Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (10)
    • 2-4 weeks (7)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (47) · No (7)

Scott

ScottGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Compare first

Compare other insurers first to find a suitable deal as the gap between can be quite large. I found competitive deals by searching first rather than taking the first offer.

We will call you

YOUI you have done it again
I have complained to your management before and you are still doing it
I filled in all the questions on line and I still get a call to go through all the questions again.
What a waste of time
I get a call and asked the consultant how much is the insurance, and he tells me I don't have a quote, I have to ask you a few questions.
Are you serious. What did I just answer all the questions on line
Be serious YOUI

Smee

Smee

Rude people and double standards

Long story short - had three policies for a long time wanted to cancel one as I sold the car was told I had phone in but I work in a call centre and couldn’t so I said cancel the other three and I will go will somebody else funny by how when I said that they were able to be rude to me and then cancel all three policies without me calling !! Stay away from them

UFO

UFOCanberra 2600, ACT

Don't give your mobile for online quote!! It's bait for them (and other companies) to spam you!!!

Ridiculous - Baiting You To Call

I am a youi home insurance customer and have been baited with their online car insurance quote process to them calling me. Absolutely ridiculous marketing ploy to up-sell. Lost this customer.

Jon Pratt

Jon PrattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really bad to deal with

Went to get a quote off their website. After inputting all of my information, they verified my identity via a text. They then said that they would phone me with my quote. They phoned on the same number they had just verified with a text. At which point their agent said that they would need to spend 10 minutes (!!) with me asking more questions, but first they needed to verify my identity by asking me my name and date of birth...the same one that they had just verified with a text etc. This is hopeless. If they are this hard/incompetent to deal with trying to buy a policy then I dread to think how difficult they would be to deal with if I ever needed to claim. Avoid.

India F.

India F.South East Queensland, QLD

5 years in and no complaint ⭐️

I've been with Youi since 2016 and each time I call them (annually to renew) I'm met with dedicated customer service and great prices. Special shout out to Jonathan Bentley! You were AMAZING to deal with as I was researching the best insurance pricing and policies for my new car. No surprise, I ended up sticking with Youi.

STAY AWAY YOU POOR FOOLS

STAY AWAY YOU POOR FOOLSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They classify driving to work as buisness use.

Driving to work as classed as business use with Youi. I don’t hold a ABN yet I was told that the excessive increase in premium was due to using my car for business use. This is a joke of major proportions. No one should use this company. They are scam artists at a minimum. RACV also was WAY cheaper than them. I had to raise my excess to 1000 dollars to match RACV.

mortezaxp

mortezaxpSydney, NSW

I couldn't get a quote online, instead they called!

I went on their website to get a quote so I can compare to my existing insurance but after getting all my information including name, address my current insurer, birthday and so much more, they just said they'll call me.

no where on their website they indicated that's how they give quotes otherwise I wouldn't share my details with them. I just wanted a quick price. I think the time has come to stop this nonsense.

I am not interested in their pricing and services anymore.

Find out how Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Poor service, faulty system, expensive!

Two policies - a BMW worth 3-4 times more than a Honda, same drivers but Youi’s system didn’t correlate between policies. When they realised and then updated their system (manually), the Honda premium was then increased by 50% and cost MORE than the BMW to insure. They could not explain this other than to say if the information was not kept up to date they had the right to refuse or reduce payouts. Way to make customers feel safe and secure!! The youngest driver has been driving for almost 8 years and the expense of the policy far outweighed having the car comprehensively insured. What a ripoff Youi!!

Tony H

Tony HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Could’nt get a quick quote.

It was time to renew my car insurance so went to Youi’s web site for an online quote. Filled in all particulars about self and car expecting a price when finished like the other companies. Instead I got a phone call saying this is to give me the best price possible. Then the sales person started all over again asking all the same information re my inquiry. I ended the conversation before getting a price. So much for a quick quote!

sam g.

sam g.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of time they are a joke

Was with them for 8+ years 2 cars 1 claim
Youi premium
ranger $3596.14 with 2500 excess
Mercedes $3210.16 with 1050 excess

RACV premium
Ranger $1729.08 with 1000excess
Mercedes $1884.06 with 1000 excess

Same policy gave youi a call after I got the quote they said their is a huge difference and they can’t do anything so I had 8 months left on the ranger they changed me $33 and the Mercedes had 6-8 days left they charged me $33 cancellation fee I told them they are a joke

Disappointing

After being insured for many years, my car was written off. The car was insured for market value. The price they gave me was ridiculously low, there was no way I was ever going to replace my car for the price they offered. I managed after many many phonecalls, sending through examples of cars for sale well above what mine was they gave me a little bit extra which was still unsatisfactorily low. They also held onto my excess for around a month while they 'determined who was at fault', in a very clear case and where the other driver had admitted fault. I just now tried to get a quote for my new car and this time to agreed value and they have a limit on that which is again stupidly low. I'm done Youi, Goodbye!!

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Liars, misleading. Denied claim after assuring claim will be accepted

Marg

MargSydney, NSW

Ben's brilliant customer service

In seeking quotes for comprehensive car insurance, Youi was the only one that offered call back for your quote, Ben based in Queensland was great, went through the sign up well, explained and answered my questions, and offered his contact details for future contact and perhaps claims...Superlative service!!

Jessica D.

Jessica D.

Absolute crock - refuses to refund premiums paid (4 of them) even if no claims have been processed.

Paid 4 months of premiums, took money from my bank account without authorisation and left me in debt. Refuse to refund premiums paid and charging $33 to cancel is stupid

Tried to do an online quote, answered questions like other sites. When it got to the last bit to do the quote, it says someone is ringing now...
If I wanted to talk to someone I would have rang for a quote in the first place!!

Very expensive - double existing premium with competitor

Helpful on phone and very thorough but the end price was literally double my existing policy for exactly same benefits but larger excess .. No thanks Youi - not value for money

Richard L

Richard LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Paid the policy in full and cancelled it with 2 weeks left on the policy and hit with $33 cancellation fee.

Never claimed so not sure how their claims are. They charged $33 cancellation fee with just 2 weeks left on policy. Renewal increased $150 and did see if they could do better but they couldn’t.

David Newton

David NewtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not really an insurance company

Tried to insure my new vehicle with youi because the previous owner had it insured with them. Won't insure it because the value is too high! Clearly Youi only insures vehicles that they don't have to pay out on so not really insurance at all.