Very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

•very good, couldn't have asked for a better build, very detailed and havernt had to call them back to fix anything yet.
•perfect always keeping me informed with the build weather it was builders couldn't come in on the day they would let me know.
•perfect especially for a first home owner it's hard to no what the processes are through out the build and they helped me throughout the process

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Mick,

Thanks so much for your five star review and great comments. We were very happy to join you in your building journey and hope you enjoy living in your brand new home for a very long time.

kind regards
Rivergum Customer Care Team

Adelaide

• 1 review

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Who says "you can't always get what you want"?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

We had specifically in mind what we wanted to build. 4 x bedrooms, 2 x living areas, large double garage 8m long, massive walk in wardrobe, nice kitchen, walk in pantry, timber floors, 60mm stone bench tops, large en-suite..etc etc etc.

We tried other builders for quotes on what we wanted, some wouldn't build our design, some weren't too interested and some were but at a hefty price.... From the moment we stepped into the Rivergum display home we knew we were on to a winner. The salesman was easy to deal with and despite us visiting the dis
play home multiple times, asking lots of questions and changing ideas lots of times, he was still happy to see us. Big tick for the salesman and the willingness to let you change things easily at quote stage.. And NO big extra footings costs.. I think we actually got a reduction on the footings cost... This is where lots of other builders sting you.

The price was very competitive compared to the other builders that did actually give us a quote. Another big tick.

Colour selection was not as simple as I thought... Too much choice!!! We did get there in the end and upgrades were reasonably priced.

Building starts.. From slab down to handover for us was 18 weeks to the day as agreed in our contract. Nathan Wilmot the site supervisor was all over the build like a rash and kept in touch regularly, always answered queries and never ignored a phone call "does he get paid to work at 8pm at night". The building process flowed with trades following on from each other like a well orchestrated symphony. Through some miscommunication between departments a slight little hiccup with our kitchen was resolved without the fight you would get from other builders....

We were lucky enough to live nearby so could see everything happening each day we passed by the house. All the tradies we met were courteous and happy to answer any questions we had. I want to put out a special thanks to the tilers on the job, they were top class tilers who took their job very seriously, even calling me up to ask me to confirm that what they were doing is exactly what I wanted. They done an amazing job...

We have minimal issues after handover and i have 100% confidence that the ones that we do have will be resolved as promised.

Would I build with Rivergum Homes again??? Hell Yeah... This is the 3rd house I have built and I would not hesitate to build with them again, best building experience so far...

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Thanks Willie for the great feedback, we loved hearing your story. We are so pleased you got what you wanted and that we could help you with the details along the way. Thanks for building with us, ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

A Special Riverside Retreat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Our shack on the river is fantastic. Our location is somewhat remote, but this wasn't a problem at all for Rivergum Homes and they didn't add silly extras cost because of this. The shack design grew from a little 2 bedroom hideaway to a 4 bedroom palace and we were so impressed with the design assistance during that expansion process. We really liked the selection process, because we were able to do all selections in one day at one location and confirm the cost there and then. Wow. They took care of everything including the floor coverings and air conditioning, which was great because those are the things that can take forever to do after handover, especially when the house is in a remote location. We like the raked ceiling that we added to our design for a small additional cost, plus the solid glass window splash back in the kitchen. The quality of the build and materials used cannot be faulted. Our front deck overlooking the river is awesome and again the materials used were top notch. The customer support throughout the entire process was great. Finally, once the build started they really focused on completing the job as quickly as possible. We had regular updates of the build progress and they sent us plenty of photos to prove it. All in all, a great builder of quality homes at an affordable price. Well done.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Pete your shack sounds like a beautiful place to be. It is lovely to read the details of your exciting journey with us and how the little things made all the difference. Wishing you all the best as... read more »

Easy to work with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

The workmanship and quality of the build was very good. Any minor problem we encountered was quickly fixed too my satisfaction.
Jared Amber was my supervisor. He was great to work with and kept good communication with me throughout the build.
Overall Rivergum Homes provides a good price home for good quality.
I would recommend to family and friends to build with Rivergum Homes

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Jordan Tilley, thanks so much for letting us know how happy you are with your Rivergum home and the service you received. Rivergum are pleased to be able to offer great quality homes for a great... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Fantastic quality home but lack of communication

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Workmanship and quality of home build and finishes was fantastic!! Minimal maintenance required 3 months post handover. Site supervisor Justin Rowe was excellent and really impressed us with his organisation. Customer service and support was great too. Only downside was the lack of communication between departments. We wanted steel frames and as far as we knew, that's what we were getting as we discussed this with the sales rep. However this wasn't recorded and we only found out that we weren't having steel because I saw the timber delivered on site. Also, we wanted the large feature front door (2400mm height, 1200mm wide) however at the time of selections, it was not picked up on that our ceiling height was 2400 and therefore we could t have a 2400mm height. We were very disappointed with this as the front door was meant to be a feature. We also had issues with the trades using the neighbours gate when we had advised that our gate was accessible. While these issues were quite frustrating, the positives of the total experience outweigh the negatives and if we ever build again, I would still consider Rivergum homes.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Chrissie, thanks for your lovely review, we are happy to hear that you were wowed by our service and quality of workmanship. Your feedback is valuable to us and we do appreciate all your comment... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Very happy overall

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Pretty happy with the build overall. A few issues that arose throughout the build - some handled quickly, some took a little longer.
As first time builders it would be handy to know what isn't and what is included in the build.
Only fault that we have would be the brick, we weren't aware that it was a painted brick until the brickies started. Unfortunately the colour does fleck off and the colour underneath is quite noticeable ( bright red ). So eventually we may need to render the house.
Now we are looking forward to moving in and enjoying our home!!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Thanks Ali for your review, we appreciate hearing how happy you are with your build. We are always looking to improve so thank you for your suggestions. Wishing you many happy memories in your new ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Our first time building and couldn't be happier with our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

The workmanship and quality of our Rivergum Homes house build was fantastic and all aspects of the build were completed within excellent time frames. Management of our build by Justin Rowe was exceptional with attention to detail, organisation and high standards. We're so pleased to have had the opportunity to build our house with Justin as our Site Supervisor and couldn't recommend him enough! During our build, it was always easy to make contact with customer service and support and any queries were always dealt with professionally and quickly.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Trish

Thank you so much for your great 5 star review. We are so pleased with your feedback and Justin was chuffed that you are so happy. We wish you all the very best.

Belated thank you

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

A belated thank you to Rivergum Homes building supervisor Jason M who did a fantastic job building my house in Lightsview. I understand that this is a very challenging location to build in and no issue seemed too much trouble for Jason to tackle. Also a thank you to construction manager Ian W for his contribution.

A job well done.

Thank you.
Ray F

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Ray F

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. We really appreciate it and wish you many years of happiness in your new home in Lightsview.

Rivergum Customer Care Team

Happy new home owners!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Like with any build, there were plenty of hiccups along the way however from our perspective it's how the builder responds to dealing with those hiccups that is most important. Rivergum managed issues that we raised along the way and resolved matters in a timely manner. Their level of customer service was great - thank you!!

Our experience was pretty cruisey nonetheless. From the very beginning our sales consultant was the only one out of the other builders we approached who took the time and initiative to go to our block and take some phot
os. We didn't even know the house had been demolished and ready for sub-division until our consultant told us.

Selections was hard but fun! The pavilion is amazing plus Mette was great and helpful with ideas and suggestions to consider.

Being first time builders, we learnt a few things along the way:

1. Go through the plans with a fine tooth comb;

2. Don't be afraid to ask questions (even the silly ones);

3. Take photos/cut outs of inspiration with you to selections so you can make sure your "vision/ideas" and your selections consultant are on the same page; and

4. Keep all correspondence (i.e. emails, paperwork etc) because it helps you track what was discussed/arranged a year ago! You'll be surprised how quick one year will go from signing contract to having your house built!

The build itself was pretty quick (approx. 18 weeks) which we were happy about! The finished product is amazing and we couldn't be happier. Although a few minor issues experienced along the way, our site supervisor, Nathan Willmott, was always available, happy to help and ultimately resolved issues as and when they arose. He went above and beyond to help make everything come together nicely at the end. We can't thank Nathan enough for all his help.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Mr and Mrs Fisher Thank you so much for your fantastic 5 star review. We appreciate your feedback and the value that it will provide to readers of this review. We are really happy with your l... read more »

Love my new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

My new Rivergum home is everything i was hoping for! The attention to detail by the trades was fantastic and their ability to take my comments and suggestions on board throughout the build was great. I'm a perfectionist and all involved took this on board and rose to the challenge. My site supervisor was very responsive, proactive and showed a great deal of patience and professionalism throughout our time working together. My customer service co-ordinator in the office was very helpful and the knowledge and expertise of the selections staff all cumulated in a result that is exactly as i pictured.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Kirsten

Thank you for taking the time to post your great 5 star review. We are very happy that you were so pleased with the trades and our team and that you love your new home.

Oaklandspark

five star

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

It was really a good experience building with Rivergum Homes and was stress free. I rang the sales consultant David Bigg to find out whether he can design trapezium shaped land. without any hesitation he designed a house to suit for that land.Lot of Builders won't do it. But I couldn't secure that land. I went back to him again after I bought another property. He designed a really good house for me again. Fixed the footing cost after the soil test and engineering report. I haven't paid any extra money for variations after I signed the final co ntract. Very friendly customer care and the supervisor Nathan Wilmot was very supportive and ready to answer any questions and did a good job during the building process even after the completion of the work.
I will choose Rigergum Homes again in future if I need to build another house.
Thank You Rivergum Homes especially David Bigg, Nathan Wilmot and all customer care team.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Gregory Thank you for your great 5 star review. David and Nathan, along with all of us at Rivergum were so pleased to read your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back when next you ... read more »

Custom Design Home Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

The Rivergum sales member presented very well at the display home site we visited and worked with us very closely on design and selection options and was very flexible in providing multiple quoted options as we established our build and prioritised features to our budget. Assistance in getting the design correct and initial selections was very easy and included a lot of detail which separated Rivergum out and above other home builders who were mostly unwilling/not confident to work on custom home projects.

The build itself was very well mana
ged by the site supervisor who was able to understand what was important to us and worked very hard to ensure the quality and finishes we desired to achieve in our design came to fruition. The site manager communicated very well throughout the whole build process and ensured we had lots of opportunity looks over each stage during the build at site meetings which made us comfortable throughout the whole process. We are absolutely wrapped with our finished home.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Paul Thanks so much for your fabulous review! We really appreciate your comments and feedback and are so happy that you love your new home. We wish you and your family many years of enjoymen... read more »

Streamline Efficient and Courteous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

We found the process of building through Rivergum Homes to be very streamline. After our final design was done and costed the whole process was so smooth we almost could not believe it. Every query answered promptly and courteously,any issues dealt with quickly and to our satisfaction. Building Supervisor Tom and admin Penny were both exceptional with Penny following up every ever question we had without delay. Tom our building supervisor was always on the ball and worked with us every step of the way again in efficient, prompt and courteous way.
The final product was a beautiful home at a very reasonable cost.
We highly recommend Rivergum Homes and will have no hesitation in building with them again.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Brady and Mim Thank you so much for your great review. Tom and Penny are especially pleased with your kind words. We are very happy to have provided you with a home that you love and very muc... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Beautiful large house with high end finishes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

We signed up with Rivergum last year because our architect fell through. We were extremely surprised in the initial stages by just how easy it was to customise our design to what our family needed and quickly changed the design completely to fit in an extra bedroom and get the north rear living room I had dreamed of.

We had a couple of issues at selections where our 'vision' for certain things weren't interpreted properly; the only thing about the house that I'm upset by is the kitchen window which was supposed to start at bench height so I
could watch the kids play outside. It was in the plans as it is currently built, but being first time builders (after a lengthy Reno in the past), we didn't pick it up.

Another frustration at this stage was the amendments to the contract. To understand exactly what we were signing up for, we needed to read about 3 documents. A summary of selections would have been awesome.

After lengthy planning, we started pretty much on time and were finished in about 5 months (with Christmas squeezed in too). The speed of construction was incredible and the quality of work was excellent.

The finished product is stunning. We selected high end finishes including cornice, skirting, double glazing, underfloor heating, higher ceilings and a luxury kitchen (two ovens AND stone benches!!!). The cost was comparable to a renovation half the size of the house we built. What a bargain!

After care has been great. The few little issues we had were dealt with quickly and without argument. I had been worried that once all the money had been handed over the service would stop; I was wrong.

So in summary, Rivergum was awesome. My advice to anyone thinking about building or renovating:

1. Don't renovate you goose, it will cost you more and you'll end up with a cold house, not enough storage and not quite the right layout. You can build those nice old style features like cornice. Renovation; don't do it.

2. Plan what you want and bring your vision to selections. Ask and ask again to make sure your vision is reflected in the plan. Expect this to take a long time if you have a complicated plan.

3. Once you have your plan, make sure you are happy with it and don't go changing it unless you really have to. It will cause delays and probably cost you money. Get point 2 right first time.

4. Watch your house fly up by simply handing over some money (not for you renovating suckers!)

5. Enjoy the lovely house that has been built just for you!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Tara Thank you so much for your wonderful and comprehensive 5 star review. We are so appreciative of your comments and feedback and will take your improvement comments on board. What a great ... read more »

Wonderful 2 storey home built on Budget - no random claims - love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Always a few issues but post keys/handover now and they are still being cheerfully and promptly fixed,
The relationship t the people allocated is important: Nathan and Alison were caring and efficient: and accessible.
Scheduling always a headache on Rivergum side of the fence: but we were always told the position.
You need to have a buffer for delays - in our case some steel issue and 2 goes at DA Approval.
Love the house and workmanship.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Strop Thank you very much for your 5 star review. We appreciate your comments on how important our people are, we couldn't agree more. We will also use your feedback to strive to improve furt... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Fleurieu with a view

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

As a first time home builder I found Marcus Watts from sales very helpful and together we made my dream a reality that I am now living! The team at head office were helpful and patient and any queries during the build were answered promptly, thanks Ann Hughes. Graham Rowland my site supervisor was very knowledgeable and answered my many questions. Any problems no matter how small were addressed and I would happily recommend Rivergum Homes to anyone looking to build a home. Looking forward to the next one guys!!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi NotyaaverageJo Thanks so much for your great review and the special mentions for Marcus, Ann and Graham, we really appreciate it. We are really pleased that you are so happy with your new home... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

The perfect first home for us

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Building with Rivergum was the best decision we made. From the start, everyone we spoke to and deal with has been welcoming and went above and beyond to help us.
Having one contact person made it very easy for every single question of ours to get answered. Whether it be via phone or email, we had a response within 24hours every time.
Being our first home and our first time to build, we were expecting problems through the whole process and for the possibility that some people may not take us seriously. This was not the case! from the day the
y scraped out land till the day of handover, not only our customer service rep Chanel but also our site supervisor Nathan took us seriously, explained everything along the way and showed us things that they had picked up on (which we wouldn't have known to look for). Knowing we had this support made the whole process so much easier and less stressful for both of us.
Our site supervisor Nathan was beyond amazing. He was helpful, supportive and an all round great bloke. He answered all or questions and showed us things as stuff got done through the build. If something wasn't done correctly, it was being corrected within days though the build. We couldn't have asked for a better site supervisor. He manages all the tradies in a great way and is a very approachable person.
Once the house was built and we had handover, we were extremely happy with the workmanship and quality of things through the house.

Overall, the support form Rivergum's team and their quality of build is amazing and are most definitely worth the money!!

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Jemma We really appreciate your fantastic review, thank you so much. Chanel and Nathan were chuffed to read the feedback and your review has been passed on to all at Rivergum. We wish you e... read more »

Adelaide

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2014

3 years later and still having issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Took a long time to get my build underway. Rivergum put my build on hold to get the house next door completed first, even though they signed up over a month after me.
Had a water leak and mould between the levels in my living area, had to get it fixed 3 times.
The balcony has been tiled wrong and floods, then runs down the front and has cracked it but cannot get rivergum to fix it. Despite having advised them since handover and following up.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hello Caito

We're very sorry that there are issues that you have been trying to resolve. We will send you a message to arrange to resolve.

Rivergum Homes Customer Care Team

Still waiting. Had someone come out to look 22/6, then heard nothing. Was advised this would be fixed, again heard nothing. Then received a call 12/7 wanting to come look again, then next morning, ... read more »

Barabba

• 1 review

Our new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

We are exceptionally happy with the final result. We did have some hiccups along the way, Rivergum were very good in resolving these issues for us. When speaking to Rivergum direct, I found them really great people to deal with, we have since moved into our new beautiful home and we are extremely happy and love our very own design from the Silky.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Jodee Thank you so much for your review and the feedback, we really appreciate it. We're so pleased you love the special touches to the Silky and wish you and your family many years of enjoyme... read more »

The amount of people who love our country version of the Silky is quiet good! Perhaps a marketed version called the Barabba could be on the cards

Our First Perfect Home - A Positive Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

We were very fortunate to meet Kunal at the Lightsview Display homes. He took the time to explain the building process, which was comforting as it was our first time building a home. Kunal answered all our queries and gave great advices to improve the functionality and look of the house.
Thank you to the team at the Pavilion who made our selections a smooth and easy process by guiding and advicing us at every step. Thanks to Chanel who answered all our emails and phone calls very patiently and promptly.
A big thanks to our site supervisor, Na
than, who has been very helpful throughout the building process. Nathan made sure that work was done in a timely manner, he also made sure if we had any concerns regarding the quality of work, he would get back to us and get any problems I had sorted out quickly and efficiently. We are very happy with the final result and would recommend Rivergum Homes to anyone who is looking at building.

Thanks Rivergum Team.

Comments
Rivergum Homes Official

Hi Raj Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review! We are so pleased that you are happy with your lovely new home. The feedback for those who were involved in your build is fantastic - they wer... read more »

1 of 8 pages

Has anyone had to go into a complaint resolution process?

Ktt asked on Jun 14, 2016

Hello Ktt,

Please contact me either on 1800 697 483 or email [email protected] to discuss your concerns and the complaint resolution process.

Danielle Dunstan
Customer Service Manager

Have you managed to gain any sort of compensation for all your issues from them? I also have had the worst experience with them and have been in my house almost a year now and still experiencing roof leaks leading to repainting etc and can't believe they have not offered any sort of compensation for all of the growing list of issues.

i am still waiting for a response from RG on my home and been told i may need to engage a engineer and legal team

Do you build in Sydney? Our land is in Oatley in Sydney. We want a cottage sunrise look, single or double storey with 3 bedrooms, study. Land is about 10m in width and about 14metres in length.

Peti babic asked on Apr 14, 2016

Hello Peti Babic

We are not currently building in Sydney. We appreciate your enquiry and wish you the best with building your home. Kind regards, Rivergum Homes

Hi All, We are planning to build our first home (Land total 459SM, 15SM width) and looking for builder with no surprise coast! We want 3 bedroom house with double garage and study. We are renting at the moment so looking for guaranteed build time as well. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Ash_B asked on Jan 31, 2016

Answer this

hi, we are at this moment building with Rivergum..you can read our review. ask any builder who supply kitchen, bathroom etc...go and have a look in there shop and compare what u see in selection rooms...you can always update, push any of them to present paperwork to council, check each and every pc of paper 2x before you sign. now we have 3/4 of the house ready and are happy with speed /building start 23/12/2015/ and quality up to now. We have had toss between Sarah and Rivergum...visit many friends who build with both of them...Rivergum was for us. Always keep in mind that the price of the house + 30-60 thousand.....with all selections or kitchen update, bathroom update etc. Take some good friend with a good taste to help you choosing interior design...you can move inside walls to your requirement in Rivergum for free.

Most important..some people say Rivergum, Sarah are budget homes...up to you what u select...we don't have that feeling...knowing people who build so call upmarket...it is cost of the land pushing the price up, it is your selection how to build kitchen and bathroom...and until now there is no problem at all, house looking million dollars to us. Good luck

Like the person above said DONT BUILD WITH RIVERGUM! We signed with them and it took nearly a year before they did anything even though we came in with planning approval, plans, engineering reports etc. when they did get started they nearly stuffed up the integrity of the slab. It was only because we employed our own building inspector to try to keep them honest that this was picked up and rectified. An electrical issue that was planned for and paid for in which it had to be put under and through the slab was not done at all and we have been lied to constantly and had to chase them on every detail. They simply don't care. This process has been frustrating, with no adequate, if any, communication from Rivergum. They pay no attention to detail or timing and treat their customers like rubbish. We are living in dread of what will go wrong next. Save yourself a lot of grief and find a builder who demonstrates some integrity and quality in their builds. Rivergum are a disgraceful nightmare from our experience!

See all 6 questions about Rivergum Homes