Melbourne

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Pro Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love my Dyson!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Love the Dyson Big Ball vac! It’s easy and light weight to maneuver and just as easy to empty! The suction power is like no other I have ever used and cleaning is thorough. I find all the connections that come with the vacuum useful for different areas of cleaning. The adjustable stick is also great for getting into hard to reach places and also convenient to suit the user’s height!
I also love that it takes a few sessions before the barrel needs to be emptied!! The floor head works a treat on tiles too!

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Hate it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I have had my cleaner for just under two years and it has continuously had a high pitch squeal. I have had it in at Dyson and they told me that there is nothing wrong with it. As I reported this after 30 days it was basically too bad you are stuck with it. Also it doesn’t vacuum up the dog hair and I have been told I need to buy a different head. I would not recommend this vacuum. Buy another brand if you want your floors cleaned properly because they are very overrated.

Auckland

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Dyson maybe great engineers but have forgotten about the ergonomics for users.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Ok here goes..the carpet head is very noisy..the barrel is constantly getting stuck on corners and tips over.
They have changed the design of the attachments so you can’t use the ones from older machines..the new design has too many guides which makes changing the heads harder..you have to line up slots on the pipe with attachment slots...our major bug bear is that it now stinks of dog when we use it as there is no removable filter to clean. Also the handle material is too hard on your hands..a curved design would be much better..
I feel like the designers have forgotten about the end user.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Cinetic Big Ball machine. While we did change the fittings, we also included an adaptor in the box so t... read more »

Varsity Lakes

• 4 comments
  • 8 answers

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Perfect, can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

No just be careful when going around corners or upstairs. Easy to use and has its own dust bag which I like as you don't have to buy new bags all the time. I wouldn't have any other vacuum cleaner other than a Dyson which I had before so this is my second one.

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love it!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

I have not had one fault with mine! From day one to now it hasn’t missed a beat.
Absolutely perfect for my floors! Two kids can get pretty darn messy and this makes cleaning a breeze. The suction is perfect for both tiles and carpet. I highly recommend getting one!

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Aug 2017

not worth the additional cost

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Brought a Dyson 7 years ago and the machine all of a sudden stopped working after only 6 years of use.
Went and brought a new cinetic big ball to try the and give the brand one more chance and yesterday the plastic housing all of a sudden broke off. Good suction but not worth the premuim cost. Should be more durable.

Melbourne

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Best Vaccum Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

It is definitely the best. I have two cats, so naturally I would have hair everywhere and the vaccum cleaner gets everything. I have to empty it after about 5 uses so I know it picks up a lot of things. Through I dont think its the easiest to clean.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Super vacuume

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I think this vacuume is amazing super high powered and if you purchase the power head it is just unbeatable . I find it so easy to clean the filters also it is easy to tow around the house with out it tipping over like other brands . I highly recommend this product .

Purchased at: Big W

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: Allergy Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Excellent all round! Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

These are great machines, it NEVER tips over, it might lean over if you bump into something (for me its door frames) but it just rolls back upright and doesn't damage what its knocked.
It has really good suction and gets right into the carpet for a deep clean.
The only thing you do need to beware of is if something gets stuck in the small hole between the head and the hose then the 'bits' you normally vacuum up might just get flicked around... but as soon as you clear it (it has only happened to me once) then it is as good as new!
I think I have only had to clean the brush once since I have had it.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the long crevice tool with the soft bristled brush as it makes dusting so EASY! I use it on window sills, blinds, roof, walls, and any general surfaces... dusting without the scratches!!

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Best thing that ever happened to vacuuming

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

This vacuum cleaner is the best thing that ever happened to cleaning! I have a lot of hair in my workspace and this has made cleaning such a joy. I find it a bit hard to manoeuvre on carpet but when it goes over it picks up everything! Easy to clean and so worth the purchase!

• 2 answers

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Excellent!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I purchased this product a month ago ND started using it 2 weeks ago when I moved into my new place. It took a while to get used to as I had a backpack vacuum before. This vacuum suckes really well and manoeuvres easily into smaller places. Happy so far!

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2018

Disappointed. I want my 10-year old DC08 back

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

I am disappointed in this product, which we purchased to replace a 10 year-old Turbo DC08 only because the attachments eventually disintegrated and Dyson was no longer making new ones. I have used the Big Ball for four months before posting this review (sorry, but reviews posted after just one use are not terribly helpful).

As an existing user, I received a discount from Dyson and I am grateful for that because these things are not cheap. "Oh, the Cinetic Big Ball is a wonderful machine," gushed the Dyson sales person over the phone. Happy with my previous DC08, I believed her. But I feel let down.

1) Compared to our Turbo DC08, the overall build of the Cinetic Big Ball Animal - both the vacuum cleaner body and the attachments - is cheap and plasticky. One gets the distinct impression Dyson has tried to economize on materials and pocket the difference as its profit margin at the expense of the customer.

2) Seriously, whose idea was it to replace the on/off and cord retraction buttons (recessed in the body of the DC08) with toggles that protrude from the body? I fully expect these toggles to snap off at any time.

3) The machine rolls over too easily. If you tug on the handle and move sideways, it will tip over. This won't damage it, but it's a nuisance to stop your vacuuming and stand it upright again.

4) Emptying the bin is a HUGE pain. I have taken as much care as possible to correctly remove the bin for emptying by pushing down on the red release button as directed by Dyson, but on more than one occasion, the bin base has flipped open before I can lift the bin clear of the vacuum cleaner, spilling a bin-load of dust all over the floor and the vacuum. My message: MAKE SURE you keep one hand underneath the bin base when you release the bin from the body of the vacuum to prevent it opening unexpectedly.

5) When you open the bottom lid of the bin, any dust or hair trapped at the top of the top of the barrel will usually not fall out. You must therefore manually detach the lower section of the barrel and pull the trapped debris from the upper section of the barrel with your hand. Yuk.

6) The DC08 featured a handle with a retractable/extendable tube, which was useful when you needed to retract the head of the vacuum cleaner and get into awkward places. The Cinetic Big Ball features a long (45 cm) rigid handle which is difficult - if not impossible - to get into tight places.

7) The Cinetic Big Ball comes with a range of head attachments. I have no idea what some of them are intended for. There was no information booklet in the box to explain what the various attachments are designed for. I have experimented with some of them but others just baffle me.

I am disappointed. Compared to the DC08 of a decade ago, I feel Dyson has sacrificed functionality and convenience. I can only assume the design changes made over ten years were in pursuit of fatter margins, because they absolutely do NOT make for a better vacuum cleaner.

I want my DC08 back.

Warialda

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Animal love this monster

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Animal love this monster. Let me start by saying this, Dyson has only gotten better with their product. Known for their incredible suction, this vacuum does not disappoint. While the canister capacity is not comparable to the uprights, this thing makes up for that shortcoming by the incredible suction it delivers. Mainly using this on hardwood floors, some rugs, and bedroom carpets, this vacuum is an absolute pleasure to use.

Perth

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Early days but quite happy so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I have only vacuumed once since purchasing this cleaner. The cleaning job is excellent, picking up lots more than my previous cleaner, and the idea of not having to purchase and replace bags is very appealing. My comments are cautious at this stage as I am finding it strange to use physically. The movement of the vacuum head on the stalk is not smooth and it seems that I have to lift it off the carpet to go back and forth which is quite difficult. This is probably due to such good suction but I have set it to minimum and am using the "breather" on the stalk and it is still hard to move, so I will revisit this review again in a few months time.

Toowoomba

Model: Animal Pro Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Love it a lot, great for deep cleaning!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

This is my go to vacuum for big cleans, it comes with so many attachments and the large brush is perfect for blinds, gentle enough to be quick and sucks the dust straight up, I also use it for skirting boards as well.
The carpet head is great but I don't find it works well on a flat tight loop carpet, but on plush carpets is amazing. The hard floor tool is great it's short enough to get under every low cabinet bed or fridge. It is much easier to clean than the older turbine heads. I do think that I prefer my fluffy for everyday cleaning, I'm hoping to buy the v10 soon as I find the fluffy doesn't last long enough for a big home.

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Oct 2018

New Dyson definitely Not as good as the old Dysons

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

The suction on this vacuum is very good however in comparison to my old Dyson that I had for 15 years, I find the new model to be a much worse design and feels like the materials used to make it are cheap. The plastic is thin and brittle. The dust barrel is annoying to open and can also easily open by gently tapping, thus all the dust falls all over the floor. The barrel is difficult to clean because hair and dust gets stuck in the tiny holes of the steel mesh barrel inside the dust dispenser. It is difficult to close the bottom latch/door once you have emptied the dust barrel, as dust gets stuck in the rubber around the lid, then you need to wipe all the rubbers each time so that the lid will close enough so that dust doesn’t come out. The old model was so much easier, it was just unclip and pour. Emptying the new model is difficult and very annoying. The head of the vacuum has left rubber scuff marks all over my floorboards. I contacted Dyson and they told me that I couldn’t purchase a different head with my machine. It is awkward to get the head and hose to sit in it’s place once you have finished vacuuming. If only Dyson had stuck with the great features of the old model. Unfortunately I returned my new model as I was so disappointed.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

We have owned 3 Dysons over time and hands down this one is the worst. The turbo head won't pick up the animal hair off our mat, the turbo head is rubbish and when the head is turn to hard floors it doesn't suck. I need to use 3 different heads to clean what the old Dyson did with one. Will never by another Dyson again

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson machine. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your floor tools. The Turbine head should be able to remove animal hair and ... read more »

Bribie Island

• 3 answers

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2017

This vacuum cleaner is fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

My house work is halved using this vacuum cleaner, it’s easy to use and gets rid of dirt and dust that is trapped down in the fibres of your carpet. My house looks and feels much cleaner since purchasing this. I can walk on my carport and it actually feels so much more softer.

sydney

• 1 question

Model: Allergy Date Purchased: Mar 2017

I'm very frustrated with my Dyson Ball

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

My Dyson ball vacuum does not vacuum forwards, ie I can only vacuum is by pulling the vacuum back (not forward). I am very frustrated with it. I have cleaned out everything and know there are no blockages. Would appreciate the answer to why my vacuum can't vacuum forwards on my carpet.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble pushing your machine forward, this isn't normal operation. So we can assist, we would kindly ask for you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our... read more »

Sydney

Model: Animal Pro Date Purchased: May 2016

Won't be buying another Dyson

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I have a Dyson cordless, Cinetic Big Ball & a bladeless fan but I won't be buying another Dyson product. The side wheel snapped off 4 months after the 2 year warranty expired so I called Dyson & they wanted to charge me $85 not including parts & labour to fix it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Shaun, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson machine and I am sorry to hear the wheel broke off your machine. To confirm, $85 includes transport both ways to our service centre as well as all lab... read more »

1 of 29 pages

Multi Floor

I just bought multifloor. I had to hard push the muscle head to carpet. I tried to reduce suction to the lowest but still I feel like I’m dragging the head to the carpet. Does the blue thing on muscle head should be lower or closed in while on carpet? I feel like the blue thing on muscle head is down all the time.

Nilesh M asked on Nov 04, 2018

Close it I would think.

Hi Nilesh,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble using the MuscleHead on your carpets.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Shan

Multi Floor

I have a Dyson cinetic big ball multifloor vacumm it is just over 12mths old and a few days ago I was vacumning and there was a yucky smell coming out of the back vents. What would be causing this? How do I get rid of it?

Carissa asked on Oct 18, 2018

Hi Carissa,

We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine.

Should any form of liquid or damp enter the machine, this may cause it to harbour a smell. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water as per the instructions in your user guide, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the bin seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable.

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool, bin, cyclone and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

This should help, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist.

Best wishes,

Shan

Animal

I just purchased the Big Ball canister Animal. It has amazing power, however, it's very difficult to push on carpet. My carpet is not that thick. Am I doing something wrong?

samtheboxer asked on Oct 12, 2018

Answer this

We bought the same Cinetic two days ago, and trying to use it today, the vacuum was very hard to push on our low-pile carpet. The suction was so strong that it lifted the carpet where the vacuum was used for 30 seconds. I see that Dyson has avoided providing an answer to your problem. I await their response with keen interest.

There is a suction control (Red Switch) on the musclehead tool which can be moved to reduce suction hence making it easier to push

Yes, indeed there is suction control. But to use it the entire time I vacuum is a bit ridiculous. I think the carpet attachment needs to be wider for fewer passes and redesigned to move smoother. Other than that one issue this vacuum is the best!

See all 60 questions about Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Multi Floor Animal Pro Allergy Animal Absolute
Price (RRP) $699 $999 $799 $899 $849
Type Bagless Bagless Bagless Bagless Bagless
Bin Capacity 1.6L 1.6L 1.6L 1.6L 1.6L
Weight 7.7kg 7.7kg 7.7kg 7.7kg 7.7kg
Cord Length 6.6m 6.6m 6.6m 6.6m 6.6m
Cleaner Head Quick Release Musclehead Floor Tool Quick Release Carbon fibre turbine floor tool Quick Release Carbon fibre turbine floor tool Quick Release Carbon fibre turbine floor tool Dual Mode Floor Tool with Suction Control
Store Exclusivity Harvey Norman

The main difference between these models is included attachments

Prices