Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers Questions & Answers

102 questions from our users

Melissa S.

Melissa S.asked

Serie 8 WTW87564AU

Hi, can this dryer be stacked onto the 9kg front loader WAP28482AU using the stacking kit with shelf WTZ11400? Thank you.

Hi Melissa S.,
Thanks for the question regarding the dryer. The answer is yes, you can use our stacking kit WTZ11400 for this. The staking kit needs to be comparable with the dryer not the washing machine, and our WTW87564AU is.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Jeremy B.

Jeremy B.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Hi. I hooked my Serie 8 dryer to drain directly to the drain. I followed all the steps including removing the small black rubber stopper, but after two towel loads, there was water in the condention container. Is this normal?
Thanks.

Hannan B.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi i have a bosche professional heat pump tumble dryer connected to the drain. We just noticed that the condenser water container if full of water but there is no sign that we need to empty the water out if this normal? Or should that container be completely empty? We have noticed that the laundry room does fill with condensation which we thought the dryer shouldnt do? Thanks

not happy Jan
not happy Jan

Sorry, can't help you..as I'm a victim who's been ripped off with this same machine. I don't know why this has come through my email. This dryer would have to be the worst machine ever made. Good luck with bosch technical help too.
As they have no care about your issues. They will take your money, then after that your on your own. Worst bunch of people I've ever dealt with—bloody thieves.

stl
stl

I have a WTW87566 model - very similar. We connected it to the drain but first time I used it, it did not drain - all the water stayed in the water container. So I emptied the water container. Next time I used it - same thing. I did some research and found this is normal and I should not empty the water container if the drain hose is properly connected (make sure water container is modified - filter moved and black plug removed as per instructions. ) - even if there is alot of water in the water container. So I didn't empty it and since then it has started draining the water and the water container now stays empty. Maybe it's some kind of siphon effect that needs the system to be full of water to begin draining properly. I get a little humidity in the room but not a lot of condensation. This may depend on how humid it is where you live?

Hannan B.

Thanks you!! I found the issue i didnt remove the black plug for the water to go through. All good now thanks!!

Kay K

Kay Kasked

Hi,
Looking at purchasing either the WTW87566AU or 64 models, are they both stackable (with additional stacking pack I assume is necessary) and do they both have the pipe to drain the water? I've found conflicting information on stacking, but looks like the pricier "66" model doesn't have the water pipe but the "64" does.

Umar Bin I.

Umar Bin I.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, i have a Bosch Series 8 dryer that normally empties the condensation bucket itself via the drain hose. Just recently it has been stopping after every 5 mins cycle asking me to empty the condensation bucket. Even if the bucket is empty and hose is connected to drain (as always) it’s still stopping after 5 mins.

Melgigz
Melgigz

I had my 3.5 year old ( bought new since Nov 2017) bosch heat pump dryer home professional version which is really a series 8 with added accesories, do this. The pump and its built in sensor ,which is just one part was replaced. The tech said cleaning the pump of lint will not fix it entirely and will reoccur , so he replaced the part. The part and repair comes with one year guarantee. Cost 30 mins of labor, aud$65 part and callout for home service fee here was $99. Total bill was $230, cheaper than buying a new one.

Hi Umar Bin I,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Dryer.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

dion m.
dion m.

This is happening to me as well Umar. Its frustrating beyond relief. Has been functioning just fine for the past year, but now it stops every 5 mins into a cycle asking for emptying of the condensation bucket. Did you end up fixing it?

Markandrew T.

Markandrew T.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

I have bosch dryer wtw87449sn , and cannot disconnect hose and place it in parked position. Is there a method showing how?

gordon p.

gordon p.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I've got the Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump and the water draining tube doesn't fit tight enough into the PVC drain spigot (attaches at 45 degrees to vertical drain pipe). The washer tube fits inside the spigot. I've bought a double spigot pvc pipe for this very reason. The Bosch Serie 8 Washer water drain tube fits perfectly. Why doesn't the Dryer come with the same set up?

I've tried a C-clamp but that doesn't work as the tube and spigot are different sizes?

Might be resorting to duct tape but clearly this must be a common requirement?

Robin S.

Robin S.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

We had error codes E0O and -36. Water had started to collect under the lint filter and now the dryer won’t start. Is this problem repairable?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Robin S., Thank you for your question. E36 generally means there might be an issue with door switch. This is repairable. If you could please contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Marasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, My Bosch Serie 8 WTW87565AU has never worked since we bought it a few years ago, I have tried everything, it just does not dry clothes. As a company you should not be allowed to sell this model.

KRM
KRM

It was suggested to me to make sure the iron button is turned off when drying the clothes. It seems to dry the clothes better I have found.

Mar

I’m currently trying to dry some towels on the towel setting, six hours and still damp.

Hi Mar,

Maria

Maria asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Is it normal for the clothes to take 3.5 hours to dry on the allergy plus or cotton cycle- that seems significantly longer than my previous dryer

Jill D.

Jill D.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The timer to the dryer is set ...but the timer on my dryer might say 26 minutes but when it its 2 to 3 minutes into the drying cycle, the dryer jumps from 26 to say 2 minutes to go. I have tried different cycles ands doing the same thing. I have also unplugged and reset it but the timer is not working. Any advice
Jill de la Landed

Hi Jill D,

Rachel R

Rachel Rasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Ive had my Bosch series 8 heat pump dryer for about 3 months and yesterday it just stopped working altogether > any ideas on what to check

Hi Rachel R,
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer.

Fab

I have the same dryer folks.
Bought it a week ago. It’s doing my head in. No matter what cycle you select it-shuts down after 5 minutes with clothes still wet
Incredibly frustrated considering what I’ve paid for it

Fab

I have the same dryer folks.
Bought it a week ago and it’s doing my head in.
Just won’t dry
No matter what cycle you select it runs for about 5 minutes and just stops.
A great 2k spent!
Not bloody happy

Jodie G.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Will the dryer stop when clothes are dry, or will it just keep going for the whole 3 hour cycle?

Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.

Yes but i have to keep pressing the start button several times during the cycle

Hi Jodie G,
Thanks for the question regarding Bosch Heat Pump Dryers. Our heat pump dryers have AutoDry Sensor Technology, which contains sensors for measuring the temperature and humidity inside the drum to automatically adjust the drying temperature and time without over or under heating
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Thank you!

Steve C

Steve Casked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

We use our dryer intermittently. It is connected to waste but some water remains in the condenser. After a few days this water smells and makes the whole dryer putrid. The water needs to be drained manually after each use, which defeats the purpose of the drain. Pretty poor design. Is there any way to get the dryer to empty the condenser when it is finished?

Hi Steve C,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11383 in the subject line with your contact number & model number. We’ll investigate for you.

Rosie Darlingasked

Serie 8 WTW87566AU

Hi there, considering purchasing this model but wondering how long it takes to dry a load
of towels or queen sized sheets? Thx Rosie

SLC2283
SLC2283

From wet (ie wash and spin cycle)?
About 2.5-3 hrs for about 5-6 towels.
But super energy efficient.

Geoff Muldoon

Geoff Muldoonasked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Clothes not drying still damp even after 2-3 hours of drying time.

Hi Geoff Muldoon,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11213 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

anna

annaasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I have purchased matching series 8 washer and dryer. I have tried so many different settings just to dry the families underwear and socks. Every time they come out damp. I have had to re wash the full load more than once because if there was a delay in me removing from dryer they stunk of wet washing. Im at my wits end. Together with the washer making everything scratchy I feel like I have thrown $3600 down the toilet.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Hi Anna , I appreciate your frustrations and as yet have not had a verbal discussion with Bosch. It appears to be a common problem that Bosch refuses to acknowledge. I used to have an old fashioned dryer that had a simple hot /cold switch that work perfectly... those were the days !

Hi Anna,
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11144 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Narelle
Narelle

I am copying Anna's post as I am having the same issues. I have purchased matching series 8 washer and dryer. I have tried so many different settings just to dry the families underwear and socks. Unless I put them on towels setting and in with the towels they come out damp. I have had to re wash the full load more than once because if there was a delay in me removing from dryer they stunk of wet washing. Im at my wits end. I feel like I have thrown $3600 down the toilet.
It's so frustrating putting sheets in and walking away to cmoe back and it has obviously shut itself off, for no reason and sheets are still as wet as they were when I took them out of the washing machine. It's doing my head in.

Stephen A.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

I have a new WTW87564AU dryer. I have connected the condensation hose as instructed but condensation water continues to collect in the container. The hose supplied runs into a drainage spigot same as the washing machine. The spigot is located about 1.5m from the dryer and is about 700mm off the ground but the hose is routed to a height of 900mm as per instructions. What am I doing wrong?

Lachy441
Lachy441

Water will still collect up the top container. From my experience When the machine drains water from the top container (usually towards the end of the cycle) for the “self clean” it then pumps the water back out the drain hose. I wouldn’t worry about it as it’s hard to say when it’ll pump out the hose depending on how much condensation is built up. The machine will beep if ever the hose is blocked, it can’t pump out the water or if the top container is full (when drain hose isn’t fitted) so it will take a few loads before there is enough water in the system to pump out. Hope this helps :)

Stephen A.

Thanks for that. It does seem to collect a full container more frequently than I had hoped but I'll keep an eye on it in light of your advice.

Sam

Samasked

Serie 8 WTW87566AU

If my dryer is stacked on top of a washing machine and I connect the dryer to the drain under my sink, then do I still need to lift the hose 80cm from the outlet? When I called Bosch then they said I should, but I had to use an extension hose in order to raise it 80cm and then lower it down under my sink, so I'm worried the pump won't be strong enough. I can see some water is making it into the drain through the hose, but I want to make sure I'm not damaging it.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your question.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11007 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Chris' mum

Chris' mumasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

USELESS! Doesn't dry clothes, regardless of the setting. I clean the lint filter after each load and empty the water tray but to no avail. I feel so cheated. My old Kleenmaid (too big for the cupboard that passes as a laundry in our new house) was a workhorse - dried huge loads quickly. This Bosch dryer is a waste of space. In all conscience I couldn't pass it on to anyone else ... it's going to the tip!

Hi Chris Mum,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10979 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Jo H.
Jo H.

Agreed - it certainly doesn’t appear to dry clothes in the way that we may be accustomed to traditionally. Regardless of setting the product always feels cold and I need to put it on an airing rack to warm it up again

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives