Filter By:

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Think twice before getting HORRIBLE MATE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

It's been a month I've swiched to MATE from TPG for a better service & connection. But since day one I'm not getting even a proper connection. My new connection has a very poor connectivity, resulting worst latency. Several times I've called MATE with no luck. All they are saying that my area doesn't support ADSL2+ which may be the cause for slower speed. But how come I never had such poor latency issue with TPG before. As per MATE, (even with ADSL poor speed) I am supposed to get at least 5mbps but in reality most of the time all my videos are buffering for poor latency (more that 300ms). Everyday I am having 10/15 dropouts and hardly getting 1Mbps Download and 0.30Mbps Upload.

When I asked MATE to send someone to re-check the connectivity that I've paid for during the new connection; they've replyed that I need to pay for any visit at this point. My question is Why should I pay again if the service wasn't provided as promised. I've even bought $150 hi-speed modem from MATE. If the problem is with connectivity, MATE should solve it.

I’m extremely disappointed with the service I’m getting. And they are asking for money again to fix the issues are obnoxious. The first time product review has failed me and I chose the worst internet provider. Beware and think twice before getting their services. Worst service worst customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kashaam,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Reliable internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Since we have made the change to NBN in 2016 I hear so many horror stories about connectivity, on the rare times there is an issue you get sent a text message advising you. If you need to call the call centre you get to speak to someone based in Australia, very rare these days. Our plan is just what we need and we have the flexibility to upgrade for 1 month if needed.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Craig,

TOP RATE Company, Product, Service & Reliability

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I've been with Mate for over 1 year now, totally hassle free NBN.
Their service is outstanding and all Australian Based!
Any issues are dealt with quickly and their customer service and tech support are fantastic & friendly.
Speeds are excellent & no drop outs.
Price is cheap and no nasty contracts or surprises.
Totally reliable internet company to deal with!

Thank you Mate. Your service and product is amazing.
I WON'T be leaving any time soon.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi AUSTRALIA POST HATER & PROUD,

Wow, what can we say!? Glad to hear we have provided you a great experience.

Enjoy your connection!

Exceptional Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I'm so impressed with the level of customer service MATE provides. You can get through to them on the phone, they return calls when they promise to, deal with service issues promptly and keep the customer informed of the process. They really do know how to communi-mate!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Amber,

Glad to hear you are so happy with us, we appreciate your feedback!

The MATE team

Everything was as promised

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I'm very happy with the service, speeds and the price. Everything was as promised and we gladly recommend to friends.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the review!

We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience.

The MATE team

like a breeze

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Simple and easy process to connect and perfect service - consistent speed and reliable... what a refreshing change from the previous 3 ISPs I used!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jason,

The MATE team.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

MATE from my experience deserve 5 stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Yesterday I put on my 3rd MATE nbn connection in a year. I have had nothing but positive experience and have recommended them to friends and even foes. By coincidence yesterday I had a drop out on the first connection. It was wonderful to talk to a tech in Australia on the spot who guided me thru resetting the modem. The guys were friendly, helpful and most importantly solved the problem with no fuss.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Craig R,

• 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

What an experience - Exemplary customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I recently switched from another provider and paid a month ago for my current contract to end. Not only MATE kept me in the loop but also kept an eye on the port availability. Even emailed me on the day when my current service had to be cancelled. I had a priority Skype meeting the next day after the order was confirmed. MATE advised of usual time frame of 1-5 working days. I advised of the importance of my Skype meeting and guess what? not only did MATE adv me to keep the devices on, I just received an email that my service is up and running. I'll go home and configure. This is hands down, by far, the best experience I've had. Not only MATE is super competitive but also, super efficient. I wish all companies to be like this.
Update: 5:15 PM and we're up and running. Overall great experience, wonderful staff..highly recommended.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mansoor,

Wow, what can we say!? Glad to hear we have surpassed your expectations.

Enjoy your connection!

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Price Increase WITHOUT notification!!!!! Very poor, be careful of this mob!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

So, the price gets raised without notification? Poor, poor form my friends, I'm off to another provider! not really good enough.....

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Leonie, We are sorry to hear this. However, you would have been advised at point of sale that price reflected a promotion we had where you get $10 off for the first 6 months. If you signed... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Reliable internet at last

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have a great connection very rare to get a dropout and are the best company for service. There service is helpful friendly and also based in Australia so that is a big bonus

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Sam,

Evatt

• 2 comments
  • 19 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great when it works, alas this is not often enough

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

When it works it's great.
However, too often for my liking, it takes too long to connect to a website and often times out. (site can't be reached because DNS server can't be reached). I'm not sure if this is congestion but even so, I'm not happy about it.
Lucky we have a reliable backup with Telstra 4G.
This review, for example, has taken over 20 minutes to write as I'm trying to find an email in my mail account that contains the invoice proof of purchase I need to upload.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kippax,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 so we can investigate.

These guys rock!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have been with the mate for 6 months. No issues at all and cheap price for the NBN 50Mb plan (good speed and reliable)

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jared,

The MATE team.

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

My First Few Days On Mate NBN

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Was previously on Telstra, but will never go back to there constant dropouts, Overseas Support. With mate NBN I have Australian support, no dropouts, and outstanding speeds.

Thank You Mate NBN, Your service is amazing.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Adam

Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback!

MATE team.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

nbn fixed wireless connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Have only been connected for a few weeks. As yet no issues, no dropouts, reliable connection everything ok. Would recommend this company. Gary (Arthur)

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your feedback.

Very glad to hear that we have provided a reliable connection!

Not too bad

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Customer service is excellent. Well done!

The speed isn’t good than I expected in my area. Worth checking prior. So far all good to me.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Syed,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Easy connection and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

After being with Telstra for years and being less than impressed with the dreadful customer service, I decided to try Mate.
Mainly due to the Australian Customer service ( I have had enough of the overseas call centres) and also because they have no lock-in contracts!
To be honest I had no expectations but found the instructions for setting up the new modem were pretty easy to understand. I had a slight problem with my VOIP calls but an email to Mate got that resolved in about forty minutes and all is working well. Customer service was excellent.
The connection is good and I have not experienced any dropouts in the month I have been connected. I hope that continues as I will be happy to stay with them.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mrs S,

Tweed Heads

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

This Team never disappoint, they just get better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Had NBN FTTN connected a few weeks ago exactly as advised by Customer Service and no dropouts at all to date and speed meets specification. Having waited a few weeks for my landline to port over to Mate, the process was completed ahead of the specified date but I screwed up my modem while completing the activation process. Called Mate for technical support and Adrian answered within a minute. Adrian fixed my modem problem quickly and VOIP now works perfectly. It is so refreshing to be greeted by an Australian call center, and to be helped so professionally and with obvious patience and persistence to resolve my problem. Yet again, this team under promises and over delivers. Keep up the fantastic customer service !

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Roy,

Exceeding Expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Changed over from T#$ nbn internet due to very poor service. Mate what a difference. Even changed the mobile account over as well. Cannot fault. Don't waste you time with the others anymore!!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Troy,

Prompt customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I joined with Mates six months ago for the internet service only and have been a happy customer since.
Recently with the NBN rollout I upgraded the service with Mates to include my phone as well.
During the six months when I contacted Mates for advice or issues including billing I was attended to promptly and courteously via email, direct phone support or text.
I have not had any issues or episodes with service dropouts.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Senior_011

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Glad to hear you are happy!

MATE team.

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Connection has been fantastic since we signed up several months ago. It's been super reliable and no more dropouts...YAY! Really happy I made the switch to MATE.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ana,

1 of 63 pages

Please advise if your internet will be suitable for me? I only have ADSL line. Address is 2/1 Melaleuca drive, carrum 3197. I have my own modem. Thanks

Karen C asked on Oct 10, 2018

Hi Karen C,

To check availability and advise what we can offer you, we will require your full address as we need to determine what we can offer you.

Please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise.

MATE team

Other NBN service providers supply their customers free modems, I have to pay for a modem when I sign up with MATE Communicate?

Raymond C asked on Oct 05, 2018

Hi Raymond C,

The NetComm modem we provide is a mid-range device, this would be a much better device with a stronger Wi-Fi range than most modems included for "free" by other providers.

Also, we do not have any contracts so this is the reason our modem requires upfront payment, whereas other ISPs may include this over the duration of a 12 or 24 month contract.

To check availability and advise what we can offer you, we will require your full address as we need to determine what technology your premises will receive.

on your 50 plan with phone its 68 a month is that promo cost or real cost, and if not what is your month to month, what is cost to port over nbn and home phone i would be on a byo?

David7321 asked on Oct 03, 2018

Hi David7321,

The nbn 50 bundle plan is currently $68.00 per month for the first 6 months as part of our $10.00 promotion. After 6 months the regular price is $78.00 per month.

See all 140 questions about MATE Communicate