Filter By:

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Price Increase WITHOUT notification!!!!! Very poor, be careful of this mob!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

So, the price gets raised without notification? Poor, poor form my friends, I'm off to another provider! not really good enough.....

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Leonie, We are sorry to hear this. However, you would have been advised at point of sale that price reflected a promotion we had where you get $10 off for the first 6 months. If you signed... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Reliable internet at last

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have a great connection very rare to get a dropout and are the best company for service. There service is helpful friendly and also based in Australia so that is a big bonus

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Sam,

Glad to hear you are happy with us, many thanks for your feedback!

Evatt

• 2 comments
  • 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great when it works, alas this is not often enough

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

When it works it's great.
However, too often for my liking, it takes too long to connect to a website and often times out. (site can't be reached because DNS server can't be reached). I'm not sure if this is congestion but even so, I'm not happy about it.
Lucky we have a reliable backup with Telstra 4G.
This review, for example, has taken over 20 minutes to write as I'm trying to find an email in my mail account that contains the invoice proof of purchase I need to upload.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kippax,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 so we can investigate.

MATE team

These guys rock!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have been with the mate for 6 months. No issues at all and cheap price for the NBN 50Mb plan (good speed and reliable)

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jared,

The MATE team.

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

My First Few Days On Mate NBN

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Was previously on Telstra, but will never go back to there constant dropouts, Overseas Support. With mate NBN I have Australian support, no dropouts, and outstanding speeds.

Thank You Mate NBN, Your service is amazing.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Adam

Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

nbn fixed wireless connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Have only been connected for a few weeks. As yet no issues, no dropouts, reliable connection everything ok. Would recommend this company. Gary (Arthur)

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your feedback.

Very glad to hear that we have provided a reliable connection!

Not too bad

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Customer service is excellent. Well done!

The speed isn’t good than I expected in my area. Worth checking prior. So far all good to me.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Syed,

Glad to hear you are happy with us, many thanks for your feedback!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Easy connection and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

After being with Telstra for years and being less than impressed with the dreadful customer service, I decided to try Mate.
Mainly due to the Australian Customer service ( I have had enough of the overseas call centres) and also because they have no lock-in contracts!
To be honest I had no expectations but found the instructions for setting up the new modem were pretty easy to understand. I had a slight problem with my VOIP calls but an email to Mate got that resolved in about forty minutes and all is working well. Customer service was excellent.
The connection is good and I have not experienced any dropouts in the month I have been connected. I hope that continues as I will be happy to stay with them.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mrs S,

Tweed Heads

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

This Team never disappoint, they just get better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Had NBN FTTN connected a few weeks ago exactly as advised by Customer Service and no dropouts at all to date and speed meets specification. Having waited a few weeks for my landline to port over to Mate, the process was completed ahead of the specified date but I screwed up my modem while completing the activation process. Called Mate for technical support and Adrian answered within a minute. Adrian fixed my modem problem quickly and VOIP now works perfectly. It is so refreshing to be greeted by an Australian call center, and to be helped so professionally and with obvious patience and persistence to resolve my problem. Yet again, this team under promises and over delivers. Keep up the fantastic customer service !

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the review!

We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience.

Adelaide

Exceeding Expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Changed over from T#$ nbn internet due to very poor service. Mate what a difference. Even changed the mobile account over as well. Cannot fault. Don't waste you time with the others anymore!!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Troy,

Prompt customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I joined with Mates six months ago for the internet service only and have been a happy customer since.
Recently with the NBN rollout I upgraded the service with Mates to include my phone as well.
During the six months when I contacted Mates for advice or issues including billing I was attended to promptly and courteously via email, direct phone support or text.
I have not had any issues or episodes with service dropouts.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Senior_011

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Connection has been fantastic since we signed up several months ago. It's been super reliable and no more dropouts...YAY! Really happy I made the switch to MATE.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ana,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great customer service and internet provider.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

We recently moved and made the transition with Mate. Their customer service is the best and internet service has been good at our new house. A couple of drop outs and having some patchy service with my mobile phone which I recently added to my mate account but with a good customer service I'm sure we'll sort it out

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Nina,

Very satisfied!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

No dropouts since connecting a little over 2 months ago. Email enquiries answered quickly pre- and post-signup. On the nbn 50 plan (+ home phone) which is giving me around 46 Mbps download and 16-17 Mbps upload (tested via www.speedtest.net). Used a modem suggested by mate - setup was easy following their instructions. Intended connection activation date was accurate. Loving not having a contract. Having included phone calls is great.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Pete,

Verified Customer Connection Type: I don't know

Can't Fault It

Connection is reliable.
No unscheduled dropouts experienced - if there are, we are notified well in advanced.
Customer service / dealings with company have all been very smooth.
Rates are competitive.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Bach,

Thanks for your great review!

Stoked

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Only person in my town without problems. Will be changing my mobile provider to mate as soon as I can.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Bradley,

Returning customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I have used "Let's be mates" before and only cancelled because I left overseas. Upon my return I called them again and spoke to a friendly guy by the name Frank, who checked if the NBN services are available in my area and in the end he arranged the re-connection for me. I just wanted to make sure after 6 months the customer service was still without any hassles and by an Australian team (after I experienced a terrible service with Iinet). Thanks guys.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi MarTina,

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

I will recommend Mate to all my friends!! they are just perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Connection is good, and speed is also fine. Fast service. Cannot compare with other broadband company in Australia. They are the best.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Suyou,

Perth

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

The connection is extremely reliable, and usually the speed of the connection (even during peak) is very close to what I'm paying for. There has been only 1 dropout in the 5-6 months that i have been connected and it was fixed relatively quickly.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Josh,

WA, WA

• 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes

4 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Overall these guys to do try and their service will get the job done.

I have not given 5/5 stars because they are based online, and their phone support is limited in therms of weekend hours and on holidays.

Hopefully as they grow they can connect more with their customers.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Row555,

Thanks for the review!

We appreciate your feedback and assure you we are continually working on improving our services.

1 of 62 pages

Please advise if your internet will be suitable for me? I only have ADSL line. Address is 2/1 Melaleuca drive, carrum 3197. I have my own modem. Thanks

Karen C asked on Oct 10, 2018

Other NBN service providers supply their customers free modems, I have to pay for a modem when I sign up with MATE Communicate?

Raymond C asked on Oct 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Raymond C,

The NetComm modem we provide is a mid-range device, this would be a much better device with a stronger Wi-Fi range than most modems included for "free" by other providers.

Also, we do not have any contracts so this is the reason our modem requires upfront payment, whereas other ISPs may include this over the duration of a 12 or 24 month contract.

To check availability and advise what we can offer you, we will require your full address as we need to determine what technology your premises will receive.

Please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise.

on your 50 plan with phone its 68 a month is that promo cost or real cost, and if not what is your month to month, what is cost to port over nbn and home phone i would be on a byo?

David7321 asked on Oct 03, 2018

Answer this

Hi David7321,

The nbn 50 bundle plan is currently $68.00 per month for the first 6 months as part of our $10.00 promotion. After 6 months the regular price is $78.00 per month.

MATE team