Terrible. Don't use them!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

We booked 3 flights to Vietnam, we made a mistake with the booking date by one day and tried immediately to rectify this. They would not help us without charging over half the cost of each of the flights.

Absolutely Dreadful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

The tax invoice said I’d get my flight confirmation within 72 hours. Despite my calling three days in a row now and emailing I still don’t have my flight reservation. I’ve lost out on tours as I don’t have the flight confirmation and I keep telling them this! And you wait over an hour on the phone before someone picks up.

Verified Customer

Don't give my refund back!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

They held my refund money for 4 month with their refund policy saying no more than 12 week in their confirmation email. The worst part is that they cheat their customers. They told me they still haven't receive the refund form the airline but I called the airline the staff told me they made their refund to Bestjet 6 weeks ago! I m now considering going through legal method to get my money back !!!

International Tickets Booking - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I booked 5 tickets for my family for an overseas trip from Sydney to Pakistan and paid in full online on 28 Nov 18.
I received a tax invoice and for the e tickets I waited for approx. 7 days 5 working days and I did not get any response or e tickets from these unprofessional people.
I sent an email but got no response finally I have lodged a dispute claim with my credit card provider. People please save yourself from these cheaters and unprofessional people. They should be banned and penalised by Australian government.

Terrible experience. 90 minutes waiting time to contact them, 2 months waiting for my flight confirm

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I booked my flight 6 months in advance. They will catch u because of the cheaper flights from others.
But they will give you a lot of trouble. My flight was changed 2 months before the departure time and no confirmed flight until 6 hours before my departure! 6 HOURS. Not few days before my flight. Few hours.

I had to ring the airlines myself and organise everything! Bestjet is worstjet! Very uselessssssss!!!

Need urgent assistance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Flying tonight unable to check in saying unpaid balances airlines say they are all good to go and to speak with you your contact number isn’t working

very bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

after booking my flight i had the return flight wrong , so i contact them and get nowhere after waiting 1 hour to talk to someone with a$ 287 difference in price ,, so i will never use this web site again the service is terrible .

Fraud agent do not book

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Do not book with best jet. They have the worst service ever. I had a medical condition and could not travel initial they said get medical later they said their cancellation fee was 690 and after cancellation they said I don’t get any refund at all coz airline has some taxes .. so basically my whole ticket was non refundable .. their queue is minimum of 45 min wait..they have no answers to what taxes are they talking about. Basically it’s a biggest fraud company which gives fake details about refund in the end no refund at all.

Took more than 2 weeks to recive tickets, stressful and nervous experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

This is my first experience with Bestjet, I have made the booking two weeks ago (tickets worth of nearly $5k) and was expecting to receive the etickets within 72 hours. Having received nothing after 10 days, decided to ring them. Painfully I was placed on 59th position of a long queue, decided to call them first thing in the morning next day. Called them around 6.00 am, I was able to get hold off someone within few minutes. It sounded like an overseas Call Center.

I was told the tickets will be issued within next 24-48 hours. Nothing else I could do other than waiting,,,,.

Received nothing within next 24-48 hours, again called them after two days at 6.00 am and luckily placed 7th on the queue; still had to wait for 40 minutes though.

Heard the same story again from a different person, Agent said they were prioritizing urgent bookings and told me to wait until I receive the e tickets within next 24-48 hours.

I expressed my dissatisfaction. I didn't have to go through all this pain and hassle but still awaiting e tickets at the time of writing this review.

Will keep you posted on the progress.

Feed back after two weeks............Finally received the tickets after two weeks. This was after three emails and three phone calls. They only replied to my first email. Each phone call costed me about 45 minutes including the waiting time. Biggest mistake I made was paying $50 for advanced seat booking, what a waste of money. It was a real scam. The seats were not booked, but I had to book the seats myself on the airline website. Not worth the hassle. I will never use Bestjet. Worst online purchasing experience in my life. Their customer service is very unprofessional and not showing any respect to the customers. Agree with some previous comments, this company should not exist, please be careful with these guys!!!!

Perth

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

EXTREME change fares, administration fares and terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I booked a flight with EK to travel return to Cairo for my partner and child at the end of Dec 18. Circumstances asked we return one week earlier so ok, I have fifteen years experience in the airline industry.

It's usually a hundred dollars to change a booking. But oh no. ADMINISTRATION fee is 140 dollars and change is 370 dollars PR PERSON! Furthermore Emirates (EK) has no longer the right to take control of the booking (POC) but they suggested this review in order for them to review their agents.

It's not only IMMORAL to charge such high rates but also totally uncalled for. The change is a rebooking and a reissue of an Electronic ticket. It does not warrant a fee that is almost 25% of the initial ticket price.
OVER 1000 dollars to change a ticket - and that is without even the difference to the booking class - which can only be equal or higher (which is normal procedure).

I have discussed with Emirates next steps to take it to the Consumer Protection Board as I would like other people to not fall into the same trap.

Furthermore I waited 1 hour and 2 minutes to even get to a customer agent, who although friendly, could only send me an email with a change request form. SERIOUSLY? 2019 almost and asking people to fill out a change request form?

I have learnt from this using Skyscanner, to make sure I review the travel agent offering the flight. I wasn't looking for the cheapest, I was looking for Emirates and what I got was an agent that clearly is SCRUPULOUS in its charges and fees - simply called BAD BUSINESS.

And especially for Emirates Airline.

Never again! I will never use bestjet again! Never!

My worst flight experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I wanted to change my flight but when I called them and managed to talk to them after 50 minute waiting in line they said I should fill out a form. Then, they sent me an email giving a quote of $1040 which includes $670 fare difference. This is while I could see the same price as my booking from skyscanner. I emailed them three times and they never got back to me. I had to call them again and wait for 45 minutes to talk to the operator....

Verified Customer

Don't use this company to book flights

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

This week, I tried to confirm the seating requests that I made though BestJet for an international flight that I'm taking with my family this Saturday. Since I couldn't see my confirmed seats on the airline websites, today I called BestJet to see what had gone wrong. The representative at first said that I had not made the requests and then, when she saw that I had, just kept parroting the company disclaimer that although they can make requests it is at the discretion of the airline to cancel them without informing either BestJet or the customer. I was told that there were only four scattered seats left, even though we are a party of five, and that she could request to book those. According to BestJet, there was nothing else they could do. I asked if she could call the airlines and was told that it wouldn't make any difference. This was followed by more of the company disclaimer, so I hung up.

I called Air Canada and China Eastern. Both airlines deny ever receiving any seating requests from BestJet, but were very helpful and allowed me to book different seats so that we could sit together. Air Canada suggested that I ask for a refund from BestJet for the seating request because that isn't something that the airline charges for when people are travelling with children under 12.

Considering how close we are to leaving, it was upsetting that BestJet was so unhelpful. I have used BestJet in the past for international travel, but I won't be doing it again.

Abusive and rude

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I bought a ticket on bestjet.com and when I was trying to do my check in I could see my schedule was changed to the flight back, so I called to my the flight company and they said I could change my flight, I asked if I could change for free the flight out to 7 days before and they said I could, but I had to contact the website that i’d Bought the ticket. So I’ve contact bestjet.com and 1 week after they answered me say that I had to pay $750, I still trying to explain that i’d Called to the company and they had confirmed me that I didn’t have to pay Anything to change it. I’m really sad because they even answer my questions, still ignoring me.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

it is the second time I booked a flight with Bestjet. I paid the ticket but in last minutes my flight's details have been changed and I needed to wait in the Dubai Airport for more than 9 hours with no services. very disappointed. it would be my last time to use this website.

Horrible Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Booked flights through BestJet and was not notified of a change to departure time which meant I missed a connecting flight. Nobody at bestjet is contactable after hours. Eventually got in touch with them & they told me it was in the fine print to check flight time directly with the airline rather than them. Very poor service. Will not use them again.

• 1 review

Very crap service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Then have not refund me nearly 9 months now. They email me last month that they Are going to refund me this coming week. But still not get. Don’t book your tickets from this crap best jet site

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

BestJet Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Do not book with this company. They take your money via Skyscanner and not produce the tickets. They don't respond to emails and you cannot get through to them on the phone.

Scary but happy =)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Searched my flights with skysanner and proceed booking via bestjet website late yesterday afternoon.
(6 days to go to fly out)
Straight after I booked my flights I got an email saying "please allow up to 72 hrs to proceed your booking." I got a bit scared and I was curious about their reviews - checked it out and I freaked!
After a sleepless night, imagine not to fly from Australia to Germany to see my family after 2 years, I tried to ring bestjet this morning, but got queue position 56. Waited 35 min, ended up position 42 and gave up.
Nearly in tears I wrote a very polite email, explaining my situation. Within 40 min I got my etickets!
ONLY 18 hours after my booking! This is customer service!
I can understand frustrated customer, but respond so quickly is great!
Bestjet could improve a lot better, but well done!

Received the wrong flight time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

After booking online with BestJet for my flight from Darwin to Perth I received my booking conformation only to discover that I had been booked on the wrong flight. I had booked on the flight leaving at 14:40 but the e-ticket i received had me departing at 17:30. After calling the support number and remaining on hold for 1h 47m I finally spoke to a useless call center worker from the Philippines who claimed that the airline had changed the information. I explained to her that this could not have been the case because when i entered the booking reference number onto the airline website I found i had in fact been booked onto the 14:40 flight. She then said "so what is the problem then", whats the problem i asked, the e-ticket i received form BestJet had me departing 3 hours later, what if i hadn't checked the airline website, i would have not known and then I would have had to rebook in the day of the flight.

They are usless!

Terrible, terrible and terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Booked air ticket for my whole family ( 4 people), waited for a week, no ticket, cant find a contact number m, after email, got their number and called them, you need to wait at least one hour, after call through and told my reservation, staff said yes they will book it and email me in one hour, after about two hours, i received my ticket.
i thought great. checked in the air company's website, then only found out that they took 4 persons money but only booked one ticket.
Gosh, what kind of company is this.
i hope we can still book in the same fly.

i suggest, after compare the air company fare , go and book directly from the air company than using this online agency, it kills your life.

1 of 57 pages

I missed my flight does that mean i have to pay for full ticket?

Ejay asked on Oct 18, 2018

Answer this

Depends on airline and the type of fare rules applied for your ticket. You’ll need to see what are the charges for NoShow/Cancellation. But airlines would try to accommodate on the next flight (if capacity is available) for a fee.

When I look on the Bestjet site for a trip to Capetown, they are the cheapest and it is with Singapore Airlines. After reading many BAD reviews I am slightly nervous but being Singapore tickets, should I be worried?

claire asked on Oct 10, 2018

Answer this

The bad reviews seem to be related to ticket changes. I just bought a Singapore Airlines ticket to London. No proble,s at all, downloaded Sing Air app, my ticket was there and I selected seats. I’d only buy from Bestjet if I was certain I didn’t need to make changes, but looking on the app I could do it directly with the airline.

Its best you book with Singapore Airlines. Yes it will cost you an extra $100 or $200 but you will treated with respect and you will have help in case you need it. There is a good reason why these websites are cheap, if you need them all you will get is Filipinos with limited English in very thick accents reading you their terms and conditions. Millypillly said you can deal with the airline directly after buying the ticket, unfortunately thats not always possible if you bought the ticket through a third party.

I would not touch these guys. They issue tickets with incorrect names and the customer is responsible for getting it fixed

I'm looking to book multiple flights from Melbourne to hi chi mhin. Then from ho Chi Mhin to da Nang then return flight Danang to hi chi mhin and then return to Melbourne. Was wondering if anyone has book multiple flights and your experiences with best.jet?

Tracey A asked on Sep 28, 2018

Answer this

Yep - did a MEL-BKK-TPE-MEL multi in July . The only thing is that a discount web agent won't tell you about where you'll need to immigrate and grab your bags. In your case you'll most likely need to grab bags at HCMC (SGN) and go thru customs to the domestic terminal (about 5 min walk) and check back in.
I usually get the tickets from a discount agent, and then talk to the airlines directly about the details (like is my bag going straight thru etc).

See all 27 questions about Bestjet.com