2Dyson Hot+Cool AM04

Noise Level

Denise K.
Denise K.3 posts

doesn't cool 8x10 room after 2 hours of being on

turned on cold air 2 hours ago in my bed room it's on 10 the highest setting and my room is like a sauna 10x12 room should be cool or cold by now please advise Show details
anil1955
anil1955AU25 posts
  AM04

Caught fire, found it is on Recall list AM04 Received Free Replacement Excellent Customer Service

Recall AM04
Thank you for registering your heater to be fixed. Here’s what happens next:
1. We’ll send you a box for your heater – so don’t worry if you haven’t got the one it came in. This box may take several days to arrive.
2. Once you’ve received it, pack your heater in the box. There will be instructions inside the box that will tell you how to return your heater to us.
3. We’ll fix your machine, give it a full service and clean it. We’ll then deliver it back to you with a new 2 year guarantee covering parts and labour.
Just so you’ve got a record, here are your details:
I registered on 19th February 2020. Sent 3 reminders, Called once but no response!
Still waiting for replacement.
Can you help please.
Thank you. Show details ·  1
Noise Level
Georgia
GeorgiaHobart, TAS2 posts

Dyson Hot & cool

Absolute waste of money the heater worked fine prior to the recall after the recall it hardly blew any hot air I've had to buy another heater to replace the lethargic output of the Dyson I spent over $500 for a heater that is no better than the much cheaper sunbeam heater I bought at least that blows hot air and has a nice airflow unlike the lethargic Dyson would I buy another Dyson NO would I recommend it NO totally disappointed

Matthew
Matthew8 posts

Dyson Loud + Expensive

Honestly the Dyson Hot+Cool is way too pricey for what it does.

YES it does blow heated air and cooled air but it is quite weak, if you put it on a stronger setting then it becomes incredibly noisy.

The only good thing about it is that the actual product does not get hot so there is no way to burn yourself or others.

Janice
Janice
  AM04

If it only lasted more then a year

I brought my heater one year ago today. When i Took it out of the original box to use for the 2nd time and it will not blow hot air. I hope Dyson either replaces it or they fix it at no cost. Not satisfied with this product at all.

Natalia M
Natalia MAU
  Verified AM04

This is perfect!

It saved our lives and health during this winter. Very efficient, modern design and so quiet. Moreover, the timer function is very useful as you don't have to worry about going to sleep and turning it off. I would recommend it to everyone who likes nice gadgets and care about good-looking interior.

Ashley
AshleySydney8 posts

Love it

I love this cools down my lounge room in summer and keeps it nice and warm during winter the power is amazing it's very quite what I love unless you have it all the way up it's so easy to use very light to move around the house functions very well love it want to upgrade to the newer ones

356nut
356nutGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC22 posts
Goose
GooseSydney9 posts

Fabulous Heater and Fan

Love this fan. Very stylish, works as advertised. Newer models are quieter but I still find the AM04 a big improvement over a conventional fan as far as noise goes. As far as cooling goes, well it's a fan so it cools as well as any fan can, but it's not an air conditioner. Heating is excellent, at least in smallish room. Not cheap but definitely feels well made, solid high quality plastics, handy little remote control that is curved and magnetised to sit on the top of the unit.

Ben
Ben
  AM04

This product does NOT blow cool air

Just to be very clear... this is a 'fan' that has a heat element. It does NOT blow air any cooler than current room temperature. Dyson has marketed this product very cleverly to allude that it blows "cool air" as you would expect from an Airconditioner. It doesn't. If you're looking for a heater + 'fan' only then you'll be satisfied with your purchase. Don't be fooled (like me).

Denise
Denise

Disappointed

Not fussed about the noise, don't notice how loud it is until you turn it off. It doesn't throw out much heat. Would never buy another dyson as so disappointed. seems to blow out barely warm air. I still need to have a blanket on me. Complete Waste of money.

nita
nitaDee Why9 posts
  AM04

For the price tag it is a waste of money

Heating is ok, it heats a small room but the cooling is absolute terrible even in a very small room you have to stand right ontop of it, to feel it and does nothing to cool the room down. I would not waste my money, we have a cheap fan from Bunnings that does the job. Very very disappointed that we wasted our money on this product.

Citykiwi
Citykiwi2 posts

Temperature?

I find this heater/fan good and fast at heating, one question however is the electronic temp settings, it seems the sensor is in the bottom of the unit, meaning to set, at say, 22 degrees, the unit will not shut down until floor level is at 22, meaning living level in the room reaches 27! The heater temp setting therefore is not the room temp!

Annie
AnnieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Very disappointing

I have purchased a few Dyson products over the years and I've been happy with them (the vacuums) - so I was willing to spend the considerable sum for the fan/heater. The fan is SO disappointing - it's really weak - I've had much better results with a cheap $20 fan (just not as pretty). I contacted Dyson and I can take it in to their service center, but I know there's nothing wrong with it - it's just not a great product. I'm not the first person who has said it. I've heard the heat works well. But really for that price!! I should have read the reviews before - but I just trusted the product.I would so not recommend buying this product. Really not great.

nicky
nicky5 posts

Disappointed with cooling

I complained to Dyson about the cooling which is useless, my cheap $10 fan does as well. The heating is very good. I expected more for an almost $700 fan Dyson would not do any thing about it. Would not recommend. Thought I would get more help from the company As I have bought other products from Dyson.