Carlisle Homes is offering a 1 in 3 chance of winning an $500 Visa Universal Gift Card to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Sydney

• 1 question

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

We are building Indigo 29 with carlisle homes. Most impressive thing I noticed about Carlisle is their commitment towards providing honest quotes and time frame upfront, so that there r no nasty surprises afterwards.
My CLE and building supervisor has been amazing throughout, they have been providing updates regularly which is very important for me as I live interstate.
We have reached lock up stage and it has been wonderful journey so far.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Aman, Congratulations on reaching the lock up stage of your journey with us. We are so pleased to hear that your experience to date has been an enjoyable one. We are thrilled to read that des... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2019

Off to a good start

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

So far the process of starting to build with Carlisle is smooth. They’re flexible with appointment changes. They have an interesting website where you can customize your colors and our CLE responds to our questions in a timely manner. The process so far is organized and smooth. The Carlisle connect keeps us updated and gives us our appointment dates ahead of time so we wont miss out on important stuff. Very excited to build with them.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Joh645, We love that you find the website interesting and have been trying out our visualizer function. We also love to hear that you have logged yourself into the Carlisle Connect portal and ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Its nice systematic approach from the start. The whole process made it in such a way that looks really easy even if you are building your first home. By doing this they make you feel they are not just building your house but they are creating a relationship which makes you trust them more than any other builder. We are building Mattise 33 with them and looking forward to the same experience throughout. To the sales team, Client Liaison Executive, Colour team they all so far made us feel really comfortable. If you are looking for that comfort zone where you can ask stupid questions to your builder then Carlisle is the one you need to go for. We are looking forward to see our dream house build by Carlisle.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Ankit, We love that you are building our big, beautiful Matisse 33. We are sure you will love the finished product after you have added all your own special touches. It sounds like so far th... read more »

Amazing team work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Excellent communication and supported by the whole team, especially [name removed] who was sales support in Carlise home. She is very friendly and explained patiently to us step by step.The products that use in the house are all high quality. Very well managed by the team with the build. The most thing I love about Carlise is their communication, very fast and all the team are friendly. I am highly recommended.

Ps. The only thing is that I wish they have more options with the stairs for double storey house

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Mu ti, Thank you for your review. It sounds like our Sales Consultant set the tone for what was to be a great experience. We hope that you really enjoy your new home for many years to come.... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Impeccable Customer service! Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I highly recommend building with Carlisle Homes. This is my second build with this company and I have nothing negative to say about them. This time around I was blessed to be assigned a Client Liaison Officer called [name removed]. Her knowledge was of a high standard and if she did not know the answer she would make sure she got the answer for me promptly. She was kind, empathetic, professional, understanding and an excellent communicator. [name removed] was able to liaise with my demolition company as well as council on my behalf guiding me when I hit a wall to make sure that my build went smoothly. Any request made was followed up. She was never short with me and never made me feel silly when I asked questions. This woman truly needs a promotion. Thank you Carlisle Homes for hiring such amazing staff who understand how to liaise with customers and understand their needs. Thank you for having a process which is easy to follow. Thank you for taking the stress out and replacing it with confidence and certainty. Keep up the amazing job Carlisle Homes! Thank you [name removed]! You are truly one in a million! ⭐️

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Evie, What a review title Impeccable Customer service! Highly recommended! We love it! Thank you so much for choosing Carlisle for a second time. We are very excited to take this journey wit... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

We are off to an amazing start and can't wait to see the final product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I have signed my contract with Carlisle homes to build Canterbury 44 late last year in anticipation that my land would get titled soon after. However, title got delayed and site didn't start until late June this year. For me Canterbury 44 was a the first choice and my wife loved the kitchen and the master en suite. Since i am building my forever home, i wanted to be absolutely sure on everything i choose my for house. I have spent one full day for my Spectra appointment and the consultant was very helpful and thorough. She answered all my questions where she can and guided me very patiently throughout the day. Before finalizing the contract, i have made a number of changes (quite a lot actually) but my CLE has handled all of them quite diligently. As soon as my land got titled, Carlisle moved very quickly and finalized my drawings for developers and council approval. I have received both approvals very quickly, thanks to Carlisle's professionalism. Let me tell you that most of my neighbours have struggled to get developers approval due to strict guidelines. My site has started soon after and base stage was completed within 20 days from site start. Framing is currently underway and i am pretty sure that it will be complete in the next week or so. I have received a call from my site supervisor on the day of my site start and he called me every week ever since to give me a status update. My CLE is very responsive and answers all my queries in a professional and prompt manner. I am very happy with the communications and build progress so far. I can't wait to see the final product and provide another review upon settling in to my new home.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Niranjan, Thank you for your excellent review! We are thrilled that our Canterbury 44 was the perfect design for you and is going to be your forever home. It is so pleasing to hear that you f... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2009

Great follow up and customer service.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

We have lived in the house for 9 years and understand that it needs maintenance. However, cracks started appearing all around the house. We are very concern and contact Carlisle Homes. Thanks to the Structural Administrator, [name removed] and her efficient service, all concerns are cleared. She ensures that maintenance works are done properly and we are satisfied with the finished product.

But we feel that Carlisle Homes can improve communication during the handover. We have not been advised on the regulation regarding landscaping when we received the home. A lot of these maintenance works would have been avoidable.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Tan, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have had some concerns in regards to cracks throughout your home but it is great to note that our staff have dealt with them appr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

So far Soo Good!!! Like the journey with Carlisle Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I chose to build with Carlisle Homes after a detailed homework on the Floor Plans, Quality, Price, Promotions, Standard (of) Inclusions, Customer Service etc.. of Carlisle vs Other builders. For few months, I visited the display houses of most builders (incl. Big/Top one) and got myself attracted to Carlisle and ended up paying the deposit :-)

From the Sales Consultant ([name removed]) to my Color Consultants ([name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed]), I have been receiving excellent service and guidance. All-is-Well so far with Carlisle for me.

Looking forward to see my house built up with high quality!!!
I often feel that I have made the right decision building with Carlisle..Happy with Carlisle Homes!!!

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi magy, We love that you completed a thorough investigation of the market and the various offerings and decided to choose us as your preferred builder. Thank You ! Even better that things are ... read more »

Easy and professional process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

The quality of the build is fantastic. In our street, you can definitely tell which houses are a Carlisle (very solid build and beautiful build that stands out above the rest). Upon closer inspection of our property, there were (and still are) a number of things that aren't right yet, but we hope that they'll get corrected very soon.
The build was well-managed. [name removed] and [name removed] did a great job with keeping us in the loop on everything. This then ties in with great service and support by both staff.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Stephen, We really love that you feel your home stands proudly on your street. It sounds like you were provided with appropriate support throughout the build phase and things tracked rather ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Customer service excellent so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Haven't started building yet but so far the customer service received from [name removed] has been excellent

Constant updates and very courteous

Hopefully my house will be built to my expectations and I will be very happy to recommend Carlisle homes to friends and family

Looking forward to the build process and hopefully all goes smoothly with no defects and excellent customer service

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi pangers, Thank you for sharing how your experience has been to date. We are so pleased to read that your Client Liaison Executive is providing you with such excellent customer service. It is t... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Really Impressed by Carlisle Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

We were referred by a friend who had built with Carlisle before we decided to go ahead with Carlisle homes browsed across other builders, Building you own first house can be quite stressful process, especially during the colour selection process. We just had our colour selection done and we were really impressed with the entire process, Lovely staff member [name removed] who was our colour and electrical selection representative was friendly, patient, respectful and ever so helpful ! Our CLE has also been amazing ! We are happy so far to build with Carlisle we hope are positive they continue with same service and great work during our construction process too. Looking forward for the contract sign and the construction process.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Keyur Koradiya, We love the title of your review "Really impressed by Carlisle service". We certainly strive to provide a high level of Customer Service to each and every one of our clients. ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2011

Happy with overall home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

For a home of seven years the house has suited all our needs
We had a very streamlined process from the start; from choosing colours to organised inspections and further moving in. The team at Carlisle have always displayed great professionalism
When we have contacted Carlisle all issues have been followed up with within the same day and resolved within a timely manner
The build quality would’ve been overall 9/10 with minor cracks coming through and hairline cracks in most corners.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi TuyauM. Thank you for your review. We love that you have been in your home for 7 years and remain impressed by the quality and the service you have received. No doubt you have created some... read more »

Deer Park

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Carlisle Easy Living Range- It really was easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I've heard good things about Carlisle Homes from friends and workmates who've built with their Affinity Range. With my limited budget for my first home, I went with the Easy Living Range and I'm so glad I did because of their:

- Great value. Price was extremely competitive and included everything (site costs, council, developer requirements). There really was no more to pay!

- Floor plan. I've visited practically all display homes in new estates from Tarneit to Pakenham and Carlisle's open plan living really makes the space feel bigger than it actually is. Everyone who's visited my house so far and asked how big the house is don't believe me when I tell them the answer. :D

-Ease of process. Loved that there were internal and external colour schemes to choose from. Choosing everything would have been a nightmare for someone so indecisive like me. Also, my site start was 18/02/18. Got my keys 05/07/18.

- Customer service. The Easy Range Team were all helpful and pleasant to deal with. My sales consultants (BK & NA) really helped me stay within my budget and still build a great looking, quality home. They were honest and told me my options of getting a few stuff done after handover to help me with my budget. Actually paid less than their quoted price at contract signing due to my land no longer being in a bushfire area. That was a pleasant surprise at ccontract signing.

My CLE (LR) was a gem. I asked so many silly questions but she was patient, informative and always got back to me in a timely manner. I never got to meet her in person as I did my handover with my Site Supervisor (BC) in the house but she comes across as such a nice person who is genuinely happy to help.

Now, every build will have an issue or two. I was lucky my site supervisor (BC) was quite reliable . I didn't have any major issues, just minor issues on pci (e.g. new bath tub yet to be caulked as BC replaced the tub due to a small crack, paint touch ups, a broken roof tile) which were rectified before handover. Once i saw a broken cornice and asked BC about it, he had a bit of a chuckle, told me not to worry and that he was the one who did that because it looked a little crooked and he wants it done better. Just reassuring to know that someone looked after my home, making sure it's of good quality.

Been in 6 days now and I love, love, love my home! My heartfelt thanks to the entire Carlisle Easy Living Team for your great work.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Ldrei_08, What a fantastic review! We love that you have specified what made you select our Easy Living product and why you are glad you did! We are so thrilled to be your builder of choic... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2010

Structural maintenance - great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

The build quality of our home was average and has caused horrible movement damage, we feel the slab was not the correct one that we upgraded to and was offered to us.
The build was managed fairly well. We found that our supervisor lacked enthusiasm within his position.
The Customer service and support has been great and [name removed] and the staff involved in rectifying our issues have been very helpful and informative.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi MoniqueG, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read that you were initially disappointed with the build quality. Thankfully with the assistance and support provided by our Warranty Tea... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Exceeded my expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

At the moment we are awaiting construction but our journey with Carlisle so far has been awesome! Staff are super friendly! [name removed] who was our colour and electrical representative was so patient, respectful and ever so helpful ! [name removed] is our CLE is amazing as she cared enough to help us when we needed extra support with our contracts! We are ecstatic we chose to build with Carlisle, highly recommended !!

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi lucknow10, What a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to read that things so far are moving smoothly for you. The next exciting... read more »

Thank you Carlisle Homes!!

Clyde North

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Roof leaking - Could've lived without this and other unaddressed issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

General Review:

- Workmanship & Build Management - It depends on the subcontractors used for the job and site supervisor. In our experience though, the overall build hasn't met the advertised 6 star energy rating standard; roof and double glazed windows leak, doors draughty, so on. Some jobs still hadn't been completed by the warranty appointment. Carlisle only agreed to a second appointment after I'd pointed out that one of these outstanding jobs alone cost over $3,000. Unfortunately we're still finding areas where they've cut corners or literally left unpatched holes in the walls.

- Quality Assurance - Mistakes are understandable in such a massive undertaking, but it's how/whether they're addressed that set good builders apart. Some key concerns we raised were dismissed, but have reemerged as issues (aforementioned leaks). Even then, responses have been delayed with no explanation or apology offered. Our independent inspector, BSS Group, provided 3 reports during build. Some of these were not actually investigated before handover, contrary to what we were told by our site supervisor. We feel that the quality assurance practices they have in place need improving.

Example - Our independent inspector reported that the roof tiles dip oddly on two corners. As these were not fixed at handover, we followed these up in the warranty inspections. Carlisle's warranty manager and inspector both acknowledged the oddities but directed us to "monitor the situation" ourselves without explaining how we might do that, and they omitted this mention from their report because it wasn't leaking yet. It's about a fortnight since then and we woke up to a steady leak that developed overnight. Their weekend warranty officer suggested we puncture a hole in the ceiling ourselves while waiting to hear whether a plumber can come out at all. They then asked whether we'd been on the roof and damaged anything (only Carlisle tradespeople have been on the roof). When their plumber called, they understandably said they could only investigate once it stops raining. Forecast is that it will rain for the next few days. As with all the other issues, this could have been avoided if they had been responsive in the first instance, or at all.

- Customer Service - Reception staff have been helpful. Case managers less so as we paid off our balance. They're great at following up on survey responses and accounts. They aren't great at addressing mistakes. Some of their tradespeople were helpful and sympathetic during follow up appointments.

Advice:

- Appoint your own inspector in place of their suggested inspector - Carlisle appointed DJM Building Consultants for our build and our independent inspector's reports weren't always taken seriously, even though they picked up issues missed by DJM as our site supervisor acknowledged. Our inspector was dismissed as making a fuss to justify fees; this attitude partially explains why the final inspection report was still showing items that have been unaddressed from their first report. For reference, BSS Group visited the site three times during build and once again prior to warranty at our request.

- Ask about tolerances - When we've raised issues, Carlisle staff have typically acknowledged that Carlisle has some poorly designed features, but asserted that these are within tolerance and referred us to Bunnings for DIY remedies. They also laughed off other concerns as being nothing compared to issues at their own homes; this shouldn't have any bearing on the quality of the product they're contractually obligated to deliver.

- Don't add any building variations; they aren't worth the expense if they or relating features are poorly built - For instance, we paid extra for a thicker carpet underlay. Our site supervisor didn't patch up dips and irregular falls in the concrete slab because they're "within tolerance". The first warranty inspector acknowledged these areas are of noticeable concern. The second inspectors "investigated" by running their hands over one of the areas for two minutes and declared they couldn't find anything. My elderly mum stumbles walking in her own bedroom.

- Communicate in writing - Our site supervisor made verbal promises follow up on outstanding issues at handover - this never eventuated.

- Expect to take a lot of time off from work after handover to attend -and even organise- fixes.

- Look around and compare deals with different builders. Seriously consider a builder with a better design, quality build materials, and longer, fairer warranty periods.

In summary, while our experience has been more ridiculous, time consuming and frustrating than irredeemably terrible, I would not recommend a Carlisle home as being worth the time or expense. Still going through warranty, but it seems the most we can do is learn from this disappointment and prepare others going through the build process. Happy to answer any questions or provide supporting document for this review.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Penny, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are disappointed to read your review. It is our understanding that both our Warranty Manager and Warranty Administrator have s... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Couldn’t ask for any better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

After many issues with my previous builder and wasting 4 months on the pricing.
Finally we decide to go with Carlisle homes.
From sales consultant to spectra colour selection was fantastic service,the entire team were so helpful,friendly and extremely patient with us and all our questions .
We are now in contract stage within 2 months from initial deposit .
They respond to our questions with 24 hours which hardly any other builder can do that
We highly recommend talking with Carlisle homes before you settle on a builder

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Marinalianna, Thank you for choosing Carlisle Homes to build your brand new home. We are so honoured to be able to share in this journey with you especially as it can be challenging selecting ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2016

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

We build house with Carlisle after recommendation from friend and are happy with the results.Carlisle Team has provided excellent service in all stages of build. Carlisle Build quality is good, and customer service is amazing. Due to weather changes and building movements, we are facing minor structural issues."[name removed]" from Structural warranty department is patient enough to listen to the doubts and provided exceptional support in clarifying all queries and rectifying the problems. Overall we are happy with the house and thanks to Carlisle team for all the support so far.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Karan, Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Carlisle Homes to build your brand new home. Having a supportive team to share in the journey with you makes all the difference when b... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Dreams came true with Carlisle.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

We stepped into display house at officers and met [name removed], it was nearly closing time, but he is customer care skills won our heart. We signed with Carlisle without caring about floor plan. Then we met [name removed] who added colours in our dreams. [name removed] played the best part as being superb supervisor. Weekly updates and on time respond and inspections.
We got our house in 4 month. Our dreams came true when we entered such as duplicate copy of display house. Thanks everyone

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Aman, Thank you for your review. It so fantastic to read that you felt comfortable right from the start and prior to you even seeing any of our floor plans. We will be sure to pass along yo... read more »

Thanks so much

Ringwood north

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Good through build until issue arose in the end

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Never thought I had to delete my previous review and rewrite due to the disappointment and frustration Carlisle Homes has responded to our retaining wall issue. We settled two month ago despite we raised the concerns of the soil level drop from next door neighbour, our site supervisor suggested the next door then under Carlisle Homes Easy Living construction would need to build the retaining wall to prevent soil sliding and any water overflow issue exactly like the one we had to build according to our engineering drawing plan on the opposite side of our house. Our site supervisor told us he will be in contact with the neigbouring site supervisor as they are both Carlisle Homes to address the problem and it shall be resolved between them hence we do not have to worry about it. Now the next door construction have completed and the there is at least 600mm land/soil level drop! Both my neighbour and us reckon a retaining wall is necessary to keep both houses safe. We have been both trying to communicate with our site supervisors and CLEs from Carlisle Homes to get this relatively simple issue resolved so we can live in the houses without worrying about potential problems within our warranty and before their settlement. Despite our timely feedback, Carlisle Homes did not provide us any assistance but asked us to build out of our pocket! We have a fixed site cost contract and the retaining wall is not on our plan, and since the significant soil level drop is a result from land preparation and construction, we think the retaining wall is Carlisle Homes responsibility and disappointed that they do not take the ownership but to push to the owners to fix.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Gina, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed a retaining wall was not included in your package price. We understand that our Client Liaison Executive has o... read more »

1 of 90 pages