Filter By:

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

After much deliberation and reading countless reviews site I rang Frank at Mate who answered my questions as I did not have a working phone line. Signed up on-line on Sept 7, modem delivered the next week and technician installed it Sept 19. That afternoon I rang Mate as although my phone and tablet connected, the laptop did not. Ralph rang back within 15 minutes and helped me adjust the settings to allow connection. I purchased the $59 unlimited plan. Watched an hour of SBS on demand at 8 pm and it did not buffer once. A speed test (in the afternoon) showed 16.38 download and 978.45 upload. Mate's customer service has been excellent and lived up to the reviews. Thanks Mate from Jan

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

The best internet provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

It is pretty reliable, no contracts, no installation fee. And I used my own router and did not need to buy a mate router. Mate is the best provider!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi davidizquierd,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Internet service with us.

Thank you for the kind words, it is always great to hear from a satisfied customer.

Cheers MATE!

Mornington

• 1 answer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

We have a fttn connection which is inferior to fttp and due to the use of the old copper wires from the node to the house prone to problems. However, the Mate team provides a customer service level I have never experienced before. Calls are answered by real knowledgeable people that are based in Australia and do not insult me by asking if my modem is connected to power etc. If the call is not answered within a few rings a team member rings back within the hour. Fabulous... Full stop. NBN Co and Telstra can take a leaf out of that book. I would never go back to Telstra....

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Clem, Thanks for giving us a chance! The team appreciates your feedback and we work hard ensuring all our customers receive the best service. Even when things go wrong we try to maintain the be... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Forget the rest these guys are the best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

From day 1 of contact with Mate communicate the process of being connected to the NBN Network took 3 days which to me seemed very reasonable seeing they have no control over the NBN installation themselves. Once I was connected up to the Nbn network I rang Mate and one of their technical staff guided me through the Modem setup process. Within minutes I was up a running. Iam on the Mate 25 mbps plan. Getting 23.33 mbps download speed, 4.80 mbps upload speed. What more could you ask for.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kenny G,

We work hard ensuring all our customers receive the best service.

Thanks again for your support, we really appreciate it.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Placed an order only to find out there is no service in my address

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

Pathetic terrible, the whole idea of cheap service was to avoid additional cost, after few hours of placing an order I get an email Telstra has advised there is intact-in and I need to pay additional $299 for it.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi ZacD, You signed up online and when running a service qualification check on your address, there is no Telstra inplace available. We cancelled your order as requested and no payment was pr... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Customer/technical support is AMAZING!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Been looking for new service provider and after researching around, came across good reviews on Mate Communicate and no contract and no up front payment, so ok why not try it out.
I've signed up on NBN25 on 12/9/17, modem arrived on 14/9/17 and up and running on the same day.
Rang MATE support just after signed up on 12/9/17, Stan was the support person assisting with my queries. Had all the answers I wanted.
Rang MATE support on 14/9/17 (as connection issue with new modem), no answer but left message to call back. Less than 5 mins MATE support (Stan) called to assist with the issue (no issue, just connected to the wrong port, my bad).
You don't need to do anything, just plug in and connect, very easy. I'm now up and running now, will write again in a week or so to see how fast it is.
I am very impressed with the customer support so far.
Thanks Stan for your help and advice!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Marnie, What can we say, cracking review! Thanks for taking the time to write it, this feedback means so much to us and we are very glad you have been happy with the process and our staff. We... read more »

The Best of the Best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

When told I could switch to the NBN I started looking on the net for a good RSP My experience with my ADSL provider was horrible. The only RSP I could find with really good reviews was Mate Communicate, 4.5 stars, so I phoned them and signed up. This has turned out to be the best decision I have ever made.The set up process was swift and pain free, the whole thing took only 2 weeks and when I did my first speed test I was very impressed. I signed up for the 100/40 speed and now enjoy actual speeds around 93 Mb/Sec down and 38 Mb/Sec up. this speed is consistent even in the busy periods and so far no dropouts. Customer service with mate is second to none, they only have English speaking technically competent people on the phones who are courteous and very helpful.
Do yourself a favour and sign up with Mate Communicate.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ronj,

What can we say, thanks for the great review!

Thanks for taking the time to write it, this feedback means so much to us and we are very glad you have been happy with the process.

MATE Team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great Aussie company, good to deal with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I have been with these guys for 1.5 years and they are always easy to get on the phone and prompt to deal with my questions, including technical issues I had working out my modem/router.
I left these guys to bundle my services (cheaper as a whole), but they were a great price for great service. Definitely recommend.
Never had issue with speeds, they always delivered as promised.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the kind words and your feedback, it is much appreciated from all the team.

We hope that you return as a customer one day!

Perth, WA

• 13 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Good service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

I've signed up with Mate Communicate recently. My NBN was switched over from ADSL2 very smoothly. Can't comment on anything else other than this.

Customer service support has been good so far and again, it's only been less than a week.

I can say it's definitely better than TPG or iiNet as their customer services are shockingly bad.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi MonkeyBaby,

Thanks for giving us a go! The team really appreciates your feedback.

Don't forget if you refer a MATE and they sign up and provision an NBN or ADSL Bundle service, you will receive $100.00 credit on your account.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 question

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Only bad thing is speeds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Set up was fast and easy took 3 weeks or so for them to connect when you get you the text it's instant. We have the highest tier package and the speeds aren't consistent. It is at peak times so it could be Mates not buying enough bandwidth as our old Telstra adsl would average 15 down while NBN is only 10 down. We average around 20-30 down not during peak. Our upload is only 0.8 mbps which was the same with adsl. HOW DO WE FIX THIS!!! And also is it easy to switch to a lower speed plan as we are not receiving the high speeds and are paying for speeds we aren't getting.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Blakeo,

We are sorry to hear about the speed problems with your service.

Can you please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 and press 2 so that we can look into the issue for you.

Regards

The MATE Team

Is it possible for you to run a maximum speed test to see if we can't reach the speeds we are paying for?

Hi Blakeo,

Please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 and press 2 so that we can look into the issue for you.

Regards

The MATE team

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best decision they deliver!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

We had a terrible experience with Optus nbn Didnt work at all . Couldn't run Netflix even. The phone didn't work. multiple calls to Optus problem not sorted. Went on for two weeks called them every second day.
I came to product review saw the reviews for mate and called up. Staff were honest. Straight up with realistic expectations for me. Arranged connection it was up and running within days
We can run stan and Netflix at same time on two different to as well as use iPad and no drop outs , no freezing etc just works!!
The 25bps plan with voip phone is awesome , worked. From day one. better than we hoped and have not looked back. The staff are polite, helpful speak and understand English beautifully. Even remembered me from previous calls and enquiries. The idea of a service is you purchase it should work. You shouldn't need to speak or call a company on a regular basis. I highly recommend these guys to anyone having problems and issues with other nbn providers.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mel,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your NBN service with us.

Cheers MATE!

Hampton park, VIC

So far so good - NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Hi guys,

Got my new connection established through MATE. FTTN at my property signed up and got a confirmation mail and appointment confirmation the nest day. the date for appointment was 6 days away as the NBN tech was busy.

NBN tech came over to the property and got the connection going. got a confirmation form MATE in 2 hours form the tech left and i was online. Speed is good so far

will keep you updated on a post later on.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi shawn,

Melbourne

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Great customer service and great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I have an NBN connection (2 actually). Set up was quick and problem free. The connection is very reliable and the customer service is excellent. I recommend Mate Communicate!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jude,

We work hard ensuring all our customers receive the best service.

Thanks again for your support, we really appreciate it.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Great Service and Stable Fast Connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I have FTTN and received quick set up with Mate. At last my connection is now stable and faster than ever before.
I now get 1.35Mbs/S compared to the nightmares of iiNet.
Very happy with Mates fast efficient service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi connect,

Happy return

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I was a customer with MATE for about six months, then disconnected the service due to a three-month stay overseas, and now signed back again. The NBN is great, MATE customer service and technical team are always friendly, helpful and efficient. I hope the quality of the service will continue to be as high as it is - sign up for your first month, you will not regret it.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Izabela,

What can we say, thanks for the great review and thanks for coming back to us!

• 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

just wanna say thank you to mate communicate! i have just had the displeasure of being connected to 100/40 myrepublic who supplied me with absolutely the worst customer service i have ever experienced and along with a worse then dial-up connection.
Terminated my contract with myrepublic and signed up to mate and within 2 days i was connected and ALL of the issues that myrepublic told me they could not fix and were NBN's problem somehow dissapeared????
Just want to say thank you for providing a stable connection as i have literally spent months having terrible internet.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi rylie,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Easy to deal with, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Was with TPG and left due to poor resolution of faults with my service. Moved my NBN service to MATE Communicate after reading lots of positive reviews. Rang at 1430 and spoke with a really helpful guy called Frank who arranged my connection without any hassles. 1930 - 5 hours later my connection had move across to MATE. Great NBN speed, no congestion and excellent customer service. With no lock in contracts and affordable prices, I would highly recommend MATE Communicate.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Chris C,

We work hard ensuring all our customers receive the best service.

Thanks again for your support, we really appreciate it. We will also pass your feedback onto Frank :-)

• 12 helpful votes

Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Excellent first impression. The NBN technician came this morning and in about half an hour I was connected and the download speed is close to the maximum. Really amazing.
So much better than my previous ISP (Dodo).
And wireless works very well too, so I can now use my tablet in any room.
Highly recommended!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mary,

What can we say, thanks for the great review!

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

Couldn't work to out how to connect our NBN but the service was absolutely amazing and we were able to connect. Even though it became a bit tricky Mark was able to help me out to the finest detail of getting it connected in our loungeroom

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Harriette N, Thanks for the kind words and your feedback! We work hard ensuring all our customers receive the best service. Thanks again for your support, we really appreciate it. We will als... read more »

Darwin

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great service. Easy and hassle free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

NBN. Set up was easy and fast. Been with mate communicate now 3 months and have had no issued. Was originally with another company but as adsl was being turned off in my area I had to change to NBN. My previous company wouldn't waiver the setup fee as I didn't want a lock in contract. So happy that mate communicate set me up with no contact and no set up fee. My plan is also cheaper than my previous company which is an extra bonus. Couldn't be happier with the connection and service I'm receiving. Have recommended mate communicate to my friends as I was that impressed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi KR21,