Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Swan Hill Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Very satisfied with home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Right from the beginning I received excellent service & help from Darren, Bronwyn & staff. In choosing a design they were very helpful providing accurate answers to any questions I had. The building commenced when they said it would & at every stage of construction I was informed of the progress & invited to inspect the work. I was very satisfied with the quality of the building workmanship & Darren's professionalism during construction.
A couple of months after tenants moving in their was a problem with the garage roller door. After advising Darren, the problem was rectified immediately. After sales service was excellent.
Overall I was very happy with the final result & if I was to build again I wouldn't hesitate in choosing Darren & Bronwyn as the whole project was stress free & exciting.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your building experience Ross. We are glad you enjoyed building your new home with our Swan Hill team and that you're happy with your new home.
Kind Regards,
Rhiannon
G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Shoalhaven Construction End Date: Jun 2017

We are very happy with G.J.Gardner shoalhaven.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Workmanship is fantastic and general build quality is great.
The build was managed great I didn't even have to go down to inspect till handover as I live in Sydney.
I was kept informed every step of the way as to where we were with the build from the supervisor and the admin staff at the office.
Great job guys thanks for all your great work.
Chris and Paige

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Chris and Paige. Thanks so much for your 5 Star review. G.J.Gardner Shoalhaven is an amazing office so we're glad you had a great experience.

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Swan Hill Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Not just a Builder!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Thank you Darren, Bronwyn, Emily and Tegan.
Our home has been around 3 years in the making. From our very first visit to speak to Tegan nothing was an issue.
After many designs drawn on different size blocks Bronwyn, Emily and Tegan redesigned an existing plan to suit our needs.
While our house was getting built Darren kept us well informed on what was happening at each stage and we found this a very easy process. If there was a hold up with trades or product Darren let us know or even when we changed our mind on a couple of things Darren was also very accommodating to change or give us advice on what he thought we should do.
The best thing we found with building our house through GJ Gardner Swan Hill was not the build but the constant advice we could get on the small things that make a house a home like colours, tap ware, tiles, paint colour etc. This advice also extended through to their sub - trades. Cathy at Carpet Court was extremely helpful and worked through colours from our kitchen and walls to create the perfect match in carpet and vinyl flooring.
Thank you Darren and Bronwyn, we are very proud of our house and as we have mentioned before the offer is always there to bring people through to show your workmanship.
Stephen and Belinda

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks Stephen and Belinda! We are thrilled to hear you loved the process building with Darren and Bronwyn in Swan Hill. We're glad you love your new G.J. Gardner Home!
Regards,
Rhiannon
G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Office Location: SA, Riverland Construction End Date: Sep 2017

We just love our house, the process was made so enjoyable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

We can't thank the team at GJ Gardner homes Renmark, they made the process of building our new house fun and stress free. Our house is everything we could of imagined and more, the team at Renmark were so accommodating and really went out of their way to provide us with everything we asked for. They were really flexible when it came to changing my mind on selections right up until 2 weeks before we got our keys! Service like that is hard to find these days. The team were always so welcoming and made us feel very comfortable in all our decisions we made. We are so happy with our beautiful new home.

Renmark

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Perfect house, exactly what we wanted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Thank you so much gj Gardner Renmark. We have had nothing but the best service. Highly recommend them. Helen, glen, Troy and Sam have been amazing. Our house is everything we wanted. It’s like a dream home. We can not thank you enough. They were so helpful. If anyone is looking at building I would recommend them. My kitchen is amazing. Totally in love.

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Swan Hill Construction End Date: Oct 2017

What a Joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Our house has the wrong colour grout which we picked up from the start we were told it will lighten off in couple weeks it was meant to be light grey its now mustard 22 days until we move in... not to mention our doors were meant to be surfmist to match "the light grey grout" they have been painted black i haven't received answers from my emails I've rang head office we haven't once been asked if we are happy with the progress and how we feel on the service my partner has been told there's not much that can be done first home builders very disappointed in the service something that should be exciting you can be proud about not angry and disastified would have loved to have got what we asked and paid for so we could recommend and speak highly!!!! Always keep an eye on the progress and nip it in the bud asap.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Carmen We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the colour of the mortar. However as per phone calls and a meeting with our Swan Hill office last week we agreed to change the colour... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Ararat Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Love my new house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

From the very beginning, my experience with the team and G.J Gardner Homes, Ararat, Horsham & Hamilton was very positive. The team were always available to answer any questions I had and were always very helpful. As a young adult and a first home buyer, I found it hard to understand a lot of things and a lot of the processes that come with building a home but the guys at GJ helped me understand everything to the best of their ability. I had weekly updates about the build which really kept me in the loop. I was able to look through the house throughout the build to see what was happening and how it all worked. The overall experience was fantastic and I would definitely recommend GJ Gardner Homes to any of my friends or family looking to build a new home. I absolutely love my new house and have found no faults. Thanks to the team for everything! Great business.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

We are so happy that you love your new home. We hope you enjoy it for many year to come and love showing it off to your family and friends. Thanks for posting the feedback.
Cheers
Dan G.J. Gardner Home Vic/Tas

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Sunbury Construction End Date: May 2018

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

We researched and approached several Vic builders only to face poor customer service, lack of transparency regarding costs and inflexibility when it came to any changes we wanted to make. We were fast losing heart, then we approached GJ Gardner, Sunbury/Gisborne. What a difference, everyone in this team was great, especially their New Homes Consultant and their Contracts Administrator. There was no 'them and us' environment, we felt like we were part of a team that only wanted to give us the best outcome possible. Even after the contract was signed we still experienced excellent customer service. We now have a building permit and look forward with confidence that it should be a good build.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Carla, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you had a first class experience with our Sunbury/Gisborne team. We can't wait to build you dream home with you. Enjoy the process at ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Southern Highlands Construction End Date: May 2017

Ahhmazinggg !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I was a new home builder with no idea of construction and build knowledge. The team at GJ Gardner Homes Southern Highlands was fantastic. Their knowledge and expertise was outstanding. From the beginning with my sales person, who couldn't supply enough information about every item going into my home. Every question was answered professionally and thoroughly. When dealing with the office staff, nothing was ever a problem. Their professionalism and promptness was second to none. The colour consultation, again was made so easy. I made my decisions and was helped by their colour consultant to make things even better, my home is amazing. Once my home started on site, the site manager was excellent. Every phone call and email was answered the same day. Some changes were asked, and where possible they were accommodated with ease. Site inspections were held throughout the build, which was a great opportunity to walk through and ask my many questions. I was made to feel very involved with my new home build. I received weekly updates on the progress of my new home which again was just fantastic. The finished product is more than I could have ever imagined. The finishing touches and workmanship are of the highest quality. I am now living in my new GJ Gardner home, and loving it. I can't thank the team at the Southern Highlands office enough, David O'Brien the franchise owner, really knows how to build new homes!. I tell anyone and everyone who is looking to build a new home to definitely go and talk to the staff at GJ Gardner Homes Southern Highlands, it will be best decision they'll make..

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for your Ahhmazinggg review! Dave, Renee and the whole team at GJ Gardner Homes Southern Highlands certainly do know how to build quality homes. And Dave just got voted "Business Person o... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Goulburn Construction End Date: Dec 2015

Extremely happy Customers !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

We built with G.J Gardner Homes in Goulburn - WOW what can i say ..... .We were extremely impressed with the whole process from the planning stage through to the workmanship and quality of the build, we had fantastic customer service from the office & our Construction supervisor , throughout the process we were kept up to date with weekly emails which was fantastic as we were currently living out of the area. We have already recommended GJ Gardner homes Goulburn to our friends and family we are just so pleased with everything, we are already looking at building with GJ Gardner Homes Goulburn again.
Thank you so much.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks so much for the review and the recommendations to your friends and family. We're so glad that the process was enjoyable for you. Building your new home should be something that is enjoyed, n... read more »

Ballarat, VIC

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Ballarat Construction End Date: Sep 2017

GJ Gardner Ballarat...you guys are amazing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

After researching many builders we finally settled with GJ Gardner Ballarat for our 1st new house. From Day 1 to getting keys in our hands everything was so smooth and easy. It's always tough in the beginning to get going with plans, budget, design etc. But Nathan took care of us with finalizing a plan which suited our budget and also gave valuable suggestion with all the inclusions. Rob was so easy to deal with especially while discussing contract inclusions and every other aspect of our build. Its not often you see the main person sitting with you and making you more comfortable. Brianna kept us in the loop with every initial stages of the build especially getting the council approval and other things quicker. Natalie was so fun during our color selection and gave us heaps of advise with selecting appropriate materials and colors. Lisa made sure every week we receive the construction update without fail. Finally we had Adrien, our construction supervisor, an amazing human being. Adrien arranged meet and greet every 2 weeks at the site for us to see the development with our build and to make sure everything is going as we needed.
When we got the keys, we were so happy with everything we had. It was just amazing how GJ Gardner Ballarat team gave us the dream home which we as a young couple looking for.
Every individual at GJ Gardner were so friendly, we could get them on phone very quickly for every queries at all stages.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi George,
We are thrilled that you love your home and had a great experience with our Ballarat team.
Thanks for choosing G.J. Gardner Homes as your builder.
Kind regards,
Dan - G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Jervis Bay

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Shoalhaven Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Undoubtedly the best in builders around.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Okay, lets begin, this'll be pretty long. We started our building process with Meischa at the South Nowra display home centre. The display homes looked excellent and we were impressed from the start with the absolute quality finishes in those displays. After a couple of visits with Meisha looking at our site we chose the best plan. The consulting process was the most professional and efficient of all of the builders we saw. GJ Gardner clearly have the best quality houses available.

A point on that. GJ did seem more expensive upfront but when we looked at small things like what the shelves inside the cupboards were made of (one builder had weird wire mesh things), the joining and the flooring types the choice was actually pretty obvious.

Another thing, Meischa was brilliant as a consultant. She recommended a bunch of small things that we wouldn't have thought of. Small things like a couple of extra power points here and there, light switches at both ends of a hallway, mirror heights that suited kids and adults a little better than in the general plan. It's the small touches that can make a big difference and they were all covered by Meischa.

The colour consultations were good and pretty easy. We didn't have much of an idea of what we wanted but were correctly advised of our colour choices as they applied to the covenants of our estate. In the end the choices were done smoothly and GJ even went in to bat for us when the land developer rejected our original colours. They fought and won against them and we got what we wanted.

After waiting ages for the land to be ready GJ Gardner were the first builders on site. Not just with my home but everywhere here. They had four houses up before the next builder had even fenced off a construction site (Hotondo were next). My house was in the second group of houses to be built by the GJ and was started around the same time as Hotondo put their first ones in. Our place was done before Hotondo had finished the framework on their site. I am aware that speed sometimes means they're cutting corners, GJ haven't. I was invited to be involved in every stage of the construction and saw no corners being cut, nothing being missed and quality building everywhere.

Communication during the build was excellent. Our site manager, Ryan, was always available to take a call or show us around a site. If something was wrong or didn't line up or could be made better he called us and made sure we were aware. For example, when installing the exterior drainage Ryan remembered that I was worried about drainage in our property (it's mostly horrible clay) and called me as the trenches were being dug. He, the plumber and I spoke about the initial plan and made some improvements based upon the plumber's recommendations. To this point, the recommendations worked and the change was easily done.

Handover was excellent and within the 21 week building timeframe. Meischa, Mel and Ryan made a bit of an event about it and we shared some champagne. Today I heard about another tennant who had handover recently with another builder (Masterton) and all the site manager did was turn up and demand a cheque. Ouch.

There were a couple of issues with the finishes. I'm going to be blunt, the initial paint job internally was absolutely terrible. I'd love to curb my words a bit here but it would be untruthful to say anything else. There were unpainted sections, handprints, some paint splatter on the floor and just really poor work. However, I'm happy to say that GJ came straight to the party with it all and it was all fixed quite quickly and is now at the standard we would expect. There were no other significant issues that we had to worry about.

We're a couple of months after the initial maintenance period now and so far have had no other issues. The house is outstanding. I've gotten to know some of my neighbours who built with other builders and they all have the most bizarre horror stories. Driveways that are literally a metre thick in concrete and so steep that they can't drive up them, builds taking over 12 months (and still within the contracted time!!!!), fencing problems that the builder is unwilling to fix even though contracted, builds not commencing for two years, wobbly walls...just amazing stuff. None of which has happened in our build with GJ.

Most people told us prior to us building that it is one of the most stressful things that people do. For us it really wasn't. We didn't have to do much except make a couple of fairly easy decisions. Everything else was taken care of with efficient communication, good conduct and upfront no bulls**t contracts. We didn't even get stung with having to pay for extras like a lot of people around here have. What we paid was what was laid out in advance.

Finally, being actual locals (my kids go to the same school as the people who own the company down here) they have to maintain their reputation because, in small towns like this, word gets around. I know their reputation is vital to them and they work hard to maintain it. It shows in almost every aspect of their work.

I have no problems at all in recommending GJ Gardner as a builder and would build with them again.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks so much for this amazing and detailed review. Nathan and Sean at GJ Gardner Shoalhaven have a great team. We're so glad you chose to build with us and that you had a wonderful experience. Enjoy your new home.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Gympie Construction End Date: May 2017

a beautiful home phillip smith

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

the workmanship was of a good quality some cracking of concrete not bad
build was well managed every time we went to the site it was clean and tidy
the customer service was great
my partner and myself are very happy with the house it is everything we wanted love it
thank you to Gj Gardner for a beautiful home

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Phil, Thanks so much for the wonderful review - we are thrilled you chose G.J. Gardner Homes to build your family home and we hope you only have positive memories moving forward. Best of luc... read more »

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Orange Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Fantastic builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

The whole process from start to finish was totally stress free thanks to the 5 start service of GJ Gardner Homes Orange. Customer service was brilliant with each of the staff always ready to help. We received weekly email updates and photos were added to the website, which was really great as we live in Sydney. Staff made themselves available on weekends to do site inspections.
We can't fault the workmanship and the quality of the build is outstanding. The house was constructed within the contract time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Rosie, thank you for your fantastic review. Mark and Debs are wonderful and GJ Gardner Orange have the highest satisfaction ratings in our network. We're very pleased your build was stress-free. Enjoy your new house!

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Goulburn Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Substandard workmanship

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

“We cherry pick all of our (local?) Trades to ensure we produce high quality workmanship on every home we build. You can be rest assured you will have the highest quality finishes when you build with us your local G.J. Gardner Homes Goulburn builders.”

I question the statements above, extracted from their web site. We had the hand over in December 2016. After the initial 3 months “maintenance” notification we have what we believe the final “corrections” completed late August 2017.
Sadly the following points are far, far, from what would be considered “high quality workmanship” by “cherry picked” trades.
The brickwork is no reflection of that produced in the display home at Kidd Circuit. It is cobbled with poor flush mortar joints. At corners, one can see daylight where it appears dry bricks were laid and moisture was sucked from the mortar. A brick under the verandah ceiling had no mortar. Some of the bricks were proud of the foundations and in particular the front entrance pillar overhangs by 40mm, sort of cantilevered. The weeper holes were not all vertical slots between the bricks; many were inverted T shapes up to 15cm long and some were even closed up. Expansion gaps around the house had filler spread up to 50mm across the brick work in places. The porch has a pillar, the type that has stacker stone over brick to 173cm, this encases a floor to ceiling timber post. The top of this brick pillar was left unfinished where torrential rain fell inwards. I purchased a concrete paver to be fitted.
The plans clearly had electrical cabling marked where a cable/conduit was required for a future shed some 30 meters from the rear of the house and another to service the AWTS. These were attached unpainted after thoughts in lieu of placing them inside the large verandah pillars. We found the smoke alarms to be faulty after contacting the electrician. He knew they were, but no follow up on his part! Good to see that an 8 meter long passage was provided with one light switch; who’d have thought that a two-way switch was an option? This switch is pointless to use. Good to find that we needed to provide our own lights for the walk-in-pantry, linen press, walk-in-robe and roof aircon platform. The data cabinet located in the garage is designed to be recessed into the wall with “punch outs” for cabling; now a 130mm protrusion it is simply a shoulder injury waiting to happen.
The carpentry/joinery was seriously lacking given that the kitchen-garage left side door frame had to be shoved back 40mm to ensure it was parallel to the floor tiles. A job that entailed replacing the floor tiles in that area. The door also was poorly fitted being some 25mm above the floor. I added an extension at the base. The front door was unable to be dead locked as the recess for the tongue was not deep enough. Nothing “tested” by the installer! This door was also reworked by myself to exclude any draughts. Rubber strips couldn’t be used as there was no “face” to make contact apart from a millimetre. So another architrave frame was fitted to the outside for the door to close flush against. Bathroom door did not close no matter how hard it was pulled shut. (Again, not tested) The WC architrave was cut short so a piece of foam was packed in and patched with grout. Clever. Numerous mitre joints around the windows were botched; some with bad gaps (not settlement) and some not even flush. Warped doors have been replaced (some still are but they are “inside” the HIA guidelines. Warped is warped and when one can see daylight through the bottom half when closed apparently its “acceptable”. Built in robe doors kicked out at the bottom by up to 15mm. Clearly visible but were “accepted” by the fitter. Trim around the eaves were really substandard, loose, gaps and some not aligned.
Plumbing had issues that clearly were not tested on installation. The WC hand basin did not drain as there was a “blank” that was not removed in the S bend under the basin. On having the front load washer installed by same plumbing company it was found that there was gravel in the lines. They also had to replace the water tank overflow as they crushed it during installation of the AWTS.
The installation of the tank was substandard. We have 90mm inlets however the overflow was a mere 30mm as a consequence the tank overflowed where one would sink 10 inches into the blue metal. Some 10 tonnes of water weighing down on a waterlogged house foundation for weeks. The plumbing into the house for WC and clothes washing also burst.
Cornices had to be reworked as some joins were visibly out of line. Split corner plaster in WC, I’ll fix that!
The paint! A point on this was made on the 3 month check list at the bottom of the sheet stating words to the effect “paint finishes will not be discussed as it is not a maintenance issue or words to that effect. Gardner’s knew it was seriously substandard. I contacted Taubmans to intervene on how a painter had used their product. As a consequence all the woodwork had to be redone. Taubmans stated that it had to be done with 2 coats with sanding between. I witnessed the original painter place the sandpaper in the palm of his hand and sanded a 4 metre long window architrave at walking pace. Good practice? Some walls were also in need of redoing as the “touch ups” were clearly visible, in particular the gloss woodwork touch ups were done with the correct mix over thinned gloss rendered matt.
Tiling! Where to begin. The home has 75 square meters of tiling, the majority are 450mm x 450mm. SIXTY THREE (63) tiles did not have complete contact with the concrete slab. Some tiles are 1-2mm above others, grout gaps vary, spacers not used. No notched trowel for these guys, just the old pointed mortar trowel. Slop it onto the concrete and push the tile down and pray it spreads under the tile. Along the stacker doors, a combined 7.9 metres the grout cracked and in places was just wiped across the tile, it fell down to floor level. All had to be scaped out and siliconed since it expands in the sun. All the wet areas, both bathrooms had to have the corners scraped out and replaced by silicone. The grout was cracking (thought silicone was normal this century). The entire doorstep had hollow tiles. One tile was held in place with grout; that was a 300mm x 300mm shower stall tile under the glass screen. The entire tile was hollow. The house design has 3 pillars of stacker stone. Agreed to have the jagged bits protruding because repairs could be worse. However the gaps, up to 5mm have all since been grouted. A Tiling Coy mused that they had never seen stacker stone done like that before. Some, repeat some, of the tiles have been replaced however, we hope the vast majority will not fall foul of a stiletto or an object being dropped as these belonged to a “batch”. Replacements were delivered but they had a tint of blue that would pop out. Also 1-2 mm larger. Selecting tiles? Beware! The original tilers came back and removed some from the edge of the verandah however, they ended up being 7mm higher and STILL hollow. What is going to happen with this mess hanging over our heads? One thing that EVERY visitor asks is why are the tiles that flow out the stacker doors (7.9 Metres) 120mm offset from the ones inside? Really serious disaster. How can a tiler get THAT wrong?
As for the verandah ceiling, I’ve never seen one as bad. Sheets have been jammed into the plastic joining strips where they have opened up leaving spider cracks. A simple job for any DIYer, but not for the builder. Joining strips have been cut short also. Undulating ceilings give character, eh?
As for the Stacker doors, I’m dealing with them since our 3 month’s grace has passed. Wind howls through the tops of them. I don’t like my chances since Gardner has chosen a 1.4 star company A&L Windows to supply and fit. I’m still waiting after 3 phone calls.
All the above has come under the guise of high quality workmanship.
So many questions as to whom were employed, their qualifications, their remuneration, and were there qualified tradesmen overseeing the processes being done? How were these “cherry picked”. At least the statement was corrected by deleting local cherry picked tradies.

We stand by GJ Gardner’s house plan, the components gone into it and the standard features are presently above other volume builders in the region.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi PWalker thankyou for taking the time to outline the issues raised in your review. We use each and every one of our reviews to drive ongoing improvement in our business. Would it be possible t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - West (Penrith) Construction End Date: May 2015

Absolutely perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

We had the best experience with GJ Gardner Sydney West, from start to finish they were very easy to deal with, very professional and understanding! The quality of our build is exceptional...... We had heard a lot of bad experiences from family and friends about building (from other builders) and were a little nervous! But from day 1 they were amazing to work with! From the financial team to the colour selection to the build and handover , everything went as smoothly as it could! You are always going to run into some kind of problem when your building a custom designed home but those problems were very quickly and efficiently fixed!
I would highly recommend GJ to anyone who is thinking of building, you will not regret it!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks so much for the review! We're glad you had such a great experience. Dave, Belinda, Brent and Dean have a wonderful team that goes above and beyond to make the building process as stress-free as possible. Enjoy your new home.

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Geelong Construction End Date: Aug 2017

New Townhouse - Belmont

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

GJ Gardiner were great to deal with right from day 1 of our build. As this was a custom designed home we went through a lot of iterations to get to a final design, and they were happy to help.
The build went smoothly and we had plenty of opportunities to meet with the supervisor and to view the house during construction. The supervisor was always easy to contact and deal with. The build quality was to a good standard, and we're very happy with the result.
Thanks very much for all of your hard work GJ Geelong, and we would be happy to recommend to prospective clients/build through GJ again in future.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Matt
Thanks so much for the feedback. We are thrilled that you had a great experience with G.J. Gardner Homes and would recommend us to other people. We hope you enjoy your new home. Cheers Dan G.J. Gander Homes Vic/Tas

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Cairns Construction End Date: May 2017

100% Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Being a retired couple in our late 70s, the desire for a comfortable, easy to manage home was a priority. The wonderful customer service, advice and support from day 1 and throughout the build from all staff at the Cairns office made the building experience a pleasure and hassle free. The quality of workmanship, materials and fittings supplied are excellent and building progress was managed satisfactorily and professionally with delays kept to a minimum. We are now living in a home that will take us happily and safely into our old age. Thanks G. J. Gardner.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Springfield / Ripley Construction End Date: Aug 2017

New Home builders - with every dark cloud there is a silver lining

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Our house building journey has been turbulent to say the least as we had a previous builder who went bankrupt on us and then we had to go through the QBCC insurance route. Throughout many of those moments we began to lose hope of ever completing the project in a desirable time frame. On reflection it worked out for the best as we would never have gotten this far and so close to moving in without the help of Iain, Daniel and the team at GJ Gardner Springfield/Ripley. They rescued us! Their level of commitment was evident from our very first meeting and remained steadfast throughout. This in turn helped us to put complete trust in their ability to deliver high quality workmanship and customer satisfaction that was originally promised to us. No question or phone call was left unanswered.

On the 22nd May, GJ Gardner Springfield/Ripley commenced with the next stage (FRAME) and we were allocated a site supervisor (Daniel Carroll) which we were already in contact with and met up on the Friday 26th May at our block to discuss the build time frames etc. After meeting Daniel for the first time, I knew he was the right guy for the job. The following week I had my wife meet him so she was also rest assured we would get everything as per the plan and explained his ability to get the job done.

Daniel restored our faith with building our first new home as he always kept us well informed, stayed in touch on a weekly basis, and most importantly stayed true and honest to our build. With Daniel and GJ on our side we knew we had something special. Hardly a day went past where there wasn’t anything happening. Every day we would pass the house on the way home, and there was always something else completed or started which was always exciting and nothing was ever stagnant for too long.

We moved in on the week of the 7th of August (less than 3 months build time) and what a turnaround!!

We were kept up to date with every stage of the process and at no time felt left out of the decision making. We highly recommend GJ Gardner Springfield/Ripley as a choice of trusted builder for anyone looking to design their future home. You will not be disappointed! Thank you and best wishes.

All the best

Cory & Laura Madden

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Cory and Laura, thank you so much for your kind words and detailed account of your experience with Iain and the Team at G.J. Gardner Homes Springfield/Ripley. We are sorry to hear about how yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Melbourne North West (Essendon) Construction End Date: May 2017

Reliable builder in Essendon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

We want to thank builder Mark and his team at Essendon branch for building our family home with care. It is a custom build from the scratch. Now we are living in the house what we dreamt for. They have built our home exactly how we wanted. From the very beginning Mark and his team were very helpful, friendly and professional. After the first meeting with them I knew I have come to the right place. We were happy and relaxed with whole process, designing, building, moving and even settling in. We are very happy with the quality of the work. Their communication is excellent. Phone call, text or email, never had to wait for a decision. You ring Mark and it is done. We are very pleased and want to thank him for his “ Yes I can “ attitude. The house we were renting got sold, so we had to move out on a specific date , Mark and his team worked hard to finish our home for us to move in.
After moving in he came early in the morning to install the washing machine and the dryer. He also came in with his carpenter to hang all the heavy stuff and mirrors on the wall. He is helping with the landscaping too. The list goes on…
I wish him and his team all the best.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the great feedback. We are thrilled that you are in your dream family home and had a fantastic experience building with us. We hope you and your family continue to enjoy your beautifu... read more »

1 of 25 pages