Filter By:

So efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

From the sales person to the support team and then to tec support was so easy.
Never had to explain my story twice.
Tried connecting with 2 other providers before MATE.
I am online now after 6 months of headaches…
Their call back system is fantastic I wish more companies done this.
Keep up the good work mate

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Edg,

Thanks for your cracking review!

We really appreciate you taking the time to write it, this feedback means so much to us and we are very glad you have been happy with your experience so far.

Excellent customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I have only been with this service provider for a couple of days & had one phone call but have to say the ease of transfer was very easy with no hiccups & the customer service provider I spoke with spoke ENGLISH! Hallelujah! Lol! He was extremely helpful & understanding & patient with me (I’m not very tech savvy) so I have to say so far so good!
As far as the actual service, I have a computer, 2 iPads & 2 iPhones & everything is running as expected so far. Very happy at this stage

November 22nd 2017 Update: Great customer service again!

Hi all, as I said on my last review, I’m not that tech savvy & so has to make another call for help! Lol! The service person I talked to was again fantastic...he was different to the last one but again he spoke English to my delight! He was so patient & very helpful! He was able to work out very quickly that I had plugged in the connection to the wrong port! Who knew that the yellow cord DIDNT plug into the yellow port! Nope it was the blue one! Lol!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ally,

Thanks for giving us a go! The team appreciates your feedback!

Don't forget if you refer a MATE and they sign up and provision an NBN or ADSL Bundle service, you will receive $100.00 credit on your account.

Australian Customer Service!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

No overseas call centre I repeat no overseas calls centre!!!

I talked to English speaking people that understood my problems.

Great service and speed that’s all I want and MATE has provided this.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Robin,

Brisbane

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great customer service and Impressive connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Considered MATES COMMUNICATE after a good research. As we are in new area and new home I was concerned about the internet speed and quality, but right from start I had been kept informed on how long it’s going to take for set up
It was worth the wait.
Haven’t had any problems so far. The best part is that there is no contract and can change the plan
Would highly recommend.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Sim,

MATE Team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

One in a million

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Do your yourselves a favor and give them a go.

The best experience I have had with any other provider.

All I wanted was to watch Netflix without buffering finally I now can.

Been with them 7 months now and loving it.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Elg,

Ripped off $150

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

They said if I returned my modem, they would refund me the costs. However they somehow lost it and refuse to refund me

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Chloe, It is impossible to lose a modem that we never received. We advised you that when the modem is returned we will provide you a full refund, however our logistics team have confirmed ... read more »

Exceptional Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I built my own home back in march in a new estate and NBN was avaliable to us.
After scouring the internet for providers and their reviews i stumbled upon mate, after seeing the how the positive reviews outweighed the negatives i decided dammit ill give them a go.
Not only was organising the connection seamless it was activated and ready to go earlier than forecasted.
Now that i have been on their network for 8ish month i can proudly say i made the right choice from the get go and i will be staying with them for the foreseeable future.
A+++ on all fronts would highly recommend/10.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Venumsss,

Exceptional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

have signed up for ADSL and their free NBN transition plan.

All I can comment on is the great service I have received thus far

These guys really have wowed me and I have dealt with plenty of ISP's around the world.

All I say is everyone give them a go no contracts thanks MATE.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Storms,

• 3 helpful votes

Poor ADSL2+ in South Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Not satisfied. I realised they don't have much presence in SA. Frequent drop outs weren't fixed and I found myself having to reboot the router each time. And they charged a whopping $70 per month.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Bilal Y., We are disappointed to hear you were unsatisfied with your MATE experience. We can see that on 06/08/2017 you advised you were experiencing slow speeds and wanted to cancel your ... read more »

Melbourne-Australia

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Speed sucks in western suburbs of Melbourne, and some Customer service Reps are quite rude, when you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I typically don't write reviews as I have very busy schedule with work, sports, hobbies, family and my recreational work. However, I was left so disappointed and devastated by Mate Communicate over my internet Services that I had to swap some of my recreational activity times, over writing this review!

I moved from Prahran to Hoppers and it was the best opportunity to change my provider from TGP to some-one who has good connection type, better speed and better reviews. So, I turned to Productreview.com.au. I was impress by seeing 4.8 starS and was easily sold their ADSL service to my new place. It took almost 2 weeks to get the Active Internet service, and I didn't complaint given some companies takes longer than other to connect.
Once the service was active, started using it as normal with multiple wireless devices connecting to the router (1TV, 2 Lappy, 4 Phones). Within few hours I figured the speed was not as good as it was in Prahran, when the same amount of devises were connected to the same modem/router, the only two difference were, the place and the ISP. For couple of weeks got busy with work, so didn't pay much attention to it. after couple of week I called up support and register a ticket (113631). Initially, it was all good, I was asked to run through list of tests for investigation and provide my findings back to them. Knowing, little technical details, It was no problem for me to run those tests and perform investigations. Report of investigations (test Runs) include 5 links of speedtest result. All of the having result below 1.5 mbps download below 1 mbps upload speed. Upload speed is not too bad. Initially was told by support there are lot of uploads happening from my router, so I disabled all the upload services like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox...etc. Performed dial tone test with the support member, and it was all good as well.
I forgot to mention couple of things,

1. All of the speed test were taken over Ethernet cable connected directly to Modem while WiFi being turned off. So, only one device connected (one laptop-and the speed was always below 1.5 mbps

2. Multiple resets of Modem happened almost every time I was asked to perform speed test and connection setup. So, the speed I was getting it was absolutely best case scenarios..
Later in the second week after complaint, I was told, This is the best I'm gonna get. The distance from Telstra Exchange is almost 3ks. So, I checked with my neighbour who uses TPG and tapped into his WiFi and ran multiple speed tests again. Surprisingly, the neighbour was getting more than double the speed I was getting, that too over a WiFi router, which had multiple devices connected to it when I ran the speed tests.
So, technically, my neighbour was getting double the speed I'm getting for typical daily house internet use. I provide my findings to Mate communicate with speed test results link, and to my shock I was told your neighbour use TPG, and TPG has their own infrastructure to provide service. So, I called up TPG, and I was advised, they also use the Telstra infrastructure in the area to provide internet services.

I also had issues of dropping the internet every now and then, so I checked with my Modem to find out what's the dropouts and error rate on the PPPoE connection()ADSL connection). I found out that the drop outs seconds after a fresh new PPPoE connection were 591 and the Error rate was 519800 for receiving. it was similar for transmitted stats as well. So, asking the explanation for drop outs and error, I was told to get a new router and check again.

Everyone beware, make sure you research the feedback in your area for the service of mate communicate or any other provider for that matter.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Micky Rathod, We can see that you have been liasing with our support team extensively. As we have advised, we are happy to log a fault with Telstra to ask for a technician to attend site t... read more »

Hi Team, Appreciate your reply, thank you. The attainable speed is the best case scenario. However, the service has improved in performance lately. I was away for a week for business trip, and got... read more »

Hi Micky,

If you do not wish to have the service cancelled, please discuss this with our support team.

Macgregor, ACT

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 24 helpful votes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Mate Communicate i thought after your great reviews i don't have to worry about my internet for some time it was mistake Connected ADSL2+ 8th November 2017 switch out 17th November 2017, internet dropping out, web pages freezing, slow speeds on the 10th November 2017 Friday internet down for the weekend can't get to the call centre have to leave a msg to call back. Did every test they told me, advised something to do from my end but no everything is fine from my side. It was frustrating when you have to pay for a service but you have use your mobile hotspot to connect to the internet.

I switched to the wholesaler Telstra no problems with the line working great no drop outs or freezing web pages.
Mate i need my upfront money back i am not satisfied with your service only last for a week with PROBLEMS!!!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kanye, We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with your MATE service and we can see that you have now cancelled your account. We can see that a fault was logged for your ADSL serv... read more »

Yes i have cancelled the service and enjoying problem free broadband. From the day one i had the line issues, i called the call centre the day i got connected,its noting to do with the BYO mode... read more »

MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kanye, As previously advised, after we logged a fault and the carrier advised there was no issue with your service, we advised you to re-test the service and let us know if you were still exp... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent connection & customer service and great value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

As soon as I was notified NBN was available, I started my search for a NBN provider. I stumbled across this company via the product review site when I was researching the NBN experience of my current provider who I intended on staying with. After looking into them further I decided to make the switch, as I liked the terms and the value proposition. Since June 2017 I have had to call them once due to the internet being down. I got through very quick, spoke to a support person and was promised it would be looked into and they would get back to me. Within the hour I was contacted back with an update and told it would be resolved within the hour. All in all, the technical glitch was resolved fast and professionally. What more could you ask for in relation to issue resolution. They don't provide an email server, but seriously who needs that now days with all the free services out there. I still use my router I purchased for ADSL (Netgear D6400) and setup was easy following their instructions. I am on the 25Mbps plan over FTTN - I just ran the iinet speed test and achieve: 20,266 kbps down, 3,781 kbps up at 12:30pm on a Sunday. I am approx. 200m from the nearest node.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mee,

Sydney

MATE #1

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

We ordered NBN through MATE but had to wait around 6 weeks to get online due to the pathetic NBN roll out, MATE kept us informed with emails & sms's which was great.
Since we have been online everything has been perfect kids on Netflix & wife online shopping.
Great customer service & great price !
Hopefully it stays this way, keep up the good work MATE !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Cuz, Many thanks for the kind words and your feedback! We work hard ensuring all our customers receive the best service and although NBN connections are not always smooth, we try our best to d... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Great Aussie Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Been with MATE for months and cant be happier.

Speeds are great (well as great as you can get on ADSL).

Their communication is good via sms and email.

Their customer service is the best I ever dealt with.

Noticed in a previous post there was a shout out to David, I also dealt with David recently he was fantastic.

One fault which is minor would love them to be on live chat more.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Lin, Thanks for giving us a go! The team appreciates your feedback! Don't forget if you refer a MATE and they sign up and provision an NBN or ADSL Bundle service, you will receive $100.00 ... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Absolutely Amazing Service & Communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Churned our NBN connection to MATE as our previous (a large provider) RSP was terrible. Excellent communication from MATE. They called me a couple hours after I requested more info via E-Mail just ask some techy questions before signing up. No "evasive" answers, just direct, honest responses from a very polite representative who understood everything.
Setup was amazing, connected within 3 hours of signing up.

We've been with MATE for 2 months on the 25/5 Unlimited plan. Not a single drop out since Day 1, and we rarely drop below 23.5 Mbps, even through a VPN service. Peak hour weekends sometimes goes to 15-20Mbps, but that is extremely rare and barely noticeable.
We are so glad we made the switch to MATE. Our previous RSP we had to make at least 1-2 calls a month to fix problems, but I have not had to even restart the router in 2 months. 100% Recommend to everyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your amazing review!

Page

Happy as larry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

we have been connected for 5 days now and so far im very happy.
previous 2 providers were hopeless.

I now have good internet speeds and australian customer service.

please keep it up mate please !!!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Sunny,

Poor experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I lost my ADSL connection from Friday (03/11/2017) about 11 days ago and I have called several times to fix the issue but every time they just promise to follow the matter and call me back and after nearly two weeks there is no connection and update yet.
I am just wondering is that this much hard to fix a disconnection that has been happened without any technical problem.
I’m really disappointed to have changed my provider from TPG to this company with a poor customer service.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Morteza, We are sorry to hear that you were offline for this amount of time. We can assure you that we did everything we possibly can to get you up and running with minimal delays however we d... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Happy with my new MATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Moved into a new home with NBN already installed and would recommend MATE to anyone. I have two young children who constantly use Netflix and YouTube and have never had any issues even when using the internet at the same time as them with multiple devices in the house. I don't really look at the speeds but everytime I've used the service it works without any issues. Sign up online was easy and Aussie support team are responsive and friendly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi HayleyG,

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

So much less stressful than the other ISP

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

I have an NBN HFC connection. I transferred from iiNet about two weeks ago because of the ongoing and stressful problems I was having getting iiNet to contact NBN and lodge a fault - I had had no internet for nearly a month. My problems with iiNet have been documented in a review of that company and I refrain from repeating. I can't say that all has been plain sailing since signing up with Mate. It took more than a week to get an effective service and even as late as yesterday I had some dropouts but it seems to be becoming more stable. However, it is difficult to fault Mate with any of this. They appear to have communicated well with NBN and relayed my problems effectively. NBN seemed to take a while to understand that four green lights on the Arris modem does not necessarily mean that there is a working internet connection (in fact less than 5kbs) but Mate kept at them - requesting information about my equipment to help with the case. Also, and importantly, Mate kept me in the loop most of the time with emails and text messages to let me know that my problems were still being worked on. I found this a refreshing change from iiNet. I'm tossing up between 4 stars and 5 stars. When I have a truly stable internet it will go to 5 stars.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi BillM, Thanks for your cracking review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write it, this feedback means so much to us. We work hard ensuring all our customers receive the best... read more »

Oconnor

So impressed !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Have been with them for over 6 months now so ready to write a review.

1. I cant fault their customer service brilliant
2. Their plan are very price competitive
3. Speeds are great, never had a problem with netflix, stan etc

Last week I had a fault and was dealt with very timely and with a very professional attitude. Special shout out to David he was fantastic.

Can recommend MATE enough.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Bryan,