Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Southern Highlands Construction End Date: May 2018

Happy Highlanders

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Thank you to the team at GJ Gardner Southern Highlands for a really great home. Building a home is not a simple task and whilst we had a few minor ups and downs the end result is exactly what we set out to achieve. Dave and the team were certainly dedicated to delivering the best result possible and backed this dedication up with actions. We can’t fault the workmanship and the first class project management, thanks so much to Deon who has been a delight to work with. Thanks also to the office and administration contact, Leanne, who was always on hand to help out.
There is always a coffee for you here in Bundanoon if you want to drop in and check out your great work.
Gary and Lorraine

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Geelong Construction End Date: Jun 2018

We couldn’t be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

We have now been living in our GJ Gardner Geelong home for 1.5 weeks and couldn’t be happier. We went with a custom design and it truly is exactly what we had envisioned. We have many features that are not GJ standards but it was never a problem to include them in the design. We are super grateful to David Graham and Renee McKeon for taking us through the concept and planning stage - they supported and led us so well through the whole process. Also a huge thanks to our build supervisor Chris Niblett who kept us in the loop at all times and had a fine eye for detail throughout. It was definitely not the easiest build he has overseen but he has delivered us an amazing home that we look forward to growing old in! Thanks so much!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Kate, Thanks for your 5 star review, we're thrilled to hear that our G.J. Gardner Homes Geelong team were able to deliver your custom home as you dreamed it would be, and that the process was sm... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Springfield / Ripley Construction End Date: May 2018

Great Experience! First time Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Built our First Home with G.J Gardner Springfield and must say had an amazing experience. Great service, staff was helpful and responsive through out the whole process. Our Building supervisor was flexible and kept us up to date through out the whole building process. We didn't have any prior knowledge or experience of the build process as this was our first home so they were really patient in answering our queries. Would highly recommend them.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Sunshine Coast North Construction End Date: Jan 2017

If I could give a 10 out of 5 star review we would

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Our journey with G.J. Gardner Sunshine Coast North (Noosa) started early in 2016 after we bought an old twin block with a house and flat in what is known as old Tewantin. It was a knockdown opportunity and we visited several builders before we decided that G.J. Gardener Sunshine Coast North (Noosa) was the right fit for us. I'll make this quick, as it is late and it is Sunday night :). From our first contact with presales , Phil Humphrys thank you, without you on the front line we may not have chosen G.J Gardner, you are a true gentleman and know your stuff - a pleasure to work with, through to admin team, thank you Meggin, you made our admin and paperwork build journey seamless, the design consultant Natasha (worth her weight in gold) and our site supervisor Steve, just one word - Legend, made the build journey easy and painless. Josh (The Director) you have put the greatest team together and you deserve a pat on the back for doing so. Josh himself is easy to approach and was hands on throughout the build process. I remember a visit from Josh, out of the blue, on a Sunday afternoon just to make sure we were happy with progress and asking if we had any issues. Build was as promised and on time. It has been a year since we moved in and we have a very well built, great family home and it is all thanks to the team at G.J. Gardner Sunshine Coast North (Noosa).

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Richard,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We love to hear these types of stories and we couldn't be more grateful that you let us be apart of your home building journey.
All the best in the future!

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Warragul Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Dream house complete! Warragul Team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

The whole team at Warragul were easy to deal with and professional.
I knew from our first meeting that these were the people I wanted to work with, easy to talk to and very upfront and approachable.
There were no surprises along the way with extra costs.
Communication throughout the whole build was fantastic, I knew what was happening every step of the way.
Everything was done as I asked and the quality of the workmanship is excellent.
A very big thank you to Josh, Ash, Tess & Tia and the whole extended team....I cannot thank you all enough!
You really have given me my dream home and I'm so grateful for everything you have done :-)

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Carolyn, Thanks so much for your 5 star review of G.J. Gardner Homes Warragul. We're thrilled to hear that you're happy with the communication and quality of your home. We hope you enjoy many... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Springfield / Ripley Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Great builder!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Daniel the site supervisor was great! Always kept us up to date and was very flexible with our timeframes when we wanted to see the house/get keys for handover.

The house is amazing, they took over our build as our initial builder went broke. Everything was done as per the original contract and looks better then we though it would.

We couldn’t be happier with our new home!!
Thank you GJ Gardener!

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - North (Brookvale) Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Straight-forward, decent people who build on time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

We built two houses next to each other in Freshwater, 2096. We chose GJ Gardner over other home-builders because we were able to be very involved in changing their stock-standard designs and floorplans. This resulted in a product that could be customized to a significant degree to give us what we really wanted, not what just fit into one of the designs.
During the build process, it can feel a bit stop/start as most of the trades are sub-contracted specialists, but to be fair, they delivered both houses on-time (which was a 38 week time-frame.)
What impressed me was their customer service, and the fact they were prepared to step up and take ownership of the inevitable issues that you encounter as you go through a build process.
The whole team under Horst has a "can-do", "no-nonsense" approach that was refreshingly straight-forward and sadly not that common these days. As you go through the build, there will be things you will want to change and these do cost more, so try to spend the time deciding things before the outset and it will save you time and money.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Tamworth Construction End Date: Aug 2017

So happy with our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

From the start building with the team at GJ Gardner in Tamworth was easy and pleasurable. We had assistance the whole way through and the end result was first rate. We had lots of design assistance from the helpful team, we were given lots of advice of materials and products available and we had flexibility to build the house WE wanted by make lots of changes along the way.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Orange Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Amazing team - Orange

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I just finish building my first home with GJ Gardner. I am absolutely amazed how easy it is to build with them. They will do all the work and you just sit back, relax and enjoy the process. High quality builder for sure with great appliances for the house! 5* for sure.
Very helpful with everything you need! If you are thinking of building then go and see them - you won’t be disappointed. Keep up the good work guys!

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Ballarat Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Quick, smooth and easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

GJ were great to work with, if I had any problems they would work with me to figure something out.
Everything went very smoothly and quickly.
I was updated constantly with the current progress and I they were very welcoming.
I would recommend them to anyone looking to build a home.
As a first home builder I couldn't be more pleased.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Jesse,
Thanks for your 5 star review of G.J. Gardner Homes Ballarat. We're so glad to hear that everything wet smoothly and quickly and that you're pleased with you new home.

Kind regards,
Jess Morris, G.J. Gardner Homes, Vic/Tas

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bacchus Marsh Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Everyday, I am forced to look at faults and errors in GJ Gardiner Bacchus Marsh construction

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Workmanship on our home was terrible in most areas. The painting is terrible. The doors don't close properly, several of the door handles don't operate correctly, some doors don't even fit in the door jams correctly. The carpet has marks and stains on it, the shower holds water, the electrical dimmer switches are cheap and two have already failed (within10 months). We waited for two months after we moved in to finally receive keys to all the windows and doors, (the builder said they lost the originals). I could go on and on.

In terms of the management of the build, we were told continuous lies about handover date which was to be in February and ended up being July. Yes 5 MONTHS LATE. We were forced to live in a motel for 10 weeks as a result of this. The site manager changed three times during the course of the build which stretched out considerably. The builder was forced to pay late penalties as required by the contract. Unfortunately the $250 per week did in no way cover the motel costs.

I got sick of the weekly update phone call saying "yeah, we haven't been on site this week but we should be there next week". Even after everything was finished. We had to move out on the first night as the gas was not connected and there was no heating or hot water. We had the painting redone in the whole house because it seemed that the non-english speaking paint crew who arrived in a clapped out Toyota Camry appeared to have never been introduced to a paint brush before. The tiling had to be redone because the floor in the powder room was not level.

Don't be under the misconception that all these things were fixed effortlessly and willingly by the builder. It required numerous emails and phone calls which were ignored repeatedly. (I have the evidence of all this)
The customer service and support has been terrible and unfortunately we got to the point were they wore us down to a level where it was just easier to start fixing things ourselves.

Our house is still not up to standard. I have kept all my email complaints and SMS complaints and responses from the company and I am happy to share these with anyone who is thinking of using GJ Gardiner Bacchus Marsh to build there home. In fact, if you are doubtful about what is written in this review, and you are seriously considering using this mob, I invite you to come to my house and see for yourself the GJ Gardiner standard. If you like what you see or you think the workmanship is of a good standard, then good luck to you.

3rd time I have built a house (barely a problem with my previous two builders) and this was to be my dream and final stop. Unfortunately GJ Gardiner have ruined that experience.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Adam We are sorry to hear the your experience with the Bacchus Marsh team was not a positive one. On behalf of G.J. Gardner Homes I would like to apologies for the delays that occurred and any... read more »

Strathfield, NSW

• 22 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - South West (Narellan) Construction End Date: May 2018

VERY satisfied! Exemplary build experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Dealing directly with the head of GJ South West (Lance) from the very start was confidence inspiring. Unlike some of the other builders I've dealt with in the past, Lance wasn't at all pushy when it came to the sale of his products, taking into consideration all my needs and budget constraints throughout the early consultation stages of the build.

The experience throughout the rest of the build experience was equally satisfying. Working with both the customer liaison and site supervisor, Lauren and Craig were professional yet personal, with updates communicated regularly and consistently throughout the entire build process. Site visits/walkthroughs with Craig were frequent and thorough, with some discovered flaws rectified within a day!

Currently still in my 13 week maintenance period, I've been going through the house with a fine toothed comb and am yet to find any glaring flaws, a testament to the superior build quality of the house.

GJ South West has showed me that home building isn't the minefield for the unwary that everyone claims it'd be and I would not hesitate recommending GJ south west to anyone looking for a hassle free build experience!

Quality home without the headaches

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

This was my 5th house to build but the first with G.J Gardner and I must say it was the easiest build from start to finish. All the hard work was done for me and within my budget. The finishing touches look amazing and you can tell that highly skilled tradesmen have been used for the whole process. The customer service provided is also of a high standard with any updates or questions all answered or acted on promptly. I would definitely recommend them for a high quality stress free home and build.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Bree, Thanks for your 5 star review. We're so happy to hear that your build was easy and you're impressed with the end result. Our G.J. Gardner Homes Geelong team are certainly known for their e... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bass Coast / Phillip Island Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Island Living

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

We have been in our new home for only 3 months and still coming to grips with the changes from living in a busy area in a suburban Melbourne Town House to the relaxed atmosphere in a single story house here on Phillip Island.

In the past we have built a number of new houses and I would have to say dealing with G.J. Gardner Bass Coast has been a relatively pain free exercise. In the size of a project of building a new home there is always going to be some issues but the management and support of Gardners in managing these issues was first rate.

Our Initial Contact with Gardners was superb and it was the discussion with Rowan that convinced us that we were with the right company to build our new home, and we cancelled appointments with other builders we were in meeting with, follow up design meetings with Rob and Gill were productive and most decisions were locked in relatively quickly and were at contract stage in a matter of weeks.

The building commenced within a couple of weeks from contract and the slab, frame and wrap was completed within a few more weeks, there was about an eight week delay with the brick layers which was frustrating, but once they commenced their quality of work was first class. The rest of the build was completed and it was impressive that Gardners met our tight frame for completion, this was due to the knowledge and drive from their supervisor Paul.

The quality of the completed house is of a very high standard and there is minimal three month review items to be rectified and nothing of a major nature, if there is one area that is a little disappointing it is the type of wall paint used as marks are not easily removed.

All in all a great result that we are more than happy with, and we would have no hesitation in recommending G.J. Gardner Bass Coast to any prospective customer wanting a quality home built.

Robert & Joan Daniels

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Robert and Joan, Thanks so much for your kind words and 5 star review of G.J. Gardner Homes Bass Coast. We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience, from the initial meeting ... read more »

Cape woolamai

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bass Coast / Phillip Island Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Moving to a coastal location and wanted to use a local builder. Being the first house we had built we went in a little blind which was unfortunate as we did not get much help with the design. We were rushed through the colour selection as the sales person was going on holidays - Mistakes were made during this process that could have impacted the build severely eg: floor and wall tiles incorrectly listed the wrong way round. Promised better quality finishes and materials than other builders this also did not happen. Have had the painter back 3 times with poor results and i have now decided to spend my own money to get what is a very average painting job fixed. We have walls out of square and some poor finishes throughout the house which i also intend to fix myself. On reflection a few items were excessively priced for example the crossover. Positives were brickwork, tiling & carpet which were good quality and the supervisor was easy to deal with. On a whole i would rate this an average experience but would not recommend this builder in the future.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Andrew Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback from our customers very seriously. Following your post we discussed your build with the Bass Coast team. They were very surprised by th... read more »

Thank you for responding... Firstly you can take everything i say as accurate. A few points below to back up the 3 star rating. First contact with GJ was 5/5/2016.at which time we were quoted a pri... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Office Location: SA, Riverland Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Brilliant experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Quality of build from initial designing stage through to completion was brilliant! As a first home buyer/builder I knew as close to nothing as is possible about the process and received great support from the whole team.
Quality of the finish was brilliant with only a few minor concerns addressed at the 3 month review. Final finish was better than expected and the team worked to deliver my home within the time frame I had set.
Cant wait to build again!

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Point Cook Construction End Date: May 2018

Wonderful Building experience - The Best Build ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Had a wonderful experience building our first home with G.J Gardner Homes Point Cook.
Customer service was superb and journey was smooth.
Everyone in Point Cook office - Simon, Anyeta, Angie and Hayden were cooperative and always willing to help and adjust as per our timings. Regular weekly updates provided by Hayden and site visits also adjusted as per our timings on Saturday.
Very happy with the build quality and would not ever hesitate in recommending G.J Gardner Homes Point Cook to friends and family.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Mayuresh, Thanks for your 5 star review of G.J. Gardner Homes Point Cook. We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience and wouldn't hesitate to recommend G.J. Gardner Homes Poi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Office Location: SA, Riverland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Who says building a home is a big headache??? Not with GJ Gardner Riverland!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

From the moment we submitted an online enquiry on the GJ Gardner website about building a home of our own design, right until the handover of our home the service was very impressive! Glen contacted us within 24 hours of the enquiry and also came and met with us to have a look at our design and the property where we wanted to build. He worked with us to provide a very competitive quote and his ongoing communication throughout the whole quoting and preparation process was brilliant. One part of his service which was above and beyond for us was that he visited us at our own home to discuss our build wherever possible, which was a huge bonus having small children. There was not once where we were made to feel that any question was too hard and we always got a timely response.
Finally after a few hiccups on our behalf it was time to build our new home which we had dreamt about for a few years. We went to the office and met the team. Angela helped with all of our selections, which she was very professional at doing and helped make the process a lot easier and enjoyable than we imagined.
Helen was always very welcoming and her outstanding support and knowledge along the way meant a lot to us also. I never had an issue picking up the phone to give her a call because I always knew that I was going to get the support I needed and questions answered. Emails were also a great way of communicating with Helen, which she always answered in a very timely manner, sometimes much quicker than ever expected!
The build process was very enjoyable and exciting to watch our new home come to fruition. Troy was excellent as our site supervisor and always answered any questions/concerns along the way.
In general most of the tradies were very professional and approachable if we popped in to say g'day. The quality of the workmanship is of a high standard and we are very happy with the finished product. It is just what we imagined!
The handover experience was very exciting for our family and it was great to have both Troy and Glen present for the handover as they were the two people that we had the most contact with throughout the entire process. Sam also popped in, which meant a lot to have the business owners presence and to show that he is passionate and cares about the products that his team are creating.
Thanks GJ Gardner Riverland for the best experience building our first ever home. Your passion and dedication certainly shows from the finished product. We love it, and if we were to ever do it again we would certainly look at using the same team!!!

Verified Customer Build Location: Tasmania Office Location: TAS, Hobart West Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Michael Doalman

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

The quality and workmanship was outstanding with a great attention to detail .
Coming from another State it certainly was a big task of not being there for face to face meetings, however Ludek and the whole team were great and it all went smoothly.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Gj Gardner Hobart and look forward to building again with them in the future.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Michael, Thanks for taking the time to give us a 5 star review, we're so glad that you had a smooth and quality build with our G.J. Gardner Homes Hobart team. We hope you enjoy your new G.J. G... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Warrnambool Construction End Date: May 2018

Highly recommend!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Very happy with a quality product home & very helpful friendly staff at G J Gardener Warrnambool Victoria.
Only the best products and skills are used with this build and it shows with the finished product & fixtures.
The whole process was easy and smooth with the professional & friendly help of Erin the sales consultant going the extra mile, Christine & Darren helping with design and Andrew & Jim managing the build.
I was updated regularly with the build and notifications.
Would definately recommend building with G J Gardeners Warrnambool & i hope to do so again in the future.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Luke, Thanks so much for your 5 star review, we're glad G.J. Gardner Homes Warrnambool were able to provide you with such an easy and smooth process. We hope you have many happy years in your ... read more »

1 of 32 pages