Filter By:
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Very friendly and clear service said excactly how long it would take and they had me connected in a

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Very good had no issue signing up they where very helpful everything was done in a matter of a couple of days sending the modem and getting connected.

I have had no connection issues so far.

very easy to deal with would recomend them to anyone.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Glad to hear you are happy!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Could not reach the internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I was so impressed that the High-Speed service I ordered Sunday was connected already the following day. However, I could not get out onto the Internet and called Customer Service. It turned out that I had made a "typo" when setting up the modem. The issue was quickly resolved. Thank you, Barefoot.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Erik,

Happy Chappy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

I am more than happy with my service. To get connected was pain free, easy and free; ie, no connection or set-up fees. My service has been reliable, see you later telstra

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Richo,

Many thanks for your feedback!

Appreciate you taking the time to leave this review.

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great Service, quick and very affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I have had no problems switching to Barefoot Telecom from my previous provider.
They are friendly, efficient and extremely helpful. Even better, their call centre is based in Australia and the people who take your call can understand what you are asking!
NBN FTTN Speed is fine and slightly faster than our previous provider ( we have in one of those areas that just doesn't get great NBN speeds no matter how much you pay).

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi John H,

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Useless company. 5 Weeks without service. Why is it never their fault?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Ordered ADSL2+ internet more than 5 weeks ago, and I still don't have any service.
Called customer support and they kept saying it's not their fault and they can't do anything about it, and tells me to keep waiting.
Find another company!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Perth

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Dishonest provider but no problems with the internet connection.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

When I sign up with Barefoot it was during a promotion of getting internet for $59/month with the 1st month free. They charged me for the first month & when I question this they said I will be getting the 2nd month free. After a few months I notices I still hadn't had a free month so I questioned this & they said that promotion has expired now so I will not be getting a free month but I am now on a 'promotion' that means after 6 months of signing up they are going to be automatically taking $69/month (which they didn't ask my permission for) out of my account instead. I thought this was misleading & dishonest so I made a complaint & they backed themselves up. I think its wrong that company's can lie to you about getting something then taking extra money out of your account without even asking. I haven't had any issues with the internet itself.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Amy, Thanks for your review, glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We can confirm that at the time you signed upm our promotion for the second month free expired - this was rep... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Affordable with Great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Haven't had any service problems, but they contact you if there may be any connection issues in the area
Very responsive, helpful and polite support team.
Overall very affordable and reliable service.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Alison,

Great value & personal Australian service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

So far I am 100% pleased with Barefoot Telecom. All seems to be reliable. No dropouts.
I've only ever phoned for a query or support, both of which have always been happily and efficiently managed by Australian based staff and with lovely customer service.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ingrid,

Many thanks for your feedback!

Appreciate you taking the time to leave this review.

Great service, friendly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Barefoot are very reliable, friendly and offer a great service. They occasionally have drop outs but these are usually followed up with explanation e-mails or texts.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the review!

We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience.

Binningup, Western Australia

• 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

So far, very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Quick service connection time (same day - for same connection type as previous provider - FTTN). Very responsive broadband service. I haven't had to contact their customer service centre yet (one month in) so I can't vouch for what they are like. But the service itself seems fast and reliable, and good value for money.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Adam,

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Stay away! Will never give you any service, LIE to you, then REFUSE to refund you, and then blame yo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

All email exchanges and correspondence with Barefoot have been uploaded to an image hosting site for reference and evidence, to prove that this review is unbiased and supported with claims

I will check back regularly to see if the link is still working, if not, it will be re-uploaded.

Let me address each point one by one from the title.
First of all, do NOT believe any of the positive reviews, they are all fake accounts made by Barefoot to boost their own score on ProductReviews.
If you click onto each individual profile, you will see that all the accounts which gave positive reviews were created on the day (or one day prior) of the review, WITHOUT reviewing anything else. Barefoot does this daily to keep their scores up against the numerous bad reviews.

Now onto the actual review
(All points addressed will have evidence provided to keep this review unbiased)

*****1. No Service.

Placed the order on the 14th September, received an email from Barefoot on the 18th, saying the order is being processed, and I will hear back from them in 3 business days with an update (Which never happened, no updates were received at all)

During this time, as I had an old service active, I emailed Barefoot, to delay the activation until the 27th September, in which they agreed, and stated that the billing cycle will not start until the 27th September.

On the 27th September, I emailed Barefoot again, as there was STILL NO internet, I received a response from Barefoot confirming that there was no internet indeed.

*****2. Barefoot LIES to you

At this point, I was extremely fed up, so I called Barefoot to get some answers. The customer support team tells me that I have no internet, because the request is being rejected by OPTUS, and when I ask why, they said they have no idea why, and they are UNABLE to find out for me.

When I asked why I haven't been updated about the requests being rejected, they told me that they HAVE notified me through email and SMS, but due to a systems error, I didn't receive it. At this point I requested a callback from a supervisor, and I was told I will receive a callback in 15 mins.

After about 45 minutes, I finally get a callback, they told me that, the internet is done through TELSTRA, not Optus (You don't even know which company you are providing internet services from??)

Furthermore, I was then told that there was NO systems error, and they DID NOT notify me.
When asked why, they replied that "there was no need to notify you, it has only been 10 business days since you signed up, this is within our reasonable time frame not to provide internet."

I asked them: "In the email, you said there will be internet on the 27th September, why is there still no internet"

They started to stutter on the phone: "Well umm, look mate, uhhh, when we say the 27th, we don't really mean it's actually going to start on the 27th, it's just an approximation mate"

I was furious: "There was no mention that this date was approximate in the email. What's the approximation? A few days? A week?"

Barefoot replied: "We don't know."

I then asked, "Okay then, when will I have internet? Can you give me a guaranteed time?"

They said: "That's hard to say, it can be another 2 weeks, 1 month, we don't know."

I replied: "So you're saying, that I may never ever get internet, forever, and Barefoot has no legal obligation to do anything about it."

Barefoot: "Yeah, that's right, when you sign up, you signed all your rights away in your waiver, it says that we don't have to provide any services to anybody within any time frame, without any consequences."

*****3. Barefoot blames their problems on you

On the 28th September, Barefoot sends me an email saying that my service is active, I immediately setup my modem, and it worked for a few hours, and then it suddenly stopped working (DNS server stopped responding), no matter how many times I restarted and re-setup my modem (With a CD and manually)

At this point, I was mentally exhausted having to deal with so many problems with Barefoot, so I called them immediate to cancel the service and refund my charges.

The person on the other end was extremely hostile

Barefoot: "This is most likely not our problem, your modem is probably broken."

I replied: "I am fairly sure that's not the case, it was just working fine before."

Barefoot: "We've had lots of people with a working modem, and then they suddenly just broke for no reason, it happens."

I replied: "I find that hard to believe, that's ok, I will ask for a refund instead of dealing with Barefoot."

Barefoot: "Look mate, why are you changing companies? You can't just run into some problems with a company, then change companies, all the other companies will have the same problems as us!"

I replied: "I want a refund, and if not, I will be reporting this issue to the TIO."

Barefoot: "If you report us to the TIO (Ombudsman), we won't refund you, we will just wait for a letter from the TIO."

(Barefoot THREATENED to not refund me if I report them to the TIO (Ombudsman) )

I replied: "Ok, I won't make a report if I receive a refund."
They said they will pass the information onto the billing team.

After the call, I took the modem to my friends house, it works perfectly.
(I had to make sure, because after all, if it is my issue, then I can't blame Barefoot)

*****4. Barefoot REFUSES a refund.

I receive an email on the 4th October from Barefoot, saying that, they still haven't charged me $59 for the line connection fee, and since I owe them $59, they will NOT be processing a refund.

That's completely irrelevant, Barefoot insisted that they don't provide a stand-alone internet service, and they insisted that they connect the line for me.

And I have not received a SINGLE BIT of service from Barefoot, so it's irrelevant whether the line is connected or not, because there has NEVER BEEN an internet connection.
Barefoot will use any excuse to get out of refunding you.

This report is more than 1300+ words and has taken me over 2 hours to write, no person in their right mind will go out of their way this much to write a report like this, unless they deem this to be the most appropriate action after being BULLIED by Barefoot.

If any PR from Barefoot wants to respond to this, and has trouble finding which points to respond to, I will make a summary for you.

1. Why has Barefoot told me the internet service is provided by Optus, when in fact Barefoot's internet is provided by Telstra?
2. Why haven't I received any updates within 3 business days as stated in the email by Barefoot? (not just 3 days, updates AT ALL)
3. Why didn't I get a callback from the manager in the stated time frame?
4. Why did Barefoot lie to me and say that you DID notify me, but there was a systems error, which caused me to not receive any notifications? (Then later admit that no notification was ever actually sent)
5. Why was there no internet on the 27th September as stated in the email?
6. Why did Barefoot tell me, the date of the 27th September is just an approximation? When in the email, it doesn't state that this date is an approximation?
7. Why did Barefoot blame me for having a broken modem as the reason for the lack of internet, when the modem works perfectly fine? (Modem tested at another location)
8. Why did Barefoot threaten to not refund me if I make a report to the TIO?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. Firstly, the claims you have made about fake product reviews are incorrect. All of our reviews on Product Review are 100% genu... read more »

"Imagine if we refunded everyone who asked for a refund, we'd have to refund tens or hundreds of thousands of people! The company would go broke!" - Barefoot Manager, 2018. I will elaborate on this... read more »

Is there anything you would like to say/rebut Barefoot?

Perhaps release all the phone calls as evidence if you think my review is biased and unfair?

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

An improvement over previous providers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

So far an excellent supply. A few teething problems sorted out quickly and pleasantly with obliging people easy to understand.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Alan,

The Barefoot team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Barefoot is just a great company.
We have used Optus, we have used Telstra and there’s always a reason why “We Cannot Do This” whenever a problem arises. While Barefoot have a “Can Do” attitude.
With Barefoot it’s always” is there anything else we can help you with”, problems have always been resolved within a very acceptable period of time.
Have Been with Barefoot now for over 12 months and have No hesitation in recommending them to friends and colleagues.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the review!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent, local, helpful customer service and reliable product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Had Barefoot ADSL2+ and now NBN. Connection is sometimes slow but I could upgrade my service to the next level for faster connection. Customer service is the best!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Miriam,

Toowoomba

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I have had no issues with Barefoot. When I first installed and had questions, they were very easy to get a hold of and talk me through what I needed to do. Installation was timely and easy. I tried BYO modem but it didn't work So I purchased the Barefoot modem - it was delivered super quick and it works great. Barefoot is great value for money.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mama P,

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Very good service from Barefoot - quick and friendly. Unfortunately ADSL speed was very slow due to the local connection and internal house wiring :(( Have to cancel because of this, but I'd still recommend Barefoot!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hope we can help you out once nbn becomes available.

Doonan

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: I don't know

Great Aussie customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

After having the service for over 18 months, its always been reliable. Customer service has always been great, it’s good to talk with someone local.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Paul,

The Barefoot team

No worries! Keep up the good service!

Sydney

• 8 helpful votes

Deceptive marketing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

The only reason I am awarding 2 stars is that they include the $10 discount (first 6 months) in the advertised price. It’s not cool to be dishonest to your customers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Steve, Thanks for your review. We are unsure why you believe this is deceptive, as it clearly stated both online and in our terms and conditions that the advertised price is a promotional offe... read more »

NBN Barefoot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

This company was so helpful when I got connected, I went with MATE to start with and I was very disappointed. They told me that my modem would be ok and when I got connected it wasn't the right one. I wanted to go with a company that spoke English and I didn't have to deal with Indians or other nationalities. They were very helpful and had me up and running within a week. I live in the country so I was a bit worried about not having a good connection. But the connection is brilliant, I have no issues with downloading or streaming.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Chelle,

Thanks for your review, much appreciated!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Awesome service never had any issue at all, thank you for providing such a great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

No dropouts, great service, fast reliable provider, no BS just pure old fashioned great service.... Thank you very much Barefoot Telecom

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Glad to hear you are happy!

1 of 17 pages