Maytronics Dolphin M500

115 questions from our users

nick

nickasked

Hello,

I have a M500 which l purchased 1 year ago and its stopped going all the way up the walls (cermaic tiles). I did leave the M500 in the pool for over a week by accident and l have noticed the wonderbrush foam roller does break down when l rub my fingers over it. Could this be the problem? I have already checked the water balance and scrubbed the walls in trying to solve the problem but this didnt help.
Nick

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Nick. Maytronics robots are designed to maintain a clean pool and general pool maintenance is still required for a pool to remain in its most optimum condition. When a robot is experiencing difficulty in climbing, it may be due to the filter cartridges may be dirty or clogged and if so, it may affect the robot’s ability to climb as they become heavier and are unable to correctly filter water. The filters are able to be soaked in cartridge cleaner or a mild dishwashing detergent and warm water to assist in the removal of in-grained debris. Algae can be on the pool surface before it is visible with the eye. Build up on the walls and/or slope of the pool can also prevent your Dolphin from climbing properly. If your unit is attempting to climb but slipping and sliding on the wall as it does so, try brushing the walls down manually to loosen any build up. The Dolphin should then be able to grip these surfaces and maintain them on its own, going forward. Water chemistry levels, such as chlorine and pH, that are out of recommended range can prohibit the unit from climbing to the waterline. This is due to the surface becoming slippery and thus, rendering the robot unable to gain the grip / traction required to climb. Brushes are a consumable part and do wear over time. If your brushes have started to wear, this may also be a contributing factor to the robot's climbing and may require replacement. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance.

Bryan

Bryanasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

how do i replace the middle brushes?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Bryan. To replace the Active Brush, we recommend an authorised dealer to do so due to the smaller parts that hold it in place. If you'd like to locate your closest dealer for further guidance, please visit us https://book.mydolphin.com.au/find-a-dealer. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information.

R Simonsasked

Dolphin M500

Do you have dealer in Belgium?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi R Simons. We have reached out to our colleagues that look after Europe to understand as to whether there is a dealer in Belgium. Once a response is received, we will advise.

Thanks! Regards Ronny

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ronny. Our colleagues have advised that we do indeed have distributors in Belgium. Please email your contact email address to customercareau@maytronics.com and we will arrange for you to be contacted to locate the closest distributor or dealer.

Steven Jenningsasked

Dolphin M500

my m500 turns on impeller starts and water flows but then immediately shuts off. repressing the power button it does same again. i check impeller for hair or debris lodged or wrapped around impeller. nothing found appears to be track not moving but there is nothing clogged or lodged in the track. Any help?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your inquiry Steve. Are you available to call our Customer Care Team on 1300693657 Option 2 as there a number of things we can go through to get your Dolphin running beautifully again.

Steven Jennings

business hours? i've tried unplugging from wall plug, disconnected from power unit all for 30 mins turned upside down. never goes into test mode. also, the unit turns on impeller starts but when unit attempts to move power unit shuts down as if loss if power.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Steven. Our Customer Care Team is available between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. We are also able to be contacted via email to customercareau@maytronics.com if this is a better suited method of communication. Once we are able to confirm the troubleshooting that has been completed, we will then be able to look into the next steps so that we can have your robot back up and running to full functionality.

Rick Lerette

Rick Leretteasked

Dolphin M500

Why did you discontinue the M500 Supreme ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rick. The Dolphin Supreme M500 has not been discontinued. It is a current, in-market robot and is available for purchase at several authorized dealers across Australia. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any further enquiries.

Rick Lerette

Rick Leretteasked

Dolphin M500

Do I need to charge battery pack before use ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rick. The Dolphin M500 is not a battery operated cleaner and does not require any form of charging prior to use. Its power supply connects directly into a power socket. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance. Have a great day.

Ken Lau

Ken Lauasked

Dolphin M500

How much is the price ? Can send it to Hong Kong? The power is 220~230V in Hong Kong .
Thank you so much !

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ken. The Dolphin M500 has a recommended retail price of A$26970. If you would like us to connect you with a dealer in Hong Kong, please send us your details (name, email address, contact number and location) to customerareau@maytronics.com and we will forward them to our colleagues in South East Asia to assist.

Ali

Aliasked

Dolphin M500

My dolphin m500 is only cleaning the middle 1/3 of the pool.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ali. When a robot is missing parts of a pool, it is recommended to ensure that the robot enough slack in the cable to reach the entire pool. It is also recommended to try starting the cycle at a different location as the Dolphin’s scanning pattern will take it in a different path every time. We also recommend a full water test for all chemistry levels to be checked and the pool balanced as required. Any build up on the surfaces of the missed areas might also be preventing the Dolphin from being able to efficiently clean them. For this, brush the surfaces down manually, and the unit should then be able to maintain them on its own. If the above does not resolve the problem, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com.

Peter S.

Peter S.asked

Cleaner won’t climb walls
Pool is fully tiled

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Peter. Apologies for the late reply. A robot may not climb if the filters are dirty or clogged and also (at times), when the ultra-fine filters are fitted to the robot. As the ultra-fine filters are a smaller micron size then the net filters, water does not filter through as easily. Robots may also experience difficulty climbing if the pH level and/or other water chemistry levels are outside of recommended range. We recommend a full water test and a manual brush down of the surfaces to address this. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Clive B.
Clive B.

My M500 is the same, only climbs the walls in the 1st 5 mins after cleaning filters, then it just loses grip and bumps into the wall until it gives up and proceeds to the next part of the cycle. Using foam rollers on tiled pool, chemistry is checked and within range, filters are clean. Very annoyed $2600 poorer user!

Timothy T.

Timothy T.asked

Dolphin M500

The weekly timer no longer functions. When it gets to the set time it waits one minute without starting up then says it will turn on the next day at that time. When I tell it via the app to turn on it will. Just the timer function won't work. It used to work for a few weeks. This was the main reason I purchased this unit.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Timothy. Could you please contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 at your earliest convenience? We will then be able to further discuss what is happening with your robot and its weekly timer function.

Barry

Barryasked

Dolphin M500

Hi, I have purchased replacement tracks for my dolphin supreme M5 which had to come off a M500 on display in the pool shop. My model was purchased in 2012. Even allowing for stretching, it is impossible to fit the new ones. Are these tracks the same length?
Thanks for any confirmation, Barry

Hi Barry,

The track on a display unit is shorter than a usual track and is not suited for normal use. This is why it will not fit onto your Supreme M5. We recommend purchasing a new track as this will fit your robot.

Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance

Skip

Skipasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi, have completed a. quick test and one side does not run one direction but runs for the 10 secs the other way, the other side all good. Does this mean that the circuit board may have a fault? The reason I ask is when the unit is in the pool after a period of time the unit just turns in one direction in circles as the crawler on the faulty side is not turning. the unit is a Supreme M5 4 years old.
Thanks Steve

Snifer
Snifer

Reason for this is with time the holders of the underneath white brush getting worn off. Easy Test is try rotating the brushes by hand manually and they should rotate. If they are not rotating freely you got a problem them. Call the help line and they will help you. When this happened to mine I called them and they sent the replacement parts which I replaced myself as it was easy. Best of luck......

Hi Steve,

Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com so that we can gather further information and understand more in depth what you are experiencing. We will then do our best to assist you.

Thank you.

Jo16

Jo16asked

Dolphin M500

Hi, we have been given a dolphin m5 second hand for our new fibreglass pool. Our M5 will not go up the sides of our pool. It tries but then doesn’t seem to get any grip and gives up. Will the pvc rollers help? or are there other reasons it wont go up the sides. Thanks

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, if you can please call Maytronics on 1300 693 657 we will glad provide product support. The foam rollers (we call them Wonder Brushes) provide better grip and should be used for fibreglass pools.

JCB

JCBasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

My nearly three year old M500 has suddenly stopped working. Connector module ("reset" and "test" buttons) could be the culprit as "Test" button is now jammed. Is this likely to be the cause or is there another potential problem? How much is a replacement connector?
JC-Bellbowrie

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi JCB, if it is just under 3 years old, you will be cover by warranty for a replacement part. Please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will help you out. If you can please also get your serial number ready that would make it easier. It is located on the inside of the chassis.

ColRasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

When I connect the App to my M500 it gives me the incorrect date for the next clean. I’ve deleted the app and re-installed it. Also power cycled the main unit. Can you assist?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will connect you with customer service tech who can help.

Ella bache floral oil

Ella bache floral oilasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have just changed the foam rollers on my M5. It is now moving again, but only in circles... help.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, your best option is to call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 so we can provide some technical support.

Kate

Kateasked

Dolphin M500

Hi, I have a Dolphin Supreme M5, the tracks kept coming off after a few minutes of running. I took it to my local pool shop who are an authorised Dolphin dealer (Vic, Australia). They serviced it, couldn’t see a problem but replaced the tracks. It worked for a day and now one track is coming off. Any advice?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Kate, the best option is call us at Maytronoics on 1300 693 657, your call will divert to our closest branch, please ask to speak with a service technician and they will run through some options to help troubleshoot this and get you back up and running in no time.

Andrea
Andrea

Under Australian Consumer Law you are well protected. A product must be fit for purpose. If it is not you are entitled to full refund.

theclutch

theclutchasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have an M500 and it appears to be getting unreliable after the warranty expiration. The power supply button light will turn on, but the other lights (over 1, 2 and 3) will not turn on. Consequently, the robot would not turn on. I took it back to my dealer who first diagnosed it as a bad cable issue (although no dogs to bite the cable, no tears, or visible breaks). The unit performed as normal for about 2 months. Then it stopped working again. Again, a diagnosis of a bad cable (this is at $300 per cable). Less than 1 month later, it will not turn on again. The power button light will turn on, the 3 blue lights will flash twice and then all lights turn off within about 3 seconds. So is this the power supply this time? I'm almost at the point of spending the same amount of money in repairs as buying a whole new unit.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 so we can help work out exactly what is happening with your cleaner. We would gladly have a look at your Dolphin to give you the best advice.

Tom
Tom

I am having the exact same issue after 30 days!

Finn S

Finn Sasked

Do you have a dealer in Denmark? I want to Bay Dolphin M500 to My pool

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, we can recommend you to two businesses in Demark:
1) Aquatech - www.aquatec-dk.com/ (located in Fensten)
2) Welldana - www.welldana.com (located in Esbjerg)

JohnC

JohnCasked

Dolphin M500

what is the best most reliable pool cleaner?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi John, We have a range of reliable Dolphin options to suit all pool types. All are very reliable. Product selection in most cases comes down to features and budget. You can find the best model for your pool on this web link: www.mydolphin.com.au/which-model-is-right-for-you/. Or if you prefer please call Maytronics on 1300 693 657 to talk with our friendly customer service staff who can help.

ColR

Of all the pool cleaners I have had, the M500 is by far the best. Hope this helps

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives