Clarendon Homes QLD, Loganholme

Poor finish throughout, bad all round experience.

Built or home with Clarendon Febuary 2018. Leda 21 ruby inclusions basic first home. sales went well, down hill soon after signing of the contract.

Our supervisor had no care factor for our home or our money, come handover time house absolute mess. Paint defects inside and out, render defects, grount missing gapping tilling poor, damaged cabinetry, concrete finish terrible, front door damaged, roof screws all over the place, rubbish buried on our block just to name a few things. supervisor knew our lease on our rental was up and basically forced us to take handover on the day.

We have had painters and tilers back, though still not up to scratch. damaged front door replaced only to be damaged by another one of the incompetent tradies. it's now come to my attention that our island bench is 120mm out to one side. our kitchen was not built to the plans this also was never spoken of.

All it come down to was what they can and cant get away with fixing, and still to this day is. dont pay any attention to the finish in there displays, you will get what your given.

If we had my time i would of gone with another builder, we had cheaper tenders for similar builds but went with the bigger company thinking we would not have any of these dramas well clearly not.

BUYER BEWARE

Construction End DateJuly 2018
Hi Brenden, we are sorry to hear about your experience with Clarendon and would like the opportunity to review. If you could please send us your contact details we will escalate your issues to the construction manager. You can email your details to us at productreview@clarendon.com.au

Excellent Quality and Good Value

We are nearing completion on our home.
3rd time building and 1st time with Clarendon.
The standard inclusions are good quality and the flexibility of tweaking the design to suit my block was not a problem.
All of the staff and consultants have been highly professional.
We are extremely satisfied with progress and communication and it has been a far better experience than we had with our previous project builders.
Would (and have) highly recommend Clarendon Homes to others.

Build StageMid-Construction

Very Good experience so far. 4.5 stars

We are nearing the end of our pre-construction stage and the experience has been very good. We enjoyed the color matching and although it took longer than we were expecting made to feel welcome and supported and they worked hard on the result. The advice was great and we were very happy. Our sales consultant was always helpful and available for questions and concerns and the same goes for our customer support person. Always willing to help with our questions and advice.
I would have given 5 stars but there were just a couple of instances where we were unsure how things were progressing and would have liked a bit more frequent communication.

Build StagePre-Construction

Not good construction quality and bad customer service

Our home’s already had cracks on the ceiling and walls just few months after the handover. We put it on the list for warranty, then few months later there was a man came and check, he said because it’s strong wind in the area swing our house and made the cracks (he came in a windy day). How come he said because of the wind, really irresponsible. Our house is in the between of other houses. Almost two months passed by, we didn’t get any response from the company for the solution, seems they don’t want to do anything.
The grout in bathroom has different colors, he said because water on the floor changed the color of the grout, where there’s no water has different color. It was already like that when we moved in. So many reasons to excuse.
Some grout in bathroom was missing.
Cracks and scratches on the tiles.
We feel so disappointed, the quality is totally different from the display home even we had so many upgrades from the standard.

Construction End DateOctober 2018
Hi Hau. We are very sorry to read that you have not been satisfied with the service at Warranty stage. If you would be kind enough to email us your contact details, we will forward this information to our Warranty Manager for his review. You can email us at productreview@clarendon.com.au

Pre-Construction Stage

The pre-construction stage from Clarendon has been stress free and an easy process!
The only issues we had was the sales consultant forgot to add Colourbond roofing and full tiling splashback to the plans. This was only an issue come our colour selection appointment which was pointed out. This issue was quickly rectified. Our customer service manager [name removed] has been a pleasure to deal with. Our colour and electrical appointments were pretty straight forward and easy. I dont have anything bad to say about Clarendon.

Build StagePre-Construction

Living nightmare every step of the way

Issues with staff every step of the way.
Lengthy convoluted processes.
5hrs for a colour consultation!
3 months before they will have a contract ready and they give themselves a year from start to finish for a std house!
Excessive costs to add
Zero flexibility to change during build there are reasons you need to.
Dont build with Clarendon.
Shop elsewhere.
Very disappointed.

Construction End DateSeptember 2019
Hi Carol. We are very disappointed to read your review and would like to understand the issues you have experienced in more detail. Would you be kind enough to email us your contact details so that we may review the efforts of the team who worked on your home. You can email us at productreview@clarendon.com.au

Very very good

This second home nest one start soon so far customer officer [name removed] she is so good she is very nice and help me a lot to explained thing very happy about she is give me lots of confidence to me and my wife whenever i do my next home will do with again Clarendon [name removed] and [name removed] 100% satisfied my need.

Build StagePre-Construction

Building supervisor the strongest on the Clarendon relay team

My race (ie house) took 12 months from when I first signed the initial paperwork and paid the first deposit to the handover date. This was a great result for a 2 story house.
My first relay runner was the sales consultant who completed his leg in just over 2 months. He did a great job as I changed the internal floor plan layout on my Armadale 41 a number of times. Every time I did, the sales consultant was very patient and made the amendments promptly and kept sending the paperwork to me to ensure that I was happy with it. Whenever I asked for more information he provided it, and it was obvious that he was experienced and competent, which gave me confidence that I was on a winner.
The weakest runner in the team was the colour consultant. In fact it felt like she was running in the opposite direction to the rest of the runners. I was offered all the standard inclusions, and when I made it clear that I wanted to upgrade a number of my inclusions she was incompetent in handling this. You'd think she would be happy as there was more than $60,000 in variations. She just wasn't up to the grade of the other runners and couldn't complete her run in a timely way and kept getting documentation wrong so that it had to be sent backwards and forwards for weeks. I found myself contacting a number of managers and making an on-line complaint as I was getting nowhere. This leg of the race ended up taking 3 months and left me feeling disappointed and unhappy.
So the last leg started tenuously, but wow what a turnaround. The site supervisor bolted out to start and got the slab laid so fast I nearly missed it. He was challenged along the way with some issues (front pillar design obstructing the front door which was reduced in size during construction, wrong tiles laid on walls due to a documentation mistake by Beaumont Tiles) - of course there was paperwork to refer to, but sticking to the paperwork is the easy way out of tricky situations. An experienced supervisor such as I had knows the importance of trying to work with paperwork and the client to get the best outcome. Whenever I had problems, he listened and was able to help work out an acceptable solution. Whenever I had queries or concerns about things during the build, he gave good advice and helped me to sort out how I could go about things in a way that worked best for me.
The workmanship and quality of the build is excellent, and on occasions the site supervisor had tradesman re-do things that weren't satisfactory. The things that were raised prior to handover and in the first 2 weeks after handover were rectified promptly. From a cost perspective, everything was well documented (house cost plus variations) and there were no issues with the costs or payments. So 7 months after construction commenced I had my beautiful new home. I am very grateful that the construction stage was such a positive experience as that is what I will remember most. I would recommend Clarendon as a home builder as I feel that they genuinely seek to offer buyers a quality product and are focussed on meeting client's needs.

Construction End DateMay 2019

Excellent Customer service

Pre construction stage with Clarendon is good so far. Customer service is excellent and prompt. We are happy with the help provided by customer service they are always up for help but our color and electrical appointments were disappointing because what they offer in a Ruby collection is very low category items which are outdated for example batten light holders no one uses nowadays, so we have upgraded to downlight paying a lot of extra money. Not enough choices in anything thats included in Ruby collection. We chose Clarendon hoping we already paying more than other builder so we were expecting that we didn't have to upgrade so many items but we were wrong we had to spend a lot of extra money on top of our contract price. So my suggestions to new client please read your contract carefully and clarify things that you are not sure before you sign contract otherwise ready to spend extra 10k just to get very basic items.

Colour Studio

We have just started the process of building with Clarendon Homes and we can't be happier.
[name removed] at the Springfield Rise display was wonderful.
[name removed] in the colour studio is incredibly knowledgeable and her advice was priceless. We could not have done the selections without her.
Can't wait for the next phase!
Nick and Paris Koutsis

Love our Clarendon Home

From dealing with the Sales staff at Mango Hill, through the process of selecting fittings and colours to on site meetings with the site manager, we had very good experiences.
The build went smoothly and the site manager kept us up to date with all the key stages.
End product is a beautiful home.

Construction End DateMarch 2018

Overall Satisfied with the company.

Although the start of the journey took a bit longer than was set upon due to communication and document problems, all stages of the build was met with excellent customer service. All the appointments (contract signing, color, and electrical) were done with professional individuals who catered to our needs and wants. Overall pricing with the additional variations made the house a bit more expensive than was advertised. However, you do get what you paid for so we were satisfied with the outcome. The site contractor assigned to our house was very professional, helpful, and patient during site visits, work, non-work hours, and post construction. We could not have asked for someone better to guide us through our very first home. The bonus part was the construction was done 3 weeks earlier than was written in the contract so we got to enjoy our house earlier than expected and was able to settle in before school started. This was a major plus for us since kids had to adjust to the new surroundings. Everybody in the family were very happy and if we would build another, we would choose Clarendon again.

Construction End DateMarch 2019

It was fantastic ...

I am happy about the way issues and problems were solved. Although time taken to start the construction was long. And final cost was little higher than my estimated cost.

Review of colour consultant

[name removed] was extremely helpful throughout our colour appointment and showed detailed knowledge in the areas of interior design and colour palette selection. [name removed] was also able to draw on personal experiences in these areas which assisted us in our decision making process. [name removed] was warm and friendly which made our experience comfortable and productive.

Build StagePre-Construction

Overall very happy with our house from Clarendon.

The whole experience was quite straight forward and any issues were resolved quickly and efficiently. Our sales guy was great as well as our SS.
We are loving our new house
Only time communication lacked was between signing the contract and then attending the colours studio. It was told to us we need finance in place before visiting the colour studio yet you really have no choice but to add more variations after colours which cost $$$. That was probably the most disappointing part of our journey from the csc.

Construction End DateApril 2019

Process made easy!

From the beginning of our journey with our sales consultant, through to the customer service team to the excellent Site Manager we could not be more happy with the end result.

We found the workmanship was to the professional standard we expected and our site Manager went above and beyond to make sure any imperfection was taken care of.

In regards to cost it actually came in a little cheaper than first estimated.

Would have no hesitation in building again with the team.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Perfection

We had a wonderful experience working with Katerina Spasenovska, having her on our journey building our dream house was so much easier. Very professional and I can highly recommend her service. It was such a perfect decision building with Clarendon.

This is perfect!!!

The pre-construction journey has been complicated as first time building a own house. However, all staff in Clarendon are very helpful and welling to solve problems to make your through this journey. Response effectively within a time manner and very helpful with their recommendations. I will be considering to build my next house with Clarendon with no doubt.

Build StagePre-Construction

Pre-construction (incl electrical selection staff) flawless

The pre-construction process has been flawless. The staff involved (especially my Customer Service Consultant & Electrical Consultant) have been attentive, supportive & professional in all my dealings with Clarendon. Thank you for your help

Build StagePre-Construction

As our first home, Clarendon is the Perfect builder for us. A smooth pre-construction journey. Everyone was really helpful starting from our New home consultant, Studio manager, and to their customer service consultant.