Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance Questions & Answers

36 questions from our users

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George
George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Laura
Lauraasked

If you're in an accident and the other car has no visible damage, are you not meant to assess the car yourself? I don't pay all this money so you can just trust the other insurer word that's there damage underneath... Ridiculous

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Laura. Thank you for contacting us. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au if you would like us to look into this for you as all claims are based o their own merits. Please supply in the email your full name, date of birth and the address on your policy. Alternatively, chat with us here www.budgetdirect.com.au/contact-us.html. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct.

Bill Foxasked

Before you choose an insurer check their payout ratios not the purchase price. You will be staggered at Budget Directs poor payout ratio.

Supermum
Supermum

Yes that’s a good point - I didn’t know you could check these things. Do you know what the payout ratio is on home and contents with Budget direct ?

Bill Fox

13 approved 25 rejected . I changed after refusal for legit claim to Australian Seniors 15 approved 1 refused as an example. See figures bottom right corner under each review

Chris C

I also changes to another insurer after they rejected our legitimate claim. We are still fighting our claim. We had requested they produce reports and photos that where taken from their own contractors but they refused to send them to us. Now they have been forced to produce these reports and its like we assumed, they are in our favor and they deliberately left these out when making there decision to reject our claim.

Tant
Tantasked

How Well do Budget direct respond to claims

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Tantangra.

They do not respond to claims at all. In fact they will do whatever it takes not to pay you out. In our case they deliberately hid builders report that where in our favor.
Its quite funny how all the 5 star ratings on this site is for cheap upfront insurance. There are no 5 star rating when it comes to claims being paid out. Go through all the 1 star reviews and have a look at how they handle claims.
Save yourself the trouble and choose another insurer.

Tantangra
Tantangraasked

How Well do Budget direct respond to claims

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good afternoon Tantangra. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Tantangra.

Save yourself the trouble and choose another insurer.

Bora
Bora

What insurer have you had good claims experiences with?

John C.
John C.asked

who is the underwriting company for budget direct

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi John, thanks for reaching out to us. Auto & General Services administers policies on behalf of Budget Direct. Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd underwrites the policies administered by Auto & General Services. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

John C.
John C.asked

Would you please inform me as to the name of the Insurance underwriter

Mark S
Mark Sasked

Hi Jimmy,

I'm both sorry and surprised to hear that your claim was rejected as described.

If I'm understanding your review correctly, Budget Direct has denied a claim for theft and vandalism based on your roof being of a different material to the one you declared? If so they are likely in violation of section 54 of the Insurance Contract Act.

In case you haven't already, you can have your claim reviewed by:
1) lodging a complaint with the insurer's internal dispute resolution service. If that fails -
2) escalate by complaining to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.

It may also be worth getting legal advice.

Let us know how you get on.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Sorry. I don’t understand. What is your question ?

User
Userasked

( From reading the comments on this site, I am concerned about going with Budget for House and Contents insurance which we pay annually - sounds like they just think they can draw on your account for the next years renewal cost. )
I am also awaiting your answer...

MONTROSE

Two days since my question was asked on the same subject.
Surely someone can give us some information re Budget Direct renewal procedures- particularly a representative from Budget Direct.

howard.grace

no they send out the renewal notice first which tells you your new price and the date it will be deducted

terry

Was talking to them on the phone few days ago and they do have a''auto renewal system '' which you can opt out of BUT MAKE SURE you ask for it if and when you purchase the insurance

MONTROSEasked

From reading the comments re renewals:
- do Budget Direct automatically try to charge your annual cost from your account?
- or do they send out renewal documents advising the new renewal prices and you then choose if you wish to renew?

howard.grace

no they give you a few weeks notice of your new premium being deducted and the price

Thanks for your reply.

This was the only major issue that we had with changing to Budget Direct and suspect this may be an issue if you pay monthly. As we pay annually we hope this will not happen without prior notification.

It was interesting to see that someone else had the same question. Hopefully, there will be confirmation on this site from Budget Direct regarding the renewal process.

terry

Hi i replied to someone else on this issue just a little while ago .Should help

Leasehit L.
Leasehit L.asked

If I were to take out home and contents insurance with Budgetdirect and then need to make a claim in the future. Will budgetdirect claims department and insurance investigators find every possible reason not to pay for my claim?

kevin
kevin

If your claim is genuine and it is clearly covered in your policy then there is no need to believe that you cannot be paid for the claim. If you have trouble with an Insurance Company then do not hesitate to contact the Insurance Ombudsman in your state. This usually makes the insurer more compliant.

Owen Spackman
Owen Spackman

I’ve never had an issue making a claim with any insurer. Be prepared. Photograph your valuables and keep receipts etc so you can prove ownership and valuations and you shouldn’t ever have a problem.

chris
chrisasked

I recently went on line and sought a H&C policy quote. We have had continuous policy cover for the past 20 years with a major competitor, but our current insurer is, for the third year running, seeking a 20% + increase in the annual premium. So I thought I would check around. I was bit shocked ta the end of the On-line process to be told Budget could not offer me any cover. I am now retired and have made a claim four years ago but no details were given for the "Inability" to offer cover. Is there a reason I am missing here?

civleh
civleh

Maybe you are in a 'supposed Flood area!!! Go online and get a quote with Suncorp (they actually cover you for flood). That's who I'm with now. Don't use QBE they are even worse.

Graham Johnson
Graham Johnson

Not surprising. They did the same with us... After a call they told me "Your suburb was a risk" They are morons, just move on....

Joe Divitaasked

Can you please review when a claim is made. Not when they happily take your money

scott
scott

i was reviewing them on the fact that their premiums have nearly doubled in a year.
I'm sure that's relevant isn't it????????

Dylan U.
Dylan U.

I think Joe is getting at all the people saying "5 stars for being so cheap!" When that provides absolutely zero feedback on whether they process claims, or just take your money and laugh when you actually need help...

Spot on

malcolmasked

Why is a rejected claim still categorised as a claim? If it wasn’t covered and the owner paid for the full repair then why has the premium gone up. It defies logic and common decency. Why

Joe Divita

Changed my mind with budget then

malcolm

Rang Another insurance company and went with them. Even they couldn’t believe that something Budget Direct said wasn’t claimable was still catagorized as a claim. Go figure!

Matt
Mattasked

Can you see the reviews of people who have made claims?

Anita F
Anita Fasked

What is covered with my contents insurance after being robbed/brake & enter?

Jaydey
Jaydey

Don't even bother! My house got broken into on the 28th of December 2018 still have nothing even remotely close to my claim being finisned! I have 2 small kids and all tvs, christmas present electronics, secured safe cash etc was taken and they are just playing dodgey brothers right about now!

Tim
Timasked

I just got my home and contents renewal and the premium has gone up by 40%. Has anyone else had this? I'm getting quotes from other companies as this can't be right.

Straddy
Straddy

Ours went up by 100% without any claims or an explanation from Budget.
They operate on the basis that half their zpolicyholders won’t compare the Renewal Notice with last years.
If you don’t cancel then they automatically renew by debiting your card.
The Insurance Ombudsman should investigate them.

SmelliKelli
SmelliKelli

Yeah, I just got mine and it had gone up quite a bit. I did an online quote with another company that came out cheaper. I just called Budget Direct and told them about the other quote, and they slashed it back to what I was originally paying. Kinda annoying though that you have to go through that, as a loyal customer, to get the discount.

Thanks for this question, mine has just gone up quite dramatically also, and couldn’t work out why! time to start comparing with other companies.

bidol
bidolasked

I’m wondering about flood cover? Does it include fire sprinklers? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives