed after having been checked in the same way two days prior. More despair and frustrating phone calls and to this point five days later I believe my service has been thrown into the too hard basket. I have been in the Westpac Banking system for as long as it has existed and their predecessors for a period of sixty-four years. My request now is that someone within the Westpac system to do something - press the unblock button - to untangle my banking facility at this time so that I can go about my daily affairs. It was you Westpac who encouraged and to a point compelled "online banking. Finally it sincerely disappoints me at this stage to indicate and I qualify here, THE MANAGEMENT OF WESTPAC BANK have a lot to answer for as they subject their staff who are endeavouring to offer service to anger and possible abuse from the customer and I would venture to say embarrasment because of unrealistic rules. Bring back the good old days when the customer - big and small - was a valued commodity as they are in fact what makes the bank tick.

Do not apply for a Westpac Credit Card unless you don't mind jumping through many hoops

Very difficult experience trying to register my card with online banking. Need go to through a number of identify check questions, of which I failed. However, I was able to activate the card via phone banking and the balance transfer has gone through. So now have to make an extra trip to the branch as my account is locked!

My biggest problem is why allow a balance transfer to go through if the identify check was verified in the first place? I cannot even just cancel the card because it has already gone through. Such an inconvenience!!!!

Westpac, do not progress any balance transfers for new card holders until you have verified their identify!!! Just basic common sense!

Credit card balance transfer

Apply for credit balance transfer on line and everything look ok next working day a message want me to call and I do that yes will be approved in 5 days, today open my email was saying my application is unsuccessful. They are full of it I'm glad I don't do my banking with you guys.

Closed all accounts after 50 years

After 50 years, numerous mortgages, loans, credit cards, investment accounts etc. I have parted ways with this poor excuse for a bank. It's a long story, however, I had moved my cash to ME Bank as the interest rate was twice that of westpac. I closed my credit card with westpac and opened a new CC with ME. My wife kept her westpac card. The wife wanted to return to westpac, so I opened a new investment account and transferred heaps of cash into it along with our wages etc into the savings account. To move back completely I needed a westpac credit card. I ended up taking to and being assessed by people in Manilla, Philippines. I was unable to understand them and if it wasn't in their script it was not negotiable. I went to the branch and was told it was all sorted, then a message to phone them resulted in me talking to Manilla again, they messaged me to phone them instead of just phoning me! They wanted more documents etc. and this happened about four times all up. I kept getting told it was approved then told they wanted more documents, mind you ALL my banking had been at westpac for 50 years and they had more of my financial history than me. I ended up cancelling the application and moving everything back to ME Bank, just lucky I kept those accounts open. We closed all westpac accounts and asked for the $30 annual fee that had just been paid to the wife's credit card to be refunded as the account had not been used. They refused, didn't they discuss fees for no service at the Royal Commission? I refuse to have my info and decisions made about me off shore in a third world country where corruption is rife. Save yourself some grief and do your homework when selecting a bank, like reading all the negative comments on this site about westpac.

Online banking

Had money taken from my account without my consent after 4 months of asking Westpac to investigate they told me they couldn’t do anything to retrieve the money that was taken.

Stolen money

Been with this bank for 12 months and my card keeps getting blocked, money missing from my account and I never get any of it back! The fraud department never gets back to me with updates either.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Poor attitude. Staff not interested.

Been with Westpac 10 years. I've had my account frozen twice before due to some unusual activity. Basically I changed my password and then moved some cash to another institution so that transaction was cancelled and my account frozen. I put up with that - benefit of doubt we need security. This occasion I found myself with no way to pay for anything or withdraw cash. OK we need security so I Called Westpac - on hold for ages to be told I had to go to a branch to get my account re-set. What do online banks do? They don't have branches to call into? I work 8-4:30 when am I supposed to do that? The worst part was they didn't care I could tell from the attitude. I'm moving bank.