Westpac Online

Westpac Online

• Topics
    • General Transactions (22)
    • Business Banking (8)
    • Credit Card Application (6)
    • Loan Application (5)
    • New Account (4)
    • ATM Experience (2)

eselle

eselleSydney, NSW

TERRIBLE

I was trying to ask about the homeloan product, however Paige, the online chat lady, kept beating about the bush once she found out i had already applied for my loan, as she didnt want to give me any advice that would cause the lending manager i enquired with to have any problems, as he already gave me his rate and all and product he chose for me, however i wanted to know if its the best product, so i did my own research plus asked Paige some questions. Terrible.

TopicLoan Application

Brodie T.

Brodie T.Perth, WA

Terr bile bank, full of scamers

This bank is a joke.
ive easy paid over 300$ in overdrawn fee
the customer service is a joke
Stay clear from this joke of a bank
been with this bank for years and the biggest mistake of my life

Unauthorized transactions

I have been with westpac for a few months and so far it has been good but i noticed three unauthorized trasactions have been taken out right before i need to pay my phone bill.

rina

rinaSydney, NSW

terrible

iv'e been with westpac for almost 10 years not and for the past 3 years i've been having issues every here and then ! it started in 2016 where someone used my card it wasnt me. they refunded my money. and replaced my card. than a few months later it happened again. and it started happening every once a month till today its annoying having to replace your card all the time and having to call all my bill department to change payment details. i'm thinking of just moving banks because it keeps happening i don't understand how it can happen. not sure if the bank is selling there client deatips to scarmers or they are easily getting hacked

Inge

IngeSydney, NSW

Westpac REFUSED to refund FRAUD transactions!

I had 3 unauthorized transactions amounting to A$150. I called Westpac and they REFUSED to refund me these transactions. NEVER USE WESTPAC!!! They will not protect you from any fraud transactions. This is not the first fraud transaction that I had with other banks but Westpac was the first one to refuse!!! I used to spend almost $3K a month with Westpac card and was only disputing $150 and they refused. I will never use Westpac anymore

anonymous

anonymousSydney, NSW

Harassment

If you’re slightly late paying your credit card or loan back they will call you from a private number roughly 6 times a day. Pretty disgusting. I just switched banks and I’m a lot happier. Can’t wait to pay off my credit card and close the account.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Fiorocrey

Fiorocrey

WORST BANK EVER

I made the worst mistake by choosing this bank. I've tried several times to do online shopping and every time I've tried the web page says that my card is not activated, so every time I call customer service and every time they tell me they can't solve the problem and that I have to go to a branch office. I've activated my card in a branch office 4 times already and this keeps happening.
Every bank I've worked with before (and I'm from South America) solved problems either online or by phone.
The service provided is unacceptable, their web page is a joke and their staff is poorly capacitated.
I'm cancelling my card tomorrow.

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account

gtempo

gtempoCity 2601, ACT

Blocked my access to online banking unless I showed up to a branch with 100 points of ID.

And they are not open until 9:30 AM on Monday!
I called their help desk and was told they could do nothing.
It is a 20th century bank stuck in the 70s.

DCandwellitjustis

DCandwellitjustisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bank response unsatisfactory

Rondel

RondelNorth Queensland, QLD

Very rude

Bank mail being sent to deceased person after informed of death. Upon phoning up was given a few different reasons and person spoken to was quite abrasive and defensive. Will never use this bank. Be wary.

Brendan

BrendanWestern Australia

Westpac getting abit cheeky

Westpac harnessing me over less than hundred dollars overdrawn cc. Fair enough if weeks have past but a couple of days.

Yawn. Ing doesnt act like spoilt brats over a couple of days. I'll pay when I'm ready if you don't like it..

Send someone around to kneecap me Westpac. Stick your offshore call centre and personal questions where the sun dont shining.

I could fix it right now. But I'll drag my feet a couple more days because of you're demanding attitude.

Vin Lever

Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

Westpac good if used carefully

Have been a user and customer for 20 years and I still use selective Westpac banking products.
I recently discovered the Westpac 55+ and Retired account - they do not advertise it much but it is without charges. It is good.
I had an eSaver account but did not use it because of charges it collected - similarly with other savings accounts. I have a debit card now and do not use a Westpac linked credit cards.
Service has been good and phone responses helpful.
Useful if you use their share trading platform as accounts are listed online in Westpac overview

TopicGeneral Transactions

Most horrible bank ever couldnt care less about customers have had a much better experience in the past year with ANZ

6 years not reliable not upto date with technology also couldnt care less about helping long time member's would not recommend to anyone thieves and criminals they are disgust me

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Ross Clark

Ross ClarkPerth

The board and CEO are just thieves!!

Seany

Seany

Horrible wait times, and rediculous department transferring.

Mistakenly took on a salary packaging card through this low level bank. These clowns transferred me to 4 different departments and left me on hold for just short of an hour. (for a salary packaging card)!

Bank with them? You need your head read!

Martin S.

Martin S.South East Queensland, QLD

Misleading crooks !

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

sally-anne b.

sally-anne b.South East Queensland, QLD

switching my visa card for a mastercard without my permission

TopicBusiness Banking

Ramkulov

RamkulovMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Online investing - The can't maintain the account

Money randomly appear and disappear from my account (22 Aug 2019)
I get charged some fee for they mistake made by WestPack ($117 that was canceled and now $12 again that still need to be solved)
Then I have to call, hang on the line and explain that the fee they charging me is their own mistake and this need to fixed.

At the moment I'm waiting to get my money back to close my account and never get back to WestPack.

nahdoo

nahdoo

Chatline is useless just waste of time

I paid my credit card from my savings account on 30/9/2019 so should have gone through but found today 1/10/2019 that this had not occurred. Tried "talking" to Bob Banker on Chatline. I think he was a Baker not Banker. Finally I managed to pay my credit card on the telephone. Westpac great time waster their telephone help is no help either.

TopicGeneral Transactions

appalled at their arrogance!

appalled at the treatment he says he can n longer hear me! so we will put a hold on my card and no payment of any kind will take place! I simply disputed monthly payment to pdf subs who are able to continue taking installments without correct card details, this subscription was cancelled in march 2019! off to the lawyer! thanks Westpac!