Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Fantastic Sale and Building Supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Sales person - Andrew Coad and Building Supervisor - Nathan Wilmott, both fantastic and amazing people who did all they could to help. Always willing to help and solve problems. Very happy with the final house.
Customer Service could have been better - representative did not know what was happening and often played phone tag with her.
5 Star rating for Sales and Building Supervisor
2 Star for Customer Service.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Bos Thanks for your kind 5 star review and lovely comments for Andrew and Nathan. We really appreciate it and we take your feedback on customer service on board. All the very best as you sett... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Great Customer service and the ability to meet timelines

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

From the inital conversation and quotation of the build Rivergum home were always highly professsional in their conduct. I was kept updated the whole time during the build and various approval stages.

In addition, my build contract consisted of a 20 week build guarantee whereas Rivergum handed me the keys to the finished product in 12 which is a true example of great customer experience.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Rommel

Thank you very much for your great 5 star review. We are very pleased that you are so happy with your experience and your lovely new home. All the very best.

Rivergum Homes Customer Care team

So Happy We Chose Rivergum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

We’d never owned or built a house before and didn’t really know where to start. The Rivergum name and logo had a good vibe to it so we went into their Lightsview display village first up and met Marcus. He was open, honest, highly knowledgeable and a pleasure to chat with. It was the perfect start but we felt we should at least see what another builder was like. We ventured into a nearby display village but simply didn’t get the same good vibe as Rivergum so it was straight back to them. Marcus was fantastic throughout the preliminary stages and we had no hesitation in signing the contract.

Our selections day at the Pavilion Design Studio was totally enjoyable. Jessica made us feel so welcome and she went above and beyond to ensure our selections were consistent with contemporary housing trends and she got it right. Without her guidance we’d be writing this looking at outdated yellowish wall colours – thanks Jessica.

The good vibe continued throughout the construction stage. We had two site supervisors, Justin and Jason, both very helpful and clearly on top of the build process despite having many sites to manage. The honesty and quality control was outstanding. Our stone bench top was replaced during the build due to a defect which we didn’t notice. This could have easily been passed by us and the fact it was replaced is testimony to the Rivergum philosophy of quality.

The Customer Care team have, and continue to be, brilliant. Many thanks to Ann and Kathy for always being available, always welcoming and always able to assist in a timely fashion.

Perhaps the most telling thing throughout the whole process is that we never felt just like clients, we felt like we were part of the Rivergum Family and even though we’ve moved in now, we still feel part of that Family. Thanks Rivergum, for a memorable and enjoyable experience and for a new home with such a good feel about it – we love it.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Ian and Karen We really appreciate your fantastic and comprehensive 5 star review, thank you. Our team was so happy to read your kind comments and feedback for our team members. We are chuff... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Finished up with a great home!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

We have now built two homes with Rivergum Homes.

Both homes were a custom design.

Yes, there were challenges along the way which we expected, but the response to issues being finalised has been very good and Nathan our supervisor on the last house certainly has gone out of his way to assist and ensure that we have walked away satisfied with their product. So much so that our daughter and her husband are about to sign up for a two storey home to be built with RGH.

Very satisfied customers!!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Mario We were very pleased to read your review, thank you. It's really great that you are happy with both of your homes and that your daughter is about to build with us as a result of your exp... read more »

I am wrapped

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

I have rented for 30 years! I felt impressed last year that it was time to purchase land and build. I researched many different companies and options for a house on my land. I was interested in building with another company but the only house I could afford with them was tiny.

I contacted Rivergum and began meeting with Joe Romano. He was just the right person to help me! He treated me with respect and was very pleasant to talk with. He was very honest and helped me to understand the procedures with building. He patiently made alterations to a few floor plans until I was happy with one that suited my budget and needs. Then we made alterations until it was the best possible for me. He helped me to work out how to site it on my block. He gave me great advice and pushed things along in a fair manner so I could achieve my goal of being in my house this year.

The team in The Pavilion did a great job with External and Internal Selections. They respected my right to spend extra on things that were important to me, but did not pressure me to choose more expensive options when I was happy with the standard item. I am very happy with my choices and grateful for their guidance.

Once Alison Shepherd became my Customer Service Officer, everything began to work well! She showed a style of customer service that is rare! She was honest and attentive to my concerns and communicated superbly the possible solutions. She obtained answers from my site supervisor as soon as possible and kept me informed. She was always well mannered and always spoke pleasantly to me. She was a real sweetie! But most of all, she got things done!

My site supervisor, Justin Rowe, is a doer! The construction started on time and moved fast. When I drove to my block to check progress, it was always going ahead beautifully! At one point I noticed that something I paid for as an extra had been overlooked. Justin got onto it promptly and it was done. When I attended for the walk through it was Justin who pointed out the items that needed finishing. He was fussier than me about the final product being of a high standard. When I had a big concern, he answered me with mildness and good reasoning. He delivered my house in excellent condition, ready for me to move in and earlier than stated on the contract!!

I am extremely happy with my house and so grateful for Rivergum for providing a wonderful small home for me. I am grateful that Rivergum offers houses that are affordable. Many companies I have contacted show disinterest and disdain for customers who are building smaller homes. My experience with Rivergum was different-all staff treated me with respect and compassion! Well done, Rivergum!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Elizabeth Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review. We are really appreciative of the detail you have provided and your kind words for our team. We love that you are so happy with your new ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Apalling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

We moved in over a year ago - still waiting on maintenance- water damage to walls, windows, gyprock, skirting boards! No gap filler in windows, skirts, staircase ... list just goes on. Worst interior paint job with watered down paint! We have had 2 maintenance guys come , apalled by quality and never come back! Trying again today with a new maintenance fellow. He just arrived thinking he was just replacing rusted handles!! What about all the rest of the work?. We have sent photos over and over yet the supervisor seems to acknowledge, placate then ignore. Doubtful this nightmare will ever end. Customer service was initially the best part of Rivergum but now we are just part of an ongoing cycle of being made to feel an inconvenience with complete lack of care or interest. We will keep you posted!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Fiona We are very disappointed that we have let you down, we aspire to give all of our customers a great experience and we are so sorry that this has not been the case for you. Please be assure... read more »

Amazing - thank you!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I'm a painful customer but this house looks great and Nathan (site supervisor) really went out of his way to accommodate me. Chanel (our customer service rep) really kept me in the loop with everything that was going on and always either answered my calls straight away or called back promptly. There were a lot of variations and a few last minute changes I made but Nathan was really flexible and genuinely wanted to help. He gave us some great pointers as well and despite damage from vandals externally, all was fixed and cleared up and the house was handed over from slab to keys in under 5 months. For a double storey with 3 bathrooms and bedrooms, with all my amendments and requests for constant updates, that's amazing. Other houses that started before us aren't even finished yet, and we are moving in :)

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Christina

Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate your feedback and are really pleased that you love your new home, that's what we are all about! All the very best.

Our custom dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

My husband and I have just moved in to our forever home, built by Rivergum Homes. This is our third build and we plan on being in this home for a very long. We had very clear ideas of what we wanted for this home and searched for a builder who would accomodate our wishes and take us seriously.

Wanting a custom build, we presumed we would have to pick a different type of builder, as many other big companies we had spoken to were not interested in changing plans. From our first meeting with Adam at Rivergum, we were instantly impressed. He understood exactly what we were after, he gave excellent ideas and suggestions and he diligently answered all our questions. No idea or question was too hard for him and he helped us achieved a plan we absolutely love. Completely custom designed and perfect for our family.

From there we went through the selections process. Again we had very clear ideas of what we wanted, something very classic and unique to many other homes. Alana was incredible. She understood the style and vision for the home and guided us in the right direction to get the exact finish we were hoping for. I was expecting to be talked out of some of my bold ideas but Alana embraced them and assisted us to make these ideas work effectively in our home. Once again we found no request or question was too hard for her to handle and answer.

We then began our "relationship" with our customer care coordinator Chanel and Richard our compliance coordinator. It felt as though we formed a friendship with them as we spoke on the phone regularly. When we would have questions or want an update on the progress of the build we were always met with thorough assistance, respect and care. This in between stage of the build felt frustrating as you don't see anything happening on site and we would worry nothing was being done. But once the construction of our home commenced it became very clear that this time was used very well and wisely, planning our home and making sure everything was organised and ready to go to make construction a smooth and pain free process.

We then met Nathan. An absolute legend and site supervising hustler. Momentum never stopped at our home, something was always being done and achieved. Any questions we had, and there were a lot, were answered quickly by Nathan or Chanel who seem to work very well as a team. During our build, we hired a private building inspector to double check everything had been done to the correct standard, offering us peace of mind. He could not fault our build quality. The very few minor things he found were rectified within the week and checked by Nathan. We are extremely thankful to Nathan for managing this build so well and getting us into our home within 5.5months.

We are thrilled with our home. We have man random people rive past and come and look at it, asking us who built the home regularly. We have no hesitation in referring Rivergum to anyone! We are extremely impressed.

Our only very minor set backs have been quality of paint finishes in some areas and some average flushing in areas also but this will be resolved. Also we have a lack of data points and incorrect cables for NBN connection within the home. This too is able to be rectified in time. But these things do not compare to the wonderful experience we have had with Rivergum and we would happily build with them again...but in the meantime...we are going to enjoy living in our beautiful home.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Steph What an amazing review, thank you so much! The team involved with your home is chuffed with your kind comments, as we all are at Rivergum. We are really pleased that you and your family... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Pros and Cons, but overall a positive experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

After terminating a contract with another SA builder, we were desperate to get our home built as quickly as possible, and as honestly as possible. Rivergum provided not the cheapest price but gave us the most honest and open quote along with sales support that made us feel like our home was important. This superior customer service and support continued throughout construction. Our original supervisor was troublesome and was responsible for a number of errors, and delays in the project. However when Nathan our new supervisor was appointed, things finally got done and the our home got finished! Nathan was down to earth, professional, and empathetic to the issues that had occurred before his appointment, and was focussed on delivering us a home we loved.
Like most will attest when building a home, our experience was somewhat of a rollercoaster. Rivergum provided many positive experiences throughout the process, but there were also some opportunities for improvement worth mentioning:

What We Liked:
- Sales consultant was professional, helpful, approachable
- Quote was itemised with additional items, so you knew how much the extra would cost, and also knew how much it would be if it were deleted. This seems minor, but many builders don't disclose the costs of extras, and hold back on the credits if you decide to delete them.
- Build Time Guarantee - we were provided 16 week build guarantee (now 18-20 weeks), not many builders give you this commitment, and others will suggest between 26-32 weeks.
- Customer Service - all customer service officers were professional and helpful. They followed up things they said they would, and emailed or called to update you.
- Nathan our supervisor. Finished the job the way he said he would, was open and honest and a knowledgeable professional.
- Selections Centre - A great asset to the company, open on weekends and gives you a good way to start thinking about selections before you need to make the final decisions.
- Defects rectification - Chris their maintenance guy was prompt and keen to get items resolved.

What Could be Improved:
- Quality of finishes - in particular tiling and painting. These needed to be rectified both prior to handover and also during the defects period.
- Symmetry of windows in external walls - make sure you ask for your windows to be centred in rooms (if this is your desire) otherwise they will line up to avoid brick cuts, and may end up closer to one side of the room than the other, rather than in the middle. Sounds minor, but can be a surprise.
- Trades reviewing finishes schedule - a number of trades did not review the selections we had made in detail, which mean certain items were painted the wrong colour, installed in the wrong location etc.
- Build Time Guarantee was Exceeded - whilst it was only 2 weeks, we felt there were plenty of days the site was unattended that would have enabled the home to be handed over on time.
- Sales Consultant Experience- the sales consultants whilst professional, did not possess adequate construction knowledge to advise on more intricate detail (ie. using lightweight construction above garage door to eliminate steel lintel, and ability to cantilever portico frame, without supporting post/pier. Most would take advice at this stage from the sales consultant, but when they are uncertain they should be referring it to construction professionals within the organisation.

Overall we were very happy with our home, the speed with which it was built, and fantastic customer service and the transparency with price. Whilst we did have some issues, Rivergum showed a great respect and willingness to make things right, and for that and the efforts of our supervisor Nathan we were extremely grateful. We can't wait to build again with what we have learnt through this process!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Stu Thank you so much for your comprehensive 5 star review! We really appreciate your candour, we are always striving to improve and we take your improvement feedback on board. We are very pl... read more »

Great Value for Money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Overall we had a good experience with Rivergum. As they are one of the larger builders you get the luxury of a very organised process from start to finish with someone always there to take your call. Considering the price we were happy with the build quality, and extremely quick build time (around 14 weeks).

We have a few outstanding defects, which has had to take a bit of back and forth communication (our customer care consultant has changed about 4-5 times during and after the build), but nothing which they have been unreasonable about, and have been responding in a timely manner.

Special mention to:

Andrew Coad - one of the best sales persons I've yet to come across, the man lives by his phone and responds to queries / requests in a highly professional and extremely quick manner. There is a reason why he is Rivergum's best sales person.

Fiona Shiell & Richard Farnworth - very efficient and flexible throughout the DA process, I had my own process as to dealing with council and they were more than happy to accommodate.

Danny Wakely - considering the high volume of builds that these site managers need to manage, Danny was responsive and promptly followed up with our queries. We were very appreciative of his flexibility particularly during the build and for some owner works. Danny certainly delivered a great product. 5 Stars from us.

Jason Zub, Ann Hughes & Alison Kennedy - customer care is typically a thankless job, where you only hear of the complaints, without their responsiveness, the entire process would have been much more stressful. Thankyou team.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Paul Thank you very much for your great review. We are very appreciative that you have taken the time to provide feedback on your experience and for the special mentions for our team members. ... read more »

Very happy with everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

The build quality was excellent and I had very little to ask to be fixed. The build was managed in a fantastic manner. Joe is the best supervisor I have worked with & made life easy for us. Customer service was mostly good with a couple of issues.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Janine

Thank you for your great review and fantastic feedback for Joe, we really appreciate it and wish you every happiness as you settle in to enjoy your lovely new home.

That new home feeling!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

Everything went very smoothly through the process of the construction of my new home. Ebony vine was extremely helpful and accommodating informing me with relevant information and answering all my questions. Joe Dunbar was fantastic throughout the home inspection and handover making it very easy and smooth. During the handover everything was fixed that I had marked and I was extremely happy with the finished house.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Simone Thank you for your 5 star review. We are pleased that you are so happy with your new home and Joe and Ebony are very appreciative of your kind words. We wish you every happiness in yo... read more »

My review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

Good experience throughout the process of the sale and building . The company has been very attentive and and met our expectations with plenty of support right from the start and demonstrated good flexibility with respect to accommodating our requests for variations. The quality of the building appears to be to a good to high standard, minor faults were quickly rectified. I would build with Rivergum again.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Rossi

Thank you for your great review, we are very appreciative of your feedback. We look forward to working with you when next you choose to build. In the meantime, enjoy your lovely new home.

Affordable Family Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We came into this process as first time home builders with our own plans that we had done elsewhere. Rivergum made our large 2 storey family home a reality at a very reasonable price.
We started off with the selection process which was quite intense as it's all done in one day so there is no time for indecision. Alana was great at helping to guide us through this process, however it would have been nice to have more info on some products before making decisions. For example, we were asked if we wanted the security pack but they couldn't explain what it actually included other than a "home security system". So we didn't include it.
At the start of the build there was next to no communication and we were very surprised to discover that you don't have direct access to the site supervisor, instead you must go through customer care. It was a bit of a case of Chinese Whispers and there were fencing issues that could have been resolved swiftly but instead caused drama and confusion between many parties. However, for the rest of the build this method of communication worked fine.
We had a few issues along the way which is to be expected and they were resolved by Nathan (the site supervisor).
It is the finishings that we were disappointed with, in particular the painting and cleaning for handover. It was very rushed which is quite obvious in the quality. The cleaning for handover also left a lot to be desired. For example none of the upper storey windows were cleaned at all; the porch was not cleaned and even after a good scrubbing by us still looks like a building site; and paint splatters were everywhere including the front door. We believe this was due to the rush to finish for handover but it's still disappointing.
We have quite a list of things for the 3 month maintenance check and would like to reserve complete judgement until Rivergum have had the opportunity to respond to them.
Overall we are happy that we have a beautiful home.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Ellie Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We are really appreciative, as we do review the comments on areas that can be improved upon and are pleased that despite this you are ha... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Our New Rivergum Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

My partner and I recently finished post handover with Rivergum for our new home in SA.

We are first time builders (and first home buyers) so we had no experience on what to expect in regards to the build and overall are very pleased with the outcome of the build. Our experience with builders pre-Rivergum was pretty awful. We originally paid a deposit with Dechellis Homes for them to build our house, spent 8-10 months in the planning stage, getting council approval, engineering soil testing etc. before a long gap in communication at their end when we were expecting the final contract. They finally called us in for a meeting and told us there was an 'accounting error' which was only picked up at the last check point by the owner. This meant they had underquoted us by $50k. Needless to say, the trust was broken and we bailed on Dechellis ($5000 poorer). Dechellis released our plans and we took them to a variety of builders before settling on Rivergum due to price, inclusions and reputation.

To make it easier to review Rivergum I've split this into three sections:

Sales Process
This was probably the most frustrating part of the build with Rivergum, mainly due to the slow pace that it seemed to move at. We were already a year behind after being messed around by Dechellis so we wanted to move things along quickly but it still took over eight months before the slab was poured. John at Lightsview was the consultant we went through. He was good, sometimes a bit distracted or slow to reply but he did accommodate our custom plan really well and suggested some great changes to it which has made the house more functional.

Selections & Customer Service
Once the sales process was done we were passed to Myong from Customer Service to handle all of our queries and we had our selections appointments. She was wonderful and looked after us throughout the whole build, helping to get any issues resolved very quickly. We had to wait over a month for a free selections appointment (weekday) which was frustrating and contributed to the long pre-build process mentioned above but the fact that we could go into the selection centre whenever to look at the options was really good. By the time we finally had the appointment we had pretty much everything picked out and ready to go which made the process pretty smooth.
The girls who we did the selections with were very good however there are now a few minor details that I wish we (or they) had of picked up on in regards to power point and light switch placement so they were better hidden (minor issues in the scheme of things). They were also very good in regards to quoting very quickly and were not pushy trying to upsell expensive fittings at all which was great.

Biggest selection recommendation: Upgrade your toilets! Ours were standard and look nice enough but the flush is terrible which means they need cleaning twice as often.

The Build
The actual build was the smoothest and relatively quickest part of the entire process. Jason was our site supervisor and we thought he was fantastic. He managed the build so well, everything moved quickly, the slab was poured at the end of November and we had handover in mid-May. This was pretty impressive as we were expecting closer to August. The workmanship was generally good- painting was the only one that we were not completely happy with. At pre-handover there were only very minor issues- mainly paint with some grouting and silicone etc. we also had a defect in our front door (1.2m wide wooden door) which was replaced post handover with no issues.
The worst part about the handover was that the house was filthy! There were no floors yet- we opted to install these ourselves- so I expected that they wouldn't be very clean but after the cleaner came I expected that the cupboards, mirrors, benchtops etc. would be moderately clean- it was not. That being said, we have heard stories of handovers where there are holes in walls and missing taps etc. so in the scheme of things this is probably a minor issue.

Overall we were really happy with the build and gave an excellent rating mainly for Jason and the overall build process/outcome. 9/10 would recommend.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Wow, what a comprehensive review! Thank you so very much for taking the time to do this, we are really appreciative and it provides such invaluable feedback for future customers of Rivergum Homes.... read more »

New home with Rivergum Homes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Both my husband and I are overall pleased with the workmanship and build quality of our property. There were some hiccups along the way, however, all issues were addressed on a timely and efficient manner. We would like to especially recognize Dino who is the person-in-charge for the project site. He responds to our queries and concerns in a timely manner despite his very busy schedule. Ebony whom we dealt with on administration issues has also been very helpful and quick to address any issues that arise. Thank you Rivergum Homes for making this a fairly smooth sailing and happy experience for the both of us.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi STan Thank you for your great review, we really appreciate it! Dino and Ebony are especially pleased with your kind words and we thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your exper... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Done amazing work for my new Home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

We are very happy to see our new home, built by Rivergum Homes. Naithan Willmott, the site supervisor had done an excellent job at ensuring the build went smoothly. We are amazed to get keys of new home within 13 weeks. We are thankful to the whole team of Rivergum Homes for doing such an impressive job. great customer service was provided throughout the entire process. The product Quality is excellent. Marcus Watts also helped us from initial stage to final. While paying attention to our specification.
We appreciate the hard work and effort put in by the Rivergum team to help get our dream house.
Best Wishes to Rivergum Homes.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Hardeep Thank you for you wonderful review, we are so pleased that you are so happy with your dream home and thank you for your kind words for our team. We wish you and your family every happi... read more »

Very Happy with end Result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

We are very happy with the final product and the home is everything we had hoped for.
The initial process of home selection was very positive as RGH were very open to our design requirements and believe we worked well together to finalise the design that best suited us and our block.
The design phase did have some issues and was very long and frustrating, however RGH did respond and once again believe we worked well together to achieve a positive result that met council requirements.
Once we reached the build phase the communication increased and also our confidence.
We do believe that RGH are probably operating at their maximum capacity and their staff are working extremely hard to meet their commitments.
There were some issues along the way but the end result is that we have our home built to the standard we required with the extras we planned and the final product is just amazing.
RGH were also very flexible with our wishes and must give them credit for being open to our requirements
We would like to thank Richard from certification and Chanel from customer service for their very professional and friendly service, but would like to acknowledge Nathan Willmott the build Supervisor for his dedication and hard work throughout the build and his assistance as the completion of the build approached.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

HI Peter Thank you very much for your 5 star review. We really appreciate your honest feedback and kind words for Richard, Chanel and Nathan. It's pleasing that despite a few hurdles you are so ... read more »

Adelaide

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Our dream house realised!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Having built before, we were thrilled that our build with Rivergum was extremely smooth. Helen the sales consultant was amazing. We told her what we were looking for in a home and some of the changes she suggested us to make to the design are features in the home that we fall in love with every day! The support staff were excellent, they followed up at each stage an genuinely cared about us and the process. Our site supervisor was an absolute star. Tom was onto everything as it happened, rectified any issues really quickly and followed up after we got our keys with anything that needed completing! We have already recommended Rivergum to a close friend!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Heidi What a great review, thank you so much! It is wonderful to read such fabulous feedback and Helen and Tom are especially pleased with the special mentions. We are very appreciative that ... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Bad experience from the start

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

- Workmanship on some areas were good and some shoddy
- Initially was given wrong information that our stone benchtop of 3.5m will be one piece and later during selection been told maximum length is 3m
- Was told we can do our own data cabling as it was not electrical but told otherwise during selection and in the end not able to do it at all until handover
- Had miserable time with the selection person as the person was very incompetent. Had to check her work many times as the selection changes were always incorrect even after explaining and giving point by point information
- Mistakes on the frame which needed reinforce bracket and concrete extension on foundation
- Wall insulation was not put in until I noticed and wall had to be ripped out to be re-done
- Bad plumbing and cabinetry (plumbing pipe in the centre of cabinet divider so they had to cut the shape of the pipe to fit it in - supervisor said they can't rip the cabinet out anymore but I don't really think that should be my problem is a mistake was done by their trades people) and another was putting pipe on top of laundry benchtop when washing machine space was below benchtop. Had to tell the builder of all the mistakes as no one spotted it
- Most doors were left sitting on the ground so bottom of the door all damaged
- Most doors sitting on different heights and some the gap was so big that normal door seal can't seal the gap
- Had water leaking in through my range hood for many days because the flue was not sealed properly
- Front of garage gutter slope the wrong way and water pooling throughout the gutter and water splashing into garage ceiling with water stain
- Any follow up has to be done ourselves as RG will not respond quickly and maintenance list given on 21 June and now it is 26 September, and still a few issues have not been fixed.

I guess most builder would have some issues but this is our first experience and it turned out very bad. Service is very bad with this builder and most things will take multiple follow ups to get a response so anyone who wants to build with RG just be aware and do more research. Good luck!!
Have many more issues but you get the gist of the issues we experience from the list.

Some good
- Painting was done very well
- Flooring installers said the concrete slab was good and even
- Laminex cabinets done very well

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hello Ming We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to ensure that we resolve this with you. We have tried calling today and will now send a private message for you to contac... read more »

23 October now and still waiting for things to be completed. Hopefully this will be over soon as pretty tired from following up with issues. Too bad we can't post photos of all the issues. It would be easier to see than explained.

Appreciate all the help from the customer care team in following up on the issues and happy to say, issues have been resolved on 27th October.

1 of 9 pages

Has anyone had to go into a complaint resolution process?

Ktt asked on Jun 14, 2016

Hello Ktt,

Please contact me either on 1800 697 483 or email customerservice@rivergumhomes.com.au to discuss your concerns and the complaint resolution process.

Danielle Dunstan
Customer Service Manager

Have you managed to gain any sort of compensation for all your issues from them? I also have had the worst experience with them and have been in my house almost a year now and still experiencing roof leaks leading to repainting etc and can't believe they have not offered any sort of compensation for all of the growing list of issues.

i am still waiting for a response from RG on my home and been told i may need to engage a engineer and legal team

Do you build in Sydney? Our land is in Oatley in Sydney. We want a cottage sunrise look, single or double storey with 3 bedrooms, study. Land is about 10m in width and about 14metres in length.

Peti babic asked on Apr 14, 2016

Hello Peti Babic

We are not currently building in Sydney. We appreciate your enquiry and wish you the best with building your home. Kind regards, Rivergum Homes

Hi All, We are planning to build our first home (Land total 459SM, 15SM width) and looking for builder with no surprise coast! We want 3 bedroom house with double garage and study. We are renting at the moment so looking for guaranteed build time as well. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Ash_B asked on Jan 31, 2016

Answer this

hi, we are at this moment building with Rivergum..you can read our review. ask any builder who supply kitchen, bathroom etc...go and have a look in there shop and compare what u see in selection rooms...you can always update, push any of them to present paperwork to council, check each and every pc of paper 2x before you sign. now we have 3/4 of the house ready and are happy with speed /building start 23/12/2015/ and quality up to now. We have had toss between Sarah and Rivergum...visit many friends who build with both of them...Rivergum was for us. Always keep in mind that the price of the house + 30-60 thousand.....with all selections or kitchen update, bathroom update etc. Take some good friend with a good taste to help you choosing interior design...you can move inside walls to your requirement in Rivergum for free.

Most important..some people say Rivergum, Sarah are budget homes...up to you what u select...we don't have that feeling...knowing people who build so call upmarket...it is cost of the land pushing the price up, it is your selection how to build kitchen and bathroom...and until now there is no problem at all, house looking million dollars to us. Good luck

Like the person above said DONT BUILD WITH RIVERGUM! We signed with them and it took nearly a year before they did anything even though we came in with planning approval, plans, engineering reports etc. when they did get started they nearly stuffed up the integrity of the slab. It was only because we employed our own building inspector to try to keep them honest that this was picked up and rectified. An electrical issue that was planned for and paid for in which it had to be put under and through the slab was not done at all and we have been lied to constantly and had to chase them on every detail. They simply don't care. This process has been frustrating, with no adequate, if any, communication from Rivergum. They pay no attention to detail or timing and treat their customers like rubbish. We are living in dread of what will go wrong next. Save yourself a lot of grief and find a builder who demonstrates some integrity and quality in their builds. Rivergum are a disgraceful nightmare from our experience!

See all 6 questions about Rivergum Homes