Carlisle Homes is offering a 1 in 3 chance of winning an $500 Visa Universal Gift Card to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Life Long Customers!!! Thank you Carlisle Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

We had an amazing experience from the 1st day we walked into the display home. Every single person we dealt with was great. Every step of the way we were treated with the upmost respect. Initially we were going to build with another builder, but after we experienced awful customer support, Carlisle really stepped up and showed us what building your dream home is all about. All the staff that we dealt with have been responsive and accessible. All our calls and emails were responded to and I never had to chase up for answers or support.

Apart from the amazing customer support, the final product exceeded our expectations. We have been in our new home for 6 months and have no issues. The workmanship is of high quality and really happy with the outcome. We would build with them again in the future.

Looking back at the process I really can't find any issues with the build. We are grateful on how smooth the build went. We highly recommend Carlisle Homes. One of the best choices we have ever made.

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Another over promised, under delivered builder – Worst building experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

We’ve built Granada 41 with Carlisle Homes (CH) and since the beginning they gave us nothing but headaches. We moved to our new home in June 2017 and still (todays date: 18/01/2018) we are arguing with CH management to get things fixed. No need to explain, CH has very poor customer service – even from the management level, full of mistakes (mostly to benefit CH) and won’t even follow correct Australian building codes.

I’ve sent an email to CH complaints dept., cc’ing the senior / construction / warranty management teams on the 20/12/2017 and haven’t heard anything yet.

This review is only to show the depth of poor customer service, Level of inexperienced staff /contractors, errors, questionable methods and practices followed by CH (non- VBA approved), hidden clauses on the contracts etc. I do have a full list of issues that we had to go through, but only noting a few here so the readers can get the taste of Carlisle Homes. Please don’t get fooled by CHs fancy advertising campaigns or the advanced marketing strategies, in our experience CH has no interest in their clients or the build as soon as they get the final payment.

1. Our site supervisor did not like the idea of us using independent inspectors to inspect the build. We had to follow up item by item on the independent inspector’s report to get them fixed, we had to spend money on re inspections as CH delayed fixing the items before the inspection date and this happened a number of times – Our private inspector found more than 15 issues on average (6 separate independent inspections) after CH inspector signing off the respective build stage.

2. Contract document preparation delayed minimizing the time we get to read it before the contract signing appointment – we were told, if we needed more time to go through the document it can be done, but consequently the site start will get delayed.

3. Never explained us anything about their “Alternative solutions documents” before signing the contract – Which are designed to bypass the VBA approved guidelines. There are 7 of these documents created by CH. CH won’t give you a copy of these documents unless you ask and they are not part of the contract. On the contract document there is an area where clients give CH permission to use these alternative solutions. We only found this by reading an online forum and had to request 5-6 times to get a copy of these documents.

4. Many errors on the final plans – many errors on the Building variation documents – surprisingly almost all errors / mistakes are to benefit CH and reduce the cost of the build

5. False information given to us many times – ex: we were told the reason for CH to change our evaporative cooling unit to another model is “product improvement”. This is misleading information from our CLE as we managed to find out from the manufacturer of the product that the replacement model is lower quality than the initial model. Later CH came back with another answer!

6. Site supervisor – Promised to give us weekly updates, and requested us to not to ring him throughout the week (on the first meeting). We accepted that in the beginning and waited for weekly updates, but there were times we waited for few weeks without any update from the building site (SS). We had to chase our CLE for weekly updates and she wasn’t able to give us any update most of the time.

7. Site kept very untidy throughout the build – had a water leak with in the Christmas break (for more than a month) and the building / construction manager showed very poor initiative to fix this issue – We ended up having to pay the water bill.

8. Couple of sliding windows were changed to sliding doors within the build. When we questioned about this initial response from CH is for us to pay more than $2000 for this to be changed back (as its past final plan stage). Weeks of arguments, 10-12 emails later we managed to prove it was a mistake from CH drafting team (made a change on the final plans without our approval).

9. Carlisle Homes wanted to get our signature on a Building variation (BV) plan to move the man hole location – We agreed to this change but later found out CH has secretly included a rendered board thickness change all around the house from 100mm to 75mm in this document. They never communicated this change to us. When questioned CH came back with multiple reasons for this change. It was apparently an automatic change from their CAD system according to our CLE and this is a product improvement advised by VBA! (another interesting answer from CH).

10. Installed non- matching door frame without our approval – Refused to change this saying it’s their standard practice. – internal access door frame from the garage.

11. So many other faults around the house – Damaged kitchen cupboards – scratched windows/window frames – scratched gutters / down pipes etc.

12. Major safety issues – electrical cable visible inside a heating duct. CH warranty management blames their electrical contractor for this issue. (yet to be fixed as part of the warranty inspection)

13. Tried to only complete half of the waterproofing saying that’s what they usually do – CH follows non- VBA approved standards to waterproofing houses.

14. Aggressive behaviour of the employees, uncooperative staff, poor responsibility and accountability in their own actions

This is only less than 10% of the issues we encountered with Carlisle Homes. Our concerns have previously been laughed off, ignored and continuously hand-balled around while our house continues to sit there without being fixed. It’s never a smooth building process with CH and CH always waited until we send reminders or ask questions about issues. Which means you are forced to project manage the building process when building with CH (If you expect a quality outcome) In our experience CH play the blame game quite well too and this can go for months. After our first experience we have no hope in using Carlisle Homes ever again and would not recommend to anyone we know.

Note to Carlisle Homes.: Please don’t comment here to get sympathy, if you really do care about your clients contact me directly and I will update this review. Our job number is J1003324.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Most amazing experience from customer service to SS on every stage!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

From our colour selection to contract signed up to every building stage, Carlise Home has been superb.
Our CLE and SS have been fabulous and supportive, no issue is small or big for them, they are always quick to action on any issue, which we had few of them.
I have to say Carlise Homes made us feel very special.
Highly recommend for those who wants to build their dream house.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Pinkal Patel, Wow what a fantastic review. We really appreciate your feedback and could not be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your entire journey with us and how our team made you feel s... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

A fantastic journey so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

We had been working with a very short and tight deadline to achieve contract signing. It seemed nearly impossible to get our paper work in time especially with the Christmas holiday season in between. Team Carlisle were Brilliant in finding a way through a maze of issues to get us through the contract phase on time. A big Thank you to the sales team at the Tulliallan Estate and our CLE for making this happen. The level of professionalism exhibited is highly commendable. Colour selection appointment had been a great experience and we are overwhelmed by the depth of the product and design knowledge the consultants had. It has been a great experience thus far and expecting the same going forward. Fabulous job guys!!! Keep up the good work.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Maddali, Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Carlisle Homes to build your brand new home. We are so honoured to be able to share in this journey with you especially as it can be c... read more »

Manor Lakes

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Journey So Far !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

We chose Carlisle homes after visiting a lot of other builders and display homes. I should say, customer service is one of the highlights that attracts customers towards Carlisle. To add, Carlisle homes have got much better home designs and their display homes are simply stunning. Our sales consultant was very straight forward, friendly and knowledgeable. As first home buyers, we were given a lot of ideas and tip which were unknown to us. He never wanted to force sell anything, rather advised if a particular upgrade is required or not, its pros and cons which helped us decide on what we wanted. Initially, we signed up for the Piermont and later during the new promotion, changed our mind to Amberley. Our sales consultant quickly gave us a quote and signed us up on the new promotion and design without any hesitation.

Our CLE was very professional and friendly too. She made sure all the emails were answered on time and replied to every single query we made. We had few concerns and confusions with the pricing and items on the contract which were quickly addressed and amended as it was supposed to be. She kept following up with the title and settlement updates and applied for all the required approvals and plans as quickly as possible.

So far our journey with Carlisle homes has been very pleasant, despite the few confusion we had which I think is common when there are multiple people involved. Our site start date is way too earlier than we expected which wouldn’t be possible without the skills and experience Carlisle has in the building industry. I hope our journey forward would remain smooth and we are eagerly looking forward towards the build.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Shopper, Firstly, thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with us and congratulations on building your first home. It’s wonderful to hear that your experience starte... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Great Experience and wonderful customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

We build Mattise 29 with a minor flip to make it our dream home. We are so glad that we build with Carlisle home. Of course during the initial period we did think it was a bit expensive. However it was really worth it. We were so blessed to have a wonderful CLE , and great supervisor and lot of valuable suggestion and help was offered during our colour selection. The communication with CLE , supervisor and us went so well that we had a smooth build. Our supervisor and CLE were highly professional and actioned any concern quickly. We will definitely recommend them.

Th only issue we had was with the rendering work and painting. Would probably suggest Carlisle not to use the same contract for rendering again ;)

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Koloth, Firstly, congratulations on building the Matisse 29, we just love this floor plan and couldn’t be happier to see that this home has been your choice of design. We truly do believe th... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Amazing! Loving our new home :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

From the sale of land to the design and build of my new home, Carlisle have been nothing short of professional and committed to making my build a success and to my satisfaction. Both my Building Supervisor and Client Liaison Officer went over and above to ensure I was up to date on the build and provided me plenty of opportunity for any questions I may have. I was able to access the property when I required and anything I may have missed myself was always brought to my attention. The end result far exceeded my expectations and I have made a home for me and my daughter which has made me not only proud of myself but proud of those who helped bring to life my dream home. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Carlisle Homes to all my friends and family. Thank you [Names Removed] for an amazing job.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Samantha Learmonth’s, Thank you for choosing Carlisle Homes to build your dream home. We are so delighted to read your positive review and thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with u... read more »

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

We are so happy wth our new home.. we have the easy living range which is perfect for our small family.. [name removed] and all the team who helped us get our new home no dramas always in contact and willing to go the extra mile to help Thank you thank you we are very happy people yay. Our design meets the expectations of our plan we are so completely happy and would recommend all our friends to build with them... smooth ride from land title to occupancy Thanks Carlisle homes

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Tracey, Thank you for reviewing Carlisle Homes, and more specifically, our Easy Living product and department. We are very passionate about what they do and its pleasing to read that our tea... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Very good so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

We recently signed the contract for an Easy Living house and our experience has been quite good so far. We were going to build a T-Range house with Carlisle Homes but later found out about Easy Living, which was cheaper and a better option for us as first home buyers. They were flexible and allowed us to change without any difficulties. The sales consultant, sales support and the CLE were very professional and responsive.They were willing to go the extra mile to give what we want, for example, they allowed us to upgrade our WC to a powder room though they no longer allow such changes. The colour selection was very easy because Easy Living display houses use the colour templates that were offered to us, so we know what we get.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi wniroshan, Congratulations on signing your contract documentation, this is an important milestone in getting your job to site. It’s a pleasure to hear that our team at Carlisle have been very ... read more »

Vic

• 3 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2015

Easy Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Easy journey with Carlisle Homes, walked me through the process step by step. Great staff experience from the moment we walked in to the sales off to the time we walked through the showroom for the color selection. Even after the build, we had a couple of issues with property cause of ground movement the guys in warranties department were great to deal with.
Would definitely build with Carlise again.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Mina, Thank you for choosing Carlisle Homes to build your dream home. We are so thrilled to read your positive review and are very thankful for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Perfect Dream House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

It has been an excellent journey so far in building our dream home where we experienced happiness through out the process of colour selection at Carlisle and observing each and every stage of the building our home and we overwhelmed by watching our dream live. Special Thanks to Carlisle Homes Team (CLE, SITE SUPERVISOR AND OTHER CREW MEMBERS) who helps us to make it happen through their best customer service and support.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Kelpesh Patel, Thank you for your lovely review. We are so grateful that you chose embark on the journey of building your dream home with us. It is so pleasing to read that from the very star... read more »

Truely is easy living !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

My experience was flawless the staff and builder were amazing at keeping as informed when it came to the build and time frames, as for the extras and options including color schemes,fittings and layout there were so many to choose from making it very easy to make a Carlisle home our own. The quality of our home is exactly what we where after. Value for money was exceptional, we can not wait to build with Carlisle homes in the future!

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Jessica W, Thank you for your outstanding review on our Easy Living range. We agree with your comment regarding the value for money we offer our clients. Our goal has always been to provide ... read more »

Perfect First Home Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

It was a very smooth experience for me as a First home owner. Starting from sales team up until the handover, it was a great a experience throughout the process. Team at my colour selection were very helpful in resolving various confusions running in my head. I should specifically highlight the experience from Carlisle CLE. She was fantastic in planning and giving sufficient lead times for all the upcoming activities and keeping me aware of whats coming. I would highly recommend her for all my friends/Colleagues. Site supervisor was Ok and did his job. Hope to get same level of service after handover and during the warranty duration as well.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Venkat, Firstly, congratulations on receiving the keys to your first home. What an exciting time this must be for you. We are so pleased that our team have provided you with such wonderful s... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Excellent so far from sales to contract signing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

This is going to be our 2nd house construction in Melbourne, and I must say Carlisle experience has been very good overall - from sales to contract signing. Both our sales consultant and CLE have been very responsive, proactive and easily accessible for any questions we had in our journey so far. The colour selection process was very smooth and we have been pleasantly surprised with the transparency of costing and amount of inclusions they offer as standard.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Asheesh Joshi, Thank you for a great review. We are so pleased that our team have been very responsive, proactive and easily accessible throughout your journey so far. This high level of cust... read more »

Fantasic during all my construction and highly recomend Carlise Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Workmanship and build quality was perfect and my supervisor was excellent during all contact.
I was always attended to with any issues or concerns. I found the whole experience great as I was very nervous
building a home on my own. I was told about everything at all stages during construction and had the best supervisor ( [name removed] ) who explained everything carefully to me. I am extremely happy with my home and love it to bits.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Nurse JO JO, Wow- what an impressive review. Thank-you ! We could not be happier to hear that you love your home to bits. This is exactly how we want all our clients to feel. Our team reall... read more »

Geelong

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Good build but disappointing after service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Overall we are quite happy with house we have built with Carlisle homes. Our build went relatively smoothly, but a must to have a private building inspector. The quality of the house was good, and we ended up with a house we now love. The reason for the ‘OK’ rating is the after handover service. If at all possible, do not hand over the final payment until all items have been rectified. Once they have your money, you drop to the bottom of their list to get them fixed. Our front door is bowed with a promise to have it fixed on September 1st 2017. It is now December 18th 2017, and still no new front door. Who knows when it will be fixed.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Brett, Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. Our team is so pleased to read that you are very happy with your home and that you ... read more »

Home sweet home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

I can't believe that handover is on next week. Carlisle did really wonderful job in just 4 months time. Our dream home looks really really beautiful, I can't tell you about the level of my happiness when people asked us whether we bought display home !? Because it looks like display quality home.. thank you so much Carlisle and team. Special thanx to our cle [name removed] and our site supervisor [name removed].. thanx a lot guys for your help and support during the construction..

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Nisha, Congratulations on the upcoming settlement on your brand new dream home. What an exciting time! Our team strive to deliver on excellence in customer service along with delivering a di... read more »

Wow! What a funtastic Job done Carlisle Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

I am a very satisfied customer of Carlisle Homes. The whole build process was silk smooth. Our Client Liason executive and Building supervisor were superb. They were very professional and capable to resolve any issues. Our house is completed so quickly that we won’t release it is ready to move in. We strongly recommend Carlisle Homes as a best builder.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Syed, Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased to read that all of our team have been professional and have been able to resolve any issues you may have had. Our efficient build ti... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Great experience so far..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

We spent months meeting & going over different builders before we decided to go with Carlisle.
After looking into both T-Range & Easy we chose the Westlake design in the Easy living Range.

Our sales consultant based at Merrifield did a great job, was friendly & patient and really went out of his way to accommodate our requests. He was the absolute reason why we decided to sign up.

Color, Electrical & Tender process has been a breeze and draftsman have done an excellent job with the drawings/plans. Our CLE has stayed on top of everything liaising with the lender, developers, council etc which has sped up the process exponentially and she has kept us informed every step of the way.

Our land was already titled which has made the process quicker, but we have gone from deposit to ready to build in 3 months!
We look forward to the quality service we have received so far transitioning to the build process & beyond.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Peter F, Congratulations on choosing the "Westlake" from our Easy Living Range. We are so pleased that the design ticked all of your boxes. We are so pleased to read that you are nearing the... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Very impressed with our build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

we got an independent inspector to go through and he said overall the quality of the home was quite good.
We are very happy in the end and the small things that need to be done are getting done.
thank you to [Names Removed] and of course management and trades. I would definitely recommend Carlisle Homes to others if you like the layout of their display homes.

Comments
Carlisle Homes Official

Hi Julia, Thank you for your great review. We are pleased to see that you carried out your own private independent inspector; it’s always great to gain another opinion and even better to hear th... read more »

1 of 78 pages

Hi all, My partner and I have a block which is titled and ready to build. We are considering Carlisle and a few other builders. Just wondering if anyone can share how long it took Carlisle to get their contract drawn up and ready to sign? Also, has anyone built the Macquarie 22? There's no display and we would like to know if others think the floorplan works for them. Thanks

Tash asked on Jan 17, 2018

Hi Tash,

We would be honoured to build your new home. It doesn't take us long to get contracts drawn up as we understand that clients who have titled land are ready to go and so are we. Please touch base with one of our Easy Living sales centres and they can go through the process with you and help choose designs and colours.

Good luck with your search and we hope that we are lucky enough to build your new home.
Kind Regards,
Carlisle Management.

Does anyone else have major issues with this builder letting tradies constantly break the law by allowing them to work onsite ILLEGALLY before 7am weekdays and 9am weekends? I've made no less than a dozen complaints to council over the last 2 years against this builder for this very reason and my constant complaints to Carlisle Homes go unanswered. Carlisle Homes are the most unprofessional builder out there by a long shot. I am seriously considering my legal options against this builder for the extreme stress and anxiety they have caused me and my family! So sick of being waken up early on weekends due to excessive noise! It's illegal activity and Carlisle Homes, the most unprofessional and uncaring builder on the planet, simply do not care!!!

I hate incompetence! asked on Jan 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi there, Carlisle Homes have clear policies in place that outline permitted work hours on site. When we get a complaint we follow the complaint up with the trade or supplier involved if that person can be identified to us. In many instances it can be easier to simply speak to the person carrying out the illegal activity yourself and ask them to stop. None of these people are employees, but rather subcontractors. We note it appears you have built with Urbanedge and have had many issues with subcontractors yourself. We have thousands of subcontractors and suppliers working for us. Some of these subcontractors work for major corporations such as CSR and Boral who also have the same policies in place. We suggest that if you don’t feel comfortable speaking to the tradesperson or supplier involved that you take their details and email them to us at issueresolution@carlislehomes.com.au. We can then remind that person of the policies we have previously asked them to abide by.

Kind regards
Carlisle Management

That's a pathetic and very condescending response I'm sorry! Why would I confront these tradies who are very often in numbers of 4 or 5 and tell them they are breaking the law face to face? How well do you think that will go down? Why are you encouraging conflict? They are YOUR subcontractors and are YOUR responsibility! Don't try to deflect and handball the blame elsewhere due to your incompetence and weakness as a builder! AND if you say it's not your responsibility then why do the fines from council go to you??? They don't fine the contractors, do they?

Not even the decency of an apology for all the stress, anxiety and loss of sleep this ongoing issue is causing me and my family. Are you not even embarrassed of all the complaints I have made to council and the many subsequent fines you have received? Again, no you don't care as Carlisle Homes have a pathetic non-caring attitude! Just let everyone else suffer as long as we make a dirty dollar is your motto I bet!

I have sent many emails to issueresolution@carlislehomes.com.au which has clearly been a waste of time. Half the time I don't get a reply or other times I do get one but several days later when it's far too late. How unprofessional. Encouraging this ILLEGAL behavior is not acceptable!

It would not be hard for a competent builder to ensure their subcontractors abide by the law. Let them know in writing from the start that any fines incurred due to illegal activity on site will be passed on, it's not that hard brainiacs!!!

DON'T BUILD WITH CARLISLE HOMES IF YOU WANT YOUR NEIGHBOURS HATING YOU BEFORE YOU EVEN MOVE IN!!!

We are concidering purchasing a Carlisle home can someone contact us please

Martin asked on Jan 11, 2018

Hi Martin,

We are thrilled to hear that you are considering building with us. Please contact or visit any display centre closest to you and our professional sales staff can help assist putting a quote together for you.
Kind Regards,
Carlisle Management.

Do your homework first.
There is plus and minus by choosing them.

See all 282 questions about Carlisle Homes