7Chasseur Cookware

Chasseur Cookware Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Chasseur? Claim your listing.
roger b.
roger b. · Cookware Classique

I used my 28cm red Chasseur on a smaller element on an electric hob than the pot on high heat and it has “burnt” the ring size into the enamel. Can I clean this off or is the pot now irreparably damaged?

Rafael S. · Cookware Escoffier

How can I restore the original copper coulor on my brand new Chasseur – Escoffier Copper and Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Covered Chef’s Pan? I have used once and now the outside colour looks orange to blue (if that's make sence). Thanks

Rafael S.

Just for future references, I have done a little research on the internet, and I found the best solution to get the copper colour again was using a (supermarket) product called Bar Keepers Friend .
I have used and looks as new again :)

gabriela g.
gabriela g. · Cookware

Can lid go to oven as a handle is plastic?

Mudcrab
Mudcrab

sorry can't help as mine came without a lid. I would never buy one again.

ditta
ditta · Cookware

what is the recommended temperature to put a chasseur pot in the oven

kimgelbart
kimgelbart · Cookware

Are the handles on the Cinq Etoile Range Stay cool handles ??

Diana B.
Diana B. · Cookware

I have the red oval shaped pot which has been amazing however today I noticed it has small chip in the base. Do you repair, replace or is it doomed.
TIA

hermina
hermina

If there is a small chunk off the enamel it’s doomed. See my review on 12 years cooking with them

Patricia P.
Patricia P. · Cookware

is this any good for cooking on induction hot plate with olive oil , eggs ect..?

Jan M
Jan M · Cookware

Hello,
Is it safe to use your Chasseur wok on a ceramic electric cooktop.
Thank you. JM

Sharron B.
Sharron B. · Cookware

Hi, Can I use a Le Creuset replacement knob on a Chasseur casserole lid? Thanks

WendyB
WendyB

Yes you can, i have a Chasseur size 24 and the Le Creuset stainless steel knob fits perfectly.

belle w.
belle w.

Hi ,I just purchased this same size it seems a little small wishing I got a bigger size.. just wondering what you can fit in your pot and types of things you cook..

S Ainsworth · Cookware

I have the red Chasseur Cookware Escoffier Baking Dish(I think) and the base is chipping with large chips out of the base of the pot. Can it be resurfaced or should I just get rid of it. I have noticed the chips are increasing in number and size?

S Ainsworth

My Chasseur Coolware Escoffier Baking Dish is heavily chipped on the base and I am not sure I should be cooking with it like this, I would have expected that it would have lasted a long longer then it has for the money paid. What can be done about this issue? I can be contacted on 0409799183. I live in Mornington Victoria Aust.

RAEL B.
RAEL B.

I wrote to Chasseur when this happened to mine. They replaced it. I didn't have a receipt.

Domenic
Domenic · Cookware

Hi I just bought a second hand 28cm chasseur pot. Can I put the pot in the oven with the lid and will the handle melt

Diana M.

Yes you can place it in the oven, there is a recommended temperature setting that you should not go above, just Google that, but these are great for slow cooking in a low heat.

Dianne H.
Dianne H. · Cookware Classique

Is it Teflon lined?

Diana M.

No, its not, but I find the food does not stick, if your cooking steak, chops, sausages,ect, the pan needs to be hot and use some sort of oil (little). I love mine for casseroles, any food residue is easily cleaned, I just soak in water for 10 minutes or so. hopes this helps

Roe · Cookware

is it normal for the enamel to discolour

Diana M.

on the outside or inside? the outside of mine have not discoloured at all, but the inside can get a little discoloured with use, So every now and then I use diluted bleach and let it soak overnite. then wash in warm soapy water, generally this will brighten it up again

Roe

The inside has turned a darker shade after just cooking soup on the stove

Antonino
Antonino · Cookware

Can I put chassuer France pot on stove

Diana M.

Of coarse, great on the cook top and in the oven. I often Brown off my meats first on the cook top, before placing in the oven for a slow cook. Don't forget, if you place water in you classier after you've finished cooking in it, it will wash up so easy no hard stuck on bits of food.

Fleur00
Fleur00 · Cookware Classique

i just bought a chasseur inferno red rectangular grill, just wonder if i can use it on top of my bbq grill?The bbq I've got is called Turbo Elite RQT and cooks the food slowly with the glass dome over the flame.

McPop

I would guess that you can but I wouldn't be using a high heat (and some bbqs do get REALLY hot). Play around with the heat setting to figure out where the sweet spot is without getting too hot. Good luck.

Mary O'Reilly
Mary O'Reilly · Cookware Classique

Is it possible to get a black replacement knob for lid of chasseur enamel casserole dish? Unfortunately put under grill setting in oven in mistake for convection and knob cracked.

McPop

Dunno. I'd try googling it, eBay, or even calling chasseur themselves.

Sorry to hear about that tragic mistake! A lesson for us all.

Janet
Janet

Just did exactly the same thing! Chasseur are sending a replacement free of charge. Great service, Chasseur. We have had our cast iron pot for maybe 20 years now. Very well used and still going strong. Second time we have had to replace the knob, due to our own mistakes.

Maria · Cookware

Can the lid of Chasseur product with blak knon go into the oven?

McPop

Yes. I believe that the black knob can withstand up to about 190 deg C (375 F). There aren't many recipes that I've seen that need a casserole pan to be in an oven higher than this, and it isn't a limitation I've ever come across.

A nice thing about the black knob is that it doesn't get as hot (or stay as hot) as the metal knobs from other brands. It makes life a little bit better when picking up the lid with a teatowel.

If you are thinking of Chasseur, my advice is to see if you can find a similar Staub product. I have them both and can't stop raving about my Staubs. Having said that, the Chasseurs are also great products, but Staub are tops (and they have metal knobs).

Thanx McPop

That was of great help

Roy
Roy · Cookware Classique

My enamel has started to lift about a 1cm hole. Can I get a replacement? or can I get it resurfaced? please advise.

Roy

McPop

Probably a question for your retailer or Chasseur. I'd get it replaced.

Also, have you been treating the pan correctly? Sometimes enamel damage can come from using high heat (which is unnecessary and damaging to enameled cast iron).

Joanne
Joanne · Cookware Classique

The enamel of mY not very old chausseur has started to lift. Should this happen? I don't use metal spoons etc when cooking so I am very disappointed that this has occurred.

McPop

That should not happen. These pans and the enamel are very tough. It sounds like you may have a faulty one and should have it replaced.

Don't forget, never use HIGH heat on these pans. That will damage the enamel and ruin the pan. The pan should be pre-heated for 4-5 minutes before use. Using medium heat will be like cooking with high heat for normal pans.

Dannie56
Dannie56

You should definitely return, it sounds like a faulty one. They are a reputable company so I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting it replaced. Don't be put off by this experience though, these are awesome pots normally :)

Judy1053
Judy1053 · Cookware

Does Chasseur make a wok smaller than 36cm?

McPop

After consulting the Chasseur Australia website, I don't believe they do.

But to delve further into the question, I don't think getting an enameled cast iron wok is necessarily a good idea. Cooking properly with a wok involves insane levels of heat.

Enameled cast iron, you can't use high heat. It will scorch and damage the enamel and it will cause food to stick to the surface, never to come off. If you have cooked with an enameled cast iron pot on high a heat, you will know these sorrows.

This also means non-stick woks are no good; the surface degrades rapidly in high heat, and some even release dangerous gases.

My woks (several) are cheap, nasty carbon steel. Unfortunately, they do corrode if not cared for, and they need seasoning, but this is easy to do. YouTube is a great resource on seasoning. And after each use, promptly wash the wok, DRY IT, and give it a quick wipe with oil.

A Chasseur wok will look a lot prettier, but it won't be anywhere as useful as a carbon steel one.

Select a listing for your question
Chasseur Cookware