Whirlpool 7kg Air Vented Dryer AWD712SOC

Whirlpool 7kg Air Vented Dryer AWD712SOC Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:AWD712SOC
Carol D
Carol D

My Whirlpool AWD712SOC dryer is leaving grease makrs on clothing. What can I do about this?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Carol, Thanks for contacting us, try do the following steps and see if this fixes your issue.

1. Apply a liquid, non-flammable household cleaner to the area of the drum and rub with a soft cloth.
2. Clean the drum thoroughly with a damp cloth.
3. Place a load of clean clothing or towels inside to dry the drum, use the airing cycle.

If the issue persists let us know and we will try something else!

Natasha P.
Natasha P.

I can’t seem to get it to dry the clothes no matter what I do what am I doing wrong

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Natasha, Thanks for contacting us, just checking you have checked the user manual?

external link

It might be worth contacting out technical team on the below.
1300 762 219 - option 2,4,1

Kind Regards,

Dee G.
Dee G.

Why cant this unit be wall mounted and where is the vent located on this dryer?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Dee, Thanks for contacting us, unfortunately this dryer doesn't have any of the brackets installed on the machine. If this was installed on the wall it may be a safety issue as the vent is at the back of the unit so would void any warranty.

Gavin M.
Gavin M.

Does this have to be ventilated outside

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Gavin, The dryer doesn't need to be ventilated outside. However, you will need to make sure to ventilate the room where the dryer is located.

Kind Regards,

Whirlpool Australia

Tony N.
Tony N.

Can we hang this dryer on the wall?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Tony, Thanks for contacting us, unfortunately, you are unable to hang this one on the wall however you can put it on top of a washing machine with an antislip mat in between the 2 units.

Otherwise, we do have stacking kits available.

Thanks!

Myer71
Myer71

I want a fast heating dryer that I can use more for removing wrinkles than for drying. Is this suitable?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Myer, Thanks for contacting us, I would suggest looking at the 6th SENSE HeatPump Dryer 9kg (WHP80250). This one has options to choose your dryness level please see below.

Iron dry: very delicate ironing. Suitable for making the ironing of garments easier immediately after the end of the cycle.
Hanger dry: a level intended for delicate garments ready to be hanged.
Cupboard dry: the garments are ready to be folded and put away.
Extra dry: used for garments to be worn at the end of the cycle.

The Iron dry would be the one to select.

There is also a program called easy iron, This cycle allows to extend the fibres of garments thus making ironing and folding easier. Do not use in case of garments that are still wet. Suitable for small loads of cotton textiles or cotton blends.

So either you use the Iron dryness level or use the easy iron program after your clothes are completely dry.

Hope this makes sense!

Michelle R.
Michelle R.

I have set the dryer to "normal", it gives me a time of 3.50 then I hit the "quick" button and it goes to 3.45??
That is not a lot of difference!
Then I take off the "quick" and set "half load" and the time increases to 4.20.
Is this just to mess with my head or do I have a problem?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Michelle, Thanks for contacting us, sorry for the delay. The dryer has a load sensor and will adjust the time according to the load however there may be a software issue. If possible can you please unplug it from the wall and leave it off for 5 minutes before plugging it back in. If the fault persists, please let us know you may need a warranty job.

Our warranties department can be reached on 1300 815 589.

Thanks!

kathy

can you sit it on a bench

kathy

or can it sit on top of the washing machine

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Kathy, It is safer for this dryer to sit on the floor than on a washing machine. It can also go on a shelf, provided the shelf can hold the weight of the dryer and handle the vibrating motions.

marthee m.
marthee m.

Why this dryer is to be installed 460mm above the floor in the garage?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi marthee m, Most fires that start from the garage comes from electrical malfunctions. Also, flammable materials are often stored in garages. Placing the dryer 460mm above the floor would reduce the risk from fire if there are chemical/flammable spills on the floor.

Anthony T.
Anthony T.

can this dryer be wall mounted?

Kristen M.
Kristen M.

Yes, though ours is on the ground I do recall that they can be wall mounted.

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Anthony This dryer is designed to sit on the floor, and cannot be wall-mounted.

clan_speirs
clan_speirs

Can this dryer be used in the upside down position?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi clan_speirs, The dryer cannot be mounted upside-down.
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Whirlpool representatives