Filter By:

Finally on 4th attempt in 2 months found the best provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Just want to say that you guys are incredible and your service is fantastic. 5 stars. You are my 4th internet provider in 2 months and cannot believe how quick your response has been in dealing with issues that arose

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Bunny,

So glad to see we could help you out.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Mate is Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Don't normally write reviews however this is worth a mention, Signed up with Mate after shocking speeds on the TPG NBN. The service is outstanding 2 days for a modem sent and NBN connected -well done to to all the team at mate communicate.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi rob,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, it means alot to the team and us as a business.

Don't forget if you refer a MATE and they connect with us you will receive a $100 credit on your next bill.

MATE Team

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Fantastic Service and response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

Just abandoned Belong Internet on the NBN due to very slow connection and generally bad service from robotic overseas call desk operators.

Mate is a breath of fresh air, great 25/5 speed and ridiculously quick service. Called up for new connection last night, up and running today! Well done guys.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Simon,

Good to see you are online and enjoying your new NBN connection.

We will "always" keep our whole team in Australia and continue to support quality local employment.

Thanks again for your positive feedback.

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Best internet provider and support team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

Best customer service I've ever had with an internet company, recommended them to all my friends as a very satisfied customer. Their support team are in Sydney so it's amazing to talk to someone who communicates back 100%

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Cat,

Thanks for the kind words.

The team here work hard ensuring all our customers receive cracking service.

Thanks again for your support we all appreciate it.

Regards
MATE Team

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Have been on Mate Communicate's $69 NBN plan for a week now. They've been super easy to deal with, estimated we'd be set up within 8 or 9 days due to needing to "jumper" a connection outside. They came on the day they said they would, and didn't have any dramas setting it up. We had purchased the wrong modem and they told us which type to get (not necessarily through them) and we've not had a single drop out or issue with our service so far (touch wood!)
Highly recommended!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mands79,

Thanks for sharing your experience, we are happy that everything has gone to plan!

Regards
The MATE Team

Noosa

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best Customer Service and Support.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

My internet has gone from 3 Mbps to 86 Mbps download (65 Mbps peak time) 29 Mbps upload (FTTN).
I'm located 310 m from the node and 300 m from the pillar, I'm on the 100/40 plan.
All round service has been exceptional. I was up and running with half an hour of the service technician connecting me .
I would recommend Mate Communicate to all.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi cie,

Glad to see your speeds have improved when you came over.

Thanks for the 5 star review mate.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Mate are Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Truckie,

Thanks for the kind words MATE.

NBN can be frustrating at times and our job is to try and minimise the pain for some :-)

MATE Team

and that you do!! thanks for your great understanding and patience

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Organise to have the NBN connected to my home and Mate made it happen quickly with little or no fuss. The whole process was fast and easy, about 2 weeks from the first call to being online, as well as being very cost competitive. I went for the 100 package and I'm paying not much more than I would if I had stayed with my old company (Optus). However they only offered speeds of 12 or 25. When it was first turned on I had a problem from the start, but a quick call to Mate support had it fixed in a jiffy and things have been sweet ever since.
I highly recommend this mob.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Clay,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

We work hard daily to exceed customers expectations and glad to hear you had a great experience.

Cheers,

Perth

• 7 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Very easy sign up process and excellent communication throughout the process. Signed up on a Saturday night and received several emails and text msgs over the next few days advising of connection date (which was a week), new voip number, terms and conditions, etc. Was away when advised the connection had been completed, came home, plugged in my modem and all up and running immediately. Speeds have been great and no issues to date. Would thoroughly recommend Mate for anyone looking for an NBN provider. Professional, Australian company whose customer service is excellent. Best experience I have had with any telco.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jessta,

Thanks for giving us a go!

The team appreciates you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Cheers,

Happy new customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

Thanks 'Mates' I really appreciate your patience in helping me set up my account.
I must also say, it's so good that every time I call the support crew my call is answered really quickly with real aussies to talk too.
Keep up the good work.
One happy customer.....

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the 5 star review mate!

We have passed on your kind words to the team, much appreciated!

hobart

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Ive only been with these guys about a month and they make the others look like amateurs to be honest , will keep you posted

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi handyman,

Glad the team could help you out and thanks for your great feedback!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

So happy thus far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

After a great deal of research we decided to go with Mate for our nbn. From the first enquiry to installation Mate were outstanding. So easy, customer service everyone deserves. Very very good internet speed ... Am I dreaming? Please Mate don't change, I can't believe what we've had to tolerate all these years.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Cathy G

Thanks for the 5 star review and your kind words!

We have passed on your feedback to the team.

1 of 25 pages

I'm looking at moving to NBN and considering Mate, I'm read so many bad reviews about NBN so far and can't risk poor speed as I work from home. Why do different providers get different results on speed, why makes you guys different? I'm with Optus and have a Fetch box, can I use this with your service, assuming I'll have to buy the box myself?

asked on Jul 22, 2017

Hi,

Different providers purchase different bandwidth and connect to the NBN network via different providers. What makes us different is:

1. 100% Australian based service and support
2. No lock-in contracts or cancellation fees
3. We are a month to month service

If you would like us to check availability and compatibility with particular devices, please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address and other details to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise.

We currently have voip phone with our current provider. We're interested in your unlimited data package. Do we need a different phone line? We're in Tennyson, SA

Joma asked on Jul 19, 2017

Hi Joma,

If you would like us to check availability please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address and other details to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise.

With the VoIP as it depends on the current service type, we can definitely port an existing VoIP service to our NBN VoIP service but would need to check other details to confirm.

Hello im looking at using mate as a internet provider i live in a country town called jurien bay in wa the deal is unlimited data $56 activate phone line $149 for modem an $99 a month so just like to know are mate a good provider?

Facebook6996 asked on Jul 14, 2017

Answer this

I have been connected with mate for less than a week, and I am very happy with them as they are Australian, have Australian staff so easy to talk with and the reviews here are all positive which is why I went with them.

Hi Facebook6996,

If you would like us to check availability please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise as we definitely service the whole of Australia :-)

The line activation fee is charged directly by Telstra and is $59.00 provided the line is inactive.

See all 63 questions about MATE Communicate