ERSKINE

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great buy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

The functionality of this vacuum is amazing, it has no problem sucking up pretty much anything, whether it's on hardwood floors or carpet. The retractable cord is still working the same as the day I got it, which is one of my favorite features. The vacuum itself is very durable considering I've banged it on things while pulling it around the house and I haven't had any breaks or damages.

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2018

Disappointed. I want my 10-year old DC08 back

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

I am disappointed in this product, which we purchased to replace a 10 year-old Turbo DC08 only because the attachments eventually disintegrated and Dyson was no longer making new ones. I have used the Big Ball for four months before posting this review (sorry, but reviews posted after just one use are not terribly helpful).

As an existing user, I received a discount from Dyson and I am grateful for that because these things are not cheap. "Oh, the Cinetic Big Ball is a wonderful machine," gushed the Dyson sales person over the phone. Happy with my previous DC08, I believed her. But I feel let down.

1) Compared to our Turbo DC08, the overall build of the Cinetic Big Ball Animal - both the vacuum cleaner body and the attachments - is cheap and plasticky. One gets the distinct impression Dyson has tried to economize on materials and pocket the difference as its profit margin at the expense of the customer.

2) Seriously, whose idea was it to replace the on/off and cord retraction buttons (recessed in the body of the DC08) with toggles that protrude from the body? I fully expect these toggles to snap off at any time.

3) The machine rolls over too easily. If you tug on the handle and move sideways, it will tip over. This won't damage it, but it's a nuisance to stop your vacuuming and stand it upright again.

4) Emptying the bin is a HUGE pain. I have taken as much care as possible to correctly remove the bin for emptying by pushing down on the red release button as directed by Dyson, but on more than one occasion, the bin base has flipped open before I can lift the bin clear of the vacuum cleaner, spilling a bin-load of dust all over the floor and the vacuum. My message: MAKE SURE you keep one hand underneath the bin base when you release the bin from the body of the vacuum to prevent it opening unexpectedly.

5) When you open the bottom lid of the bin, any dust or hair trapped at the top of the top of the barrel will usually not fall out. You must therefore manually detach the lower section of the barrel and pull the trapped debris from the upper section of the barrel with your hand. Yuk.

6) The DC08 featured a handle with a retractable/extendable tube, which was useful when you needed to retract the head of the vacuum cleaner and get into awkward places. The Cinetic Big Ball features a long (45 cm) rigid handle which is difficult - if not impossible - to get into tight places.

7) The Cinetic Big Ball comes with a range of head attachments. I have no idea what some of them are intended for. There was no information booklet in the box to explain what the various attachments are designed for. I have experimented with some of them but others just baffle me.

I am disappointed. Compared to the DC08 of a decade ago, I feel Dyson has sacrificed functionality and convenience. I can only assume the design changes made over ten years were in pursuit of fatter margins, because they absolutely do NOT make for a better vacuum cleaner.

I want my DC08 back.

Warialda

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Animal love this monster

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Animal love this monster. Let me start by saying this, Dyson has only gotten better with their product. Known for their incredible suction, this vacuum does not disappoint. While the canister capacity is not comparable to the uprights, this thing makes up for that shortcoming by the incredible suction it delivers. Mainly using this on hardwood floors, some rugs, and bedroom carpets, this vacuum is an absolute pleasure to use.

Model: Animal Pro Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Wild in the House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

My Animal Pro Vacuum is the best thing we have in our house. It picks up all my dog hair and you can notice the different in the floors after they have been vacuumed. It’s is easy to use and picks up everything from dust to larger pieces eg crumbles.

Purchased at: David Jones

Perth

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Early days but quite happy so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I have only vacuumed once since purchasing this cleaner. The cleaning job is excellent, picking up lots more than my previous cleaner, and the idea of not having to purchase and replace bags is very appealing. My comments are cautious at this stage as I am finding it strange to use physically. The movement of the vacuum head on the stalk is not smooth and it seems that I have to lift it off the carpet to go back and forth which is quite difficult. This is probably due to such good suction but I have set it to minimum and am using the "breather" on the stalk and it is still hard to move, so I will revisit this review again in a few months time.

Toowoomba

Model: Animal Pro Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Love it a lot, great for deep cleaning!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

This is my go to vacuum for big cleans, it comes with so many attachments and the large brush is perfect for blinds, gentle enough to be quick and sucks the dust straight up, I also use it for skirting boards as well.
The carpet head is great but I don't find it works well on a flat tight loop carpet, but on plush carpets is amazing. The hard floor tool is great it's short enough to get under every low cabinet bed or fridge. It is much easier to clean than the older turbine heads. I do think that I prefer my fluffy for everyday cleaning, I'm hoping to buy the v10 soon as I find the fluffy doesn't last long enough for a big home.

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Oct 2018

New Dyson definitely Not as good as the old Dysons

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

The suction on this vacuum is very good however in comparison to my old Dyson that I had for 15 years, I find the new model to be a much worse design and feels like the materials used to make it are cheap. The plastic is thin and brittle. The dust barrel is annoying to open and can also easily open by gently tapping, thus all the dust falls all over the floor. The barrel is difficult to clean because hair and dust gets stuck in the tiny holes of the steel mesh barrel inside the dust dispenser. It is difficult to close the bottom latch/door once you have emptied the dust barrel, as dust gets stuck in the rubber around the lid, then you need to wipe all the rubbers each time so that the lid will close enough so that dust doesn’t come out. The old model was so much easier, it was just unclip and pour. Emptying the new model is difficult and very annoying. The head of the vacuum has left rubber scuff marks all over my floorboards. I contacted Dyson and they told me that I couldn’t purchase a different head with my machine. It is awkward to get the head and hose to sit in it’s place once you have finished vacuuming. If only Dyson had stuck with the great features of the old model. Unfortunately I returned my new model as I was so disappointed.

• 1 review

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

We have owned 3 Dysons over time and hands down this one is the worst. The turbo head won't pick up the animal hair off our mat, the turbo head is rubbish and when the head is turn to hard floors it doesn't suck. I need to use 3 different heads to clean what the old Dyson did with one. Will never by another Dyson again

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson machine. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your floor tools. The Turbine head should be able to remove animal hair and ... read more »

Bribie Island

• 3 answers

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2017

This vacuum cleaner is fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

My house work is halved using this vacuum cleaner, it’s easy to use and gets rid of dirt and dust that is trapped down in the fibres of your carpet. My house looks and feels much cleaner since purchasing this. I can walk on my carport and it actually feels so much more softer.

sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Model: Allergy Date Purchased: Mar 2017

I'm very frustrated with my Dyson Ball

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

My Dyson ball vacuum does not vacuum forwards, ie I can only vacuum is by pulling the vacuum back (not forward). I am very frustrated with it. I have cleaned out everything and know there are no blockages. Would appreciate the answer to why my vacuum can't vacuum forwards on my carpet.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble pushing your machine forward, this isn't normal operation. So we can assist, we would kindly ask for you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our... read more »

Sydney

Model: Animal Pro Date Purchased: May 2016

Won't be buying another Dyson

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I have a Dyson cordless, Cinetic Big Ball & a bladeless fan but I won't be buying another Dyson product. The side wheel snapped off 4 months after the 2 year warranty expired so I called Dyson & they wanted to charge me $85 not including parts & labour to fix it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Shaun, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson machine and I am sorry to hear the wheel broke off your machine. To confirm, $85 includes transport both ways to our service centre as well as all lab... read more »

• 2 comments

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: May 2013

This is my second Dyson, they are the best Vacuum that I have owned.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

This is my second Dyson as I found it was brilliant with my carpets, Polished Floors and tiles. I also use it with the brush to clean my blinds, furniture, dusting etc., my old Dyson is now used in the shed. It now gets used to Vacuum plaster dust up and dirt in the shed, still the motor keeps going. I do not have any trouble with my Vacuum tipping over. Would not buy another brand of Vacuum when this one eventually needs replacing.

• 5 answers

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love my Dyson

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

I love my Dyson, this is my second vacuum from Dyson. My boys have dust allergies and the Dyson is the best on the market for them.
Save a fortune by going bagless.
The only faults I do have is that the pipes thar go in to the vacuum is now half flat instead of full circle, hence it gets jammed a lot. It's hard to unblock it. Also it's not the best for vacuuming my shaggy rug, maybe there's another attachment for that ?
Over all I do stil love it :-)

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

This is the second Dyson I have owned. I loved the first one too. However I think that this one is even better. It is very easy to use. It is very convenient to use. It is very quiet to use. It is an absolute pleasure to use! Recommend definitely

Melbourne

Model: Allergy Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Can’t live without this vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Absolutely love it, it does an excellent job! The suction is fantastic on both carpet and tiles. I only have to vacuum once a week and my house stays clean. This vacuum is also easy to clean. What can I say, I am a happy customer. Its a bit pricey bout worth the money.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Sunshine Coast

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Jul 2017

It has some downsides..

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

The overall sucking/cleaning power of this vacuum is great, it cleans very well, but I do have concerns with the ball. Although the machine never tips over, and always rolls itself onto the right side, it gets caught on an awful lot of stuff. When manouvering through tight spaces, it gets stuck on absolutely anything in its path. Although this doesn’t affect its performance, it’s quite annoying constantly having to readjust it.

Melbourne

Model: Animal Pro Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Perfect for us....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2018

This cleaner does not tip and the suction is so powerful, we did not realise how much dirt remained after cleaning, it is easy to clean and empty.. the size makes storage easy...all the attachments are very easy to attach and remove making it easy to carry around and change as required

Illawong

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Awesome

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Got a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball during mid year sales. So amazing . Love the extra pieces you can connect to it. Compacts nicely. Get's animal hair out of everything! Used it to get dog hair out of my car seats (had tried with many other vacuums) This one worked straight away

Shildon

• 1 question

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Simply the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

I didn't expect Dyson to drop such a bombshell of technology I'm just so amazed by the power Dyson have crammed into the Dyson Cinetic big ball. Compared to my old hover this one just puts all others to bed with it's powerful suction. Best product ever of dyson.

Purchased at: Home Clearance

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Amazing vacuum - exactly what I expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

This vacuum is brilliant!! Can I say that for one of the very few times in my very sceptical life, my expectations were surpassed.

Instant suction, and absolutely no loss of suction as promised. I have a fury cat, and the Dyson has no issues in licking up the fur.

The best part is that Dyson - as a company, are practical. They give you plenty of extra links and attachments with your purchase.

You won’t regret this vacuum.

1 of 28 pages