Filter By:

Congratulations!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

After 3 months trying to connect with another company and a lot of complains I changed to Mate Communicate! It took less than 1 week to have my internet working. Finally!!
Easy to talk with the support!!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Joao,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, it is much appreciated!

Glad to hear our support team have been helpful!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

All round good internet service provider

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I ordered the NBN service and within 2-3 days my connection was set up and ready to go, they communicated to me progress reports throughout the period as well.

I have experienced really good customer service and while the connection itself has dropped out probably a few times within 7 months or so, it's still pretty good and reliable, and good value as well.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi mawar,

Thanks MATE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Best internet provider out there!!!
I rest my case!!
Very easy and patience got my nbn up and running in 2 days

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Pas,

Wow, what can we say? Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Happy browsing.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fast connection as advertised, fantastic value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Went from adsl2+ to nbn. Connection was done without needing me being at home within 2 weeks. Speeds were as advertised. Used my own modem, so I had to configure the settings myself as their helpline was closed at 7pm and there was limited information on the website. Found a good guide from the whirlpool forums and was connected within 10mins. Happy customer here with no contract or connection fee.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Nick,

Brisbane

• 16 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Quick and easy... how refreshing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

What a pleasant experience... so good and easy. Thanks MATE for making life sweet and simple... gotta go cancel my telstra account. ciao.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

Also glad to hear your enjoying your service.

Top Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I used a 25 mbps nbn connection. Signing up was easy, done in 20 mins.
All I needed to do was setting up my own router according to MATE's instructions. No need for a technician. Since this was my first setting-up it took my some 30 mins but worked flawlessly afterwards.
Connection was good, not always perfectly up to speed but sufficient. One dropout only which was communicated very well to me, I was not left puzzled. Back online in a few hours.
Support was excellent. No mocking around with my credit card. Now that I am relocating to Europe there was no hustle cancelling my plan. Done in 5 mins.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Stephen,

Safe travels.

Maryborough, Qld

• 1 question

excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

i have had adsl with mate for over 1 year has been excellent. there service centre was excellent when we had trouble with modem and got it working in no time. hoping for nbn coming live on 14th or 15th june 2018 so as can purchase there modem and connect up as mine is getting very old.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, it is much appreciated!

Also glad to hear your enjoying your service.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Service and quality very average, flexibility the only significant plus.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I have a ADSL connection with mate. The flexibility of the plan is great, being able to opt in and out is great however, as great as that is, I’ve had really really poor experience with speeds and customer service. My speeds consistently average around 5-6mbps in non peak times and frequently are around 3 mbps at peak times. Recently I had an experience where I had no internet service, I contacted customer support as soon as possible who then told me it was most likely a problem with my router. After having to go 4 days without a connection, they finally sent a Telstra serviceman out to the exchange where he told me that my phone line was disconnected by someone else and the issue was not something I could have resolved. Following this I contacted them indicated my disappointment and asked what the options were in compensating me for the outage. They offered to only cover for 2 days worth of outages, a poor demonstration of customer service, especially for an issue that was not within the scope of my control. They consistently palmed off responsibility to Telstra. At the end of the day, I’m their customer and not Telstras. Really disappointing experience, ADSL speeds beyond depressing.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Tim,

We are sorry to hear of your experience.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this ASAP.

Hi, it’s 579352

MATE Communicate Official

Hi Tim, Thanks for confirming. We've reviewed your case and can see that a fault was logged for your service on 02/05/2018, this fault was resolved on 04/05/2018. As your service is "stand... read more »

Blackheath, NSW

• 5 helpful votes

Fast, Efficient & Amazing Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I ordered an NBN plan with a preset modem/router from MATE when I moved into a new rental property last month. They processed my order very quickly, organised an NBN technician appointment at no extra cost, and shipped the router within two business days. They also kept me updated with frequent emails during the process so I knew what was happening.

Unfortunately, it turned out that even though my new house was in an "NBN Ready" area, there was no phone port or any infrastructure installed at the property itself. So, sadly no NBN for me.

I contacted the MATE customer support team by email to explain the situation and enquire about returning the prepaid router for a refund. After dealing with the snarky and incompetent staff at Telstra for 12 months at my last place I wasn't feeling particularly hopeful, but I was very pleasantly surprised!

The MATE team responded to my emails promptly and politely, and I was able to cancel my order and return the router for a full refund. I was only out of pocket for the return postage and the refund was in my bank account within two days.

I'm still in shock that there is actually an Australian telco out there who is helpful, friendly AND efficient!

Even though I wasn't able to go through with my NBN plan this time, I'm very pleased with MATE's customer service and professionalism and will definitely be signing up again at my next place!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ally, First of all, we apologise that you could not get a service, there is a fair few people in the same situation as you can only imagine how frustrating it would be. We really do appreciate... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Mate Communicate fail to communicate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

My phone was hacked. I realise it was a huge problem, but all the advice I was given just caused more problems.
I would get one story on the phone and a contradictory story in emails. I was given a temporary number which turns out to be someone else's number if you ring it from a Telstra phone. They knew it was faulty but 3 days later nbn providers had to be the ones to ring me and tell me. Mate did not tell me. This ping pong game has gone on for a month now. I am so frustrated by the way they don't communicate.
I got a 435 page invoice. 21800 phantom calls made from my phone. People retuning calls I had not made 24hrs a day. Had to turn phone off.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi C J,

We are sorry to hear this.

Our support team was well aware of this issue and we troubleshooted extensively and exhausted all options available to us.

Barraba, New South Wales

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Perfect, fast, responsive and Tony (support) best ever after many years with Telstra
NBN
Fast, efficient and Mate was extremely helpful
Reliability is terrific and no downtime.
I am extremely satisfied with the service
A great pleasure chatting to

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Gary,

Wow, thanks for your fantastic feedback and glad to hear Tony was helpful!

Thanks again for your feedback.

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Very impressed with Mate Customer Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I am very impressed with Mate customer service. They are helpful, polite and patient with an older person who can have problems following instructions. So far, I have spoken to Stephen,Sam,Kevin and Tony and they have all been very helpful. I like that the phone is answered promptly. I recommend them to everyone. Kerry

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kerry,

Great customer service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Great customer support team who always follow up and know what they're doing. A big plus for having the service staff in OZ, the only downside is that they are not available on Sunday so hopefully you won't ever need assistance on Sundays.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi David,

Thanks for giving us a go! Really appreciate your feedback.

In regards to Sunday, we are always looking at ways we can improve, we will pass your feedback onto our management team :-)

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Best service providers in Australia!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I’ve been with Mate for a number of years and couldn’t recommend them more. They are always polite, helpful, and if there’s ever a service issue they do whatever they can to rectify the issue quickly and follow up to make sure everything accordingly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Elle,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, it is much appreciated!

Glad to hear our support team have been helpful when needed!

Perth

Must read before considering #notyourmates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Have been a customer of Mate on ADSL for near a year.
Lately tried to get sales to call me in relation to getting NBN.
On the 1st of July just before the long weekend in WA I was cut off for no reason by some peanut at Mate.
After calling I was told by someone in customer service that they were working on reconnecting me ASAP.
So by 5pm on Friday I had no callback me having 4 teenagers was stuck over the long weekend with no internet.
Calling them on Monday at lunch time to ask hows the reconnection going was told that it "can not happen", was told need NBN now because of the "Cease connection clauses" they have.
In a nut shell can not get reconnected, need to get NBN, will not be able to connect to NBN until the 15th at the earliest.
Got told by the guy on the phone that that was a ball park date and usually is not the date but can expect at least 10 days after that as there is a massive backlog with the technicians.
The worst company I have ever dealt with.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Brenton,

We are sorry to hear of your experience.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this ASAP.

• 3 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Seamless transfer to mate, thanks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Changed to Mate for our nbn. Went with their nbn50 offer, great price, very easy to deal with on the phone via their local support.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Simon,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Ok Internet provider just getting stated up.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Connection process was a downer. they didn't listen to my request properly and as a result I had to pay for a connection to an unfinished empty house. A few calls to management and they credited me 2 months I was out of pocket, all be it reluctantly. I would still recommend them as the price is good and internet NBN cant be any better with other providers. The tech staff are there to help. You speak to someone in Australia so thats a big plus.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mike.R, We are sorry to hear that you had issues with the connection process. Can you advise your account number so we can look into this a bit further? Appreciate your feedback though and gla... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Fantastic broadband and NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Hi everyone my name is Val, Let me tell you i tried broadband with many company's and i was not happy with the speed, then i switched to mate broadband and thank god my speed was lots faster and the price was also much cheaper and no locked in contract, now i have Mate NBN the speed is fantastic, customer service fantastic what more can i say, if you are looking for a good service chose MATE and you will know what im talking about. Thanks Mate you deserve this good review.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kapital,

Thanks for giving us a go! Really appreciate your feedback and we are very glad to hear your experience has been good thus far.

Better than expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Signed up for ADSL2+ about 1.5 years ago, very easy and straight forward sign up process. Very prompt and direct response from the customer support. When it's time to switch, it's just happen, no drama whatsoever. There's almost no blackout as what I can remember. Connection speed is satisfactory, slowed down a little bit during peak time, but that's understandable. Satisfied customer overall.
Could probably provide a little better pricing to be more competitive with other provider.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jimmy S,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Best Australian Internet Service Provider!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Ordered and connected to nbn on the same day, and speaking to an Australian customer service person was fast and easy. 10/10 would recommend to everyone. Thanks MATE!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Luke,

Glad to hear you were up and running quickly!

Thanks for your feedback.

1 of 35 pages