Filter By:

Best immediate service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

My new nbn connection was sorted out on line. Chat was available immediately, & I was provided with excellent customer service. Too easy! As I was using a pre used modem, Tony from tech support called me back & spent a very patient half hour talking me through resetting it. Awesome service.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Leah S,

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent Aussie Based ISP!! Very Happy Customer!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Gramercy_Riffs,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Not everything does go smoothly at all times but we work hard to provide the best experience we can for all of our customers.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Making the NBN Process Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I have just moved from a remote location where the telecommunications were terrible. So arriving in "civilization" it was time to connect to the NBN. I looked at a number of options.
What I wanted was unlimited data and some speed, no lock in contract and no home phone - I believe this is called naked NBN. Note many of the plans are only 12mbps - don't be fooled this is basic so I learnt, and this hit home when I read one "Techy Page" that basically said those who are complaining are only taking out 12mbps plans. So this was learning for me.
The main telecommunications provider was not considered due to price and what I consider poor service even though I had 4 phone services and a mobile broadband through them. Still waiting on a call back from 3 months ago about an outage. Also when speaking to them at their shop in the town I am in they were happy for me to pay out a number of my contracts and then take their service. As a result we took one phone service, my sons, to a yearly Optus pre-paid service. He only requires data and text and talk on rare occasions. Optus have a great plan there. (This was a $70 a month plan where the usual spend was upwards of $200 and even peaked at $470 a month due to data.). The other services will also disappear when the contracts run out in February.
I then looked at Optus however they had deals online and when I spoke to their store about a deal I wanted they couldn't offer it as it was only an online offer. I found this pretty stupid. What made it more galling was that after speaking to the salesperson and re-iterating on 2 occasions that I wanted the month to month plan I was emailed out a 24 month plan. My interpretation of this is that they were trying to lock me in which I didn't want.
Next port of call was looking at a whole host of other providers and reading reviews. Do yourself a favor and read the reviews if you are looking at a plan. Try and sift the chaff from the grain.
I went to TPG but was not willing to accept a number of their conditions. This was having $20 in your phone account for calls - which I didn't want - and then forfeiting that if you close the service. Sorry too hard a sell and too many conditions especially for a 12mbps plan.
I then read reviews about Barefoot and spoke to them. Wow what an experience. A local call center in this country, no hard sell, in fact told that it would be quicker for me to buy my own modem as I would be connected before their modem arrived -, quick connection and excellent support. They listened to what I wanted and supplied. For a $69 a month plan I get no lock in contracts, 25mbps, and excellent support. If you require support all the time then they might not be for you as their call center is only available Monday to Saturday 8:30am to 7:00pm. (But really once you are hooked up why would you need the call center? If you do and regularly require support maybe they don't need you? ) I spoke to them and signed up late Wednesday afternoon and by early Friday morning the family and I were surfing the net. (Their SMS to tell me my connection was active came through at 7:32am.)
My experience is that the NBN market is a jungle. You will find other reviewers rave about their experience with other providers and no one size fits all. If you are in the market for NBN, actually anything - took me 6 months of research before I bought a boat - DO THE RESEARCH and work out what suits you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Clinton,

Thanks for sharing your experience, we agreed that comparing all the plans and ISPs offering NBN services is the best way to choose an NBN provider.

Regards

The Barefoot Team

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent Customer Service and happy with the dealing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

Using Barefoot service service for the past 6 months. Excellent Customer Service and very good in resolving Technical issues. Keep up the good work Barefoot Team
Thanks and Regards
Soju

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Soju,

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards
The Barefoot Team

New Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

After being with iinet for 7 years i finally got sick of paying for a service i was not getting (at the end my download was .57 mbps, and i was paying an extra $10 a month for a booster pack). Anyway deciding to switch to NBN i thought its time to try something new. My friend was checking providers and came across barefoot. I had a read of the website and also reviews and there were so many more positives than any other i had seen so thought - lets give it a go. This was on the 22nd June. So after a few questions by email and my utterings of not understanding the NBN I signed up online on the 25th. I spoke to Adrian on the 26th (sorry for the indecisiveness of what I wanted) and the order was altered (after I finally made up my mind). My modem was delivered on the 28th June and my account was activated on the 30th. I had a bit of a hiccup and spoke to a lovely fellow (sorry i missed your name but you will have it all on file) who helped me through it all and got me up and running. So okay you have to leave a message and wait for a call back, but i much prefer this to static noisy overseas call centres who half the time i cannot understand. Barefoot team you have 100% thumbs up from me so far - lets hope this is a long and happy friendship.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Janek,

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Fan-Bloody-Tastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

The customer service at Barefoot is beyond impressive, they are always happy to speak with you and sort out any issues that may arise. ADSL2+ speed is slow BUT that is a Telstra issue as Telstra own the infrastructure for my address, but that's another review haha. I have spoken with John, Adrian and a few others and their service skills are impressive, I am treated like a human when I call Barefoot, that's why they are so great

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi B Jay,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy!

Much appreciated from all the team.

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great price and customer service - No issues with Barefoot!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

I'm on FTTN and was connected in August 2016 - connection was great and easy, modem delivery was quick and the customer service was fantastic. I had a couple of hiccups to start with, and rather than calling them I placed an email via the website, and was called first thing the next day by the Aussie customer support staff (from his mobile, on his way into work) - resolved the issue that day.

Also find helpful the messages they send to me via mobile to give us a heads up about service outages etc. I'm recommending Barefoot to family and friends, so that's a fairly good indication of my experience.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Steve.E,

Glad to hear of your great experience and connection. There will always occasionally be hiccups but we work hard to provide the best support when things do go wrong.

Thanks for the review!

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Excellent customer service and great Internet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sarah,

Wow, what can we say. Cracking review and glad to hear you have had a great experience!

Great so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

I have been with Barefoot for several months now, and have nothing but good things to say.
The customer support is based in Australia, and the customer service is great. I also love that when there is an outage in my area, I receive a SMS to notify me, before I waste my time calling in. Great internet provider. :)
Highly recommended

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy!

Much appreciated from all the team,

New and over the moon

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

NBN. So far thrilled. All staff I have dealt with have been great. They helped step by step to get it all working they were very patient, kind and knowledgeable. Recommended for product, price and staff.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Felicity,

Thanks very much for your great feedback!

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Absolutely amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

By far, Barefoot has been the best internet company I have dealt with. I applied for their services online one evening at 8pm and the next morning my internet was already active at home! Really happy with their service and their professionality. I strongly recommend them to everyone!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sergio,

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Excellent internet provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I changed from TPG to Barefoot and they have been excellent. The connection is good and their support team is very friendly and helpful. When you call them you don't have to wait for someone to take your call, you simply leave a message and they always call back very quick after. One of the best thing was that there wasn't any setup fee and no locked in contract. And lastly, "Barefoot Telecom" is a cool name :-)

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Hoegsdal,

Thanks for your review mate! We work hard to ensure we offer every customer the best experience possible, and we love the name too :-)

1 of 9 pages