World Nomads Travel Insurance - Explorer Plan

World Nomads Travel Insurance - Explorer Plan

1.5

Worst Insurance Provider

Took two months to provide any correspondence on claim, unable to answer emails and calls. Unable to provided decision on claim. They don't answer the phone, I left my number for a call back but they haven't, I've filled out online enquiries but they don't respond. Loads of bad reviews in the last few weeks for this insurer. STAY AWAY from world nomads

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2020

World Nohelp

Great company, as long as you don't have to face a pandemic after having bought a policy.
When you need the travel insurance, they're completely absent. When they want you to pay for your plan, they are always there for you.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimOther

Orrible Experience

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Travel Insurance

Find out how World Nomads Travel Insurance - Explorer Plan compares to other Travel Insurance

dont expect them to disclose any information just trying to get your money

we organised for a policy for my son to Peru from Australia in February. We spoke to them and then bought it on line. At no time were we informed that he would not be covered for the coronavirus. There were no alerts concerning travel in Australia or Peru, no alerts at all for anywhere except China at the time so no you cant say everyone was aware of the situation and it was a known issue from 31/1/2020. If you couldn't cover him then fine but you were either accepting new insurance polices and not informing people of the coverage for coronavirus or you have retrospectively changed your coverage to avoid liability. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Insurance Cover ForAdult

Scam travel insurance. Avoid at all costs.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim ApprovedNo

My brother in law died thinking he had cover from these cold hearted scammers!!

Accurate facts are. ..after paying a whopping three hundred pounds , my brother in law thought he was covered for a lifetime trip with World Nomads. He was on a motorbike travelling through all these countries in South America...yet nobody here thought to ask what his mode of transport was . He could have been on a camel or a skateboard when the drunk driver hit him and we would have him home with us today. But no, they used their get out clause in the 140 pages listed of what your not really covered for to allow him to die. I will always keep posting this. His story won't be forgotten! And how you sleep at night is beyond me! Mrs Ali Peck

Insurance Cover ForAdult

Scam, do not use this company

Can't access to their claiming portal, they have not given me access despite reiterated intends.
I have six pendant claims which resolution I have waited more than 4 months, they have not refunded anything.
Do not use this company or you will be in medical debt.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Medical
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Never allowed to file a claim - unfair!

I have used World Nomads in the past and never had a problem with them. Now that they use TripMate it appears that they are trying to get out of paying for anything. I had two cancelled flights during a seven week trip and racked up $1200 in new flights and new accomodation. When I went to begin my claim, they said I had chosen the wrong plan. According to them, I do not qualify for my own country's policy even though I followed all the information on the website. This means that nonexpat or nomad traveler could ever use World NOMAD insurance. How ironic. I would give them 0 stars if I could. I recommend this company to NO ONE!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Slow and unreliable service. Do not recommend it.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimMedical, Personal Liability and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2018

Steveh

StevehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Already recommend to anyone travellIng, so glad I had it

The staff at the emergency response are amazing, after doing ligament damage to my knee in Bali they organised everything to fly home and sort out medical stuff from home, they helped immediately and answered all of my questions and checked to see how I was. No complications yet just waiting for medical reimbursement now.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Alex

AlexCoventry

Explorer doesnt cover what you would expect. Never using them again.

Absolute Scam for Adventure Sports, AVOID

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't expect support when you need it!

JohnBSydnery

Helpful and supportive all the way through the claim

I needed to fly home for surgery and Global Nomads system for helping out was efficient and supportive. They were prompt in their emails, and got on the phone when needed.
They didn't hesitate to pay for flights and got me home as quickly as possible.
Thoroughly recommended.

JohnB

Thanks Matt, all recovered and back on the field in Africa with Mercy Ships.

RyanZH

RyanZHDURHAM

Do NOT use World Nomads

Tuuls

TuulsBrussels

Very disappointing

Very disappointed

I had a pregnancy-related issue and ended up in the hospital during a trip to Europe. The bill wasn't even that expensive, but since I had purchased 'coverage', I decided to claim. World nomads didn't even initiate my claim. I was told to contact my regular health insurance company. Totally untrustworthy! Complete waste of money and time. I will never purchase again!

Insurance claim madeNo
me_Ty
me_Ty

I have contacted you in the email above.

Gus

GusCentral coast

They offered the world, until it came to claim

Myself and partner chose the 'explorer' package, for some flexibility with cover, as we were hiking and going outdoors a lot in the Philippines. When an event occurred and it came time to claim, I was treated rudely and denied my claim without question. I would not recommend personally if you are worried about your belongings.

Sarah T.World Nomads

World Nomad uses Tripmate and they are a Nightmare you will never wake up from.

Sarah T.World Nomads

Hope noone dies when your overseas, because they'll make a difficult time even more difficult

See all World Nomads Travel Insurance reviews