Cityswoon Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Natasked

Hi. I have been reading many reviews around your business Unsubscribe option. Some are from tech savvy people as well as other challenged tech people. As a business who repeatedly states it has its clients best interest at heart and that you are not just about the money, wouldn't CitySwoon respond to feedback by placing a single tab named Unsubscribe with the same tab line up as Profile, Home, Events etc. Then clients can just hit the tab, end of issues between clients and yourself. You may like to add a pause membership tab, which would be attractive to clients...nitrate a fee if you want to reactivate their membership after preselected time slots. Membership recruitment and retention would improve. I also read you were a small business competing with other larger companies...so why mimick them when you can trailblazer a truly new and exciting upcoming change in your services as suggested above?

Transparency and good customer service in a timely manner is what will put your business in front.
Good luck. But until changes like the above suggestions are made, you are no different or more appealing than all the other online dating sites.

Natalie

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Nat, thanks for the suggestions. We're making some great additions to the memberships. We are actually very different to any dating site in the world since we offer live matched dating. This is unique and effective and it's the reason we've grown so fast and members get a big discount on tickets :)

Nat

Thank you for your response,a lthough I think it is quite generic.
I can tell from your reviews that people have a lot of fun at events, making friends and socialising with others in their age group. But your service seems to provide more of a purpose for individuals to go out because they know they belong to a group invitation. Individuals may be more hesitant to simply go out to pubs and bars where live bands or other events are put on by proprietors of venues. Your service meets that niche. However, the reviews track poorly with regard to actual matching people of similar comparability. Comments?
Also, I find your options for events demographically narrow. I can assure You, given the right venue and event that you would have people above the age of 46yo interested in comparability matching services you advertise.

Boyd L.asked

Hello Cityswoon, I just attended my first online speed dating event via Zoom. Just wondering as to what happens next. Do we get a follow up email on how to contact potential daters?

Boyd L.

Disregard this message, I have received a follow up email on how to contact potential daters. Thanks.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hey Boyd, glad you got it:) Please let us know if you need any further assistance - we are much more responsive on our customer email admincontact@cityswoon.com.
Cheers

Brisdaz

Brisdazasked

I went to a video speed dating yesterday night. Two of my female friends already had access to matches but even now 12 hours later I don't despite being promised immediately after.

I've emailed and tried to ring CitySwoon from 9am which is when it said it was open according to Google Places. https://www.google.com/search?channel=trow2&client=firefox-b-d&q=cityswoon

However I haven't been able to contact CitySwoon.

A bit disappointed that you get my money and then have poor after event service. I was thinking of doing it again in the next few weeks but this has me thinking again?

When does CitySwoon open?

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi, I believe this was resolved for you now. Thank you for your patience. we understand that would have been very frustrating for you. We are doing our very best to work with new tech and processes and actually built a new page yesterday to enable you to communicate. This is all very new to us. Best of luck catching up with your new connections :) Thank you for being with us though this big transition.

Curiousasked

I see in one of your responses "...we have some great changes coming in for our online offer very soon too..." Just wondering what these changes are going to be and when they take place? I'd be interested in taking up an online membership when the changes have taken place

Hi Curious,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, we are enhancing the online offer this week with new features. PLUS, a revolutionary dating product coming in the next week.

Best to join the mailing list if you are not already on it, to get notified.

Cheers

Curious

Hi and thanks for replying, when you say "revolutionary dating product" is that live video speed dating? Or is this being offered due to COVID-19 restrictions? When I type in to the address bar "www.cityswoon.com.au" it defaults back to "www.cityswoon.com" - why is this so?

Hi,

Thank you for the question. The live video speed dating has been in development for over 6 months. It's highly complex...but, yes, we are rushing it out for our members to connect in a similar fashion, but over a virtual meeting.

BUT, we are also enhancing our online service too. This has not happened yet since we are focusing on video.

In terms of the redirect, can you please check that you are not using a vpn or internet connection based outside of Australia?

Thanks for you interest and patience.

Jenneth B.

Jenneth B.asked

How to join this site?

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Jenneth, you can sign up for free here: https://cityswoon.com.au/signUp.jsp

Once you sign up, you can buy a ticket to an event.

Dannyboy

Dannyboyasked

Do you get matched with the same people if you both attend the same event again?

Hi Dannyboy,

Thanks for your question! Unlike any other speed dating events in the world, we track who you have previously matched before so you don't get matched up again. So, if you are at the same event as someone you have met before, you will not date them again.

Hope to see you at an event soon!

john

johnasked

hi,I have a pre-paid android phone that can pick up wi-fi. Is it free wi-fi or do I need a smart phone with heaps of data for the night?

Curious

That would depend on whether the venue has wi-fi available or not. I would suggest having data available on your phone. From my experience, the website / app (not sure which one) doesn't use "heaps of data".

Jord

Jordasked

Do you need to download the app to attend any of the CitySwoon events? Not all of us are up to date with the latest smartphone, iphone, ipad etc?

Bambilicious
Bambilicious

I think you can use it through logging in to the website. But only a smart phone can access a website.

Hi Jord,

Thank you for your question! Bambilicious is right. You just log into Cityswoon.com on your smartphone or web enabled device. Our website transforms to an app-like site to display your next date. And your date can find you, because they see your photo.

Also, all our events are currently hosted by a Cityswoon representative, so if you get stuck on the technology, there's always a very friendly, experienced person there to help.

Hope to see you at an event soon!

Cityswoon

Get an answer from our members and Cityswoon representatives