Filter By:

5 Star

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

NBN connection type which was set up promptly and accurately with a reliable connection with excellent Customer Service and Support.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Best internet service provider EVER!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Barefoot service highly recommended!!! They have been very proffessional at handling all sorts of customer support coz im a fuzzy customer and they always helped me at all times!! They did not even charge me for the late payments because i have been unemployed and its a huge deal !!! Most polite and priffessional customer service ever seen in my life!! What can i say please dnt spend money on big brands coz they have asian customer service and they treat customers well not very nicely!! Please move to Barefoot asap if ur stuck with a useless service provider! Huge thank u for Barefoot for being helpful! Also its more convienient if ur open all 7days too just my point of view. Thank u again !!

Excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I just transferred my NBN internet service from Telstra to Barefoot. If I'd known how helpful Barefoot would be I would have called them straight away but I tried to follow the emailed instructions and couldn't work out my modem's IP address. I called Telstra for help and the girl didn't have the knowledge to help me and had me doing Google searches for the information. Eventually I found it by myself but then managed to cut myself off from the internet by incorrectly entering the changes. In panic I called Barefoot. Kevin at Barefoot called me back promptly and he was amazing - so clear and methodical, nothing too much trouble - and he didn't let me go until he was sure that it was all working correctly. I feel confident that I've chosen the right internet provider!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Aileen, Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy and that you have had a great experience. We work hard to ensure our customers receive a great service. Much appreciated ... read more »

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

Excellent customer service from everyone that you speak to can't remember all their names but one was Gavin to set up our new modem ,he was very helpful and understanding also Adrian.Keep up the great work.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Vicki,

Glad to hear of your great experience and connection!

Thanks for the review!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Best data experience I ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Living 6 months in Europe and six months in Australia I have to cancel and restore my connection every six months. This goes smoothly with the professional help I have experienced.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ivan,

No problems in 12 months

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

I moved into an NBN connected property last year and took a while choosing a provider. Despite some poor reviews mentioning customer service, I decided on Barefoot Telecom, based on the absence of a lock in plan. It was the best decision I could have made, as I've not had a single problem in 12 months, and the customer service has been excellent. Now I'm having to move again (life in rented - argh) and am hoping Barefoot can help with NBN installation at the new place, as I can't live without this now...

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Armidale Lass,

Wow, what can we say! Thanks for your cracking review and we are very glad to hear you have had a great experience!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Best phone experience I've had regarding home internet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Read some reviews and sounded good so phoned and received fantastic telephone service right from beginning to when my ADSL connection was switched on..constant updates and only took 3 business days! Rang support and got fast and efficient friendly man who was patient and very knowledgeable!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Tina,

Thanks for your cracking review and glad to hear you have had a great experience!

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

I did a small amount of research and most reviews were quite positive. I rang them and got through to an Australian call centre. Always a plus for communication and Australian jobs.

The initial set up progressed well but through no fault of Barefoot, there were big problems with NBN. It did take 2 weeks and 1 day to finally get connected but it was clearly a NBN fault.

Whenever I rang Barefoot I either got straight through or they rang me back on average about 10 to 15 minutes later. They even rang off their own back once just to see how it was going. Staff were always professional and patient.

I would and will recommend Barefoot.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Old Man Emu,

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Not user friendly for multiple accounts management!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

1. Customer service is great, you don't have to wait when you call their CS. Their CS is the best in Australia

2. They use Telstra's phone lines in Sydney, it took 3 whole days to just wait for the technicians at home and more than 1 month to get the internet actually connected for 2 of the apartments and 2 weeks for the other 2.
While Exetel got my places connected within 10 days and able to send Optus' technicians to my places the next day after I called their CS. Exetel uses Optus's phone lines in Sydney.

3. Another downside is that I connected a couple of my places with Barefoot, and they separate my 4 addresses into 4 different accounts. When I wanted to check my bills, I have to log in 4 times for them while other utility companies actually let me manage all addresses in one account.

I decided to use other telecoms after I found these issues. Other than this, I'm happy with their customer services.

Barefoot should consider switching to Optus instead of Telstra in Sydney area.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Angus, Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback whether good or bad. We are glad to hear you are happy with our customer service, we strive to offer the best service possible. ... read more »

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Has been excellent since the beginning, great connection (3ms connection, 25mbps download, 5mbps upload, no degradation in peak times). Thought I needed to upgrade to 50/20, for the latest Foxtel HD, asked Barefoot support about it and received excellent advice from a techie, not someone in Mumbai reading a cheat sheet.
It'll take something special to pry us off Barefoot, if ever!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi bruce.tuck.94,

Glad to hear of your great experience and connection!

Rest assured we will always be in your backyard as we value local support :-)

Thanks for the review!

Barefoot team

No worries, it's pretty rare to get knowledgeable help without up/on sell pressure nowadays.
Cheers!

Barefoot Telecom Official

Thanks for your feedback bruce.tuck.94!

Did my research Barefoot are Tops

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Had been with vivid for a long time but decided to go to NbN I rung I select they told me I was able to get 100mbps but I'd done my homework I asked if that's what I'd get to my home the man insisted that It was available, I hung up and did some more homework, I found reviews for barefoot so I rung them, I told them what I select had told me a great young man explained how NbN actually worked he suggested connecting us up at 25/5 to start with then use it for a while then review because he wasn't sure what our line would actually allow, I call that honesty I like honesty, so if you want a company that tells you the truth go with Barefoot if u want smoke and mirrors go with others

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi mumwithmind,

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Called Barefoot today at noon to enquire about their nbn plans and whether I would be able to use my own modem. Got to talk to a very helpful young man. To make a long story short, the nbn was connected at 4.30pm this afternoon. More than happy with the speed and would recommend Barefoot to anyone.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Steve S,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Thanks again for your great review, it really is much appreciated by all the team.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

When all is said and done, Barefoot did what they said they would do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I researched every single NBN provider available to my address for two months before finally choosing Barefoot. Initially I was sceptical with the waiver, but I am impressed and more than satisfied with the customer service, price and transparency. I had some issues with the first NBN technician....but this was the NBN not Barefoot. Saying that Barefoot, and in particular Adrian, greatly assisted me is arranging a second visit by a NBN technician and fully understood the issues I was having. Nice to deal with friendly, knowledgeable and local english speaking customer service unlike the service provider I left after 10+ years.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi RaeWolf,

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Barefoot has an excellent service & product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Barefoot saved me big time with no contract, unlimited local calls included in the price which is $69 a month and to get your phone line connected (line already installed) only $69. All the others are a minimum of approximately $120 to $180 not including modem/router. I had a router already and it was very easy to get online. Also the customer service operator/salesman gave me a direct line where by I could call him so you're not just talking to random operators. The Barefoot Portal where you pay your bills and check usage is easy to understand and very simple, no fine print to bamboozle you. Very happy with the service with no drop outs at all. I'm running a P.C, iphone and Netflix/presto etc at the same time and there is no lag. Well done guys.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi ramjet007,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Reliable speed, competitive price n great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

All round very positive experience with barefoot since joining 1 yr ago on nbn fttp. Only a few minor interruptions, but all rectified within a few hours or less. We're updated with text messsges on progress when it happens. And if I email the support team, I get a reply within next business day. Professional business with the customer at its core. Proud to support Aussie enterprise

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sam,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Rapid response to connection issue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

My NBN went down one evening, I did the usual things. In the morning it hadn't come back to life.
I rang Barefoot support, all lines were busy, but left my number and they called me back within 10 minutes.
They did some tests and pushed the incident up to NBN, who came out that afternoon and fixed the broken copper.

My neighbour with a major telco is still waiting after 5 days.

Very happy with the connection speed and response from support.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi stigfinnaren,

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Several million stars out of 5!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

The most awesome thing about Barefoot is their customer service. Reason? English speaking support personnel. Not only do they speak English, they understand the Australian vernacular. I can achieve understanding of my issue in less than 1 minute, compared to other providers' offshore call centres where I can explain a problem in 5 different ways and still be at square 1 after a 30 minute phone call (excluding the 2 hours on hold! :-)). I just had an issue with my 100Mbps FTTN connection. I spoke with a support person, and when he found out that I was working in the IT field myself, he chose to troubleshoot the problem with me instead of following a pre-prepared script. As a result, my problem was resolved on the phone in less than half an hour instead of me having to sit around for days or weeks with a dead internet connection. Barefoot Telecom is without doubt far ahead of the field as far as ISPs and customer service go. As you can see by the subject header, 5 stars is too few stars for an adequate rating. I would strongly recommend connecting up with them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi xusia,

Barefoot team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

wonderful and thoughtful technical support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

i am so grateful to Barefoot for having so wonderful technical supporter, like Tony. after moving house, i can't connect to internet, Tony tried many different ways in my out of date computer, intended to solve the problem for me. thank you Tony, God bless!

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ken,

We will also pass your feedback onto Tony :-)

ADSL changeover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Spent many years with Sloptus being given the run around on the phone.What a pleasure it now is to ring and within a minute talk to someone who doesn't put me through to dept after dept. great service and will definitely be staying with this.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi malcolmw,

Consistent speed and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

When I was ADSL 2 with Telstra I was lucky to get 3.5Mbs. Since transferring to barefoot I consistently get 20Mbs+ on my VDSL modem with their NBN. Their customer service is also friendly, helpful and gets you results. When the NBN people didn't even bother to turn up for my installation I let Barefoot know and they got it sorted and were very polite and apologetic even though it was not their fault. Considering this is a no contract no set up fee service I find them amazing. As someone who has had net since the 1st dial-up days I know how rubbish most service is. Such a pleasant change. Highly recommended.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Carrolyn, Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are happy even though not everything has gone ahead as planned. When there are issues that arise we will do everything we can to s... read more »

1 of 7 pages

Hello, looking at connecting in a new property in Drummoyne NSW. Was wondering what the upload and download speeds are for your $49 unlimited ADSL2 is?

Milo asked on Oct 26, 2017

Hi Milo,

Thank you for your enquiry.

In order for us to see what you can get and advise speeds, we will need to do a service qualification check on your address.

Could you please email our support team your full address including any unit/street numbers to support@barefoottelecom.com.au

Regards

The Barefoot Team

Hi, I want too switch my I primus account to Barefoot. I am at The Ponds, NSW 2769. Do you provide service here and do you have enough band width to support an uninterrupted service. If yes, how long does it take to connect? Sam

VAnni asked on Sep 06, 2017

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

In order for us to see what you can get, we will need to do a service qualification check on your address.

Regards

The Barefoot Team

Aren't Barefoot and Mate Communicate the same company?

Vivian asked on Aug 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Vivian, Barefoot Telecom and MATE Communicate are the same company with two brands. This very similar to TPG and iinet, Telstra and Belong.

Hi Vivian,I've been shocked to see high end products & services I've got are'nt as good as they have said or should be for the high Cost of them,I thought you have to pay more if you want quality & I'm happy to do that,but the truth is I've seen many big name company's are shamefully ripping us off with cheaply made expensive products that don't do as good as they say it will or doesn't last very long,we are all ripped of hard & it's very wrong,from>"phillips-$500 shaver's,>dyson-$1000-animal pro vaccum cleaners,>"DJI-$2,200-phantom 4 drone,>"apple-$1,350-iPhone 6 plus & 7 plus>& many more that I've had big issues with,I found BAREFOOT are doing a very good job at what they do & to me that is priceless to me,>PLUS AUSTRALIAN BASED COMPANY-not made in China,we must bring back jobs for aussie's,make our people rich not China,

I didn't know they were the same until I read the post from Barefoot. I am with Barefoot & have found their customer service to be excellent & have had no problem with the service. My son is on Mate, which was recommended to him by one of his geeky mates & has had the same high quality service.

See all 10 questions about Barefoot Telecom