Filter By:

WOW....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Recently moved to MATE and thanks to iPrimus couldn't receive calls from mobiles...It wasn't ported correctly and MATE have been BRILLIANT giving me constant updates finding a solution to the problem.
Emails when they said they would, SMS when they said they would, replaced the modem in case the original one was faulty....5-6 weeks in and all is good thanks to their tenacity.
By far the best Internet Provider we have ever had. Great customer service and price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Trish,

Wow, thanks for your feedback and for coming on board!

Really glad to hear we have provided you a better experience than your previous provider :-)

Enjoy your connection!

So far Mate Communicate have been first class

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Changed from TPG to Mate as I needed a static IP address. At the same time i moved from ADSL to NBN FTTN. The whole process was trouble free. The help line was efficient and manned by people who knew what they were talking about. The FTTN download speed reaches 38 mb/sec and upload speed 16mb/sec, At least 12 times the speed of my old ADSL.So far, I am well pleased and cannot fault the service.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

Glad to hear you are happy and you have had a great experience switching to from TPG.

Perth

• 1 question

A Damn good provider!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Great customer service, fantastic domestic speeds, what lets them down however is the uneven international data speeds. but thats really the fault of vocus not Mate. I am looking forward to them launching their Layer 2 network and hope that unlike Mungi they will have a L2 POP in perth from day 1.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kye,

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

Glad to hear you had had a good experience, we can't wait for Layer 2 as well :-)

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

bad service!very very slow speed!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

bad service!very very slow speed!
They will have another unreasonable fee in the second month after you have paid the fee. I hope you don't install it.
I really regret choosing them.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Michael,

Can you please advise your account number ASAP so we can look into this issue?

The MATE team

Brisbane

Waiting 3 weeks to be connected - still waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Frustrated that I'm still waiting for my internet to be connected after 3 weeks and promises to have it sorted ‘ASAP’. I have called them 6 times to sort out only to be Told different things by different people, was told that my internet could be connected remotely yet was called on two occasions by a Telstra technician who was booked and at my house ready to connect me? Mate had no idea why Telstra had sent a technician to my house and said that I had an appointment to be hooked up remotely today.
Got home and still no internet connected, called Mate up where they blamed Telstra again. Offered nothing in terms of resolution and just used the call to explain to me that they rely on Telstra so it’s out of there control.

It’s been 3 weeks, I signed up thinking that it would be an easy process with an honest company. All I’ve got is excuses, poor accountability and no timeframe of when I can be connected. My time has seriously wasted and I wish I could give these zero stars. - No doubt Mates response to this will be to blame Telstra. Well I signed up to your company not Telstra so sort it out!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Tay, We are sorry for the delay in activation of your service. We obviously wish to connect all customers to the internet ASAP, but yes we need to work with the ADSL infrastructure owner's... read more »

Brisbane

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

New NBN connection that was never actually connected

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I had a couple of great months of NBN from Mate. I moved apartments and ran into trouble with a new connection that was never up and running. I found the support staff to be dismissive and short. Mate’s solution for my connection was to hire a private technician at a cost to me to resolve the issue.

I called a competitor that has its own technicians and they are fixing it at no cost to me.

The issue I have is that they have happily charged me a one month fee for NBN that has never worked and they have refused to refund. It’s poor form. Trouble shooting the connection issue was a hassle and it was not a positive experience.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Cass A, With all NBN FTTB connections we will troubleshoot the fault with the customer and log a fault with NBN. If NBN confirm the service is working to the network boundary point on site... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

They are amazingly efficient and helpful, Every time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

My connection type is nbn. 9 days from phone call to connection ( country) The connection is great, no dropouts. Their customer service and support is exceptional. The best we have experienced. We Will recommend Mate highly to everyone. Great company 5 stars

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Tam,

Thanks for sharing your experience mate!

Happy to hear of your positive experience with our team.

Regards

The MATE Team

• 1 comment

Lots of dropouts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Lots of dropouts in the past two weeks., customer service always blame NBN, and ask me what I want.
Passed a message to me saying my line works well when they can see the dropouts.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi jss,

Sorry to hear this.

Please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP.

MATE Communicate Official

Hi jss, We can confirm you have had ongoing issues and an appointment has now been booked for Tuesday, 14 August 2018, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. An nbn technician will come out and hopefully fix your s... read more »

Liverpool

Irresponsible Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Lots of dropouts, slow connection during peak hours.
Support likes to blame either NBN or Modem as the culprit to avoid responsibilities.
Avoid this company at all. No refund because they will blame the other things which clearly isn’t. Hope next time I will stick with known company like DODO, TPG.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Echokhan, Thanks for your review. We can see that you have contacted our support team numerous times and we troubleshooted with you and found no issue with your nbn service. You are provision... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Honestly the best internet company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Currently have NBN with them. I hassled one of the technicians (I shouldnt of) about getting my NBN installed and it took about 24 hours to get it. Incredibly fast, definitely friendly and have always been super helpful with any inquiry I've had with them.

Never had any issues with drop outs or reliability - the only drop outs are due to me unreliably not paying the internet bill. I honestly couldn't suggest a better company.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mitchell R,

Wow, what can we say! Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

Glad to hear you are happy and you have had a great experience.

Coolum Beach

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

This is the best internet service provider I have been with to date. Easy to communicate with the company, excellent speed and I have had no drop outs since starting with them at the beginning of 2017. Just for your information, I am on NBN, live in Sourth East Qld, the whole set up took about 5 days (most of that time was waiting for Telstra to hand over my old phone number). Overall it is a big 5 stars from me.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Peter and Deb,

We really appreciate it!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

This is the best Mate you need

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Signed up for the NBN 50 bundle. 24hrs later connect to the net. Porting my existing number took 5 days. Getting and average Download speed 47.3Mbps. Upload 18.4( test done with Ookla speed test during peek day). Mate tech support is second to none. super helpful. straight forward and top notch. The overall service makes me happier than a Tickle Me Elmo doll in a feather factory. I was with TPG. Took 56 DAYS to connect my nbn. Best DLspeed 14.6mbps (day). TPG is now the weird uncle no-one likes to talk about. MATE. The fair dinkum mob that delivers what and when they say.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi FEZ,

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

We have NBN, VoIP and a mobile plan through mate. I have been a customer now for 12 months. We are very very happy with the service and easy, excellent customer service. Highly recommended.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for your feedback and for coming on board!

Glad to hear we have provided you a good experience.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Waiting for over a month

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

This service is simply terrible. Been over a month since we placed an order to be connected and still waiting for them as they come up with new excuses.

Seriously, how long does it take to connect broadband to an unit in the city?

Will give 0 stars if possible. Would not recommend to anyone unless they have months to waste.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Hema, We can confirm your service is now active. We apologise for the delays in getting you connected, however this did not take over a month. Your phone line was active with another provi... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Good communicate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

NBN 50 speeds mostly fast,had some dropouts but fixed quickly,have phone,bit disappointed that 13... 1300 numbers are extra charge while on my mobile phone plans they are always free.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Biel,

Thanks for your feedback and for coming on board!

Charges for 13/1300 numbers are set by the carrier and are always charged on a fixed line/VoIP phone service.

• 2 helpful votes

Trash

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Lots of dropouts, slow connection during peak hours.
Support likes to blame NBN co. as the culprit to avoid responsibilities.
Avoid this company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ryan,

Sorry to hear this.

Please advise your account number so we can look into this ASAP.

Awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Should of left iinet long ago. Quick connection, friendly service and great tech support for helping me set up. Thank you

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Seanny,

Thanks for your honest feedback and for coming on board!

Glad to hear we have provided you a good experience.

• 8 helpful votes

Drama Free

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

NBN Fibre connection - Anyone who tells you that the NBN was an extravagant boondoggle obviously has not had the convenience and certainty of a fibre connection.

Connection to network is fast - no need for physical infrastructure to be installed at the exchange or the node.
Connection is reliable - have tried a "low cost" ISP previously and the skimping on the back end meant you only ever got full speed in the middle of the night or when everyone else was at work.

Have moved house twice now and kept them both times

One star taken off because they surcharge for paying by Amex.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Wonder Laundry,

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

These guys are the business!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

So after 6 years with TPG we finally got the NBN in my area. After research I chose Mate. After the seriously AWFUL service with TPG I wasn’t expecting a lot tbh. My service started - 50 down and 20 up paid for but only received that in the day. Slowed to 1mbps at night. Typical I thought. Mate asked me to record the speed with Speedtest via a wired connection. Seemed like a pain at the time because they’re not actually going to do something about it....are they?? They certainly did! I now get 50 down and 20 up 24/7! You call customer service and guess what? An AUSSIE answers your call! By far and above the best service for anything in Australia. I recently had a call from Optus trying to keep my custom - another crap company with crap service - and the guy even had the cheek to ask about my NBN after a crap review of their mobile service. I told him if he wasn’t with Mate himself he should switch Immediately! I don’t think he was impressed. It’s also worth noting that they have the most AWESOME hold music! Some kind off garage/Jazz/funkatronic! If anyone at Mate reads this and knows what it is please reply!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi SUPERSYE,

Thanks for your feedback and for coming on board! Glad we could give you a much better experience than TPG.

We really appreciate your feedback!

Gold Coast

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

You won't find better customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Can't rejoice enough that these guys exist! Hands down the best customer service experience I've ever had out of all the providers (:
I live in a "regional zone" so on Adsl2 the connection can sometimes be fleeting but for the most part it's great and works a treat (:
Setting up your internet and disconnecting could not be any easier, and any questions or queries you ever have are answered by down to earth genuine people....and you never have to wait in a calling que! Moving house and staying with these guys!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Sarah,

Wow, what can we say! Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

Glad to hear you are happy and you have had a great experience.

1 of 38 pages

Do you need a phone line for internet service?

Phoks asked on Aug 19, 2018

I have a Telstra NBN FTTB modem to provide my land-line telephone. Currently I have an Adam Internet Black Spot aerial connected to a NetCom wireless modem which provides my internet connection. This black spot tower is poorly maintained as most people have changed to an NBN connection. Adam Internet is now owned by IINET. I need to connect to NBN FTTB and would like to retain my current land-line connection and telephone number. I am seeking unlimited data nbn 50. Please advise what bundle would suit my needs?

Kate asked on Aug 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kate,

To check availability and advise what we can offer you, we will require your full address as we need to determine what technology your premises will receive.

Please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise.

MATE team

Has Mate got a data centre (for traffic) in Perth? As the last thing I want as a Perth customer, is to have to be routed to the east coast and back again creating huge latency issues for gaming.

Aussiebloke34 asked on Aug 04, 2018

Answer this

I’m sorry I don’t a clue I’m just a consumer. I’m in SA and I don’t have any gaming issues. If there’s any problems in your area they text you to let you know. If you call them they’re really helpful.

Thanks, SA would be very different to WA as it's half the distance so wouldn't be as noticeable but I'll double check with them if I have the time to call.

Hi Aussiebloke34,

We can confirm our provider has a POP in every capital city including Perth.

See all 136 questions about MATE Communicate