Filter By:

Great value & personal Australian service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

So far I am 100% pleased with Barefoot Telecom. All seems to be reliable. No dropouts.
I've only ever phoned for a query or support, both of which have always been happily and efficiently managed by Australian based staff and with lovely customer service.

Great service, friendly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Barefoot are very reliable, friendly and offer a great service. They occasionally have drop outs but these are usually followed up with explanation e-mails or texts.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the review!

We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience.

Binningup, Western Australia

• 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

So far, very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Quick service connection time (same day - for same connection type as previous provider - FTTN). Very responsive broadband service. I haven't had to contact their customer service centre yet (one month in) so I can't vouch for what they are like. But the service itself seems fast and reliable, and good value for money.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Adam,

Brisbane

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Stay away! Will never give you any service, LIE to you, then REFUSE to refund you, and then blame yo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

All email exchanges and correspondence with Barefoot have been uploaded to an image hosting site for reference and evidence, to prove that this review is unbiased and supported with claims

I will check back regularly to see if the link is still working, if not, it will be re-uploaded.

Let me address each point one by one from the title.
First of all, do NOT believe any of the positive reviews, they are all fake accounts made by Barefoot to boost their own score on ProductReviews.
If you click onto each individual profile, you will see that all the accounts which gave positive reviews were created on the day (or one day prior) of the review, WITHOUT reviewing anything else. Barefoot does this daily to keep their scores up against the numerous bad reviews.

Now onto the actual review
(All points addressed will have evidence provided to keep this review unbiased)

*****1. No Service.

Placed the order on the 14th September, received an email from Barefoot on the 18th, saying the order is being processed, and I will hear back from them in 3 business days with an update (Which never happened, no updates were received at all)

During this time, as I had an old service active, I emailed Barefoot, to delay the activation until the 27th September, in which they agreed, and stated that the billing cycle will not start until the 27th September.

On the 27th September, I emailed Barefoot again, as there was STILL NO internet, I received a response from Barefoot confirming that there was no internet indeed.

*****2. Barefoot LIES to you

At this point, I was extremely fed up, so I called Barefoot to get some answers. The customer support team tells me that I have no internet, because the request is being rejected by OPTUS, and when I ask why, they said they have no idea why, and they are UNABLE to find out for me.

When I asked why I haven't been updated about the requests being rejected, they told me that they HAVE notified me through email and SMS, but due to a systems error, I didn't receive it. At this point I requested a callback from a supervisor, and I was told I will receive a callback in 15 mins.

After about 45 minutes, I finally get a callback, they told me that, the internet is done through TELSTRA, not Optus (You don't even know which company you are providing internet services from??)

Furthermore, I was then told that there was NO systems error, and they DID NOT notify me.
When asked why, they replied that "there was no need to notify you, it has only been 10 business days since you signed up, this is within our reasonable time frame not to provide internet."

I asked them: "In the email, you said there will be internet on the 27th September, why is there still no internet"

They started to stutter on the phone: "Well umm, look mate, uhhh, when we say the 27th, we don't really mean it's actually going to start on the 27th, it's just an approximation mate"

I was furious: "There was no mention that this date was approximate in the email. What's the approximation? A few days? A week?"

Barefoot replied: "We don't know."

I then asked, "Okay then, when will I have internet? Can you give me a guaranteed time?"

They said: "That's hard to say, it can be another 2 weeks, 1 month, we don't know."

I replied: "So you're saying, that I may never ever get internet, forever, and Barefoot has no legal obligation to do anything about it."

Barefoot: "Yeah, that's right, when you sign up, you signed all your rights away in your waiver, it says that we don't have to provide any services to anybody within any time frame, without any consequences."

*****3. Barefoot blames their problems on you

On the 28th September, Barefoot sends me an email saying that my service is active, I immediately setup my modem, and it worked for a few hours, and then it suddenly stopped working (DNS server stopped responding), no matter how many times I restarted and re-setup my modem (With a CD and manually)

At this point, I was mentally exhausted having to deal with so many problems with Barefoot, so I called them immediate to cancel the service and refund my charges.

The person on the other end was extremely hostile

Barefoot: "This is most likely not our problem, your modem is probably broken."

I replied: "I am fairly sure that's not the case, it was just working fine before."

Barefoot: "We've had lots of people with a working modem, and then they suddenly just broke for no reason, it happens."

I replied: "I find that hard to believe, that's ok, I will ask for a refund instead of dealing with Barefoot."

Barefoot: "Look mate, why are you changing companies? You can't just run into some problems with a company, then change companies, all the other companies will have the same problems as us!"

I replied: "I want a refund, and if not, I will be reporting this issue to the TIO."

Barefoot: "If you report us to the TIO (Ombudsman), we won't refund you, we will just wait for a letter from the TIO."

(Barefoot THREATENED to not refund me if I report them to the TIO (Ombudsman) )

I replied: "Ok, I won't make a report if I receive a refund."
They said they will pass the information onto the billing team.

After the call, I took the modem to my friends house, it works perfectly.
(I had to make sure, because after all, if it is my issue, then I can't blame Barefoot)

*****4. Barefoot REFUSES a refund.

I receive an email on the 4th October from Barefoot, saying that, they still haven't charged me $59 for the line connection fee, and since I owe them $59, they will NOT be processing a refund.

That's completely irrelevant, Barefoot insisted that they don't provide a stand-alone internet service, and they insisted that they connect the line for me.

And I have not received a SINGLE BIT of service from Barefoot, so it's irrelevant whether the line is connected or not, because there has NEVER BEEN an internet connection.
Barefoot will use any excuse to get out of refunding you.

This report is more than 1300+ words and has taken me over 2 hours to write, no person in their right mind will go out of their way this much to write a report like this, unless they deem this to be the most appropriate action after being BULLIED by Barefoot.

If any PR from Barefoot wants to respond to this, and has trouble finding which points to respond to, I will make a summary for you.

1. Why has Barefoot told me the internet service is provided by Optus, when in fact Barefoot's internet is provided by Telstra?
2. Why haven't I received any updates within 3 business days as stated in the email by Barefoot? (not just 3 days, updates AT ALL)
3. Why didn't I get a callback from the manager in the stated time frame?
4. Why did Barefoot lie to me and say that you DID notify me, but there was a systems error, which caused me to not receive any notifications? (Then later admit that no notification was ever actually sent)
5. Why was there no internet on the 27th September as stated in the email?
6. Why did Barefoot tell me, the date of the 27th September is just an approximation? When in the email, it doesn't state that this date is an approximation?
7. Why did Barefoot blame me for having a broken modem as the reason for the lack of internet, when the modem works perfectly fine? (Modem tested at another location)
8. Why did Barefoot threaten to not refund me if I make a report to the TIO?

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. Firstly, the claims you have made about fake product reviews are incorrect. All of our reviews on Product Review are 100% genu... read more »

"Imagine if we refunded everyone who asked for a refund, we'd have to refund tens or hundreds of thousands of people! The company would go broke!" - Barefoot Manager, 2018. I will elaborate on this... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

An improvement over previous providers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

So far an excellent supply. A few teething problems sorted out quickly and pleasantly with obliging people easy to understand.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Alan,

The Barefoot team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Barefoot is just a great company.
We have used Optus, we have used Telstra and there’s always a reason why “We Cannot Do This” whenever a problem arises. While Barefoot have a “Can Do” attitude.
With Barefoot it’s always” is there anything else we can help you with”, problems have always been resolved within a very acceptable period of time.
Have Been with Barefoot now for over 12 months and have No hesitation in recommending them to friends and colleagues.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the review!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent, local, helpful customer service and reliable product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Had Barefoot ADSL2+ and now NBN. Connection is sometimes slow but I could upgrade my service to the next level for faster connection. Customer service is the best!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Miriam,

Toowoomba

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I have had no issues with Barefoot. When I first installed and had questions, they were very easy to get a hold of and talk me through what I needed to do. Installation was timely and easy. I tried BYO modem but it didn't work So I purchased the Barefoot modem - it was delivered super quick and it works great. Barefoot is great value for money.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mama P,

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Very good service from Barefoot - quick and friendly. Unfortunately ADSL speed was very slow due to the local connection and internal house wiring :(( Have to cancel because of this, but I'd still recommend Barefoot!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hope we can help you out once nbn becomes available.

Doonan

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: I don't know

Great Aussie customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

After having the service for over 18 months, its always been reliable. Customer service has always been great, it’s good to talk with someone local.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Paul,

The Barefoot team

No worries! Keep up the good service!

Sydney

• 8 helpful votes

Deceptive marketing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

The only reason I am awarding 2 stars is that they include the $10 discount (first 6 months) in the advertised price. It’s not cool to be dishonest to your customers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Steve, Thanks for your review. We are unsure why you believe this is deceptive, as it clearly stated both online and in our terms and conditions that the advertised price is a promotional offe... read more »

NBN Barefoot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

This company was so helpful when I got connected, I went with MATE to start with and I was very disappointed. They told me that my modem would be ok and when I got connected it wasn't the right one. I wanted to go with a company that spoke English and I didn't have to deal with Indians or other nationalities. They were very helpful and had me up and running within a week. I live in the country so I was a bit worried about not having a good connection. But the connection is brilliant, I have no issues with downloading or streaming.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Chelle,

Thanks for your review, much appreciated!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Awesome service never had any issue at all, thank you for providing such a great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

No dropouts, great service, fast reliable provider, no BS just pure old fashioned great service.... Thank you very much Barefoot Telecom

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Jason,

The best NBN service provider in Brisbane

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Absolutely cannot fault there guys, been with them for years and recommend to everyone.. The service they provide is amazing, all Aussie company, smart people behind the scenes who are personable, friendly and helpful. I had issues with the modem cause my house is like a gigantic black hole. The guy I spoke to offered solutions and walked me thru everything, and was unbelievably patient. Then I get a call 6 weeks later to give me a discount on the big modem I bought cause the just put price down and felt terrible because I'd been one of the first customers to buy the bigger one at full price. WTH? Totally unheard of service! So so so glad I gave Telstra the flick to try Barefoot, it'd never looked back.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Romsylspi,

Awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Got our NBN from Barefoot 3 months ago... NBN50 and I'm getting 43-45 Mbps constantly. Never had a downtime! Tech support is easy to deal with and actually know what they're talking about. Pricing is very competitive. I highly recommend them.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Francis,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great service, very solid connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Only a couple of minor short lasting (up to 5 minutes) drop outs during peak times. Speeds were always quite good. The lowest I obtained during peak hours seemed to be 34Mbps down, very happy with that. The customer service team is great and a pleasure to speak with. Managing your own account is also fantastic and the new website features for messing data is a great tool.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Deborah,

Perfect! Fast and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

What can I say? Service has been absolutely faultless from day one. Fast, reliable and good value. The only time I’ve had to contact support was for advice on selecting a router and they were friendly and helpful with that. Only once had a message warning about a possible outage in the area which never eventuated. Highly recommended.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Brandon,

Manly

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Very good service. I recommend.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Pros: Reasonably fast and usually consistent. No data limit.
Cons: Dropouts when you need most (peak hours) with quite long downtimes. Could be faster if fibre to the unit instead of to the building.
Price: could be lower but still ok.
Even though Barefoot is still the best provider I know of, there is still room for improvements.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Extremely happy with this provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

After years of struggling with Telstra I decided to give Barefoot Telecom a go when we moved. So glad I did. I had a couple of very minor issues in the beginning which were sorted immediately. Great to talk to an Australian, and I've already recommended Barefoot to family and friends

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sharyn,

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Connection is very reliable, no dropouts experienced.
When we were connected to the NBN the service wasn't connected and Barefoot telephoned to let me know and step me through the process of connecting.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Madleline,