Dyson Big Ball Origin

MPN: 36293829

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.6

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (9) · No (6)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (15)
hasan

hasanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Powerfull machine

Its really powerful machine with great suction. I would highly recommend this product who does not have any issue handing a little bulky vacuum cleaner.

Little pricy but lucky for me got a great deal from Good guys when purchased this product.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$400.00.

Geoff

GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ouch, that really hurt!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$450.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This is certainly not what we would expect any Dyson Owner to experience.

Please forward your details and a link to this review to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

Disappointed!!

I had it for a couple of months and one of the ball covers came off. Couple weeks later the other side fell off. Can’t fix or put the covers back on as they are held on by plastic clips. Huge waste off $699. The suction is crap opposed to my 10 year old Dyson.
Dyson, you have lost this consumer. I got excited when I saw the garbage truck tip it in the back and drive away.
Miele all the way!!!

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for A$699.00.

Penn

I fixed it, by putting it in the bin

A Dyson at last

I bought the Big Ball Origin to use on my tile and carpet floors. The suction is great on both surfaces and we are really happy with it. Much better than cheaper models from other brands previously used.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$349.00.

Joel J.

Joel J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Vacuum I have owned.

Really like this vacuum, this is my first Dyson. Super convenient to use, the collector bin empties out to trash without a hassle n without getting your hands dirty. Incredible suction and cleans really well.

Don't keep looking at other vacuums go get yourself one! Worth every Dollar.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for A$349.00.

Matt R

Matt RAU

I am so happy with my Dyson

I have always wanted a Dyson and over the years I’ve seen friends and family use there’s and loved the style and quality of the brand. I’ve just purchased mine and used it about 4 times, I’ve found that the suction is fantastic and the amount of attachments included is sufficient for my townhouse. I’m surprised at the amount of dirt and dust it picks up... makes me wonder how much I might be breathing in!

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Goodorbad

GoodorbadPerth, Western Australia

some improvements

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$799.00.

Vida

Vida

A SUPER SUCKER!

My Dyson BBO is a fantastic unit and super is the operative word used in describing it. It’s so easy to assemble and sucks up everything in its way that I vacuum over, it’s lightweight and so super quiet. It’s a super sucker and I just love using it!

It’s on par with my Dyson DC19 that I had for 14 years. The Dyson Big Ball Origin is a must buy if you’re looking.

Thank you Dyson for a fabulously hassle-free, no nonsense unit and thank you BigW for the sale price I paid for it, only $399.00.

Purchased in July 2019 at BigW for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet
John Scott

John ScottTIMBOON

WONDERFUL MACHINE

Used for carpets and skirtings and window sills to remove debris built up. Love this machine, have had it 7 years or so and bought the Animal stick to use daily.

Purchased in July 2013 at Appliances Direct Online for A$799.00.

jenikiwi

jenikiwi

Dyson Big Ball

First time user. Loved it. Was curious to see what everyone was raving about. It is a heavier machine. But I prefer to at least carry it rather than pull it to save wear and tear on the hosing. Cleans well, so easy to use. Woth the weight

Purchased in July 2019 for A$229.00.

Katho

KathoAU

For great for me

I find this vacuum is too big and does not work well on my wooden floor boards. I find I have to lift the head up of the vacuum to pick crumbs up otherwise it will just push them around the floor. Carpet is performs a little better however I much preform a cordless. My vax cleaned my floor 100 times better than this dyson. It is now stored in my cupboard and only gets pulled out occasionally when i can be bothered to lift it up and drag it out!

Product is used Rarely
lisamarie8

lisamarie8Illawarra, NSW

Love my Dyson

I absolutely love my Dyson Bill Ball Origin vacuum.
It performs wonderfully, has great suction, corrects itself if it topples and finds dirt no matter what.
It comes with all the necessary attachments, looks stylish and is not too heavy
It is great for all surfaces and is not too noisy.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for A$399.00.

DMK

DMKNew South Wales

Damaged wooden floors

So dissapointed in this vaccuume, its scratched our wooden floors since day 1. Contacted customer care and was told it wasnt specifically for wooden floors (its a vacuumme, what else will I be doing with it than cleaning floors?!) and I'd have to pay for another attachment that won't damage my floors! What a crock! Terrible customer service!! Will be taking it back for a refund and never buying Dyson again

Purchased in January 2019 for A$350.00.

Product is used Rarely
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Josey L.

Josey L.

Excellent vacuum cleaner

I never looked back once I went Dyson. Great suction, great design, totally deserve the dollars spent. I recommend the wired one as you don’t have to count down the time the battery will run out.

Purchased in March 2018.

Maree

MareeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love vacuuming now!

Great vacuum, makes vacuuming the house seem like less of a chore. Great suction, no smell and it doesn’t blow dust in the air which means I don’t have to open the windows to air the house. Great for people with allergies.

Purchased in February 2019.

Kamel

KamelSydney, NSW

Good vacuum

Very good suction the vacuum is a bit heavy but other than that no complaint filter easy to clean doesn't need cleaning more than once a year easy to empty dust .

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$750.00.

Tracey

TraceySouth East Queensland, QLD

Major safety hazard. Should be recalled

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Product is used Daily
Kamel

KamelSydney, NSW

Good vacuum

The suction is great as I mentioned before but like I predicted the wand is not strong enough it's leaking air from most joints and the lower one that connects to the floor attachment cracked I had to glue it but it's not gonna hold it's like buying a Ferrari but all the inside is plastic .

Date PurchasedNov 2016
BunB

BunBPERTH

Disappointed

Found this vacuum very difficult to manoeuvre, it's heavy and has to be picked up in order to move it backwards. The cord is too short making it necessary to unplug and move to an alternate power outlet as one moves around the house. It does not travel around corners and furniture readily and has to be moved manually. It is a powerful vacuum cleaner and does indeed pick up much more than previously owned cleaners but the suction is too strong for rugs. It would be a good idea to try it out on a carpeted area before purchasing.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Alan

AlanShell Cove

Absolute Worst Vacuum Ever

We purchased The Big Ball Multi Floor about 8 months ago and it was our 3rd Dyson we have had over the years. This has to be the worst vacuum they have ever made. It's bulky and catches on every external skirting board it encounters and damages them as well. It's a pain in the butt to drag around and the handle is horrible. I think I'll be retiring this one to the garage earlier than expected and trying a different brand next time. Sorry Dyson but it's a big THUMBS DOWN on this one.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

KC

KCasked

Big Ball Origin

can you use older model accessories/tools for this?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson Big Ball machines come with an adaptor in the box that works with many older accessories. Should you wish to confirm yours will work, please email a picture of the accessories to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Linda J.

Linda J.asked

Big Ball Origin

I cant push or pull it around with any ease? will a power turbo head help? it just sticks to floors as suction too great? what turbo head goes with it if this will make it effortless?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We wouldn't expect any difficulties when pushing your machine.

Should you encounter them, a Turbine Head or different floor tool may help. We would encourage contacting your flooring manufacturer to confirm what their recommendations are. Along with a Turbine Head, we do have a floor tool available similar to yours with a suction control setting on the head. For further information, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Sandra Robinson

Sandra Robinsonasked

Big Ball Origin

I have a Dyson Big Ball and while it sucks ok without the head on as soon as i put the head on it blows!! I end up with dirt spread all over the floor and none in the vacuum. What is the solution to this?

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for reaching out.

Based on this, it sounds like there is a blockage or restriction in airflow through the machine which can cause this to happen.

For a Big Ball Origin, please remove the floor tool and thoroughly check the airways for anything caught prior to retrying the machine.

If you aren't able to locate any blockages or we can assist further, please reach out to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to assist further.

Best wishes,

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives