Review rating:

melbourne

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

good product! Worth of money.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

life near coastline. very humite during spring and winter. calll ausclimate. the staff explain things clearly. delivery arrive on time and use the machine for nearly a year, works well. it help pull out lots of water in spring and winter. used ir for drying cloth in laudry. works really well.

melbourne

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

great product. work well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Bought one last year during spring/summer, i live near the coast. It help pull out lots of water in my house. now it use it for drying my cloths in my lundry, and it keep my room dry. great product to invest. it is not combine with a air purifier, and i need to purchase one from them.

Surfcoast, Victoria

Date Purchased: Mar 2014

This machine made breathing with chronic mould illness bearable

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

This machine made my illness better if raining, damp in a mouldy rental. Suffering nasal dryness, pain breathing, sensitivity to chemicals, digestive symptoms, chronic illness. I was bedridden. This machine dried out the air; breathing was bearable.It doesn't have that harsh plastic smell when running; unlike the Delonghi I tried.

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

It works!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2017

The Ausclimate is a terrific investment. We have a large house with a vast library and art collection, all the things that are susceptible to moisture - the dehumidifier has drawn out bucket loads of water and with it the unpleasant smell of damp. Knowing nothing about dehumidifiers, I researched the subject when heavy rains in Sydney had resulted in a bad leak through the ceiling. The smell of damp which had been an issue in the robe room prior to the leak was now awful throughout the house - and I was setting up for a party with family flying in from interstate. I settled on the Ausclimate as the specs were good, such as cfc-free refrigerant. Everything stated in their brochure is true re size, efficiency and benefits. I spoke with Ausclimate by phone, they were helpful and provided good advice as to which model I required and how to set up the initial session. I bought the unit over the phone from Betta Home Living their Sydney rep - the machine was delivered as promised on time. I ran the dehumidifier through the entire house, a section at a time during five days, and extracted unbelievable litres and litres of water. Our house was dry within days. I've also used it to dry laundry, it's so efficient. No more mustiness nor smelly rugs.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

This has been a life saver for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

So grateful to find this product. I was severely becoming depressed trying to cope living in a house with a lot of dampness and mould around through winter. This has saved me having to move. I am still working on each room, but will update as I go. It is amazing the water it draws out!!
It arrived overnight and came with so much after sales help as well.

Comments

Just updating now 6 months later. I did not need to use the unit through the hotter months. Now the weather is cooler I have found it handy to help warm the house up without having to run air condi... read more »

GREAT INVESTMENT…..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2016

I would first like to say a big Thank you Russell for his excellent service and advice. Russell spent an hour on the phone advising which dehumidifier was best for my home. I purchased the 35 litre and I couldn't be happier.
I live on the Central Coast, the dehumidifier has eliminated all the moisture and mould problems I had in my home..
It has also eliminated the musky smell on my clothes in the wardrobe, I am amazed at the results this product has achieved and so will you be!!!
I am a very satisfied customer the product and service are first class…

John Stratton...

• 1 comment
Private message

The company Ausclimate is fantastic... the courier, not so much

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2016

I sent an email yesterday with some questions to confirm i chose the right product. I had a phone call back from Ausclimate within a couple of hours and Russell spent an hour going through things with me. He even said he could likely have it out to me today. The courier company Fastway, obviously don't rate customer service as highly as AusClimate. Despite the tracking advise saying the package would be delivered today, there was no attempt at delivery and no response from the courier. A day housebound, looking forward to another tomorrow. Thanks Fastway for the stellar indifference.

Sydney

Verified Purchase

Great product. No more moisture problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2016

Bought two of these to control a house with really bad moisture problems. Things were starting to get mouldy. We started up at 50% humidity and it was like hearing a water fall. We managed to fill the machine every hour for most of the day. Removed musty smells. 1000% better now. We are using this on continuous dripping I'm a timer which works great. Recommended!

Maleny

• 1 comment
Private message

Should have had this forever ago!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2016

Have lived in Qld 16 years and been battling mould for same. Leather shoes and bags going mouldy, clothes musty, breathing problems and feeling unwell. Despite using ceiling fans to move air and opening windows and having fresh air and breezes mould and mustiness has been an ongoing problem. We have lived in Maleny the last 2 years. Great air flow breezes and north facing BUT the level of humidity here is astounding. It can be 99% when it is not even raining and the temperature feels coolish. When we first bought the house we pulled all the carpets up bcos of the smell and then sealed all the subfloors as well and put new carpet down. I bought the 35 litre large with the help of Russell from ausclimate with a view to budget and performance. I was trying that very day to buy a 20 litre one from another company for the SAME price and only stumbled upon ausclimate when the other supplier did not answer their phone. Lucky me!! I am so impressed. Due to the high humidity here I had to run it longer for the deep dry but it pulled out litres and litres of water from mattress, carpet, underlay, wardrobes and even timber in the walls. There are clear instructions on how to get the best out of the machine and Russell is quick to answer any further queries. I was amazed at the water coming out. I stopped measuring after 12 litres in each room. No wonder the wardrobe contents were getting musty. With the door closed to the rooms I did not hear the machine. I did all the bedrooms and the 35 large would have been fine for the living areas but as I was so impressed I decided to buy a larger one too and use them in tandem. Russell gave me a great deal. This machine I will also review. Mould attacks the immune system and is really unhealthy. I wish I knew about these years ago they are cheaper to run than air conditioners and do a much better job. The large is on wheels for mobility. Initially I did not think much of the indent handles but soon found it was not hard to wheel around. A little bit grippier on carpet but quite manageable. I would like the numbers to be a little larger for temperature and humidity but I can read them without my glasses. It is easy to operate. I do need to remember though when I unplug it I have to reset the humidity to the lowest as it seems to default to a different one. Only when it is unplugged though so it is just operator error here only. Another advantage is that on a really humid day when the washing was still damp I put it in the room where I was doing a dry and it came out fresh and dry in a few hours. Mould is a frequent conversation point in Queensland and I have to precursor my raves about the dehumidifier with the fact that I am neither on commission nor a salesperson for ausclimate. Just when something is this good and has the capacity to improve health it is worth sharing. Ausclimate service is also above and beyond so a great package. I was despairing over mould and mustiness and worried over health but now feel very relieved to have this product.

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

I live on beautiful Norfolk Island and we had been having very foggy, humid, wet weather, everything was mouldy (very unusual for us). Russell organised the dehumidifier to be sent at very short notice on the next cargo plane. I love the dehumidifier. Works awesomely well for our climate. Thanks

Queensland

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Solid unit, top notch company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2016

Great model, high performance, nice functions with built-in humidity gauge.
Using on both master bedroom & bathroom.at the same time, 1-2 a week. it really help us get dust mites & mold under control.
Previously we had to use an air purifier which was a bit of a nuisance to keep buying & changing filters.
Note it's not quiet (but no dehumidifier is), running it behind closed doors on high setting can't really hear it.

Also totally impressed with the company, Russel is a top bloke hands down.
He sat and patiently explained the pros/cons, while demo test models, all in all 100% satisfied with my purchase.

The best brand on the market!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

Not only is this model absolutely fantastic (and faultless), the customer service provided is truly the best you will get from ANY business. These guys go out of their way to assist, troubleshoot and answer questions (even after you have purchased your product over 12 months on and need help). This is a great Australian business.
When I called to order my dehumidifier, the process was easy and no stress.
The machine is compact, easy to use and robust. It is easy to setup, clean the filter and empty water. It is a good size and collects a good amount of water. Great for our family home (3 bedroom). We live in an off-grid solar home and this product is very gentle on our power. We also live in one of the highest mould areas in Australia and this machine has helped our family significantly by helping keep the house dry and bring mould levels right down.
I purchased my dehumidifier in 2014 and it is still going strong, with absolutely no problems.
I highly recomend this product and any other products from Ausclimate. I am so glad I finally got around to purchasing this and just wish I had done it sooner.

• 6 answers

Absolutely brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2015

I've recommended this dehumidifier to my friends. Three have purchased & find it as efficient as I do. It can pull 6 litres of water over 5-8 hours from my beach-side unit. I'm really pleased I bought this model with the larger capacity tank. I put the machine on as I walk out the door knowing it will turn itself off when the 6 L tank is full. On advice from Allan & Russell, I also use it in the laundry, like an airer, cheaper than the dryer. Also, every so often, for each bed: I strip the bed, shut the bedroom door and leave the machine to dry out the mattress. By reducing humidity I've reduced the dust mite problem. Our respiratory issues have reduced.

I've had it more than one year. In the beginning I used it daily, moving it from one room to another. Now I tend to use it once or twice every week or so, in all seasons. The air is dry & fresh. The carpet is dry. No more damp smells, no clammy humid air, no mould or mildew anywhere. This is a brilliant machine. I tried others & this is the best. Allan & Russell thank you very much. I am very grateful. Delivery A1, Support A1, Technical advice A1, Quality A1. After sales A1. Ease of use A1. All up, you can tell how enthusiastic I am. Highly recommended. :)

PS. Remember to clean the filter every so often.

How did I live without this machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

I have had my dehumidifier for a week now and it has been working non stop! I had a musty smell in my spare rooms and anything left on the floor would smell if left there for a day. It has removed litres of moisture from the rooms and everything smells so much better and is a lot healthier.
Russell in Queensland couldn't have been more helpful and the dehumidifier arrived within two days of ordering.
Highly recommend this company and product

Amazing Product - Great Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2015

I never write reviews but have done so here because the manufacturers of this product have exceeded my expectations both in the quality of their product and their customer service and deserve to be recommended.

Issue:
We had a big problem with moisture in our flat. This led to a mould issue that we could not eradicate. It became particularly problematic and we were continually suffering from respiratory illnesses. After spending a small fortune on moisture absorbers we decided to purchase a dehumidifier.

Initial Contact:
We spoke to several people who spoke favourably about Ausclimate's products. These personal experiences were confirmed by reading the reviews of this company on this website.

I contacted the number listed and spoke to Allan. He spent a good hour with me on the phone. I wanted to understand exactly how the dehumidifier worked before purchasing one. This was explained to me in plain English. I was asked questions and I felt that Allan truly listened to our issues with moisture so he could recommend the most suitable product for our needs.

We purchased the Ausclimate WDH-930DA. We would have purchased the more expensive model but in a gesture of honesty were advised that this be a waste of money as the above unit would be more than adequate for our home! This further confirmed for me that this business is run with integrity and professionalism.

Delivery:
The product was purchased online and delivered within 2 days. I liked that we were contacted once it had left the factory and provided with a courier number so we could independently track the progress of our delivery.

Product Performance:
We bought this dehumidifier due to the high level of customer service we received with our original enquiry however, the performance of the product itself has blown us away.

In the first day, we were able to extract 3.3L of water from a 3 x 4m room! This performance was repeated with the added benefit that we were able to use it to dry our laundry today.

Not only have our condensation problems disappeared but I have noticed a definite improvement in our respiratory health.

After sales:
We have had contact with the company who made sure we were satisfied with the product and advised us to call anytime should we have any further questions.

Recommendation:
Get one of these - you won't be disappointed!

SYDNEY

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers

Perfect Product, Perfect Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2015

We were constantly getting condensation on our bedroom windows, every morning, resulting in mould which had to be cleaned regularly.
We finally decided to purchase a dehumidifier. After doing some research and reading the great reviews for Ausclimate's products and service, we decided to contact Ausclimate for recommendations.
Firstly, let me say how refreshing it is to deal with a business with such profession and courteous service.
Having purchased and used the Ausclimate WDH-930DA for a while now, I am an as "HAPPY AS". Seriously, the water that we are emptying from the drain bucket daily is very surprising. At least 1.25 buckets of water per day.
Best part is, no more condensation on the bedroom windows, no more mould at the base of the windows and everything in my cupboards are now moisture free. We also use it in the bathroom to quickly get rid of the steam.

I'm not sure if the mods will allow this, but a huge thank you to Allan and Chris at Ausclimate for your advice and superb service.

Comments

Of course that should read "I am as Happy As". My apologies for the typo.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Before and after sales service outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2015

I went with this dehumidifier after speaking on the phone with the NSW salesman from Ausclimate. He was very helpful and asked lots of questions about our home to help me decide which model would be best. His background is in remediation water damaged buildings, so he knows a lot about moisture and humidity. The dehumidifier arrived when expected, we plugged it in and have been using for about one month now. It has a digital display to let you know the humidity of the room, a timer, a button to select the humidity you'd like to achieve and a large container for capturing water. As a previous reviewer commented, it would be really great if the digital display was backlit, but it isn't. I've never owned a dehumidifier before, but it is doing a vastly better job than the desiccant filled closet camels I was using and I wish I'd bought one years ago!
The best thing about this brand is the help from the sales staff. They know their stuff and gave me some useful advice that I don't think I'd have received on the floor of an appliance shop or department store, and certainly not from a website.

Update March 2016: we've just experience a long, humid summer here in Sydney; we've been giving our dehumidifier quite a workout, using it nearly every day. It hasn't missed a beat and I haven't had any issues with mould growing on our walls/ceiling since we our purchase.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Ausclimate: Exceptional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2015

When I first enquired about a dehumidifier from Ausclimate, I was given detailed product information and comprehensive instructions on how to use it effectively. The product performed flawlessly for about 12 months until the electronic timer failed. It only took a phone call to have the dehumidifier replaced, which was done in two (2) days.
[Name removed] and [Name removed] and their support staff responded promptly to phone calls and were extremely polite, professional, knowledgeable and efficient. It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with them.

This is Perfect... One happy mum...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2015

Recently we stayed with family who happen to have a dehumidifier they bought from Ausclimate
While travelling there we drove through some thunder storms and when we arrived we discovered to my husbands and two boys dismay the dirt bike gear and clothes was saturated. My sister in-law said no problem, she hung up all their wet gear, turned on the dehumidifier and next morning everything was perfectly dry. She raved about how good her dehumidifier was. It had so many uses besides keeping her home mould free. I had never heard of a dehumidifier until then.
I just had to have one!
We live in Melbourne and have an evaporative air conditioner that was ok most of the time but as soon as it looked like rain in summer the humidity inside our house became almost unbearable.
I also had trouble with mould in the bathroom and laundry so buying a dehumidifier was suddenly on top of my shopping list
As soon as I got home I called Ausclimate and ordered the same model, the NWT Large Dehumidifier. They were fabulous to deal with, so helpful.
I’ve only had it for a couple of weeks but I can’t believe the difference. Our house doesn’t feel hot and sticky and hopefully it will be mould free forever.
Trouble is my daughter now wants to borrow it so it looks like we are getting second one.
I would highly recommend buying a dehumidifier from Ausclimate to anyone.

One happy mum.

Verified Purchase

Great dehumidifier. Outstanding service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2015

We purchased the Ausclimate WDH-930DA a couple of days ago to help dry out a garage that gets damp during severe rain falls. The smell of it was truly bad and because it is used a lot, we were quite desperate. So I called Russel (who happens to live close by) and left a message. He promptly responded to my message and within the hour I had a unit at my front door. He himself installed it for me. The next day we got a call from Russel to check on how the unit was working and kindly offer to lend us a second one to speed up the process. Now we have two powerful machines working for our much needed garage. This machine is well worth the money (and so it is to live close to Russel!)

1 of 2 pages