Filter By:

Did my research Barefoot are Tops

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Had been with vivid for a long time but decided to go to NbN I rung I select they told me I was able to get 100mbps but I'd done my homework I asked if that's what I'd get to my home the man insisted that It was available, I hung up and did some more homework, I found reviews for barefoot so I rung them, I told them what I select had told me a great young man explained how NbN actually worked he suggested connecting us up at 25/5 to start with then use it for a while then review because he wasn't sure what our line would actually allow, I call that honesty I like honesty, so if you want a company that tells you the truth go with Barefoot if u want smoke and mirrors go with others

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Called Barefoot today at noon to enquire about their nbn plans and whether I would be able to use my own modem. Got to talk to a very helpful young man. To make a long story short, the nbn was connected at 4.30pm this afternoon. More than happy with the speed and would recommend Barefoot to anyone.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

When all is said and done, Barefoot did what they said they would do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I researched every single NBN provider available to my address for two months before finally choosing Barefoot. Initially I was sceptical with the waiver, but I am impressed and more than satisfied with the customer service, price and transparency. I had some issues with the first NBN technician....but this was the NBN not Barefoot. Saying that Barefoot, and in particular Adrian, greatly assisted me is arranging a second visit by a NBN technician and fully understood the issues I was having. Nice to deal with friendly, knowledgeable and local english speaking customer service unlike the service provider I left after 10+ years.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi RaeWolf,

Thanks for your cracking review and glad to hear you have had a great experience!

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Barefoot has an excellent service & product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Barefoot saved me big time with no contract, unlimited local calls included in the price which is $69 a month and to get your phone line connected (line already installed) only $69. All the others are a minimum of approximately $120 to $180 not including modem/router. I had a router already and it was very easy to get online. Also the customer service operator/salesman gave me a direct line where by I could call him so you're not just talking to random operators. The Barefoot Portal where you pay your bills and check usage is easy to understand and very simple, no fine print to bamboozle you. Very happy with the service with no drop outs at all. I'm running a P.C, iphone and Netflix/presto etc at the same time and there is no lag. Well done guys.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi ramjet007,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Thanks again for your great review, it really is much appreciated by all the team.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Reliable speed, competitive price n great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

All round very positive experience with barefoot since joining 1 yr ago on nbn fttp. Only a few minor interruptions, but all rectified within a few hours or less. We're updated with text messsges on progress when it happens. And if I email the support team, I get a reply within next business day. Professional business with the customer at its core. Proud to support Aussie enterprise

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy and that you have had a great experience.

Much appreciated from all the team.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Rapid response to connection issue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

My NBN went down one evening, I did the usual things. In the morning it hadn't come back to life.
I rang Barefoot support, all lines were busy, but left my number and they called me back within 10 minutes.
They did some tests and pushed the incident up to NBN, who came out that afternoon and fixed the broken copper.

My neighbour with a major telco is still waiting after 5 days.

Very happy with the connection speed and response from support.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi stigfinnaren,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Several million stars out of 5!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

The most awesome thing about Barefoot is their customer service. Reason? English speaking support personnel. Not only do they speak English, they understand the Australian vernacular. I can achieve understanding of my issue in less than 1 minute, compared to other providers' offshore call centres where I can explain a problem in 5 different ways and still be at square 1 after a 30 minute phone call (excluding the 2 hours on hold! :-)). I just had an issue with my 100Mbps FTTN connection. I spoke with a support person, and when he found out that I was working in the IT field myself, he chose to troubleshoot the problem with me instead of following a pre-prepared script. As a result, my problem was resolved on the phone in less than half an hour instead of me having to sit around for days or weeks with a dead internet connection. Barefoot Telecom is without doubt far ahead of the field as far as ISPs and customer service go. As you can see by the subject header, 5 stars is too few stars for an adequate rating. I would strongly recommend connecting up with them.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi xusia,

Wow, what can we say! Thanks for your cracking review and we are very glad to hear you have had a great experience!

Barefoot team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

wonderful and thoughtful technical support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

i am so grateful to Barefoot for having so wonderful technical supporter, like Tony. after moving house, i can't connect to internet, Tony tried many different ways in my out of date computer, intended to solve the problem for me. thank you Tony, God bless!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ken,

We will also pass your feedback onto Tony :-)

ADSL changeover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Spent many years with Sloptus being given the run around on the phone.What a pleasure it now is to ring and within a minute talk to someone who doesn't put me through to dept after dept. great service and will definitely be staying with this.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi malcolmw,

Consistent speed and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

When I was ADSL 2 with Telstra I was lucky to get 3.5Mbs. Since transferring to barefoot I consistently get 20Mbs+ on my VDSL modem with their NBN. Their customer service is also friendly, helpful and gets you results. When the NBN people didn't even bother to turn up for my installation I let Barefoot know and they got it sorted and were very polite and apologetic even though it was not their fault. Considering this is a no contract no set up fee service I find them amazing. As someone who has had net since the 1st dial-up days I know how rubbish most service is. Such a pleasant change. Highly recommended.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Carrolyn, Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy even though not everything has gone ahead as planned. When there are issues that arise we will do everything we can to s... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Can't wait to start streaming Netflix and Stan again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

NBN fixed wireless already connected via another provider who dropped their 50mbps download plan. Congestion was so bad at night I could barely get 5mbps.
Researched all ISPs to see who offered 50mbps on fixed wireless. Shortlisted about 8 all the same price and ended up chosing Barefoot based on reviews here but principally because they hire local support and do not send business offshore.
Signed up for an account at 11.25 am Friday morning.
At 6pm that night I got an SMS that the service was connected.
Waited until this morning and entered a few settings in my router but I had issues with not accepting user name/password.
Rang support and left a message. Which I much prefer - I absolutely loathe sitting waiting to connect. I was rung back in less than 5 minutes.
Spoke to Ralph then Kevin - because my stupid Telstra mobile dropped out mid conversation.
And they kept ringing me back until they got through. Not me having to chase anyone.
Checked through a few settings in the router Kevin worked out what the issue was - bang I was connected.
At the moment I am getting 32.28 Mbps download. Fantastic on fixed wireless NBN where I am just on the edge of the coverage area. And I speed tested on an ipad on wireless two rooms from where my Netgear D6200 router is located. So I am ecstatically happy.
Can't wait to see what I get tonight.
I am a real person. No-one has offered me any incentive to review. The suppport from the two guys was brilliant. Lets hope the speed keeps up.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mary, Thanks for your fantastic feedback! The whole team here works hard to ensure every customer receives a great experience. We will also pass on your feedback to Kevin and Ralph. Thanks aga... read more »

Hey folks just want to add we are over the moon. We have had between 37 Mbps to 42 Mbps each night since starting. We expected less with night time congestion like our other providers. Its just wo... read more »

Hi Mary,

Thanks again for your feedback, it really is much appreciated and glad to hear you are over the moon with your service!

Sydney, Australia

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Sensational service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Switched to Barefoot NBN about a month ago.
Performance is excellent: typically 75-80M DL.
Setup was trivial.

Had only 1 outage since which was because NBN Co are still digging up the roads in our area. And this is where Barefoot have really shined: their customer service is excellent.

I rang to report the issue, was connected to a real live human being within the first 30 seconds.
A few minutes of investigation confirmed that the fault is real, so then a service request immediately lodged with NBN Co, with a promise to follow up periodically over the next 24-48 hours.
Problem was fixed the following afternoon, with 2 text messages informing me of progress as it happened.

This is exactly the sort of ISP I need.

Very happy!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi david, Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy even though not everything has been smooth. When there are issues that arise we will do everything in our power to sort the... read more »

Great Price, Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I contacted Barefoot yesterday about swapping from current nbn provider due to ongoing issues with speed and service. Easy peasy transition and the new connection was ready last night! Less than 12 hours! Amazing. Speed is already superior and we're paying the same amount for the same 'speed' connection. Super happy.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi BigMummaLaughs,

NBN Connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Service with these guys is terrific. Have been using them before change to NBN which was seamless. They reconfigured my modem over the phone in no time. My previous experience with solving problems ( probably of my making ) with Barefoot has been extremely good. Its great to call up and speak with someone in Sydney who knows whats going on and can fix it.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy!

Much appreciated from all the team,

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

10/10 Barefoot have nothing to hide.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

Moved from TPG to Barefoot as their offer is better, didn't expect them to be better, but they are, a lot better.

For a reasonably small newcomer, Barefoot make the big telcos' look like amateurs. The transition from TPG couldn't have been easier. Remember years ago when we had true 'customer service', well Barefoot have bought it back.

I was skeptical at first but after chatting with them on-line, I soon realised they weren't trying to 'sell' me something, they were actually being honestly helpful. Decided to use the Modem/Router they provided and it is much better than expected, great range in a large house, money well spent.

Barefoot use the iPrimus ISP equipment, so far so good. I have a 25/5 bundle averaging between 18Mbps to 23Mbps so very happy with speed.

Important: Start with a 12 or 25 plan/bundle before choosing a faster plan. Why you ask? Well, you can go faster anytime but only if your connection can handle the speed you want, best to find out first.

So, when the technician is installing the NBN in your home, ask them the MAX speed of your line. Their equipment measures this when they do the connection, mine was just over 40Mbps. This means I could go to a 50 plan and get the possible max of 40 but 100 plan would not be any faster, just cost more. It's a 'Fibre-to-the-node" thing.

Anyway, Barefoot, highly recommend.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Brett G,

Glad to hear of your great experience and connection! There will always occasionally be hiccups but we work hard to provide the best support.

Thanks for the review!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible, slow and unusable service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Experienced constant service dropouts (there were entire days when the connection wouldn’t stay up any longer than 5 mins) and extremely slow connection speeds of less than 5 Mbps down on ADSL2+, made the service totally unusable.
Called support and was told to try a different modem and get the phone line checked, even though I explained that I had a fast and reliable service at the same premise with a previous service provider. I had no choice but to switch to another service provider who can actually provide a fast, reliable and usable internet service. Very disappointed with Barefoot.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Will,

We are sorry to hear this, can you please call or email our support team and advise if you have been able to resolve the drop out and speed issues with Telstra or another provider?

The Barefoot Team

Barefoot Telecom was the cause of the drop outs and speed issues (as per my review above). When I switched to another provider my Internet service returned to an acceptable state.

sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

100% A Lot Better Than All Other N.b.n Internet Providers.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

Very,very happy with all aspects of BAREFOOT TELECOM, they are a well run company & have quality staff,I got the N.B.N connected,no problems when it was set up,quick,easy & professional, best customer support I've seen,very quick speed Internet, 5 star company

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sarah,

Best immediate service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

My new nbn connection was sorted out on line. Chat was available immediately, & I was provided with excellent customer service. Too easy! As I was using a pre used modem, Tony from tech support called me back & spent a very patient half hour talking me through resetting it. Awesome service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Leah S,

Thanks for your kind words, we love hearing that you are happy!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent Aussie Based ISP!! Very Happy Customer!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

After reading countless forums and researching who to go with after being with iiNet for over 7 years I decided to give Barefoot Telecom a go and I am so glad that I did! Barefoot are locally based so you don't have to speak to a foreign call centre and be bounced around from dept to dept. Barefoot customer support are very professional and responsive and I am so happy I chose them. Connection was instant as soon as the NBN equipment was installed and I was up and running in no time.

I did unfortunately experience a VOIP issue a couple of weeks after connecting to Barefoot however they rectified my problem swiftly and got my phone service back up and running, they also credited me with 10 days free VOIP for the inconvenience which a nice surprise. I'm very happy with Barefoot and I highly recommend them as a positive alternative to other providers in the market.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Gramercy_Riffs,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Not everything does go smoothly at all times but we work hard to provide the best experience we can for all of our customers.

• 2 helpful votes

Making the NBN Process Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I have just moved from a remote location where the telecommunications were terrible. So arriving in "civilization" it was time to connect to the NBN. I looked at a number of options.
What I wanted was unlimited data and some speed, no lock in contract and no home phone - I believe this is called naked NBN. Note many of the plans are only 12mbps - don't be fooled this is basic so I learnt, and this hit home when I read one "Techy Page" that basically said those who are complaining are only taking out 12mbps plans. So this was learning for me.
The main telecommunications provider was not considered due to price and what I consider poor service even though I had 4 phone services and a mobile broadband through them. Still waiting on a call back from 3 months ago about an outage. Also when speaking to them at their shop in the town I am in they were happy for me to pay out a number of my contracts and then take their service. As a result we took one phone service, my sons, to a yearly Optus pre-paid service. He only requires data and text and talk on rare occasions. Optus have a great plan there. (This was a $70 a month plan where the usual spend was upwards of $200 and even peaked at $470 a month due to data.). The other services will also disappear when the contracts run out in February.
I then looked at Optus however they had deals online and when I spoke to their store about a deal I wanted they couldn't offer it as it was only an online offer. I found this pretty stupid. What made it more galling was that after speaking to the salesperson and re-iterating on 2 occasions that I wanted the month to month plan I was emailed out a 24 month plan. My interpretation of this is that they were trying to lock me in which I didn't want.
Next port of call was looking at a whole host of other providers and reading reviews. Do yourself a favor and read the reviews if you are looking at a plan. Try and sift the chaff from the grain.
I went to TPG but was not willing to accept a number of their conditions. This was having $20 in your phone account for calls - which I didn't want - and then forfeiting that if you close the service. Sorry too hard a sell and too many conditions especially for a 12mbps plan.
I then read reviews about Barefoot and spoke to them. Wow what an experience. A local call center in this country, no hard sell, in fact told that it would be quicker for me to buy my own modem as I would be connected before their modem arrived -, quick connection and excellent support. They listened to what I wanted and supplied. For a $69 a month plan I get no lock in contracts, 25mbps, and excellent support. If you require support all the time then they might not be for you as their call center is only available Monday to Saturday 8:30am to 7:00pm. (But really once you are hooked up why would you need the call center? If you do and regularly require support maybe they don't need you? ) I spoke to them and signed up late Wednesday afternoon and by early Friday morning the family and I were surfing the net. (Their SMS to tell me my connection was active came through at 7:32am.)
My experience is that the NBN market is a jungle. You will find other reviewers rave about their experience with other providers and no one size fits all. If you are in the market for NBN, actually anything - took me 6 months of research before I bought a boat - DO THE RESEARCH and work out what suits you.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Clinton,

Thanks for sharing your experience, we agreed that comparing all the plans and ISPs offering NBN services is the best way to choose an NBN provider.

The Barefoot Team

An update: It is now August and I have been with Barefoot for 2 months. Have not had one single issue with the NBN Barefoot connection.. My son has given the service a fairly torrid workout as he i... read more »

1 of 6 pages