From April 1st 2018, Henley Homes is currently offering a $100 Coles evoucher to customers encouraging either a positive or negative review based on their build experience. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers. For instructions, on how this incentive is claimed please click here.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Perfect job done by henley homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

We received an excellent and satisfied service from henley throughout our building process.
At the start Anne dennett our sales representative , she's amazing and perfect in her profession which encourge us to go with henley homes. At the administrative level all our adminstrative consultants Amy Hary, Emily and tender guy they helped us a lot to choose all the items and explained all them according to our needs. Whenever we had a question we got quick reply from henley by email or a phone call .
Our construction supervisor and manger , Simon and Phil they did a fantastic job in the construction process. When we had issues while inspection after each stage they rectified them before the next stage on time .
So in short we are satisfied henley customers and also reccommend henley to others

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Rupinder, Wow, thank you for your kind worded review. We are so pleased to read that every aspect of your experience has been positive. We truly believe a supportive team is key to a st... read more »

Overall fairly satisfied

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Overall we were fairly satisfied with our build. It took 7months to arrange all the paperwork and final details and only 4 months to build.
There were a few things that were misleading such as the overall build cost didn’t include flooring, driveway, air conditioning or landscaping and at the last minute (after we had already paid our initial money) we had to pay an extra fee for some new thing where we were building out of their build area.
Thankfully we had a lovely supervisor who communicated back pretty quickly and addressed most of our questions and concerns. Some of the workmanship was good but some not so good such as the painting, handrails aren’t put into studs (they will come off the walls at anytime), scratches everywhere and mainly on the glass windows and the slab is very uneven.
If I was to go over every little defect there would be hundreds but if you don’t look too closely it’s not too bad.
The overall cost is what we expected and generally pretty happy.
Would I recommend?? Only if you have a good supervisor and tradesman working on your house!

Comments
Henley Official

Hello EDB, Thank you very much for your 3 star review. We are delighted to read that overall, you've been fairly satisfied with Henley. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with yo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2015

Take my advice look elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Hi, I’m not one to ever write a review, but I feel like I need to. I have a home built with Henley. Its a big home and I have never seen such bad workmanship! It’s actually embarrassing. I’ve had nothing but leaks! I have uneven flooring and my facade is falling apart. Please take my advice and look elsewhere.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Kelly, Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to read about your experience with Henley. We would like the opportunity to look into your concerns - can you please email customer... read more »

A unique experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Before our build started we loved the customer service we received from the Henley staff in the office. They were very accommodating and allowed us to make changes to our floor plan. We also believe that we got really good value for money with the price we paid for our house and what was included in our Henley reserve pack. Rebecca was extremely helpful at our colour appointment. We had regular contact from Henley to let us know how things were travelling in the lead up to starting construction. However, we were very disappointed with the construction stage. There was a definite lack of communication between the supervisor and us. We were extremely disappointed with the painting in our house as it is extremely rough. Our house has many paint drips, rough architraves which haven't been sanded or wiped before painting and skirting boards where you can see where they have missed painting with the gloss paint. It's been over a month since handover and we are still waiting to have many items attended to!

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Emma, Thank you very much for your review! We are pleased to read that you had a good experience with us prior to construction and that your colour consultant was extremely helpful. How... read more »

• 2 answers
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2016

Not cheap but pretty nasty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

It's been about 2 years since we moved in am I'm still finding new things that were half done or done shoddily. Terrible paint job in plenty of places. Screws missing from door hinges. Crooked walls and fixings. Even our roof insulation was completely missing which we only discovered after the 1 year warranty inspection. Even the warranty repairs were badly done. When you get sucked into adding on extra features and paying extra for the higher quality add-ons you're quickly under the false impression that your hard earned money is paying for a decent quality build. My advice to anyone planning to use Henley or any of the other big name builders is don't let them try to talk you out of getting an independent inspector. They will try to tell you that it slows down the build but in the end its definitely worth it. Ours picked up on so many things that even someone with no building knowledge could have done a better job on.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Seb, Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to pass on your feedback ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Home sweet home. A place we can now call our own.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

The majority of our build was a extremely stress free. From our initial visit to Henley’s display homes, where we instantly fell in love with the design of the house that we ended up choosing to build, everyone that we came into contact with, has been very nice and accommodating. Not because they wanted to lock us in with a sale, but because they really wanted to help us explore and decide on what we wanted in our home and what we needed. We never once felt pushed or forced into anything that we weren’t sure about. Henley explained and answered all our questions patiently and honestly.
The quality of our build was good, apart from a few minor issues which were rectified promptly and accordingly. Above all, we are very happy with the end result. So would I ever do it all again and build with Henley, or recommend Henley to friends and family? Yes we would (already have to friends and families)!

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Nga Nguyen, Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to read that you have had a stress free experience with Henley from start to finish. A team of helpful and knowledgeable... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Disappointed!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Henley display homes are good, sales people are good, but once you reach the appointment stages things starts to change downhill. I put initial deposit in Jan 2017 and blocked the price for 8 months. Decided to build single storey reserve house. Land titled in December 2017 and I kept asking Henley for colors, tender appointments before land settles but I was given my first appointment in last week of November 2017 and contract appointment in 1st or 2nd week of February 2018. Appointments were stretched into 3 months time. Things changed suddenly 2 days prior to contract appointment, when I received a call from Henley and was told that the house plan we were working on to build it too wide for the lot and either i choose the different plan or can apply for dispensation for which I have to pay from pocket $800 and will take 8 weeks time for the result and even then there are no guarantees that it will get approved and then I again I have to pick the different house plan. I asked what other plans are available to put on the lot and they come up with either 3 bedroom plans when my requirement was for 4 bedrooms or to go for double storey house.
I was in great mess and not my fault. Anyways, I selected a double storey plan and REQUESTED for same colors etc for the house. But was told that it is a new house and I have to go through everything again from the scratch. I asked for all appointments in one go or in a fortnight's time period. But never received any help in that and my appointments were stretched in 3 months till mid of May 2018.
I paid close to $7000 (discounted price) for delays in construction. The construction started in July and nearly 3 months into it and they haven't finished framing yet. I looked around in estate for Henley houses under construction and on weekday 3houses i saw, all were in middle of framing job and no one working on it. Most of the timber on my lot exposed to rain etc without plastic sheet on it sitting for nearly 3 weeks or more now.
Henley is signing more contract then they can handle. This is what I think.
Me and my friend bought land in same release and he started living in the house May2018 onwards and I will get my house hopefully by Feb or March 2019.
Being first home owner, I am also going to loose 50% around ($5000) of the stamp duty rebate as well. As there is a criteria of getting into the house within 12 months of land settlement which is due in Dec2018. In past have recommended Henley, not any more.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Ammight, Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to read that you have been disappointed with us so far; this is certainly not what we aim to provide to our customers. We would l... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Frustrating and Inhuman - No appliances, heater, hot water and Gas even after elapsing 14 days post

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

What service???? These guys are bullies!!!!!

I am living in my new house with a 2-year-old and a wife without basic amenities for 2 weeks now with a fear of him falling sick anytime. On escalation through to site manager, the site manager did not even bother to reply to my email or phone call. The construction admin refuses to provide any further escalation contact. This is bullying at its best.

Here is a list of major issues that I have faced so far.

No Amenities and inhabitable conditions:
With no appliances, hot water and heater, the house is pretty much rendered useless. I have shelled out nearly 7000 dollars so far as I was forced to increase my current lease, pay electricity, gas, and water at my old house and ordering food for the whole family from outside due to no amenities in my new house.

Misleading information and Hiding Information:
On the day of settlement, the site supervisor said that gas meter and appliances will be fitted in next 5 calendar days and gave me an undertaking. But he forgot to mention that there was not even a gas line in the house. Since that day I have been given at least 5 different dates, the latest being the end of this week.
Every time I asked I was told that AGL is running late in the installation by 9 weeks (starting 26 Jun). AGL, on the other hand, claims and has given me proof that Henley submitted the application late (06 Sep). When I showed this proof I was told that Henley sent it to the wrong email address in AGL and never followed up until settlement.
I have lost 3500 dollars in loss of pay due to all this investigation and 5 false dates of appliance installation.

No action on undertaking:
At the time of settlement, we were given an undertaking containing items that were to be fixed. No action has been taken on any of these items. The items included removal of rubbish, paint works, Sewer cap, and other electrical fixes. Every day I call I am told that this will be taken care of by tomorrow but it seems tomorrow never comes. The rubbish bin in front of the house is a mess.

Delayed Build and No records of site start date:
When I asked to be compensated for the delay as per the contract, Henley forgot the actual date of site commencement, the site admin who was changed 2 times could not find the date and assumed that the house started on 15 Dec 2017. We had to remind them that the site was commenced in 23rd Nov 2017. No bookkeeping and the fact that customer had to fight proves no professionalism and management.

Please stay away from Henley for your families sake. My little one is suffering due to my mistake and I am regretting it every day.

I paid 400K for the build and every cheque was paid in time. But now when I need compensation for my family's inconvenience, I am being bullied and being given a cold shoulder.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Rahul Tyagi. Thank you very much for your review. We are disappointed to read that you regret building with Henley, this is certainly not what we want to hear. We would like to escalate... read more »

Henley Build Process

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

We recently completed our house with Henley. We are generally satisfied with our build however there are some frustrations with trying to talk to the site supervisor. Initially you aren't given any direct contact and have to go through head office. it was only by chance that he sent us an email with his phone number that we were then able to call him even then he took days to reply. they have a silly process where they have a site supervisor, a separate handover supervisor who if you pick any items that need fixing the site supervisor has to fix anyway? why have a handover supervisor you have an extra person for no reason.

also any updates come via their portal which is updated weekly by head office based on what the supervisor has said, most comments are repetitive and somewhat redundant. they are also meant to upload progress photo's however there is only 1 for our entire build..

the handover process was very frustrating for us. we were due to handover 21/09 and were heading away 25/09 and advised the handover supervisor of this. he did not book in our appliances and heating because he thought we wouldn't want them until we got back! absolutely shocked and appalled by this, of course we would want it for the 4 nights we were there but subsequently went without. and have had to have my dad present at the house for them to install whilst we are away.

like I said earlier overall we are happy with the general quality of the house however communication and process is lacking and annoying.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Nessy, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Henley. If you would please email customercare@henley.com.au with your Job number or address I would like to pass this fe... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Fantastic experience with Henley properties so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

The build and workmanship is of good quality and I am satisfied by the overall experience. I didn't experience issues with cost estimates. Materials used for paints, floors, doors, handles, bathrooms and kitchen are of high quality and modern appearance. The appliances are of quality brands and haven faced any issues so far. Henley has been supporting and prompt with any tiny issues that arose before and early days of settlement. Friends and family also seem quite impressed with the purchase. I have received several compliments about the house.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Piyush,
Thank you for your 5 star review! We are so happy to read that you are satisfied with your experience with Henley, and we trust you are enjoying your new home.
Congratulations on your settlement!

Stress free first home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

As a first home buyer we have very minimum knowledge about the process but when we met Michelle( sale @Mernda) she made it lost easier. In the process of construction to completion we were uptodate with what was going on through email and member portal. We are very happy with the home we living now and would like to say thanks to Monika, Andrew, Ray site supervisor who has been with us during this period and their all the hard work and effort.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Indra, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for your team. We are so pleased that you found the process so easy and that you are happy with the finished product. I have passed o... read more »

1st Time Building

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

What an experience building was!!!! Very stressful as we felt we constantly had to look over what was being done!!!! Quite disappointed with our build and the trades that Henley employs to carry out the required work. No pride in any of there workmanship!!!! Defiantly have not been left with display home quality!!! Several issues throughout which delayed our process due to people not completing there job properly. We thought if things were done right in the first place then they wouldn't have to be attended to several times. Our SS was only new to this role and unfortunately the trades let him down several times which reflected poorly on him as he was a nice guy.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Brit, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We are always looking for ways to improve, and create a less stressful time for our clients, especially first time builders. ... read more »

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

We are the first home buyer. Bought build house from henley. We are happy with them and wish to stay with henley for our future properties and will recommend to our friends as well. Everything on time. I like the designs they use for building house. Our living rooms are very large and spacious and i am very happy with that.

October 16th 2018 Update: Perfect family house

We bought a built up henley house. We are so pleased to say that we are so happy with this purchase as a big dream of having our own beautiful house came true. Only advise i would like to say to henley staff is to putt black window glasses on main door so that people can’t look into house from outside, otherwise all good.
I will highly recommend my friends to go with team henley.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Gill, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your new Henley Home. We are pleased to read that you are happy with the finishes, and that you would recommend Henley to friends. ... read more »

1st home buyer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

We bought house from ready build By Henley
And we are soo happy from our purchase quality of house is amazing and we loved all the detailing ...
And most of all they are soo punctual with all their timings and settlement dates and all the team member is so helpful and explain everything so well
We are so happy with our purchase with Henley

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Mariyam,
Thank you for taking the time to review your ReadyBuilt home with Henley!
We are so happy to read that you had such a wonderful experience.
Congratulations!

Top quality house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

We are very happy and satisfied with our first brand new home. Top quality house, fairly priced and a family home that will last forever! The customer service staff was very friendly and supportive. Special thanks for Cherry and Mark. Highly recommend Henley as the best builder for dream home. The end result is a beautiful top quality home. Couldn't be happier.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Kelum,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Henley and the quality of your brand new home!
We are pleased to hear how happy you are with the end result.
Congratulations!

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Would use again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

We are very happy with our 1st home. We would definitely use Henley again if we wanted to build. From start to finish their customer service was very helpful and polite and addressed everything you asked. Nothing was ever too much for them and if you didn’t understand they would politely help you understand however helped. Don’t believe the horror stories, Henley are the best volume builder with a personal feel and touch!!

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Nathan, Wow, thank you for your 5 star review! Building your first home can be overwhelming at times and we are so pleased that throughout your journey you have been provided with exce... read more »

Fantastic customer service from Henley

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Henley were fantastic to deal with from start to finish. We were always kept in the loop, any questions we had were answered quickly & by friendly staff. Not only were Henley great to deal with but our build time was phenomenal. Everything moved so quickly but to a high standard as well. We had a great site supervisor Dave & support team throughout the whole build, can't thank Henley enough for everything :)

Comments
Henley Official

Hello David Lelean, Thank you for your lovely 5 star review! It is so wonderful to hear that you found us great to deal with and that you received exceptional customer service from our team. ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

We are so very happy with the house that was built by Henley

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Overall we were happy with the build & the design. When we moved in we found a few minor defects but these were rectified really quickly. The quality of the products were really good. The workmanship from the tradespeople were all exceptionally. They were always on time & work exceptionally hard.
We were really happy with the price of the house at the end of the build as we saved a little over $5000.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Nadia Mastro, Thank you very much for your 5 star review! We are thrilled to read that you were pleased with the quality of our products, and that the workmanship from our tradespeople ... read more »

Good experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

We brought off the builder, a completed home. Henley’s were good to deal with but very hard to get a hold of at times, made muitiple phone calls to the office wanting to ask questions about the house and what was happening but had to go through loops to finally get someone who could help me.
Would not recommend using century 21 as your agent any more, as soon as we paid the deposit he dusted his hands off and said he couldn’t help us any more. He was unprofessional and we didn’t feel comfortable purchasing from him. After speaking with Justin Nunn it made us confident and have piece of mind about the purchase again
Few minor issues with the house in the 2nd final inspection but they are all being rectified
Overall it is a good experience and we are over the moon with the house we now get to call home

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Claire, Thank you very much for your 4 star review. We are pleased to read that you are overall happy with Henley and your new home! Congratulations on settling in your new home and... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

My Dream home was built by Henley

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

The final outcome was good.Got some issues with brickworks but Henley has noticed the issue by itself and solved it. From the beginning till the end , all the people involved directly with Henley were very decent and nice. If I build my second home, it will be with Henley. A special thanks to Anna from sales office and my supervisor Thomas.

Comments
Henley Official

Hello Rokeya, Wow! thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so overjoyed to read that we were able to build your dream home. We aim to provide all of our customers with a high leve... read more »

1 of 17 pages