Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Tweed Heads Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Exceptional from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

Thank you to GJ Gardner Tweed Heads & Ballina. They didn’t simply build us a “house”...they built us a “home”. From the very first moment we stepped into the sales office, through to walking into our newly completed home at handover, we knew we had chosen the best to build our home. There are many points of difference between GJ Gardner Tweed Heads and Ballina and others. Being able to customise our home without hassle or additional cost was fantastic. The communication between all parties was faultless. Every decision we had made in the sales office filtered right through to the supervisor and each of the trades. It is evident that every trade involved in our build had a sense of pride in their work. Our building supervisor went above and beyond to ensure that quality and finish were never compromised. Any issues were quickly identified and resolved - usually before we were even aware of them. There were no surprises in the final cost either, thanks to the quoting system they use, every detail and cost was accounted for before we even began the build. I would highly recommend the team at GJ Gardner Tweed Heads and Ballina - they were exceptional!

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Warrnambool Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Love my new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

From start to finish the whole building process was made easy with the help and guidance of the staff at Warrnambool’s office. Erin and Chris were great and covered all basis of my needs, desires and wants in my new home. The building quality was on point, and supervisor was always available for updates. The build was finished well before the expected time. The estimated cost was true to what the end costing was. Extremely happy with the team in Warrnambool. Thank you.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Bec, Thanks for taking the time to leave G.J. Gardner Homes Warrnambool a 5 star review. We're thrilled to hear that you're extremely happy with the team and that your house was of great quali... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - North (Brookvale) Construction End Date: Jan 2018

A new found light on the hill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

Gj gardner did an exceptional job of accomodating our design requirements and have built us a fabulous house on the hill that maximises light through high ceilings and windows and door as well as the orientation on the block. The build quality was very good. Like most builds, plan for overruns (ours about 10%)as you get to the finished stages. The reality of these is best thought through at the Plan stage to control budgets. The builders kept us up to speed on the progress at all times. The finish quality was excellent. Some minor issues to fix were dealt with promptly and compared to 3 prior builds GJ were excellent.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you had an enjoyable build experience. Thank you for choosing to build with G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Melbourne East Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Extremely happy with our first build with the Wantirna office

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I wish to thank Steve and Rebecca at the Wantirna branch for making our building experience with GJ Gardiner smooth and hassle free. From the minute we engaged these guys to build our two units in Ferntree Gully, they walked us through the building process and were there every step of the way guiding us from start to finish. Fantastic communication, the build went through on time and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to family and friends.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Adam, Thanks for taking the time to give G.J. Gardner Homes Melbourne East a 5 star review. We're thrilled to hear that you had a smooth and hassle free build with fantastic communication. We... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Sunshine Coast North Construction End Date: Mar 2017

What a joke over 18 months since hand over & we still have severe water hammer!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I want to warn people about GJ Gardener sunshine coast North office! We built with them & got our keys over 18 months ago & there has been problems ever since! first it was the dodgy fence which they actually fixed but now the gate is nearly falling off & the post footing is cracked & wobbly.. The water hammer has been here since day 1 & now after 4 times of trying to fix it their response is to shrug their shoulders & say too bad!

Airlie beach

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Whitsunday Construction End Date: Oct 2018

GJ Whitsunday’s perfect in every way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Who said building a home is stressful....? They certain didn’t build with GJ that’s for sure.
The whole team at GJ Whitsundays are fabulous, friendly & professional, we couldn’t of asked for better builders to help make our dreams become our home. We are stoked with the end results of our build, nothing was ever a problem right down to small tweaks.
Highly recommend anyone wanting to build to definitely call in and see the team

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Wodonga Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Stress free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

It was spot on, what I was quoted was what I paid. There was no variance , very happy.
They kept me up to date with where the build was at, with emails and photos.
Jade from the Wodonga office was extremely helpful and guided me through the whole process, she made it so easy for me .
I would absolutely build with GJ Gardner again, no doubts at all.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Sharon, Were thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with G.J. Gardner Homes Wodonga and that they made you build process so easy. We hope you have many happy years in your new G... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Point Cook Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Absolutely amazing first home build experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

We had an absolutely amazing first build experience with GJ Point Cook. From start to finish they were always professional, easy going and accommodating to our change requests and helpful with suggestions during quote, design and colour selection process. The build quality and workmanship was second to none.
We loved that there was a good line of communication throughout and the weekly progress updates during the build with photos was one we looked forward to. We have already recommended GJ Point Cook to a number of our family and friends and will ALWAYS recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.THANK YOU GJ for our beautiful home!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Maheshi, Thanks for taking the time to give G.J. Gardner Homes Point Cook a 5-star review. We’re thrilled to hear that they were professional and easy to deal with from start to finish and prov... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Tamworth Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Above and beyond what we had expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

From the very first minute we stepped into the display home with dreams and ideas to the last moment when we were handed the keys, GJ Gardner went above and beyond to help us design an amazing home. The team were more than able to accommodate our needs. We were so surprised (and pleased) with the many options for each feature in the home and we only upgraded a few minor things as a matter of luxury. The entire team were hardworking, integral and motivated. They prepared us every step of the way and delivered a high quality home. We definitely made the right choice when selecting GJ Gardner as our builder. We love your work! Thankyou GJ Gardner Tamworth.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! The team at G.J Gardner Tamworth are passionate about building beautiful homes and delivering an enjoyable experience. Thank you for choosing to build with G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!

Cameron Park

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Newcastle Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Thank You G.J. Gardner Newcastle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

We built our first home with G.J. Gardner Newcastle and were so pleased that we decided to build our 'forever' home with them. We are beyond happy. The entire team have been so helpful and communicative. Specially we wanna give big thanks to the operations manager. She was amazing through whole process of the building and even after the completion of the building. We are also happy with the quality of our new home, and the workmanship that has gone into it. I definitely made the right decision going with G.J Gardener Newcastle and would not hesitate to recommend them.

Management of building 5
Building quality 5
Issue handling 5
Final cost 4.5
Time frame 4.5
Communication 5

Thank you G.J. Gardner Newcastle

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! Amazing, clear communication and quality workmanship - these are qualities we pride ourselves on at G.J. Gardner Homes. We're so glad you had a wonderful building e... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Gold Coast North Construction End Date: Oct 2018

A house to call a home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

From our first introduction with Les Johnson to our final handover. The team at Gj Gardner presented us with a vision of our dream .Their understanding and commitment to the build was second to none , with Gj Gardner you get the service and quality you would expect when building a home especially when it’s your first home . No hidden costs the contract price is the price .Our upgrades were minimal but that's just it , you only need to get the few extra luxuries because the quality,range and finishings of products supplied are already of high standards. As nerve racking as it is having your first home built can be , the team at Gj Gardner definitely keep you at ease . So if you’re looking for a new build on the Gold coast contact Les Johnson at Gj Gardner and see for yourself. Once again thank you to all the team for your service, commitment and quality homes for turning our dream home into a reality.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Lachy, Thank you for the lovely review, it means a great deal to our team to get such positive feedback. We are privileged to have been able to build your home and hope you have many wonderful ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Swan Hill Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Amazing experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Right from the very start to the end of the build, it was a stress free experience. Being my first ever build everyone involved were very helpful and made things very easy to understand. It was top quality service, if I had an issue with something they would fix the issue right away with no fuss. I liked how I got a text message every week with a daily update with how the build was going and what was happening next.
Overall G.J. Gardner Homes staff are a cut above the rest. So professional with A class service.
I would highly recommend this company if your planning on building a house. The workmanship and build quality is second to none. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Letitia, We're thrilled to hear that you had such a top quality service for building your new home, and that G.J. Gardner Homes Swan Hill delivered a quality home. We hope you have many happy... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Point Cook Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Builders like G.J Gardner Point Cook Vic should be acknowledged

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Having been burnt and lost money with Sulja Homes that went bust, we were very cautious on our next choice. Simon, Anyeta and the entire Point Cook (Vic) team were excellent from start to finish. The site supervisor was brilliant and made contact every week with photos, calls and messages of the progress. Very transparent in all their dealings and no surprises (cost) along the way. The build is excellent as it was taken care of as if we were family. We highly recommend GJ Gardner and certainly will choose them for any future builds.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Terese, Thanks for taking the time to give us a 5 star review. We're thrilled to hear that the G.J. Gardner Homes Point Cook team treated you as part of the family and delivered an excellent bu... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Springfield / Ripley Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Phenomenal company with exceptional customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

From the initial phone call right through to handover, our experience with G.J. Gardner Springfield/Ripley was outstanding and we would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to build their dream home. Top quality service throughout made the process easy and stress free. Nothing was ever a problem and they were always willing to go that extra mile.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the entire team that assisted us with our project.

Jon Farrell (Sales Consultant) - your tireless work and persistence during negotiations was incredible. We had a budget and he respected that from the get go, never trying to push for more than we could afford.
Day and night he was there answering any questions we had, always putting our minds at ease, double checking information and reassuring us that everything will go to plan.

Daniel Carroll (Construction Supervisor) - Dan was amazing throughout the entire build. As we live interstate, he would always send us progress shots of the house to keep us in the loop. Dan is an incredible construction Supervisor with the finest eye for detail.

Iain Harris (Director) - We never personally spoke to Iain, however he was extremely considerate of our needs and expectations from a dollar value perspective and would like to sincerely thank him for that. During negotiations he was always easy to deal with and he does really care about giving his clients the best outcome for the best value.

Denise Skillecorn (Colour Consultant) Danielle Lynch and Tammy Ormesher (Contracts Administrators) and Carmel Platell (Accounts Administrator). All of these ladies were fantastic, so helpful and extremely patient with us. They all went out of their way to help us in every way they could.

We’d highly recommend this company if your planning on building a house. The workmanship and build quality is second to none. I promise you won’t be disappointed!!!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Kris and Lyndsey, thank you so much for your amazing feedback, it means more to us than you know to hear how your experience with our entire team went. We really enjoyed helping you build your h... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bendigo Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Nice house, poor customer experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

This is the second review I've posted about my G. J. Gardner Bendigo experience. The first I (voluntarily) decided to take down - although it should not have needed me to post a review for them to agree to look into the issues raised. Despite them fixing these, what they can't rectify is the poor customer service I experienced during and post building. Working with the staff at Sunbury during the planning stages went well enough and was overall mostly a good experience but unfortunately the build stage things seemed to go down hill.
It started with them starting building before I had secured a bank loan, I had to constantly chase them for information and follow up emails; my first build supervisor didn't call once to update me on progress or offer me a site visit, issues raised such as dumping from my build onto my neighbour's block took months to rectify despite both of us repeatedly calling and emailing asking for it to be done. During the lengthy delay before completion no explanation was given and getting updated information was a struggle.
The house is nice and well built, unfortunately that doesn't make up for the lack of interest I felt they took in my build or the stress from constantly chasing them, even to get them to rectify the issues raised in my previous review was an effort. Would not build with them again nor recommend to others. In the end they say that you don't remember what happened but you do remember how it made you feel, this adequately sums up my Gardner's experience.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Danielle, Apologies to hear that you still feel your experience with the Bendigo team was below expectation. We understand that the Bendigo team are still working through your maintenance items... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bendigo Construction End Date: Oct 2018

A great family home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

This is the second time we have built a house, and the process was by far a much more thorough and professional experience to our first time. From the moment we decided to investigate building a bigger house for our growing family, to when we walked in the front door on handover day we dealt with many friendly and helpful people from GJ Gardner Homes in Bendigo. When we were signing the building contracts there was a change in rules relating to fire ratings, permits and requirements, costs etc. GJ Gardner Homes Bendigo helped us to navigate this, and saved us some extra costs. We had a rough idea of what we wanted to include, and we were also offered helpful suggestions along the way. The workmanship and quality of products/materials used in the home has been amazing. The floor plan and size of the home is perfect for my husband and I, teenage boys and 6 year old daughter.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Emma, We're thrilled to hear that you had such a thorough and professional experience from the outset and throughout with G.J. Gardner Homes Bendigo. We're glad that your new home is perfect fo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Sunshine Coast North Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Best Service and Finished Product in Three Builds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

From our first meeting with the sales consultant to the hand-over everything went very smoothly. We have built previously; however, this was by far the most professional and least stressful. The house was finished over 2 weeks ahead of schedule, and to the agreed price. We are very satisfied with the quality of the workmanship. The few, minor issues that arose were dealt with immediately by the building supervisor. We have been in the house for over 2 months and only one or two minor issues have arisen and they were dealt with quickly by the builder. We highly recommend GJ Garner Noosaville to anyone thinking of building in northern Sunshine Coast area.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi David and Julie, thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world to us that you had a positive experience with our team and it was an absolute honour to build your new G.J. Gardner Hom... read more »

port macquarie

• 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Port Macquarie Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our Dream Retirement Home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

My wife Dianne and I knew that in order to achieve our new home building objective - to build a quality home in the Camden Haven area - we would need a trusted, quality home builder in the Port Macquarie region.
After careful consideration we chose and engaged leading home builder “GJ Gardner Homes” in Port Macquarie to construct our new home.
In the early stages of our home planning we found all the GJ Gardner consultants to be very knowledgeable, supportive and professional at all times, particularly when dealing with local planning authorities.
During the construction stage the skilled tradesmen were always polite and open to our enquiries, whilst on the job building progress was closely monitored daily by the Site Building Manager.
During the building time we found the entire team at GJ Gardner Homes, comprising consultants, tradesmen, site manager and management, were at all times very professional and supportive of Dianne and I.
Building completion was achieved in a most timely manner and after completion minor corrections were addressed without delay.
The GJ Gardner Port Macquarie team, capably led by director Trevor Burns, have produced a first class home for Dianne and I to live in and we are very proud of our beautiful new home.
Furthermore, Dianne and I are very pleased with our decision to select 1st class home builder GJ Gardner Homes to have built our home, which is paramount to our lifestyle.
To others who are considering building their own new home in the Port Macquarie/Camden Haven area, we strongly recommend this quality home builder, GJ Gardner Homes, for their consideration.
From very happy new home owners,

Peter & Dianne

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Wow thank you for the 5-star review! We're so glad we were able to build your dream home. Trevor and his team are amazing and professional at what they do. Thank you for choosing G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!

Thank you for your response ; every word of our review is correct and we knew we didn't have to do it. Trevor and all the team were excellent to us and built a great home, without any fuss at any... read more »

G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you so much Peter & Dianne, we really appreciate your kind words. :)

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Jimboomba Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Solid company, good experience.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

First time home owners, which was a nice experience. Initial planning was clear (with assistance), and each staff member we encountered was receptive. Photos were regularly uploaded after the site manager was changed, which greatly helped us see the 'live' progress of the build. The quality of the build is great, our inspection officer even complimented the work he noticed. One issue we have noticed after building is the lack of the retaining wall. We were initially told that this would not be required due to the slope of the property. However, after heavy rain, we noticed that over time, this could definitely become an issue if it wasn't addressed. This was not accounted for in the budgeting, so additional landscaping money has to be spent. The cost of the build itself was what we expected, even with modifications, we were easily in our budget range.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Dylan, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate having such positive feedback. We really hope you enjoy your first ever home and we are grateful you choose GJ Gardner Homes to be apart ... read more »

Dubbo

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Dubbo Construction End Date: May 2018

The house is everything we expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

The initial meetings detailing the build and our variations were conducted in a friendly and professional manner. the workmanship and quality of the build could only be explained in one description, that being that the house was built by the tradespeople as if it was their own house. The changes were managed well, quality was good, any problems were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The office staff were friendly and helpful all the way through and beyond the build. Whilst the final price was greater than our original contracted price, the variations we added were worth it to realise our dream home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed your build process with G.J. Gardner Homes Dubbo! Enjoy your new home!

1 of 38 pages