3Breville the Fast Slow Go BPR680

Breville the Fast Slow Go BPR680 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:BPR680 and BPR680BSS
3Breville the Fast Slow Go BPR680
Stef

What are the differences between the fast/slow go and pro. Why are there lots of great colors on the go video, but you cant order them

KateA
KateA

Hi Stef, the fast slow pro has more functions eg yoghurt and sous vide, plus a stainless steel bowl instead of the aluminium
I have both models and I only use the fast slow go as a backup
No idea about the colour thing :)

Julie.L

Hi Stef Wondering whether you bought the Go?

The other reply referred to "Pro" when the advice, at least in the first sentence, matched the newest "Go"...

I have had the 'Pro" since about 2015 and had the earlier version fast/slow until I returned it under warranty days later due to lid removal issues!

The 'Pro" has a very sturdy non-stick coated aluminium bowl NOT a shiny SS one. Has knobs that dial the functions & presets. I found the heat up slow and browning inferior. I have since trialled others which i preferred overall for the browning heat power and heat up times. The watt rating is an indicator for this when choosing between models.

Eg. My discontinued Newwave 5-in1, has a SS bowl AND a non-stick coated Aluminium one, but it only has basic cook functions plus "soup" which I use several times/week (after successive soup makers failed over time).

Its non-stick bowl has never burnt the "7 min rice" (and I use it only for that purpose- purpose was to separate strong flavours initially), but the SS bowl is great for saute, eg step 1- Bolognese sauce, and I also use it for soups and cooking dried chickpeas that i also do regularly. (There is NO temperature control on most PC's.)

You can be guided by the brand's manual/guide usually available on line to compare before purchasing.)

I also have a Tefal_Cook4Me+ with onboard recipes and kept it after my trial purchase, as it really taught me how to elec. pressure cook ! However it has a non-stick bowl, Not preferred but IS easier to clean and foolproof, that i use for its fast cook recipes and also for its precise timings for steaming proteins and veg.

(You cant interchange brands for using recipes without (much) tweaking, as they all have different watts and don't usually reveal their time-temp settings so time adjusting becomes trial and error - maybe a put off as it was with me?

After 5+ years the hinge on the Newwave has a crack which will see it out once it interferes with sealing, so I am here at P.Review to see what others think of the Go which i am attracted to for its SS bowl.

However that is contingent on quality SS and whether it burns the bottom as I have now seen from various 8L (largest size) Instant pot users- a definite turn off. I am looking for easy controls, fast heat up to pressure, variable browning, prefer handles and stabilised bowl (ie non spin-around). I think the 8L size seems to have heat control issues so have passed it by now.

PS I am happy to have 2 P.Cookers on go, to prepare different items for same meal and no longer use my very outdated elec.hotplates. I can also use either as a pot for reheating / warming etc.

Re the colours I think its because of USA etc market video? I have seen the "white" version advertised in Aust. very recently. Note that US models are not matched to Australian electrical standards. So best to purchase in Aus only!

Stef

I have the GO and love it. Due to my health my husband is needing to learn to cook and he loves it and tackles meals without fear with our Breville fast/slow Go

Julie.L

mm Stef, Sorry that your health is not so good but very encouraging to learn that the Go is so appreciated by the "new" cook at home, and that great meals are nourishing you!

Nev
Nev

Hi bought the fast slow go and the steam release continually releases small amount of steam. Raised a ticket with Breville with video of concern to find out if this is normal but weeks now without reply. Impossible to get hold of customer service by phone. All my previous pressure cookers never leaked steam from pressure release valve. Used twice and waiting reply before using again

Julie.L

Release of steam is normal with PC's. BUT It is variable depending on amount of total liquid inside.

It maybe more noticeable in this version due to increased heat power and gets to pressure quicker(?) therefore it releases more visibly/audibly (?)

Presuming you have checked the seal is fitted correctly; that the release valve is in correct position and that it is set to seal (not vent) when pressure cooking, I think you have 2 reasonable options. 1. Return to store under warranty - there could be a safety fault issue. OR 2. Use it and learn its patterns - you still have time to experiment under warranty ;)

Neville L.
Neville L.

Julie.L

Doesn't seem that Breville monitor this site. Even if they did it would be to direct you to the "help" desk!

Marg D

Hi, I have just bought this and I'm very excited to use it, but I seem to be having some trouble getting the lid just right. I am trying to cook a stew right now and the lights are all on , obediently, but I am not sure if it is actually working. Please help!

Steph B

Does it come up with an error message at all? You should try pressure cooking 1 cup of tap water. It’s a traditional way of checking the cooker is working as it should. Sometimes the lid does need a little “press down” when coming to temperature to seal completely.
That’s when the little silver pin clicks in to stop the lid from being opened when at pressure

Steph B

Or is it just stew mode you’re trying? Not pressure cooking

Marg D

Hi Steph and thank you. Sorry, I am an idiot, it was a simple answer and I enjoyed my curry very much last night. Thanks for responding!

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives