Dyson Hot+Cool AM04

Dyson Hot+Cool AM04

Dyson Hot & cool

Absolute waste of money the heater worked fine prior to the recall after the recall it hardly blew any hot air I've had to buy another heater to replace the lethargic output of the Dyson I spent over $500 for a heater that is no better than the much cheaper sunbeam heater I bought at least that blows hot air and has a nice airflow unlike the lethargic Dyson would I buy another Dyson NO would I recommend it NO totally disappointed

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Georgia, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson Hot+Cool machine. This isn't the performance we would expect from one of our machines. For assistance, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Dyson Loud + Expensive

Honestly the Dyson Hot+Cool is way too pricey for what it does.
YES it does blow heated air and cooled air but it is quite weak, if you put it on a stronger setting then it becomes incredibly noisy.
The only good thing about it is that the actual product does not get hot so there is no way to burn yourself or others.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

If it only lasted more then a year.

I brought my heater one year ago today. When i Took it out of the original box to use for the 2nd time and it will not blow hot air. I hope Dyson either replaces it or they fix it at no cost. Not satisfied with this product at all.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Janice, Sorry to hear about this. Please start by increasing the target temperature to 37 degrees to test the machine. If the target temperature is set at or below the current room temperature it will not heat until the room temperature drops lower than the target temperature. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2RSKa_3GzA If this does not resolve the issue, we would encourage your to reach out via email at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help you further. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/Dyson

This is perfect!

It saved our lives and health during this winter. Very efficient, modern design and so quiet. Moreover, the timer function is very useful as you don't have to worry about going to sleep and turning it off. I would recommend it to everyone who likes nice gadgets and care about good-looking interior.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Love it

I love this cools down my lounge room in summer and keeps it nice and warm during winter the power is amazing it's very quite what I love unless you have it all the way up it's so easy to use very light to move around the house functions very well love it want to upgrade to the newer ones

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

dissatisfied

I originally purchased the model that was recalled and returned it for a refund not a repair. I later toyed with purchasing another after the recall had ended. I then purchased another supposed new model. The "new" model is noisy to the point of having to turn up the tv. It also does not heat any where like the first model that was recalled for fire/overheating issues. The new model has a maximum heating level of 37 degrees C. When it is on the highest setting 37 it does not reach this temperature. I could place my hand in close proximity to the unit without any discomfort. I would suggest that Dysons fix was to turn down the maximum heating internally but show it as 37 on the unit. I've contacted Dyson and suggested this to them but as my new model was two weeks over it's warranty period refused to replace it or offer a refund. Very disappointed with Dyson and it's products. Save you money to pay your electricity bills

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review your AM04. The sound level specifications on the AM04 and AM05 models is the same. The recall in early 2014 was precautionary and was not for fire nor overheating. On heat mode, the machine will continue to heat until the room reaches the target temperature, in larger rooms or if the room is not airtight it can take longer. The machine will continue to heat until the room reaches the target temperature or it will switch off after 9 hours to protect the motor, whichever comes first. If we can be of any further assistance, please email at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/dysonThe noise level was high on both models although Dyson had claimed the noise level is less than a conventional fan. When Dyson contacted me regarding the recall the paperwork claimed the recall was due to the possibility of overheating and a possibility of ignition. I have had this Dyson (AM05) new model heating a room 4x4 mt continuously on 37 degrees for over 12 hours without it switching off or reaching the targeted temperature. Dyson AM05 manual on page 6 state's "This heater is hot when in use and for a short period after use. Do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If children are present consider positioning the heater out of their reach". As I stated previously I could place my hand in close proximity to the unit even touching the Loop Amplifier without discomfort. Dyson needs to come clean on this and stop giving excuses.Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the machine. Please reach out via askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to discuss your concerns further. Best wishes, Shan

Fabulous Heater and Fan

Love this fan. Very stylish, works as advertised. Newer models are quieter but I still find the AM04 a big improvement over a conventional fan as far as noise goes. As far as cooling goes, well it's a fan so it cools as well as any fan can, but it's not an air conditioner. Heating is excellent, at least in smallish room. Not cheap but definitely feels well made, solid high quality plastics, handy little remote control that is curved and magnetised to sit on the top of the unit.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

This product does NOT blow cool air

Just to be very clear... this is a 'fan' that has a heat element. It does NOT blow air any cooler than current room temperature. Dyson has marketed this product very cleverly to allude that it blows "cool air" as you would expect from an Airconditioner. It doesn't. If you're looking for a heater + 'fan' only then you'll be satisfied with your purchase. Don't be fooled (like me).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Disappointed

Not fussed about the noise, don't notice how loud it is until you turn it off. It doesn't throw out much heat. Would never buy another dyson as so disappointed. seems to blow out barely warm air. I still need to have a blanket on me. Complete Waste of money.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

For the price tag it is a waste of money

Heating is ok, it heats a small room but the cooling is absolute terrible even in a very small room you have to stand right ontop of it, to feel it and does nothing to cool the room down. I would not waste my money, we have a cheap fan from Bunnings that does the job. Very very disappointed that we wasted our money on this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Temperature?

I find this heater/fan good and fast at heating, one question however is the electronic temp settings, it seems the sensor is in the bottom of the unit, meaning to set, at say, 22 degrees, the unit will not shut down until floor level is at 22, meaning living level in the room reaches 27! The heater temp setting therefore is not the room temp!

Very disappointing

I have purchased a few Dyson products over the years and I've been happy with them (the vacuums) - so I was willing to spend the considerable sum for the fan/heater. The fan is SO disappointing - it's really weak - I've had much better results with a cheap $20 fan (just not as pretty). I contacted Dyson and I can take it in to their service center, but I know there's nothing wrong with it - it's just not a great product. I'm not the first person who has said it. I've heard the heat works well. But really for that price!! I should have read the reviews before - but I just trusted the product.I would so not recommend buying this product. Really not great.

Disappointed with cooling.

I complained to Dyson about the cooling which is useless, my cheap $10 fan does as well. The heating is very good. I expected more for an almost $700 fan Dyson would not do any thing about it. Would not recommend. Thought I would get more help from the company As I have bought other products from Dyson.

Meh

For some reason mine only works at 32 degrees any other temperature it makes a weird noise when you turn it on and the power lights red on the fan the heating function for me if it works which it kinda does on 99. Only last 5 seconds which stinks because this product is so beautiful

Hi Cody, Thank you for reviewing your machine. We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue. Could you please email your details through to auaskdyson@dyson.com so we can assist you further? Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Is it just mine

After seeing it advertised on QVC and also hearing reviews from other people, my wife and I decided to buy one for our family room. We've had it for a couple months and for some reason it just blows luke warm air and doesn't really warm the room up. It also is very limited in the distance of the air blown. I don't mind the noise, as long as it would heat the room. Not sure if their is something wrong with it or if it normally blows air like that. Haven't tried to cool the air yet, so I'm not sure how that is. Looks awesome but wish it was warm air coming out.

Just ok... Not great but not terrible.

I've had our Dyson for a little while now, the heating function has been great however is extremely noisy considering the advertisements made out it like it would be quiet. The cooling fan function however is extremely dissapointing and is too loud to use when on a high fan speed. A $15 kmart pedestal fan would do a better job on the cooling fan function.

Hi Rachel, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the noise level for your Dyson AM04. While the AM04 is of a similar noise level to other fan heaters, it may sound different to other fan heaters you have used previously. Dyson acoustics engineers have worked on improving the tonality of sound produced by AM04, by targeting specific frequencies. Noise isn’t only about the decibel level, but the quality of the sound being produced. We thank you for trying a Dyson machine. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/dyson

Loved it

We have two of these and both were exchanged by Dyson prior to the recall, because they both kept tripping, and then came the major recall! We must have been the first batch that they found the error in. Now we have machines that work perfectly FINALLY, love them.

Hi CarlsMum, Thanks for taking the time to review your machine. I’m glad to hear you are happy with your machine and it is working well for you. If we can ever be of service, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

great buy

I bought my AM05 not affected by the recall, which I checked through ''my dyson'' then ''my machines'' and it came back ok. :)
this little Dyson fan is amazing, my room is the size of say.. 3 x what you'd see with a double bed and wardrobe and side tables in. YES this one little fan has heated my room comfortably.
first day I had it, It stopped, I saw E1 on the display at the bottom. I google'd it, found a Dyson page, and said It only displays this if the cord is unplugged and plugged back in before the fan stops spinning (found I had knocked the cord just enough for it to do this 2 times). all I had to do was unplug it totally and wait a few seconds (you can hear the little fan inside spinning when its off and slowing down)
it doesn't blow warm/hot air for a long distance, however, id rather be warm then hot and sweaty, like I said the room is warm and comfortable, not like other heaters where your either boiling hot or you have to keep turning it on and off, this does it all for you.
the blades being non existant are already helping my allergies (no dust in my face from blades or grill as like old one)
The tilt option is great also and you only have to connect the base to it when opening the box, easiest instructions ive seen in my life, it blows air people it will make some sort of noise, the noise (not much at all) ive found has helped block out unwanted noises, helps me sleep better.
I give this little Black AM05 hot+cool fan, a 5 star.
I now have 3 Dyson Machines, DC29 Vacuum, Hand held Vacuum, and now this AM05 hot+cool fan.
the 2 year warranty put my mind at ease spending this amount on a fan. best warranty for any fan I could find.
im very happy with Dyson's service so far.
The style is great, it was a good price for what its doing for me, 2 year gurantee :)
i do wish it was slightly taller. but rather it have the tilt option instead of being taller.

Hi Chase2187, Thanks for taking the time to review your Dyson Hot+Cool. We're glad to hear you are happy with your machine. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/dyson

Recall inevitable but Dyson can do better

Gave Dyson an almost perfect rating when I first got it. Sleek, bladeless sounded pretty techie.

Recalls happen but the least the company could do is to offer alternatives while the unit undergo 'repair'. What does Dyson expect us to do for 4-6 weeks while the unit is away for repair, during this cold season? It isn't a cheap unit where one can run out to the store to get a spare unit. I phoned twice suggesting they offer a loan unit or give a minimal discount 10-20% discount so we can get a unit to 'live' by for now (Dyson : you guys get to increase sales too!) but got an adamant negative answer. This is the most expensive portable heater around - the least they could do is offer a small sweet deal to pacify loyal customers. For the price I am paying, I expect better service.
Bladeless
Recall happens but Company showed no empathy for customer

Hi there, We understand and apologise for the inconvenience the recall may cause, however it has been done in the best interests of Dyson owners. Please be assured we have a new facility with additional Dyson technicians to keep the turn around time as quick as possible. At the moment, it is 3-4 weeks from receipt of the machine Again, apologies for the inconvenience. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/dysonUpdate - product was promptly returned. Still a fan of Dyson. Use it for both fan & heater functions. Other than the recall incident, Dyson has been good. Purchased another unit when the current unit was under 'repair'. Wonder about power consumption though..

Appalling Warranty Service

We have two of these units. They were recalled, OK things happen BUT. First they lost the units, then they extended the time to fix by another few weeks, then they refused to help when we called them and won't even give contacts names or details to raise complaints. Will never buy Dyson again, not worth the grief. We even had to buy other heaters to get us through their leisurely recall period.
Looks cool
Really poor customer warranty service. They won't spend the money to correct the problem in a professional manner

Hi Dolf, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your recall experience thus far. At this stage, turnaround time from when we receive heaters is 3-4 weeks. We have a dedicated facility with additional Dyson technicians to ensure the turn around time is as quick as possible. I am sorry to hear you weren’t given a contact name when you were in contact with us – this is unusual. We're happy to have a look through your case if you could please forward your name, address, phone number and if possible serial numbers of your machines through to askdyson@dyson.com.au or alternatively please call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/dysonPOSTSCRIPT: Despite the above assurance it took twice as long to get the fans (nearly all of winter passed) and only replaced after we threatened to raise a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading. The problem here is not the product but the low level of integrity Dyson displayed, which will cut across all their products not just this line.

Hello, I have a Dyson AM04 and the heat coming out is much warmer at the bottom of the air multiplier and quite cool at the top. Is this normal operation or is my unit malfunctioning? I have chronically cold hands and the bottom heat (on setting 99) is barely sufficient for relief.
Hi Andy, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to her about this, we are happy to help. There shouldn't be any difference in the air temperature exiting the machine between the bottom side and top side of the loop, however no air should come out the top and bottom of the loop. For best assistance, we would kindly ask you to email questions@dyson.com and our US Based Dyson Experts will be more than happy to assist further. Best wishes, Shan

My heater gave a bang yesterday I had to reset the fuse box now it’s only giving a little heat on one side of the heaters. Any help?Jimtyson 70
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. We are happy to help get this sorted. If you are based in Australia, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to assist. If you are based elsewhere please call the number located on the base of your machine, alternatively, please email us and we will be more than happy to put you in touch with your local Dyson Experts. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

I never got anything or heard of a recall. What can I do with it now? Can it be fixed since there was a recall on it or not? Can I get a new one at a cheaper price?
Hi Sue, Thank you for your query. Regrettably Dyson faced an issue with our AM04 and AM05 heaters. For context, we have sold a million heaters around the world; we have seen a small number short-circuit, which in four cases resulted in contained burning. Although there have been no instances of personal injury or damage to property, it’s four too many and so we took taking action by recalling all AM04 and AM05 heaters and applying an engineering fix, before returning them to owners. None of our cooling fans, or any other machines, are affected. We can make the arrangements to get your machine fixed. Simply give us a call on 1800 239 766 or email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to confirm if your machine is effected, and if so, help make the necessary arrangements. We are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. Best wishes, Shan

Hot+Cool AM04