Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Youi

• 1-2 weeks (10)
    • 2-4 weeks (8)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (8)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (9)

olivera
oliveramelbourne

Tried do online and said we can't insure can't find car later somebody call try sell insurance I didn't take

Tried do online and said we can't insure can't find car later somebody call try sell insurance I didn't answered no use why have online quote if somebody has to ring went with another big company at least you can see what you getting

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Perfect

Spoken to one of the team member name dean and explain to him the overall picture of my accident and he is very calm, polite and very supportive person really happy with his service. Definitely recommend other people to try youi

Daham K.
Daham K.

Selecting Youi was a big mistake

From face valve, they look similar but they have a lot of exclusions than other insurances.
I just got to know that they are not covering any accidents to your home. My wife just accidentally drove into to closing garage door and looks it is not covered by their policy. You park your car at your home every day and there is a significant chance that you will have an accident at your home and they have cleverly excluded that from their policy. Not a good company.
I have checked my previous policies and it is covered by all those policies.
Think twice before you go with youi. Its not what you see

Jasmine
JasmineChristchurch

Be Careful

My daughter's partner had an accident with the car as they had an argument. The police tested him and A-ok.
Youi refused to pay saying they don't cover a domestic...IT WAS AN ACCIDENT AS HE SWERVED FOR AN ANIMAL.
Be very careful with Youi see what they did in NZ.

Daniel Zarkovic
Daniel ZarkovicSydney, NSW

They only want cream

Filled out their questionnaire online for comprehensive car insurance quote. I had one not at fault claim in last 5 years and they say I’m uninsurable. What’s the point of their existence? Then they ring me to try sell me life insurance and I told them to eff off.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
NKT
NKTnealkt70@gmail.com

Refuse to provide quotes online

I forgot how previous reviews had said no online quotes provided - they call you. Sure enough, a phone call within a minute or two of submitting info on their webpage. I simply refuse to do business in this manner. I want to first see if the quoted figure is competitive before talking to someone.

jaccan2
jaccan2Peel, WA

Impressed

After many years of having car insurance and not making a claim, I changed to Youi and within weeks made a claim for damage I did to my vehicle while reversing into my own garage! Within a few days the claim was accepted. I’m very impressed.

Waste of time!!!

They want to give you a call after filling everything online. They will not give you a quick quote online. Total waste of time. I wonder why bother having a online quote option. Bad bad customer experience.

ColR
ColRSydney, NSW

Exorbitant quote

$5856 for a $68000 electric car. Rather say you don't insure electric cars than embarrass yourself with stupid quotes like this. The phone consultant asked me exactly the same questions which I had filled out on-line anyway. That's 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

sabi s.
sabi s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Irritating

you fill up everything online and they ask the same thing on phone, wasted time repeating the same thing ...and they started with I will repeat the same question you filled online. that might irritate you.. are you ready to continue? who would say yes... they are living on stone age

My opinion matters.
My opinion matters.Brisbane

Not impressed.

I went online for comprehensive quote today, having got several elsewhere easily. It appears I could only get the quote by them calling me. Really! In this day and age, how archaic. Needless to say, I did not take the call. I cannot say if it was value for money as did not actually get a quote.
NB. If the quote and service were satisfactory, my next step one have been a quote on our other car and maybe home and contents.

Pawpy
PawpyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dishonest

Had the insurance for a year. Have not made any claims at all. At the end of the year, despite the car being a year older and worth less money; and clearly careful, unproblematic driving, Youi increased the premium price by a large amount.
I found a much better price with more inclusions elsewhere. Youi also make it hard to not renew the policy. I don't even want to cancel - just not renew, but they make it really hard to do this. Seems quite a duplicitous way of working.

Ken G
Ken GNorth-West & West coast, TAS

$1000 Extra + Excess in first 90 days!

Matty king
Matty kingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

0 if I could

Terrible asked for details online then called me asked where car is stored etc . I’m 29 no fines or suspensions no accidents the vehicle is stored in a locked garage and had tracking fitted and is driven maybe 2 Saturdays a month. It’s market value is 60k they couldn’t go over 45k and wanted $3200. RACV is currently
Insured for $63,000 and one want $1600 you tell me scam artists or scam artists . Disgusting

Nurseedward
NurseedwardSydney, NSW

Wont go with them just because they are sneaky

You go to do an online quote
Rather than spit it out - it confirms your phone identity... then says you will get a call to discuss the quote! I want to get the quote, then spend my time reading the documents and comparing it to my current insurer! I dont want some pressure sales call! What a joke! Have not seen this happen before!

Read more reviews - page 2See all Youi Car Insurance reviews