Filter By:
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Issues with Account

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Currently dealing with a problem regarding Payments with Barefoot Support. They have been repeatedly told on multiple occasions that I can’t afford final payment of $123.00 right now after I officially cancelled my Services not long ago.

It seems like Support are blatantly ignoring my pleas as a excuse that I can afford payment when I made it crystal very clear I can’t at this Time.

Sorry, but I can’t recommend Barefoot Telecom at the present Time.

Bradley.

• 2 answers

Great customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

This service is great. I won’t rattle on about the speeds much, coz that CVC and NBN based. They have been great though. The main thing here is there customer service. Yes sometimes you have to leave a message and wait for them to get back to u. Personally I prefer this than being on hold. And when u do speak to someone, tSUPRISE...they speak English. Not only that but they don’t read from a script. It’s actually a proper help desk with people who have IT knowledge. Not some stupid muppet reading from a text. So refreshing....none of this please try a different modem and then your neighbours modem and so on. Actual proper help and not trying to pass the blame onto the customer all the time.
Thanks BF.....your call centre peeps are amazing.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Athena,

Wow, what can we say! Thanks for giving us a go!

Very glad to hear you have had a great experience.

Enjoy the connection :-)

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Faultless!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

We have been with these guys for several months now and everything has worked perfectly from day one. Our initial NBN connection date was brought forward due to a cancellation therefore our modem came after, one simple phone call quickly established how far away it was, and also an offer was made to rebate the days between connection and modem arrival, all done very politely and professionally I might add. In the time since we have had one very minor outage (a few hours) about which we were notified on commencement and resolution, in the same period our mobile phone cover from a certain established provider has been far from satisfactory for a total of probably 3 weeks!
We are now seriously considering using Barefoot for our mobiles too!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi PJE,

Thanks for giving us a go!

Very glad to hear you have had a great experience!

A breath of fresh air

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

First connection to the NBN. Everything worked, there was good follow up and great attitude from the staff. Very happy.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Andrew,

Exceptional customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

I've recently moved and have just been connected to the NBN. I cannot speak highly enough of the service that I have received from Barefoot. I researched my options and decided to go with Barefoot as I did not need a landline phone. From the outset they communicated clearly and frequently. They followed through on all the things they said they would do and did them when they said they would. The whole process was simple and without any hiccups. I look forward to an ongoing good relationship with Barefoot and I feel that should any problems arise with my connection at any point in the future I will be in good hands. As an interesting aside when I spoke to Telstra about a connection (the existing phone line had been inactive for 4 years) they insisted that the only way I could have any connection with any company at any time in the future was to pay them a connection fee (min $99) and a minimum of three months of line rental (about $120). I would then be able to change to another provider should I choose to. I was told this on two separate occasions by Telstra support. It turned out to be very deceptive on Telstra's part! I was at the point of feeling that I had no option but to initiate things with Telstra and change to another company later. However on speaking to the Barefoot team they explained that Telstra did not need to be involved at all. This proved to be the case. The NBN became available. Barefoot arranged everything. Connection was a breeze and I'm getting 44Mbps download speeds on FTTN. Thank you to all at Barefoot.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Brendan,

Wow, what can we say! Thanks for giving us a go!

Very glad to hear you have had a great experience.

Enjoy the connection :-)

Lovely people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Such lovely people. Tony was simply excellent and so understanding. Tony talked us through the internet connection and so gentle and thoughtful

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Nigs,

Glad to hear and very pleased that you have had a positive experience with our support team!

Thanks for sharing, we will also pass your feedback onto Tony.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Couldn't believe it was so straight forward

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

So glad I went with Barefoot for my personal internet. Just one quick phone call to them, sign up, have the modem two days later, plug in and off I go. Doesn't get much better than that. I wasn't looking forward to getting the internet put on in my new place but Barefoot made it so easy and painless - I still can't believe how easy it was!!!
Currently stuck in a two year plan for my business internet with Telstra and cannot wait to get out - apparently upload speeds of approximately 2mbps are acceptable. Well guess what Telstra, that's not acceptable and I'll be moving my business internet to Barefoot the day my plan expires with you.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sandy W,

We are glad that you have had a positive experience!

Thanks for your feedback, and look forward to having your other services with us soon :-)

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

It doesn't get much better than this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

When we changed to NBN I researched all providers mostly by reviews and price. Barefoot's reviews were excellent. I'm so glad we went with them. Customer Support is brilliant, they are always polite and helpful and you always get easy to understand Aussies when you ring. My son has just bought his own house and went with Barefoot as well. He was thrilled at the fast, professional and hassle free connection process. He said "Thanks Mum, they are awesome, you were right again !!"

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Happy as Shazzy,

What can we say, other than thank you!

Thanks for giving us a go and for your great feedback.

Your support truly means a lot to us, glad to hear it has all gone well!

Barefoot Team

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Been great

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Got NBN set up when i moved, I'd never even heard of barefoot before but was not going to go with other providers due to always having so many annoying issues and bad support- so now im very glad I gave barefoot a go because it has been great! No drop outs, great speed, really fast setup. There had been an issue where i was sent the wrong email about how the connection would be done, but it was followed up promptly and I was kept constantly updated about what was happening. The guys at the call centre are great as well. 44mbps download 12mpbs upload on the upto 50mpbs plan

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Phoebe,

• 3 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Once great

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I used to love barefoot telecom until they failed to fix my nbn properly and then their true colours showed... offered no support as they claimed there was no issue... refused to accept anything i had to say... now I'm with another isp and my internet is 15mbps faster out of a upto50 plan which tells me they don't allocate enough bandwidth to customers... their call centre is also a nightmare, can never get through, always having to leave a message and wait for a return call...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Buck, We are sorry to hear this. If we advised that there was no issue, this would have been the response we received from nbn, who own the network. Can you advise your account number with Ba... read more »

You had two months of ongoing arguements that showed you didnt care, youve had your chance, now wear the review... it worked out for me anyway as your lousy 30mbps out of 50 is obliterated by my new isps constant 40-47mbps out of 50...

Hi Buck,

As previously advised, if we advised that there was no issue, this would have been the response we received from nbn.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Performs well and their call centre is in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Barefoot FTTN 43.99 down and 17.33 up. Using a Billion modem and cat5 to the desktop to test speed. There is no point in testing via WiFi, you must hard wire to test the NBN speed as the quality of the WiFi and its limitations come into play. Set up was easy a month ago - and service has been consistently good at Terrigal NSW. Barefoot apologised as it was expected the service would not be on till the Tuesday - It was available by the Friday withing 24 hours of ordering.

Also the support is local - and they're helpful and didn't take the problem is your end stance, as one provider who I ditched always did. They actually listened and took ownership.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi simmo50,

Thanks for giving us a go! Very glad to hear you have had a great experience and your speeds are good.

Enjoy the connection!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fantastic and easy and it works

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Nbn works fine as described speed is as advertised
Installer Come on time and was polite
Easy to deal with
Great value for money
Barefoot good to deal with
Changed over from another company as they were full on mongo to deal with. Much better experience

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Wayne butter,

Brisbane

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

Super impressed by the customer service during the set-up process, they provided clear and concise communication and met all of the timeframes indicated.
The NBN service had been rock solid since, have experienced no dropouts nor any contention issues during the evening.
Would highly recommend Barefoot to anyone looking for a Telco that still believes in customer service.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Hayden,

Thanks for sharing, we are glad the setup process met all the timeframes.

Newcastle

Great provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

I've been with Barefoot for several months now,and my experience has been very positive. I have FTTN 50/20. They are an Australian owned and based company with Australian call centres. The staff that I have spoken to when signing up were great,keeping me informed of the progress of the connection. The day after I was connected,I received a follow up call asking if everything was Ok. Have to admit,I almost died of shock,because my experience with internet suppliers has not been good,and they were great! When my phone was connected,I received another follow up call,and since then,if any outages are expected,I receive a text the day before warning me..GREAT JOB GUYS!
I can highly recommend this company

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Angry,

We are glad your FTTN service is running well and you have had a positive experience with our support team.

Thanks for sharing.

Rockhampton

• 1 review
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Consider other providers

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Poor customer service and dodgy practices. NBN is fast but I would hardly put that down do barefoot rather than fibre to the building. Consider other providers in my opinion.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Alex, We are sorry to hear this. From our notes we can see you had a billing dispute about a service which you and your partner never requested to cancel. Please be advised we are a mon... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Great NBN provider !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I am
So very happy to have chosen Barefoot Telecom from the onset this company has been efficient and reliable what’s more the call centre is in Australia and calls are answered immediately !!!
Please do yourself a favour and use this company

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi ekul,

Thanks for sharing.

Good when it works

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

NBN Fibre To The Node FTTN package. Was easy to connect but often has frequent dropouts, requiring reboot of modem to get working again. Online and email support is non existent. When working, speed is good and I would rate 5 stars if not for the dropouts and poor customer service

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mark,

We are sorry to hear this.

The most common fault with a FTTN service is DSL sync drops.

Please call our support team so that we can raise a fault with NBN to try and resolve the issue.

Hobart

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

We recommended them to everyone, including family

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

We started using Barefoot on ADSL and it was great already, speeds were much better than other providers we had used including Optus. The service is impeccable with everyone i've been in touch with so far speaking perfect english and are obviously in Australia. Installation was easy and without delay and the same can be said when we upgraded to NBN. Barefoot have been without fault over the last 16+ months we've been using them.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ev.

Thanks for recommending us!

Please make sure friends and family but your name and account number on their orders so that we can apply referral credit to your account.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

SEAMLESS CHANGEOVER FROM ADSL TO NBN, WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

We switched from our ADSL phone/internet to an NBN fibre to the node phone/internet with BAREFOOT. We were changing service providers at the same time. The changeover went seamlessly. Everything happened as and when they said it would. Great communications, and it was a refreshing change dealing with an Aussie company with a local call centre based in Sydney. Staff were friendly, knew what they were talking about. We signed up to the 50 Mbps plan. Even though we were a fibre to the node connection in a rural area, and our premises being some 900 metres from the nearest node, download speeds consistently between 46 to 47 Mbps, upload 17 to 18.5 Mbps, irrespective of time of day, exceeded our expectations. Very pleased with the whole process, would highly recommend them. The phone works great on the VOIP connection, with a marked improvement in volume and clarity. It has been a few weeks now and connection reliable with no drop outs. The plan we are on is great value with unlimited download, and unlimited calls within Australia, including to mobiles.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing we are happy the transfer from ADSL to NBN went through with little fuss.

The Barefoot Team

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Million times faster than optus

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

Just signed over after 12 months of complaints to optus with no resolution. I bought my own modem from jb hi-fi for $200.(one they recommend) and I have been amazed at the difference between the companies. No dropouts at all, after 100+ dropouts a day with optus. Always fast phone help service too. No long waiting times like with optus. Very impressed. And Australian operated is a bonus. Keep up the good work. Don't give your money to the big companies. These guys deserve it with their Stella service.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Adam,

Thanks for giving us a go! Very glad to hear you have had a great experience and that we have surpassed expectations compared to Optus!

Enjoy the connection!