Filter By:

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Never been happier with a company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Honestly,best support..so fast and easy to set up. Took one day to be up and running nbn..cannot fault the service. THANK YOU!!

canberra

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Finally have internet that works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

This is great. They say up to 8 weeks to connect on website - we were done in 4 days! Modem sent, easy to set up, and at least 5 times as fast as our previous provider (non-NBN). They also answer their phone in Australia. Happy.

Great services

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

My connection type is nbn
The set up process was faster than the timeframe provided which was great, the man was professional, quick and left the place fairly clean. The internet did have trouble working, nothing that two calls to mate communicate didn't fix.
The connection is stable but isn't very fast even on 100mb connection. There was no internet for a day and I left a message because there was no way to get through to the customer service line, they sent a text the next day saying it was resolves.
The customer service team is friendly and quite quick to resolve issues and call back.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Nicole L,

Great to hear your experience!

Thanks for sharing and glad to hear we could get you up and running quickly.

Regards

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Simple, Easy and Aussie Support. Hooray!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

After looking around at a few different providers for 100/40 mbps for NBN I cam across Mate Communicate. I called and chatted to a real, live Aussie within minutes and then got off the phone. No pressure, unlike their competitors who kept pressuring me to take a contract that I didn't want. I called back to join with Mate and they had my details up immediately. Great service! In addition, I ordered a modem but turns out my current one is more than sufficient, so getting a credit on that! Bonus! The setup was quick, easy and fun. Very happy with the customer service, their offers and their internet service so far!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi LMD260,

Thanks for giving us a go and we couldn't be happier that you have had a great experience!

Outstanding service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I've literally never posted a positive review of an internet company before. In fact, I've referred 2 of them to the Ombudsman. However, my MATE NBN service developed a fault last week, I notified the company on Friday and by Tuesday there was a technician at my house and it was fixed. I've never received such good customer service from a telecommunications company in this country. Thank you.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Herman Neborah,

Wow, thanks for feedback! Glad to hear that we could solve your issue quickly.

Enjoy the service.

Love my MATE!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I would happily recommend MATE to anyone looking for a well priced and excellent customer service product.
I have been with MATE for 12 months now, and every time I have had an issue or need some advice, they provide both with professionalism and timeliness. WELL DONE MATE!!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Tracey,

Wow, thank for the review!

MATE Team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great response times, great speeds and excellent customer service and technical support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I signed up with Mate and my service was activated within one business day. There was a fault on the NBN router - they organised a technician to come out 2 days later to fix it. I was then having problems with my connection dropping out so called their technical support line. They talked me through setting the channels up correctly on my WiFi modem and that fixed it! Now back to great internet. The best things about them is speed. Speed of activation, connection, technical support, how quickly they answer the phone or reply to emails. Thank you! I don't think I have ever encountered such consistently excellent customer service. Their product is pretty awesome too.

Melbourne

Quick, Professional and Fast Internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Left Optus to joined Mate. Sign up for NBN50 was very easy. Signed up at 3pm and within 8 hours, I got connected to the Internet. Fast Internet with no drop out even during the peak hours. Love the fact that their customer service are located onshore which means they have a better understanding.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Stefan,

So far so good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Signed up with MATE for NBN (FTTP) a few weeks ago and it was connected within the timeframe they estimated, and it has worked flawlessly since! Getting 45 Mbps download most of the time so no complaints. Hope it stays this way!!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Gonz,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Glad to hear you are satisfied with the connection.

Mate Internet +1

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

More than a year ago I swapped from Optus, who were absolute rubbish. I can say that for my ADSL2 connection, I give Mate 5 stars all round for value, customer service and most importantly speed. Very happy.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Tasha10,

Thanks for giving us a go!

Melbourne, Victoria

great service

loved their service
very professionals , i have ADSL plan with them they were always helpful
not annoying like others

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi DON_ALJANABI,

Thanks for your review and glad to hear you are happy with our service.

The team appreciates your feedback.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

All the NBN horror stories I am hearing from everyone freaked me out. $288 from Telstra etc. Mate di

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Very good fast service with modem delivery, connection instructions and great in-country support. So much better than all those other outfits with offshore call centres.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for giving us a go! The team appreciates your feedback and glad to hear you are happy with the support.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Good overall but too many dropouts.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

NBN Connectability unreliable. Good communication from MATE. Way too many dropouts. Recent price drop on monthly NBN plans is appealing.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Funky Claude, Thanks for your review. Have you contacted our support team about your dropouts? If so, can you advise your ticket number so we can follow up with our support team? If you are e... read more »

Probably the best ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Having just moved in to a new apartment in metro Melbourne, I was on the hunt for a new ISP that provided ADSL (no NBN in the area yet). After trawling through negative review after negative review for every ISP I spotted, I came across mostly positive reviews for MATE. Indeed, I had my internet set up and useable within 2-3 business days.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Victor,

Great to hear your experience!

Thanks for sharing and glad to hear we could get you up and running quickly.

Regards

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Bad company! Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

We signed up with mate communicate ADSL for 6 months - majority of that time the wifi never worked and I had multiple IT people try to help but it was a terrible connection and when it would randomly work, it was incredibly slow. They also charged us two months worth of phone calls on the landline number they assigned to us but we didn't even own a landline phone - we never made any calls - they somehow messed up with our number and basically said it's "very difficult" to sort out and get my money back. Do not use, it's not worth going with. Stick with one of the bigger companies that will work and not charge you for things you didn't do and say it's too hard to sort out.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ash,

This doesn't sound right and we want to get to the bottom of this matter ASAP.

Please advise your account number or a ticket reference number so we can look into this immediately and advise.

MATE team

I've raised a ticket with your team three weeks ago now and this is still not resolved. I don't get calls returned unless I hound your team and I'm still yet to even speak to someone from billing. ... read more »

MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ash, A billing manager has been assigned to contact you to discuss this issue. We have investigated your call charges and can confirm that these were made from your landline phone number accor... read more »

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Great product! But above anything else your mate team is amazing. Working in a call centre myself it’s great to see a local based company who employs people with great character. Would happily pay more for the service I have received thus far as the service of your guys is impeccable!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Anon,

Thanks for giving us a go! The team appreciates your feedback :-)

I highly recommend MATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Great switch to MATE! I was unable to sort out my internet/NBN problems after a lightning strike, through my previous isp, wasting hours on the phone and weeks waiting for NBN to NOT show up, when MATE was recommended to me; I rang them, and spoke to 2 technicians who were very professional and spoke excellent English, and who were able to reset my phone port and solve my modem issue as well, to have me up and running in a very short period of time!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Fred,

Thanks for giving us a go! The team appreciates your feedback and glad to hear you were happy with our support team and their efforts :-)

Sydney, nsw

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

It's not that great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

NBN 50/20 connection, the setup process was good. Quick delivery and easy to install. The cons: customer service, they don't know much and you get general answers even with specific questions. I had to send 4 emails to finally get a good answer. Also the speed, when downloading from usenet the speed has a maximum of 24mbps on a 50 mbps line. With every speed test so far the maximum is 40 mbps, so I don't get full speed( wired and wireless tests). The prices are cheap, I pay 59 a month so that it a big plus point.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Dave, Thanks for your review. Glad to hear the setup process went well. Can you advise your ticket number so we can follow up with our support team in regards to your questions not being answe... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Internet Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

I joined this company left it from optus and its embarrassing i was lucky to get 10 mb/s with optus im getting what i pay for 25/mb/s with mate communicate excellent customer service i contact them and sort out problems and they are so helpful happy with this service thanks Mate!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Rowan,

Thanks for giving us a go! The team appreciates your feedback and glad to hear the service is working well.

Wangaratta, Vic

• 5 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 29 helpful votes

Should switch earlier

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

Switch from the old company to Mate with same cost but unlimited usage. Couldn't be happier after the switch, i can watch as much as youtube videos without worrying over the monthly limit.
very stable connect, only dropped out once a month that's a bit annoying.
had problem with the switch before, which slow down the whole process for 3 weeks as wrong phone number enter in the form.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi idashan,

What can we say, wow! Thanks for your cracking review!

Glad to hear you are happy.

1 of 28 pages

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx

hydraflexx asked on Feb 10, 2018

Hi hydraflexx,

Unfortunately we do not offer a 4G backup service at this point in time.

Hello, I just wanted to know what your average realistic speeds where for FTTP in NQ if that's possible. I am hoping to start a contract with your compay. Cheers-Brendan.

Brendan J asked on Jan 30, 2018

Hi Brendan J,

Average speeds won't be known until the service is connected.

If you would like us to check availability we will require your full address.

Please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise and answer some of your questions.

No comment

Don't believe what MATE tells you about speed. That's what I could tell you after using their FTTB for 6 months.

Asked twice now on how to activate message bank voicemail,still no answer so please WHAT are you supposed to do to get it up and running I tried 3 times and of course without the password I cant enter so cant get in ???!!! so WHAT is the password ??? and how do I now get it unlocked ? and why do I have to keep asking for help with something that should be childs play ??? it says enter the voip number then my number then the password ??? What password? did someone forget to mention that ? how can we know it if you dont tell us it ???

Dave Thomson asked on Jan 28, 2018

Hi Dave,

We have supplied your voicemail password via email. Please let us know if you have further issues.

MATE team

I think they are now over subscribing customers ("cheap and unlimited data"), while *NOT* keeping up with their infrastructure and internal training in customer services. Best to stay away from it.

See all 106 questions about MATE Communicate