Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers Questions & Answers

WTW87565AU, WTW87564AU, WTW87566AU

85 questions from our users

Stephen A.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

I have a new WTW87564AU dryer. I have connected the condensation hose as instructed but condensation water continues to collect in the container. The hose supplied runs into a drainage spigot same as the washing machine. The spigot is located about 1.5m from the dryer and is about 700mm off the ground but the hose is routed to a height of 900mm as per instructions. What am I doing wrong?

Lachy441
Lachy441

Water will still collect up the top container. From my experience When the machine drains water from the top container (usually towards the end of the cycle) for the “self clean” it then pumps the water back out the drain hose. I wouldn’t worry about it as it’s hard to say when it’ll pump out the hose depending on how much condensation is built up. The machine will beep if ever the hose is blocked, it can’t pump out the water or if the top container is full (when drain hose isn’t fitted) so it will take a few loads before there is enough water in the system to pump out. Hope this helps :)

Stephen A.

Thanks for that. It does seem to collect a full container more frequently than I had hoped but I'll keep an eye on it in light of your advice.

Samasked

Serie 8 WTW87566AU

If my dryer is stacked on top of a washing machine and I connect the dryer to the drain under my sink, then do I still need to lift the hose 80cm from the outlet? When I called Bosch then they said I should, but I had to use an extension hose in order to raise it 80cm and then lower it down under my sink, so I'm worried the pump won't be strong enough. I can see some water is making it into the drain through the hose, but I want to make sure I'm not damaging it.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your question.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11007 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Chris' mum

Chris' mumasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

USELESS! Doesn't dry clothes, regardless of the setting. I clean the lint filter after each load and empty the water tray but to no avail. I feel so cheated. My old Kleenmaid (too big for the cupboard that passes as a laundry in our new house) was a workhorse - dried huge loads quickly. This Bosch dryer is a waste of space. In all conscience I couldn't pass it on to anyone else ... it's going to the tip!

Hi Chris Mum,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10979 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Dianne E.

Dianne E.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer is not drying clothes. Condensation and lint is lining the rubber seal around inside of the door. I have tried to troubleshoot but I’m out tricks. Any ideas?

Hi Dianne E,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10971 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Samasked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

How can I connect the drain hose to the siphon/spigot under my laundry sink? The drain hose is only 10mm whereas the siphon is 15mm with a flange on the end. I've tried calling Bosch, Reece Plumbing, Bunnings, and retailers, and no-one knew how to connect it.

On the phone, Bosch told me that the hose is European style, whereas I am in Australia.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dryer.
To answer your question we would require your model details. . In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online. If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10906 in the subject line. We’ll investigate further for you. Kind Regards Bosch Home Australia.

Archie C.

Archie C.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

When the program finish, the dryer keeps running with beeping sound until you manually turn it off. Just had if for few weeks. Is it normal?

Hi Archie C,
Thanks for your question. regarding your Bosch Dryer.
What you are describing is the end signal. Use the 'End Signal' button to activate or deactivate the audible signal that sounds to indicate that the program has ended. If the setting has been selected, the button's indicator
light will be lit and the signal tone is activated.

Sandy

Sandyasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

What’s the down setting for ?

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dryer. The down setting is for clothing, pillows, bedspreads or eiderdowns filled with down.

Curious

Curiousasked

Serie 8 WTW87566AU

Is the Bosch Serie 8 WTW87566AU manufactured in Germany?

Hi Curious,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch WTW87566AU Dryer.
This model is manufactured in Poland.

Elena

Elenaasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer has been perfect for the past 3 years. Now seems after every load the water symbol comes on (even though the storage container is not completely full!). At times it does even dry the clothes just issues the alarm that the water unit is full. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi Elena,
Thanks for the question. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 and select option 2. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you.

Peter C.

Peter C.asked

Serie 8 WTW87564AU

We have installed the drain hose through the siphon as per instructions in the manual. Even though there is water that drains through the siphon, there is always some water in the condensation tray after each cycle. Shouldn't the condensation tray be completely empty if it's drained through the connected hose?

Hi Peter C,
Thanks for your question, regarding your Bosch dryer. If the optional drain hose is installed, residual water remains in the condensation container due to the appliance's self-cleaning function. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

JCruzasked

Serie 8 WTW87566AU

Hi I have read the manual book and followed instructions, no water is draining out from the hose, I am aware some water will be in the condenser container but no water is draining out from the hose?

Hi JCruz,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WTW87566AU.
Have you removed the small plug in the condenser draw as this could be the issue. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

JCruz

Yes I have removed the small black plug and have also removed the filter as instructed

Hi JCruz,
Please check to see that you've changed the hoses on the rear over so that the black hose goes onto the stopper and supplied hose on the outlet. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Melanie L.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer has stopped drying. Nightmare. On for over 3 hours and clothes still damp..... it doesn’t seem to be getting warm. Any ideas?

Mike
Mike

I have the same model and problem. Still in warranty therefore exchanging for WTW87564AU.

Did they say how to rectify it. I’ve had mine 4 Years

Hi Melanie L,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Liza

Lizaasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, I have a Bosch Washing machine Series 8- WAW 28460AU model number and would like to know if the Bosch heat pumper dryer Series 8 WTW 87566AU will be able to be stacked on top. If so, do I need any stacking shelves, or can I just stack on top?
Many thanks!

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Liza, Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch Dryer WTW87565AU.
You can absolutely stack this dryer on top of your Bosch Series 8 Washing machine. However we would defiantly recommend that you purchase a stacking shelf if you would like your dryer to sit on top the washer safely, as this will help prevent them from moving or falling. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Kaz A.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The water drain nozzle will not turn to the left . It seems jammed . Is there some trick I’m missing - have watched all the videos and the turning of the nozzle looks easy?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Kaz A., unfortunately no trick. You are correct it should be fairy easy to turn. You may need to have an authorised service agent come out and take a look. If you would like to speak to someone please call us on 1300 369 744, Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Kaz A.

Thanks - had nice had a tech out . Nice big Allen key stuck in the thingy and pump now gone :(

M Hartley

M Hartleyasked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

HI, Do Bosch Series 8 clothes dryers rotate both ways. model number( wtw87564au )

Kristieasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I have had my dryer for not even a day n it’s already not working .. I’ve literally just watched it .. any drying cycle. I put it on runs for 3 minutes n then the timer goes to 1 minute.. why is it doing this after 1 day .. can I get a refund .. we have 8 people in our home n we can’t afford to not have a dryer in this weather

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Kristie, Thank you for your question. Could you please call us on 1300 369 744 (Monday - Friday 7am - 12am AEST ), we would be happy to discuss this with you. Kind regards Bosch Home Appliances.

Will do thankyou

Stewart A
Stewart A

Did you find out what was causing this issue? i seem to have the same problem, however i just bought mine and am just using a single towel to test. I'm wondering if I need to add more clothes and that the dryer thinks there's nothing inside or it's done drying?

Paul B.

Paul B.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

How do you change your dryness level on this dryer in specific steps please? In fact how do you change anything using the rectangle tabs to the right of the settings dial. I push buttons and nothing happens. Thanks

Hi Paul B.,
Thank you for your question. To increase the dryness level, set the degree of dryness to between 1 sun symbol
to 3 sun symbol found on the display (please refer to image on page 21, to show the image of the sun symbol that appears on your display) . This will extend the program duration but the temperature will remain the same. Once you have adjusted the degree of dryness for a program, this setting will be retained for the program even after the appliance has been switched off. This information can be found in the user manual page 21-24 . If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Sam

Some other users were saying you have to remove the sticker from the button panel

Robert S

Robert Sasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Does the hose draining into the sink have to 80cm up or can it drain directly into the sink? My dryer sits on top of my washing machine.

Christine

Christineasked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

My new Bosch heat pump dryer did not collect any water after drying sheets etc. Is that normal??

Hi Christine,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch dryer.
If the washing machine spins the items really well the left over moisture evaporating during the drying cycle is not uncommon.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Kaye T.

Kaye T.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Can someone explain the differences between the dryers ending with 64au, 65au and 66au?

Hi Kaye T.
Thank you for your question. Did you know you can do an online comparison through our website.
Please use the link to view the 3 models differences :
Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives