DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

jaks500

jaks500asked

I have ECAM 650.75

It does not making Foam after Descaling Phase and after I made Factory reset
I clean everything in it and it still the same The Foam Phase 60% of it do not getting any milk just blows of water the rest of the Foam Milk Phase works after, i had this problem only after i made factory reset
i need some help please.!

Hi Jaks500,
If the milk carafe isn't working properly there could be a small milk particle obstructing it.
To clear this out you will have to take every part of the milk container off; the long clear tube on the bottom, the side nozzle in which the milk comes out of, and the froth dial at the front which you will need to turn to insert and then it will pull out.
Once you have taken all of these pieces off, place the smaller pieces in the container and place soap and hot water in the container to soak. Then with the hole at the top of the milk carafe where the froth dial would be, pour hot water down there, doing this step will ensure any milk particle will disappear.

If you need further help, we offer a live demo session with one of our coffee experts. This is done via zoom and is one-on-one. The link to book in is below:

Lê D.

Lê D.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MS

What is the differences between ECAM650.75 and ECAM650.85 (except they have only 2 kind of the drinks is Cold Coffee and Cold Milk). Many thanks

Jussi K.
Jussi K.

.75 is a discontinued version, and comparing the specs does not do cold coffees or hot chocolate. Otherwise they look the same. I have the .85, been using it for 6 months now and happy with the purchase.

Reamonn Ticknerasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

My PrimaDonna Elite, has a problem with the position of the brew cartridge at the end of the cycle, it finishes up in a vertical position under the grinds shute instead of in the diagonal position that enables it to be removed for cleaning. I finally got the cartridge out by pulling the power when it was in the diagonal position but it was a difficult job. Do I need to get this looked at or can the cycle be reset somehow?

Hi Reamonn,
When the machine is on the brewing unit will be at an upright position ready to make a coffee.
To get it into the diagonal position you will need to turn the machine off at the power button on the top and let the machine go through the whole rinse cycle. If the machine is turned off at the back or power outlet then the brewing unit will stay at an upright position, same if the machine hasn't gone through the full rinse cycle.

Reamonn Tickner

Thank you so much, I did this and all is well. I suspect that I turned the power off at the wall socket before the machine had finished its shutdown cycle. I am sorry to have bothered you!

Antonio

Antonioasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

How to see how many coffees you made

Hi Antonio,
You will need to go into the settings and scroll through the pages till you come to Statistic, were you will find how many black coffees, how many white coffees etc etc

Davidaw

Davidawasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

I bought the DeLonghi BellaDonna elits on the 2nd January this year. Our water hardness is set to 1 as per the test result. It asked us to descale, so we did and now the milk frother is not sucking any milk up. We followed the service advice (Phoned customer service) and it is not fixed.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Davidaw, what did the customer service team advice you should do?

Noura H.
Noura H.

I have the same issue after every descale, the nozzle that u attach the milk carafe to is somehow blocked after the descale so i attach the water spout to the nozzle and deliver some steam till I fix the problem.
I also put water in the milk carafe and try it till it works properly
It takes a couple of days to fix it but it works
BTW I find customers complaining about this problem on each Delonghi group but they never tell u what to do

Peter B.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

How do I program more than 250ml of coffee?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Peter, we have attached a how-to video on customising coffees on your machine.
If you cup/mug is too large for the coffee being made, you can customise your cup for 2 seperate coffee shots to fill your cup up.

Peter B.

Thanks I will have to do in two shots by the looks.

Mikeasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

I can't seem to download the app, it says not available in my country when I try. This was one of the main reasons I bought the machine. What do I do ? [email address removed]

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Mike, which country do you live in?

Kenya

Hi Mike,
Unfortunately this site is run by Delonghi Australia so we won't be able to help you from here. But if you give the nearest Delonghi a call they will be able to help you further.

Norm S.

Norm S.asked

Norm S.
I have a Delonghi ECAM 650 55ms machine, during the descale cycle we had a power loss. Now the machine will not finish the descale cycle and keeps asking to refill the container to MAX and just keeps rinsing.
Have tried a number of times and have rinsed 4 times still will not finish. The only way I can stop it is to turn the machine off at the on/off switch on the machine. When i turn it back on it asks for descale, i can use it if i press ESC but the yellow emblem is there permanently.

Is there any way I can reset this or do I need to service the machine.

bvr
bvr

I am now having the same problem, although not after any power outage. My machine is only a few months old too. I wonder if it's a firmware issue, I didn't have this problem with my last descale.

Marius
Marius

Did you find any solution to this continues rise cycle? Mine does this as well.

Hi Norm S,
We are sorry your experiencing this, yes there is a way of resetting your machine which is in the menu section, but this is to reset to factory settings and will delete all setting you have made except for the language. You can direct message us your contact details and we will have someone from Customer Service ring you to troubleshoot or you can ring them direct on 1800 126 659

Alan

Alanasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MS

How can i create a strong coffee with 270ml coffee plus foam/milk? There seems to be a limit of 250ml and the max aroma setting doesn't add enough coffee beans for the strength. I'd like strength equivalent to double espresso. On my old Magnifica i had an option for 2x coffees which created the right amount of coffee but how do i do it on the Elite ajd automatically add the milk?

Hi Alan,
Have you tried the Double Cappuccino, in the menu it will have 2 bean & a plus (+) sign.
This Double Capp is set at a double strong shot, and even though it is called a Double Capp if you move your milk carafe dial to the middle setting you will create a Double Latte. You can also create a coffee based on this drink through the Coffee Link app. Let us know how you go so that we can help you further if needed.

Ibrahim D.

Ibrahim D.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

Hi I have primadonna S EVO and when am preparing latte the milk is not coming out from the tank properly comes out high temperature steam how can I make the milk comes out normally again?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Ibrahim, is it only coming out as steam? This could indicate that the milk carafe is not cleaned properly so there is a slight blockage. Below is a how-to video on cleaning the milk carafe:

If it is coming out only hotter but still a good milk flow, you can decrease the temperature in the settings.

CATHERINE

CATHERINEasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

My new (3 months old) Elite is reminding me after 2 weeks to descale. From the getgo only 2 weeks from buying it required descaling . It makes only 4 cups of coffee per day I only use filtered water. It is my second elite machine so I very aware of the product; the old machine was set to descale about every 3 months
How do I alter the time frame for descale reminder.. Cathy N

CherylDeLonghi

Hi Catherine, Thanks so much for your question. There is a water hardness setting in the machine that needs to be changed. IF you have it on the hardest setting that the machine comes default it will ask you to decale the most often according to that setting and the amount of coffees you make. As you are using filtered water change the water hardness to number 1 and the machine will ask you less often. Please don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Mariam O.

Mariam O.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

It keeps saying insert water spout

Michael
Michael

Hi, I have had my machine for 2 months, and when using the Steam function, it stops halfway the through the cycle, sometimes its starts and stops straight away, any suggestions ?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Mariam, are you setting up your machine? Then yes you will need to insert your water spout and then fill the water circuits :)

Hi Michael, it could be that the pressure in the steam wand is off and creating it to pop off. If it is that then you will need to get a repairer to look at your machine. Either DIRECT message us with your contact details and we will organise our customer service team to contact you or alternately ring Delonghi direct on 1800 126 659 :)

Liz M.

Liz M.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

My coffees seem to be coming out Luke warm. I have the prima Donna elite. I have changed the setting on machine to extra hot and nothing. When I’m in the app creating my personalized coffee it only shows low and won’t let me change the setting. How can I have a hotter coffee

john smith
john smith

sorry i have the same problem. i have set it to extra hot and it makes no difference at all.

Hi Liz and John,
There are a few tips on getting your coffee hotter.
1. Make sure the temperature setting is set to HIGH, if it is set to MAX it means the machine will heat up quicker but it is not the hottest heat setting.
2. Make sure the energy saving mode is off. This is a European requirement so in Australia we do not need it and once you turn this off, the machine will heat up by 30%.
3. Make sure when making a coffee to use the Cappuccino Mix recipe. This is an Australian style of coffee and it is a hotter coffee. It should come out coffee first and then milk. When making/customising we would suggest around 40% coffee and 60% milk to get the best heat/flavour for your coffee, but you can customise this coffee to however you like, so you can make it into a Latte or Flat White ect.

Sheila A.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

Machine is now about 19 months old and its seems the grinder is not grinding well and coffee comes out like water almost even with changing settings. Is there a way to check and clean the grinder?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Sheila, what is your grind setting on? This is located within the bean container.
Also try cleaning out your brewing unit as this could affect the coffee coming out. Make sure the machine is fully turned off, then behind the water tank there is a door and within that door is the brewing unit. When cleaning only use cold water and no soap, then shake dry and place it back in wet.

Sheila A.

Hi, I do maintenance once a month with scaling and brew unit twice a month. Change water filter when machine tells me
The grind is around 3 and I have tried different settings and makes no difference.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Sheila, try changing the grind size to 1. You will have to grind the coffee when changing this dial and make around 5 coffees for the grinder to change it's size to your new setting, otherwise there won't be a change in the coffee because the grinder has not changed enough.
Also, have you checked your water hardness? Depending on how soft your water is you should't have to descale every month.

Dan

Danasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

Our Prima Donna Elite is a few years old. We always do the cleaning and descaling as required. Lately though, the descaling alert does not reset after the descaling is done. Is there some way to reset it?

Hi Dan,
There is a default button within your settings menu, this will default everything but the language back to factory settings. You will need to reset the rest of your settings again such as Water Hardness. If this fails to reset your machine so your descale light stops, please direct message us your contact details and we will have customer service organise a service for your machine.

Liz Vasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

Hi, I was wondering how often a service is required on the machine. Ours is less than 12 months old and is in being serviced under warranty due to the milk frother /steamer having very little output or pressure. The company are now saying no fault is detected but it is now showing it needs descaling. This seems unlikely as we descaled and cleaned the diffuser not long before taking the machine in for it's warranty service. Why would this show so soon after recently being descaled? They have advised they can carry out a service on the machine for a $165 fee. It includes a descale, grinder and diffuser service and retest. The machine is otherwise functioning well. So I am curious to know if this is necessary. Thanks, Liz

Hi Liz,
Can you please let us know who you had the service with? With regard to the descale go into the settings menu and check that the Water Hardness setting has been set correctly and not changed to Level 4, which will ask you to descale every 4 to 6 weeks. As for the grinder if this is working correctly I would not touch it, and you should be cleaning the diffuser (or brewing unit) every month as per the manual, if this has been missed here is a HowTo video showing you what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNL6d1KWHqQ&t=2s

Liz V

Thanks for replying, the machine is with QCMS as advised by DeLonghi. We have been cleaning the diffuser but it wasn't soaked as the video recommends and was not every month, so it is likely to be a bit dirty inside the unit. We decided to have them service the machine while they have it but we are not sure if this is meant to be something we have to get done regularly or whether our own regular cleaning is sufficient.

Hi Liz,
A regular service on this machine is not required but if you do wish to get it serviced regularly that is fine too :)
If you do not wish to service regularly we would suggest cleaning your machine on a regular basis. I have attached a how-to video explaining every part on the machine that needs to be cleaned. Hope this helps.

Bobasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

The water tank on my Primadonna Elite is sticking and is difficult to remove. I don't want to force it too much. Any ideas?

Hi Bob,
The water tank should move easily, if your having trouble it could mean that the water tank is not sitting correctly on the track for it to slide in and out.

It could also mean you have the removable lid the wrong way inserted. The deep side is at the front.

Bob

I have checked the track and the lid, all are sitting OK. It became apparent after a descale.

Lara C.

Lara C.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

Hi good morning.. our newest primadona elite does not dispense coffee or water and ask insert water spout how to do it? Thank you

Hi Lara,
It sounds like the machine has not been set up yet. Here is a how-to video on setting up your machine for the first time.

Elsieasked

Hi
can you tell me why my milk is not frothing as much as it did when I first bought my machine? Machine is 15 months old. I have the milk dispenser on the frothiest cappuccino setting and it's not as frothy as it was some months ago.
NB - I clean my milk container on a weekly basis.

Shortysgirl

Have you changed your brand of milk? Have you cleaned the uptake tube? My best guess is maybe milk brand some froth better than others

Elsie

maybe I'll try a different milk brand as I clean the tube regularly too. Thanks.

Stormflyasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

Hi we have completed a descale and all was good. 3 coffees later it’s saying to descale again. Can we cancel the message? We followed all the steps correctly

Shortysgirl

Go into the tools menu and change water settings

Stormfly

Thankyou. We had originally done our adjustments based on our filtered water being put into the machine but after the descale it set itself to very hard water. We have adjusted it back That has resolved our problem. And cleared the descale request

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650