Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Coles Home & Contents Insurance Questions & Answers

27 questions from our users

Patricia Silcock

Patricia Silcockasked

I have Coles home & contents insurance cover & it’s due for renewal 30/5/20.
I would like to please find out how much the renewal is going to cost, & I would like to amend a few items, I would like to remove specified contents inside the home please. 2nd our home currently has a mortgage on it with ME bank. 3rd our home was built in 1998 & not 2002. 4th excess on building please go up to 1,000 & contents to $250 & not $500.
Policy COHO-6146-5847
Kind regards Patricia Silcock

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Patricia, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we're unable to access our valued customers accounts for privacy reasons. To check your coverage, modify your cover and renew, we recommend logging into our Insurance Service Centre by visiting https://general-insurance.coles.com.au/mycolesinsurance/login

Marianne W.

Marianne W.asked

I have a house and contents policy that I wish to cancel because I sold my house. But would like to take out a new one for my new house. I will not move till the 30th April and its in a new property in a over 50th village. Please contact me about this matter. ASAP

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Marianne, thanks for getting in touch. Regretfully, we're unable to call you via this platform. To access your account and make changes, please login to your Insurance Service Centre. Alternatively, please email our Insurance Team via homeinsurance@coles.com.au - as they'd be best placed to assist.

Aline H.

Aline H.asked

I would like a quote for house and content insurance

Shirley
Shirley

We have had our contents & car insurance with Coles for many years & have found them very competitive in price with our companies. Our house insurance is covered as we live in a retirement village. Fortunately the only claim we have had to make was a small one for our car. We would highly recommend Coles insurance to you..

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Aline, thanks for getting in touch. We're excited to learn that you're interested in obtaining insurance through us. For a quote, please visit: https://general-insurance.coles.com.au/home-insurance/your-home?ctype=HomeNCon and follow the promts.

Vicki G.

Vicki G.asked

My sister lives in the uk cancelled her coles home insurance in 4 feb 2020 and your still taking out payments from her bank account she has been trying to contact someone to help get a refund to no success who do we contact please vicki

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Vicki, thanks for raising your concern. We're sorry to hear this. Rest assured, we are working around the clock to get our call centres back to full strength and thank you for your patience and support. In the meantime, we recommend your sister emails our Customer Support Team via homeinsurance@coles.com.au.

Shirley Breckenridge

Shirley Breckenridgeasked

I have home contents insurance with you but I cant find the policy no and it needs to b paid

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Shirley, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. You should be able to find this information on one of the emails we've sent you. You can pay your renewal online by navigating to: https://financialservices.coles.com.au/insurance/insurance-customer-hub. Alternatively, you may need to call our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Trevor B.

Trevor B.asked

how can i view my home/contents and car policies on line

Brad
Brad

Head over to the link below and log in. https://general-insurance.coles.com.au/mycolesinsurance/login

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Trevor, thanks for getting in touch. If you have any questions about your policy, please call us on 1300 265 374 and we'd be happy to help.

John S

John Sasked

I just received a policy renewal and the premium has increased by 25% while the building replacement cost went up by 10% and the contents by 3.8%. When I questioned why such a big increase and how do the maths work. I was given a common spell that Coles had re-assessed the post code risk. Really! We have loved there for 19 years and never a problem. Please explain.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi John, we regularly review the premiums our customers pay to ensure they reflect the cost of protecting your house. If you’d like to understand more about how insurance prices are calculated, please visit: www.coles.com.au/insurance-prices-explained. If you’d like to chat further, we recommend calling us on 1300 265 374.

Mahalingam R.

Mahalingam R.asked

How to send private message?

Ken

Can I claim for water damage in my ceilings

deniseasked

how much for$60000 contents only and accidental cover

please

Paul Scholes
Paul Scholes

Denise, get a Coles quote then get a woolworths quote, I did and saved $300 with Woolies,Cole's have also lost our 2 car insurance to woolies, Cole's,you are getting expensive

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Denise, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend that you contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 as they'll be best suited to assist you further.

GAYAasked

Help! hELP!

Last Friday I have lost all my precious jewellery worth of 15k. We are a premium coles Insurance member FOR 2 YEARS and paying regualrly. Please help us we are in deep trouble. Someone broken our house through back door and taken all precious valuable items. My Insurance ID is COL191573353..Call centre not aware of our situation even if I explain. Please some higher manager call me asap. We mentioned that 15k jewellery and based on that only we lodged insurance. Now they are telling we cant provide it.

GAYA

Posted 5 days ago ,, still no reply..

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gaya, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear this and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, contact number and policy number?

Tammie S

Tammie Sasked

Are my solar panels covered in my building insurance?

ROBBIER 66

ROBBIER 66asked

My policy # COHO88971424 Why cant it be found?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear this, Robbier. If you'd like this followed up further, please send us a private message with your full name, contact number and claims details.

Bob

Bobasked

Dear Sir/Madam,

The premium for home and contents policy renewal COHO-5000-3434 year 2018 has been increased by 11.5%
I've compared my previous insurance policy and found the building and contents sum insured already has been increased by 7% (without my permission).
Can I get the renewal policy the same as current?
Would you mind not to change the renewal policy without my approval?

Kind regards

Boris

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Boris, we consider many factors when setting our pricing – including claims history. If you’d like to private message us your contact details, we’ll see what we can do.

Kenasked

Hi

I have taken a Coles Home and Content Insurance (CHCI), but after reading these reviews, I am confused what Coles covers within the CHCI , may I request the representative of Coles Insurance to be transparent in this Product Review site and advice readers with answers and information instead of asking people to contact privately etc.

Questions:

1. Please provide a summary of what is covered and not covered under CHCI and

2. How some one could get out of the insurance - how much of the premium is lost?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ken, thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us. Due to the nature of Insurance policies, cover can differ based on the products purchased. For this reason, we recommend contacting our Customer Care Team directly on 1300 265 374 as they will be best able to assist you with your queries.

Andy
Andy

Dear Ken
You only have to read the reviews on Coles insurance customers to see it does not matter what their policy reads, many including my self have made legitimate claims only to experienced the shonky tactics used by Coles insurance not to pay out.,
Can u imagine what would happen if something really major happens to your house and unknowingly not realising your insurance company won’t pay up, I was very close to that happening to my family home,
As far as leaving a private message to Coles insurance with your details, is a load of garbage as well, you will not get a response , their message responding to a review requesting your information is simply all show no action.,
They don’t want to pay out is the bottom line.
Message for all customers are you sure your house is insured? Simply because you have paid Coles policy.!!! Think again

Ps and by the way the response you got from Coles asking you to contact customer care.,!! You will find most likely they are very nice to you.,,,, up until they take your money to pay for the policy after that.,, s..t,,!! You will not have a claim accepted
Just read all the reviews before insuring with Coles.,

Stan

Stanasked

What does the contents insurance cover?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We'd recommend giving our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 265 374 and they'll be able to assist you with your enquiry.

John

Not very much according to feedback that people have left .

Alby

Albyasked

Is coles home & contents insurance auto renewable ? Does coles buiding & contents Plus cover demolition costs in case of major fire ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Alby, thanks for getting in touch. So we can follow this up with you directly, can you please contact us on 1300 265 374?

J A

J Aasked

Hi has anyone had experience with Coles home insurance?

RP
RP

Yes it is cheaper than other but in need they disappear. I have put my insurance claim for last 3 months and they haven't completed the assessment.

Corrie
Corrie

yes, we've had a terrible experience trying to claim with them. Took over a month with lots of miscommunication and lack of support to get a small claim. They also would not cover us for damage from cyclone Debbie. She did not even listen to me, just cut me off saying that they don't cover retaining walls. Their customer service centre is not located in Australia and their representatives have poor English skills.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for getting in touch. Please give us a call on 1300 265 374 and we'll be more than happy to discuss this with you! :)

Chris Spice

Chris Spiceasked

Is it legal to charge two excesses for theft and damage to property when I had paid for Coles Landlord Insurance that are not explained on the product disclosure statement as per 30/11/2016 ?
Chris Spice
spicefirstnamechris@yahoo.com.au

crickit
crickit

hi Chris! my understanding is that because ur insured for 2 different events (theft and damage) they are treated as separate claims even tho they occurred at the same time. yr policy excess was '$300 per event- . . that's why u were charged 2 X $300. hope this helps

Katie

Katieasked

We have cracks and bulges in our fibreglass pool, we are covered for this due to flooding, but Coles said it might be declined because of wear and tear. Anyone else had similar experience? We think the damage was caused due to water escaping and pool lifting as the pressure outside was more than inside, hope someone can ease our minds, can't afford the repairs if claim rejected, Allan

dana
dana

I have heard of insurance companies not covering damage to house caused by rain water because they say roof had wear and tear and needs upgrading

Johnasked

my air con is not working due to an electrical surge which damaged the compressor. Will Coles standard insurance policy cover me. I have both contents and building insurance with them ?

John

good news, Coles are sending over an electrician to verify the damage. Because there were server storms and power outage, i think they might just cover the damage. Very stressful process.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives