Burbank SA, Norwood

Burbank SA, Norwood

Great customer service

The customer service from the slab pour to the practical completion and beyond has been great. Despite minor issues arising the Burbank team were on it. They were solution focused and did their best to get the issues rectified quickly.

Once a final quote was established the final bill came in under due to provisional items which was a bonus. While the build process was longer than the quick builds that offer guaranteed build times, the finishings and overall house is at a higher standard than others in our new estate.

Overall, if we were to build again we would use Burbank and have recommended Burbank to others.

Flooring
Construction End DateMay 2019
Hi Alisha, Thank you for passing on your feedback regarding your build. We love to hear about our clients building journey, I am very glad to hear you had an overall great experience with our team. Congratulations on your new home! Thank you, Sam :)

Exceptional service with a smile !

After having visited a few builders and model homes, we walked into the Burbank model home in Lights View where we met Zack Wong (Sales Consultant). Based on the first impressions, we knew we were going to be comfortable interacting with him on this major milestone of developing our dream home. After an initial discussion with Zack, we decided to go with Burbank although there were lower quotes from other builders. This decision for the major part was based on our interaction with Zack – the great Burbank designs and 15-month maintenance pledge also helped! He really listened to our requirements, articulated the pros and cons of our endless wish-list and helped us get to a very realistic position keeping in line with our budget. He also has excellent knowledge about the Burbank designs and structural requirements to make suitable recommendations.
His assistance did not stop at this, he has always made himself available whenever we had any queries with regards to the land we purchased in Lights View. Zack is fully aware of all the build restrictions and build requirements of Lights View. We are currently in Pre-construction and our meetings are very productive. Thanks, Zack, for your assistance so far and look forward to the rest of the journey!

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi there, I am so glad to hear about the experience you have had with Zack, he is such an asset to Burbank and I am so glad to hear about how much he has helped you throughout the early stages of your build. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your Journey, good luck! Cheers, Sam :)

Great site supervisor!

Absolutely love my new home. Would recommend Burbank to anyone.
My site supervisor, Sean, was very organized, had a time plan & stuck to it. I was promised my home by a certain date & I got it by then
All workmanship was top quality and I'm very happy with the finishes on my home
Everyone I've worked with at Burbank from my sales rep, Mark Spratt, Cherie in selections, Olivia in admin and Sean my site supervisor have been so friendly and helpful
I've never built before and they all helped make the process of building a house as easy as it can be.
I chose Burbank because their showrooms were stunning and the finishes looked beautiful. I'm happy to say my home compares to these show homes
They're also flexible with their design. My block was long and narrow and Mark helped me design a home from one of their plans which maximised the land I have. I saw 2 other builders before I went with Burbank and both said I couldn't alter their floor plans which made it hard to find a block that suited my budget
The price I was given after selections is the price I paid. No hidden costs or surprises
Just wish I had gotten Burbank to do everything for me so I could've moved straight in. Unfortunately my budget didn't allow that so I've organized my own flooring and hopefully when the rain stops I'll get my driveway, paths and landscaping finished :)
If I ever build another home, I would definitely use Burbank again, start to finish

Construction End DateMay 2019
Hi Melanie A, I am thrilled to hear about the experience you have had with our staff in SA. I can tell by the photos how fantastic the house looks, I bet you're excited to get it all finished. Thank you so much for your kind words and congrats on your new home! Many thanks, Sam :)

First rate service

Burbank have been professional and supportive throughout what has been a fairly involved process. They have been flexible in meeting our needs, but provided timely advice based on their years of experience. I would highly recommend building with them.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi DJR, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We couldn't agree more, building is a super involved process. We endeavour to remain supportive and professional in order to make this process as seamless for you as possible. I hope you're looking forward to the journey ahead. -Sam

Fantastic to Deal with

At this stage we have signed up to build a new home with Burbank. If you live in Adelaide and are looking to build, do your self a favor at go and see Mark Spratt at Lights View. He has been amazing, one of the best Sales Consultants I have ever dealt with. Looking forward to start building in new year.

Construction End DateDec 2019
Hi Mike! What a great review, Mark will be so pleased with your kind words. Thankyou for taking the time to share your experience so far! I hope to see this amazing service continue. Mike, Good luck with your build. -Sam

Excellent customer service from Mark Spratt

We had just finished designs and colour selection. We already signed building contract and Burbank send our application for council approval.
Our journey start 2 years ago with Mark Spratt(Adelaide) when we seen Bowden at st. Clair,
I can say that we choose Burbank because of beautiful home design (Bowden and excellent service from Mark Spratt,
This is a first time for us to go through build process and he explained us very well. Previously I had other 2 builder options to build my new home but when I see his caring nature, I had no option left and I chose Burbank.
At selection stage mark and Cherie were very helpful to choose right products to keep in our budget and Burbank have a wide range of products to build dream house.
Now I am dealing with Olivia for pre building and she is also very helpful too.
Burbank got a very good team and I hope that same support keep continue during building process.
Thank you again Mark, Cherie and Olivia.
Harish

Construction End DateFeb 2019
Hi Harsh! Sounds like you're dealing with the A team! Its nice to hear you have created a great working relationship with Mark, Cherie and Olivia! This is key when it comes to building a home! Very exciting times to come, I hope you will enjoy them just as much! Thanks Sam

The perfect look of my house is BURBANK and I am so happy living in my new house, it’s lively and co

I had a slow start with my double story house, 2 supervisors were too slow , as soon as Sean Stacey took over the house it actually started to look like a house , I would thank Sean and for his high quality work and Burbank for all the perfect contractors who did excellent job with high level quality materials used for building the house, thank you for excellent job, even though the house was delayed for 3 months but I am happy with the quality that work was done , thank you Burbank and thank you Sean without it would be impossible , you done a great job.

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi Sarika! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! Im thrilled to hear that Sean took over your build and got things moving for you! I will share your kind words with Sean and the team! Enjoy your new Burbank home!! -Sam

Excellent is an understatement

Although our house hasn’t been fully built yet we have had such a great experience with Burbank. Any changes we made were attended to straight away, they were very patient with us and helped us understand everything which was so important for us going into our first home. Our Sales consultant helped us so much to fully understand what was going on and made regular check ups with us so make sure everything was going smoothly and our build was on track. We came in with a complete vision for our home and they have sourced so many things for us that we wanted. They really are creating our dream home!!

April 18th 2019 Update: Our first ever home!

Going through the build process for the first time as a young couple is quite daunting at times... We had a great experience with Burbank and they made us feel very comfortable about our choice to build and helped us along the way. Everyone from sales through to construction answered any questions we had or would clarify us on any issues that we faced and we greatly appreciated that.
We had some small misconceptions about our internal wall insulation that were eventually rectified however the mistake put our build time behind schedule which although we knew was the right decision, it was a bit frustrating to know our house would be finished later rather than sooner. However, we do appreciate that the construction team and our building manager rectified the issue in somewhat of a timely manner and got it all figured out for us. Having built in regional South Australia meant that at times getting trades to our build site was a bit harder and seemed slow at times and although a local brick layer was used, they took about 4-5 months to brick lay our house which was slow and frustrating at times. We were just very thankful this didn't interior the work inside our house.
Although hand over has been and gone, we still have a few things that need to be finished off however our Building Manager has been great at communicating with us about these small details.
Overall we are so happy to finally be in our home and are very happy with the
end product. Everything from the floor plan to finishes are done well and we are very happy. We want to thank our Building Manager a lot for all the work that goes in to building a house like this and for being an overall great friend to us through out the process.

Flooring
Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Mick and Vic!! This review is a great read! Im so glad your Sales Consultant was so helpful and understanding. Hopefully now you're getting excited to watch your dream home come to life! Thanks for your review! -Sam

Great start, disappointing finish.

As Burbank were new to SA, we assumed they would do what they could to ensure happy customers. Unfortunately, this was not the case. One of our biggest issues was the lack of communication and professionalism, particularly towards the end of our build and post build. Poor quality brick laying, poor quality paint and terrible post build maintenance, the list could go on for the issues we have encountered. On several occasions we contacted Burbank management regarding our issues and on multiple occasions we were shut down or ignored. Fortunately this experience has not put us off building, we will now just build with a more reputable company who have the capacity to do the job properly.

Construction End DateAug 2017
Hi LKM, Thankyou for your feedback. If you would like us to look into this for you please contact us at forums@burbank.com.au with your job number and best contact details. Regards, The Burbank Team

Amazing - expectations exceeded!

We had been visiting various builder’s display homes for about two to three months and whilst we had narrowed it down to two builders that we were interested in for our build, there were just too many things that left us feeling uneasy. From vague quoting to conflicting marketing materials and promotions (that even the consultants didn’t understand!) we were left feeling less than confident in signing up and progressing. Several consultants also tried to assure us that the home designs we were interested in would fit on our block when they actually wouldn’t.
Then we walked into the Burbank displays at Seaford and met Ellen....and we have been kicking ourselves for not going in sooner! Ellen helped us find a home design that we loved and would also fit on our block. In the time that we had walked through both display homes Ellen had our block of land up on her computer screen and had placed the proposed home design on it so that we could see how it would sit. We were really impressed with the quality of the displays and were keen to learn more about Burbank and get a quote and Ellen was more than happy to help. In fact, she went above and beyond! She did so much ground work, even contacting council to find out the zoning and setbacks to ensure the proposed plan would definitely fit, before providing us with a detailed quote. There was no pressure or dodgy ‘used car salesman tactics’ just a genuine interest in helping us with any queries we had so that we had all the information we needed to make our decisions going forward.
Nothing was too much trouble for Ellen and she just really went out of her way to make sure we were happy, understood the quote, knew what the process was if we wanted to proceed and even made invaluable suggestions about the layout of the floorplan etc. It was Ellen’s amazing service and professionalism that left us feeling so confident that we had found our builder.
Ellen has continued to go the extra mile for us and we have now attended our selections appointment with Cherie who was also so helpful and patient in what was, for us, a very overwhelming decision process.
Everything is progressing nicely and we Have been kept informed every step of the way. We can’t wait for our build to commence and see our new home come to life.
Thank you!!!!

Construction End DateJan 2019
Hi MJKJ, This is truly wonderful to read, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We feel privileged that you chose to build with Burbank and that your experience has been so positive this far. Your feedback will be passed onto Ellen and Cherie. Kind regards, The Burbank Team

Wonderful service so far - cant wait to see the final product!

We have been delighted by the service provided by Burbank homes so far.
We started this journey researching many builders and looking at countless display homes and plans but Burbank stood out as a front-runner from the start. The floor plan of the Woodford is exceptional and with a few minor changes we are well on our way to building a home that surpasses our expectations.
However, the best part of this experience so far has been dealing with Ellen. It is rare to find such exceptional service these days - Ellen is just amazing. She made us feel comfortable from the start, worked with us every step of the way to accommodate all of our requests and communicated clearly and promptly at all times - nothing was a bother for Ellen. We cant thank her enough for everything she has done to support us so far.
We completed our selections with Cherie and were grateful for her expertise and patience during this process.
Our plans are currently in council and we are looking forward to working with Lauren and the builders to create our forever home.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi AJTDV, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing review with us. We’ll certainly pass your feedback onto our team. We wish you the best of luck for your build. What an exciting time! Kind Regards, The Burbank Team

What a great start!

As a first home builder, and not knowing what to expect thought out this journey i couldn't be any happier that i stumbled across Burbank!

Before i found Burbank, i had been around and gotten a few quotes from other builders, but no other New Homes Consultant made me feel as comfortable as Ellen did! Being young i felt like all other consultants either didn't take me serious or pressured me to want more than i really wanted.

Besides Ellen, the other reason why i choose to build with Burbank was the Selections! Once i found out that i would get to sit down and choose my selections with the same person that had also styled and designed their display homes, to me i was 100% sold. It was always a concern of mine that i wouldn't end up being 100% happy with the end result of my build, But once i sat down with Cherie i was over the moon!

Over all the support the Burbank has offered me, has been just want i needed, and I'm so excited for the rest my building experience with them!

Construction End DateNov 2018
Hi Erin, Thank you for taking the time to post this glowing review! We’re thrilled to hear that building your first home with Burbank has been such a great experience so far and are pleased your day with Cherie at the Edge Selection Studio went smoothly and that you are enjoying your open communication with Ellen – we will certainly pass your feedback on to both of them. Best of luck with the rest of your build – we trust that the team will do an fabulous job in creating your dream home. Regards, The Burbank team

Great company to deal with from plans to build!

I just want to say that Olivia, Luke, Cherie & all the team at Burbank are great to work with. We have recently finished building our home in Parafield Gardens and all the way through the process I have had up to date phone calls and correspondence from the team which made building our new home no hassle at all! I would highly recommend them to all!

Construction End DateFeb 2018
Hi JTG, What a fabulous review! Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback- we will pass on your kind words to the team who will be thrilled to hear you’ve had such an ace experience! All the best in your new home, The Burbank Team

Excellent Job

We had a great building experience with Burbank SA. We had our home finished in October and the final product was upto our expectation. Each and every staff we have come across were highly professional and guided us throughout the whole process .We were reassured at the start of the job as there was delay with the timber delivery but Burbank managed to finish the job in time. We are very thankful to Danny, Peter, Hamish, Cherie, Lauren and Catherine for all their hard work and support. We would certainly recommend Burbank to our friends and colleagues. One of our friends had already built a house with Burbank as per our recommendation and they are happy as well as the job was completed 2 months prior to the finish date. Good work team. Keep it up!

Construction End DateOct 2017
Really rapt to hear this, Teddies! Thank you for taking the time to write. All the best to you in your new home. The Burbank Team.

Great so far

The first builder we visited had a dodgy salesman and low quality cheap houses. Burbank was one of the builders recommended to us by our mortgage broker. After visiting one of the others I went to the Burbank display homes at Seaford Vista.
There I met Ellen who was very friendly and helped a lot with working out what would fit on our chosen block within the guidelines and within our budget. I went back to Ellen a few days later with my partner and the process began from there. I would highly recommend going to see Ellen if you are planning on building a house.
We had a good idea of what we wanted as far as colours and surfaces went and Cherie was very helpful with getting the selections done. The whole process took us about 2 hours.
We’re now dealing with our new home co-ordinator Lauren who has been sorting all the final details and getting approvals. She is regularly in contact and keeps us up to date as things progress.
Overall, Burbank seems to be the best quality option within our budget and we got some great upgrades thanks to the wish list promotion. The service has been excellent so far.
We can’t wait to move in to our first home.

Construction End DateAug 2018
Hello P.C, What a wonderful journey you have had with Burbank. We will pass on your feedback to the both Ellen, Cherie and Lauren. We wish you all the happiness living in your Burbank home. Hopefully next year comes around quickly for you! Kind Regards, The Burbank Team

A great team at Burbank Homes SA

After considerable contemplation, we decided to build a new home, choosing Burbank Homes SA as the builder. The Lockley (previously known as the Carlina 1830), stood out for us with it's 4 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, cloak room, butler's pantry, double garage and very generous rumpus room. There is so much to love about the floor plan.

So far the building experience has been relatively stress free. At every step, the Burbank SA team have been very helpful. From the new home consultant, sales manager, colour selections, project coordinator, through to the building supervisor, everyone has been personable, very professional and accommodating to our needs.

Obviously no project of this scale can be completely perfect. Prior to the selections stage we created a folder of colour schemes, tiles, tapware, doors, etc. During selections, we found that many colour and option choices were not available, meaning that we had spent months agonising on decisions which had to be altered at short notice. We feel that the selection experience could have been easier and less stressful if we had been aware of the limitations and had been given a comprehensive list of selection options (with pricing) several weeks prior. Also, it is a pity that Burbank SA do not offer a computerised visualiser, which could greatly assist seeing how choices made would alter the appearance of the house.

We are enjoying seeing our new home emerge and hope it will be at "lock up" before Christmas.

Construction End DateMar 2018
Hi Psquared, We are thrilled to receive your 5 star review. Great to hear we could accommodate to your needs. We do apologise for your experience with the colour selection, we will take your advice on board regarding computerised visualiser. We hope you will enjoy living in your Burbank dream home. Regards, The Burbank Team

Consultants - Fantastic

we've just started our build with Burbank, but so far staff have been brilliant
• Chris Roberts/New Home Consultant - Sadly I’ve heard Chris has now left, which is such a shame, because certainly knows his stuff! To be honest Chris got us over the line with Burbank (we had a couple of Consultants before him, and where starting to think at looking at other builders). However Chris restored our faith in Burbank and reminded us why we chose them as the preferred builder to begin with. Chris has fantastic knowledge of the building process from start to finish (which was comforting for us). Nothing was too hard for Chris and was always able to steer us in the right direction with design/electrical (everything really) – we wish him well, and have no doubt he’s a great loss to Burbank.
• Cherie Keatch/Colour Consultant – Cherie was very patient with us, when I’d email her every second day with changes or questions she was always happy to assist and advise . Cherie was very quick to get back to us on pricing. To say we’ve no idea about colours and designs is an understatement, so the fact Cherie held our hand through selections was fantastic. It was very beneficial to us to have someone with such a great eye for detail.
• Lauren Rossouw/New Home Coordinator - Lauren is still providing hold handing services to us, and again like the others nothing is too hard. Lauren is very efficient and is always there on the other end of the phone or email when we have questions. We’ve thrown her a couple of curve balls her way, but she’s never phased and would go off and get the information for us, or refer us onto the right people.

I speak for both myself and my husband when I say we can’t praise them enough. Hat’s off to Burbank for employing such wonderful staff - thanks Burbank.

Construction End DateApr 2018
Hi Mar, We are so pleased to hear about your experience with Burbank. We will be sure to pass on all your feedback. We are lucky to be apart of this journey with you. Regards, The Burbank Team

Customer service

When we first discovered Burbank it was when we visited their display homes. The customer service was excellent, we were given a warm welcome and treated very kindly by all staff especially by our new home consultant, Mark Spratt. He was giving excellent service by doing whatever he can to satisfy us and our experience with the company. He made this process run much more smoothly and non-stressful for us. He was always able to answer any our questions and was very helpful during the process of planning and designing our house. We've definitely recommend this company to our family, friends etc.

Construction End DateOct 2018
Hi Damir, Sounds like Mark has made a lasting impression. I will pass on your feedback to Mark and the team. We are happy to hear of the non-stressful and smooth experience you had whilst building with Burbank. We hope your home is everything you wished and more. Regards, The Burbank Team

Burbank make design dreams come true!!!

Where do I even begin! Earlier this year, my partner and I, as first home buyers were super excited to finally have secured some land and began looking for builders to build our dream home. We were lured in by one of SA's main builders who had cheaper prices and overwhelming promises (we were naive first home buyers who needed to stick to a budget). As soon as things started to get going, things started rolling downhill. To keep this short, as this review is about our satisfaction with Burbank, we were met with so many obstacles before we even considered lodging our plans to council. Our salesperson (name removed) miscalculated our home and lost the company over $20,000. This is when they became deceitful and tried to recoup their losses in any way possible. First there was the footings, $15,989 more expensive than Burbank's. Small additions like a wall niche were quoted at $4,700 whereas we have been charged $300 by Burbank. Invoices were sent to us via the mail with two different prices.

The cheaper price was labelled to be retained by the customer and the more expensive price was to be signed, witnessed and sent back to the builder. This happened on multiple invoices and multiple occasions. My opinion? They thought we were first home buyers who didn't read, didn't know what they were doing and were out to be manipulated in any way possible. When challenged on this I was belittled by multiple staff and told that 'People are human and we all make mistakes, we don't harp on about your mistakes, so please don't harp on about ours'. I was shocked, angry and upset that we had even considered building with such an unprofessional company. We began to realise that any dream ideas we had for our home were met with disgruntled attitude, often told '(Name of company) aren't a custom builder.' The last straw for us was when we were told we could get our floor tiling done after handover. This agreement was all organised via email and I saved email after email to ensure we had a chain of evidence.

This was great for us, we found the tiles we liked at a discounted price, bought them that weekend and were told the following Monday that management had rejected this and we needed to get our tiles through them. They were charging us upwards of 70% of the price we had payed on the weekend for the materials alone. Obviously having a written record of conversation or agreement means nothing and this caused us to make the decision to leave the builder and lose our deposit. Not one phone call was made to us or an opportunity given for us to share our concerns. No one would listen. No one would take us seriously because we were first home buyers who knew nothing better. This ended up being one of the best decisions my partner and I have made.

This is where Burbank came along. My partner and I were extremely disappointed, we were just about to make it to council and we had to begin all over again. Our dream of building or new home was once again set back and we were extremely frustrated. Walking through the St Clair, SA display village my partner popped into Burbank to have a look at the house and got talking with the sales consultant Jessica Coot. We never considered building with a company like Burbank, or a company we considered from the outside to be more expensive than the four or five main builders offered in SA. That afternoon, we provided Jess with our previous plans and explained how we wanted to alter them to design our dream home. My partner spent that afternoon with Jess who basically cleared her schedule to get the design sent to draftees and to draw up an initial quote and that weekend we signed with Burbank, three whole days after going there desperate to find a builder who would just listen. An entire three months later and we are over the moon with the service.

Jess and the team working with her are absolutely fantastic. Words cannot describe the experience we have had. We had issues with our block being subdivided, long and narrow. Not a problem for Jess and her team who often worked tirelessly to overcome any challenge big and small. We are constantly kept updated by Jess and I don't think there has been a time where I've had to contact her to ask how something is progressing, because we've always been notified. We have been given options, allowed to change our minds over and over and made to feel like we aren't being an absolute hassle to the employees of Burbank. This has made us so happy to spend every hard working cent with Burbank. Our build has been passed through employees at the various stages and at each stage we have been met with kind, respectful and professional individuals who truly take pride in the service they deliver. Yes we have spent more on this build. But the inclusions are incredible!

We planned on spending upwards of $15,000 with (Name of prominent SA builder) just to upgrade to the standard inclusions provided by Burbank. Do I need to say anymore? We bought the highest promo offered on the house during the month we signed and were guided by the colour selections consultant Cherie, to include items that would improve the value of our house. We were given guidance and not made to feel stupid. I've never built a house before, I don't know everything and Burbank were there to make us feel so much better and they never made us feel stupid. I truly thank Jessica Ciotti and the team at Burbank South Australia for their efforts with helping us to plan, design and hopefully soon build our dream home with Burbank. I encourage anyone who is unhappy with their current builder to go have a chat with them. Three months ago we thought we were stuck building a house we didn't really like with a builder who didn't really appreciate us. I never would have thought I would feel this satisfied with a company's service. GO BURBANK !

Construction End DateJun 2018
Hi Brydie, We cant tell you how beautiful it is to read of how Burbank turned your home journey around!! We couldn't be happier to accommodate everything you wanted. Enjoy living in your dream home. Regards, The Burbank Team

Excellent design. This is what we wanted...

An excellent designer home. Such an amazing experience building with Burbank. So far all of the staffs I dealt with were so much supportive throughout the process. Had no hassles with any administrative works. The colour selection team was so helpful. Apart from a few delays in the transition time of the old supervisor to new supervisor, it's a very good flow so far. Thanks to Peter Warren the site supervisor for his excellent skills, understanding and fulfilling customer requirements. Looking forward for the finishing stage and the quality Burbank will deliver. Eagerly waiting for the keys of my dream home.

Construction End DateSep 2017
Hello Ricky, This is amazing to read!! We're thrilled that Peter has contributed in such a positive way to your Burbank experience and we're looking forward to handing over your new home. Kind regards, Burbank Team