Awesome service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

Julius is a gem. He is doing an excellent job keeping my house clean. I would (and have) recommend AbDom to anyone.

Consistently provide good cleaners

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

As a client for over ten years Absolute Domestics provide high quality cleaners. At times when the cleaner hasn’t been a good fit, they’re happy to assign someone else to the job without a problem. Overall I’ve been extremely happy with the customer service and the standard of cleaning provided.

Reliable and great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have been allocated a great cleaner. She is reliable, friendly and does a great job. Makes my busy life so much easier.

Excellent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Thank you Tara for your amazing cleaning skills. Tara cleans for me once a fortnight on my Chemo days. Its such an amazing feeling to come home to clean and shiny bathrooms and toilets and house. One less thing to worry about. Couldn't be happier.
Always returns my message and is happy to work around me.

Depends who you get but overall great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I was initially allocated someone who didn't seem to want the job and didn't turn up three times (sent her mother in law once!). Once the company allocated a more professional person, we had no troubles. Lyn was great and got a lot done in a short time. I'll miss her!

• 1 comment

Never showed up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have never delt with a company with such terrible customer service ...didn't show up waited an hour then when I rang them to find out no one called me back ... then when I rang them back I told the lady and said I said should go with a different company that has better customer service and she goes yes her name was [name removed].. if they can't get cleaners to show up can't imagine the service of cleaning just awful don't use them .. worst experience

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Taleah, we have been trying to contact you and will try again today. It is unfortunate that your cleaner didn't show up as planned due to an unexpected health scare and we are looking forward to... read more »

Hi totally understand when people are sick but it's polite to let people know there are not coming from a business point of view as people have busy life's and don't have time to wait... thank you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Overpriced. Had to re-clean

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I wasn’t very impressed with this service. When they emailed me requesting feedback after my clean, I replied with the following reply (as I don’t believe in taking to writing negative reviews without first telling the company directly to allow them to resolve any issues first), however they have not replied. I have found them to be unprofessional, clearly thinking they’re undeserving of any kind of negative reviews.

This is the email I sent with no reply:

“Good evening,

Thank you for your follow up calls and email, my apologies for not responding sooner.

I was planning on contacting you regardless though.
First of all, the cleaner I had ([name removed]) was lovely. She was very kind on the phone and from what my partner told me, she was lovely in person also.

Otherwise, this cleaning service was ridiculously over priced. I originally read the website wrong and thought the catch up clean was the price of the regular cleaning service. When I got home however, my partner informed me that it actually cost $86. That’s $43 per hour for some regular housework. I would NEVER have booked the clean had I realised that was the price.

Not only was the price of some very non extensive cleaning absolutely outrageous, the main job I wanted done in my house was not done properly. Number one on the cleaning list (as I mentioned on the phone to both the booking consultant and the cleaner) was cleaning the marks on the walls. When I got home from a 12 hour day of work in Melbourne (the reason I booked a cleaner in the first place), my partner mentioned that the cleaner tried her best but couldn’t remove the scuffs on the walls. So I got out my cloth and got them all off myself, something I paid $86 to get done while I was at work so that I didn’t have to!

As well as that, I was told when I booked that we had to supply our own cleaning products. So I went and bought some new cleaning products and cloths, to make sure what I required cleaned was cleaned properly. Unfortunately despite going out of my way to buy the appropriate products and make a numbered list of cleaning priorities, I was let down in the outcome.

I will never again use this service to get cleaning done and I will most certainly be telling others not to as well.
I would much rather hire a cleaner myself, who generally charge $20-$25 an hour for cleaning and do a great job.

I expected an amazing service from this company, supposedly a professional cleaning business. I was highly disappointed.”

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Mandy, we are aware of your concerns and are sorry you don't feel you received value for money for your one off Catchup clean. The catchup service is not a spring clean service and our rates are... read more »

I didn’t need a spring clean. All I wanted was the shower and basin cleaned, and some scuffs removed from the walls for a house inspection. Then I requested vacuuming be done only if there was time... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Unreliable. Poor cleaners.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Absolute domestics are the middle men for a bunch of international students, many of which do a mediocre job and let you down at the last minute. You're better off finding your own cleaners.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Lisa, we are sorry to hear you have been let down at the last minute by your cleaner. This work suits a wide variety of people such as mums wanting to work school hours, semi-retirees, students ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Not the best

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Clean was satisfactory however huge lack to detail, cleaners were in a rush to finish.
Not overly impressed. I wont be using Absolute domestics again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Noc, can you please email this feedback to [email protected] so that we can identify your booking and find out why the cleaning was rushed and why you didn't receive the high qua... read more »

Couldn't be happier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We recommend Absolute Domestics to all our friends and family. We are so lucky to have Admira help out every week. We couldn't be happier!

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Happy busy mum, that's great news that you couldn't be happier with your cleaner Admira and thank you for referring us to family and friends. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Just what I needed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

I was lucky enough to have Wati sent to do my fortnightly clean. Walking in after she has been is a complete delight. She doesn’t wipe, she scrubs!!! She is such a hard worker and has made my life so much easier.

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Courtney, it's terrific to hear your cleaner Wati is making your life so much easier and is doing a great job cleaning each fortnight. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Making life simpler!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

We have been fortunate having Clinton and Emily cleaning our home for some time. It is great coming home from a long work day and finding the house in prime condition and smelling lovely.
They are very professional and friendly in their communication. We are always kept informed where required and they are flexible if we have scheduling request.
I always refer colleagues and friends thinking of cleaning services to Absolute Domestic based on the great representatives like Clinton and Emily.

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Celia, we are thrilled to hear you recommend our service to colleagues and friends and thank you for sharing your experience with others. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Sparkling showers!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Thank you so much Harry and Madhu. You did such a wonderful clean of our house today. You did an amazing job on the showers - they are sparkling. And you cleaned the oven to a high standard.
I found Harry and had professional, prompt and thorough. Absolute Domestics were also organised and professional to deal with.
Overall a very positive experience.
Thanks again.
Toni

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Toni, thanks for this terrific feedback about the work your cleaners Harry and Madhu completed. We are so glad you found the service organised and professional. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Well done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I've been with the firm for 4/5 years and had a number of cleaners over this time.
Whilst there has been variability in quality of cleaners my latest cleaner is wonderful. Punctual polite and a great cleaner and we get on well.
My partner and I hope she doesn't leave . Well done Jane :)

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Rowan, thank you for providing a five star rating for your cleaner Jane. We are so pleased to hear how well the service is currently running. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Iris is awesome!

Hi April,
I would like to thank the absolute domestics team for all their help. Finding Iris was an absolute savour for our family. I hope in the future when i need your services again that i can have Iris again. Its nice to have some one clean as though it was their house, Iris did what needed to be done - gardening - cleaning out the Fridge - cleaning glass doors and of course the usual jobs that we all hate doing.
Till next time, thanks
Jules

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Jules, thank you for taking the time to provide this lovely feedback about your cleaner Iris. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Wonderful Meena

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Meena does a wonderful job and it is a pleasure to come home after she has been. Everything is always spotless and she is lovely to deal with

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Hermione, thank you for your five star review of your cleaner Meena. We are so pleased to hear the service is going great. Regards, Absolute Domestics

No training for staff

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Just interested in making money. Staff have no training on how to Clean. Would use airtasker instead. At least you can see individual ratings

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi George, all of our cleaners undergo training as part of their registration with the Agency and we value client feedback to monitor how the service is going. With a vast network of cleaners to ch... read more »

This changed my life.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Absolute Domestics. They are very professional, and i only wish I had done this sooner. I was always wary, but not any more. My Cleaner Mandy is amazing and does a wonderful job every time.

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Patricia, we are thrilled to hear your cleaner Mandy has changed your life for the better! Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Harrison

Extremely unprofessional and untrustworthy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

The cleaner did a rush job for the tasks requested and refused to come back to redo the job. Instead, she demanded that she is paid (again) for the cleaning service of her choice! She was very unprofessional and Absolute Domestics didn’t want to take responsibility or accountability. Would never recommend them to anyone! Lack of care and lack of respect.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Not Impressed, we believe we have identified your booking and have tried to contact you to discuss your partial end of lease clean. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Coolangatta

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Oh! Thanks heavens! A reliable, lovely cleaner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

It is our good fortune that Absolute Domestics sent Kerri to us to help us with our regular cleaning tasks. She did such a good job, that our house was still clean when she came back a fortnight later! Ha Ha! We all thought that was so funny and really, really great! So she found other things to do that needed doing and did everything so wonderfully thoroughly and meticulously. We now don't want to ever be without her, and are so grateful that she has come into our lives!

Comments
Absolute Domestics Official

Hi Linda and Arie, wow she really did do an amazing job didn't she! We are thrilled to hear how much you love the service and look forward to helping with the housework well into the future. Regards, Absolute Domestics

1 of 62 pages

How much time should be allocated when booking an end of lease clean for a three bedroom 2 bathroom house with floor boards and tiles? Also require a garage/laundry sweep out

Katie asked on Feb 21, 2017

Answer this

I can't answer this - and I don't know why you're asking me. I am a client of Absolute Domestics, not part of the company. You should contact Absolute Domestics and ask them.

Hi Katie, the time this job will take really depends on the size and condition of the home as well as the surfaces that need cleaning. The best way to find out is to make an End of Lease booking and ask for the cleaner to come out and quote how long they expect the job to take once they've had a chance to go through the home. Our cleans have a minimum 3hr call out fee and an hourly rate for any additional time therefore if you want to work to a set budget, you decide the timeframe. You would then provide the cleaner a list of tasks in priority order for them to work through in the allocated time. Anything not completed can then be done by yourself. Hope this helps! Regards, Absolute Domestics

Hi there, I have reservations about a complete stranger being at my house while I am absent even though I know all the cleaners go through background checks. Is it possible to meet the cleaner beforehand? Thanks

TimS asked on Dec 08, 2016

Answer this

Hi Tim, absolutely! As part of our process, we organise for a "meet and greet" prior to start so that you have the opportunity to meet the cleaner beforehand and show them what tasks you would like completed in the timeframe you have allocated to the clean. Unless organised otherwise, the cleaner uses your products and equipment for a regular service so this also gives you a change to run through where everything is kept, what products you want used on what surfaces and anything else that you feel will be important to receive the most efficient clean. Regards, Absolute Domestics

Just wondering if anyone in the Sydney area has had an issue with theft and also damage?

Angry customer asked on Aug 08, 2016

Answer this

I became very suspicious when the lady cleaner was always wanting to change the day that she came . I suffer from inflammatory arthritis of the hips, knees , sacroiliac,spine and sacrum , but I'm not in a wheel chair , but I am home every day . I got the feeling that she would prefer I wasn't here at home each time . Cleaning was of an expected level . I would get txt messages asking to change the day , every session !! When I queried as to why , she quit . I'm not a fussy demanding person , just grateful for a job done , as most women are!
AB Dom would send another girl out , but the same thing happened !!! I might have made myself a cup of tea ( 3 hour clean ) but I was outside even in winter , not wanting to interfere at all because I REALLY NEED A CLEANER...
I was approached by the office with an issue apparently (?) and that maybe I needed a couple to clean at twice the price . This made REALLY suspicious because I had never complained, just always at home no matter what day the lady would change it to . My only conclusion could have been that she was " put out" by a person being home at the time . Let me make myself clear though , at no time did I explain nor did I feel I had to , my condition ( disability ) I felt that I was paying for a service - regardless of the reason .
I have had 2 cleaners over a period of 16 years , privately sourced ladies who were 100% reliable and satisfactory , friendly people . Both these ladies moved on due to divorce and the selling of the family home and subsequent moving to cheaper areas .
I don't believe, what I will now call " constructive hype " about AbDom . I went through 3 different ladies in 3 months . There is only one reason a person would like to be alone in another persons house , in my opinion .
PRM