Dyson DC08
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (3)

Serendipity
SerendipityLaunceston, TAS

The best Vacuum Cleaner I have ever owned

I bought my Dyson DC08 in 2002 and it has never missed a beat.
Quite truthfully, the best Vacuum I have ever owned.
It has never been serviced or repaired, so seriously good value-for-money.

Max D.Perth, WA

Best vacuum ever

We bought our dc08 turbine in 2006 to replace our old Volta bagged. It was just incredible the amount of Dirt it was getting out of the carpet. the motor was replaced in 2014 so and we bought a hard floor tool for it. We still have it and it’s is working like a champ.

Purchased in June 2006.

gtvone
gtvoneVictoria

Vacuuming all over the world with my Dyson

Purchased in November 2014 at Appliances Direct Online for $500.00.

Paolo W
Paolo WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It just lasted -quality product

this vacuum cleaner is the best I have ever had. It lasted for 15 years on the original motor cleaning a smallish house at least once every week. I did not really maintain the washable filter and it continued to run throughout my frequent neglect. when one of the hose connectors broke, I was able to perform a makeshift repair that lasted years. That has been my only issue.
Dyson created a quality product with the DC08 and I await my BigBall delivery to see the engineering changes for which Dyson is famous.
If there was one fault, it would be that when it tipped over it stayed down so fortunately it did not tip over that often.

Date PurchasedJuly 2003

lulu65
lulu65AU

I want to cry.....They no longer repair them!

Purchased 23/07/2003 from Harvey Norman for $550.00 after a discount from $699. Big bucks for those days!

I had the motor replaced about 3 years ago and it was as good as new. Bought a new multifloor tool as the old one died. Dyson convinced me to replace the motor then.

Now the power cuts out and they will no longer repair them. Crying...

Having worked as a cleaner and used lots of the newer models in the past, nothing came close to this model. Nice long cord, metal wand and it worked brilliantly.

I've been without it for over a month as I can't bring myself to spend $999 on a cordless stick.

If you still have a working machine, treasure it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2003
Tony N
Tony NMELBOURNE

Best Vacuum Cleaner I've ever owned

This machine has lasted me 15 years now and is still going strong. The suction is very strong and the turbo head is great as I have cats and it picks up the fur that other cleaners leave stuck to the carpet. It manouvers fairly easily and is easy to pack up and store. Maintenance is minimal with only a filter to wash and dry every couple of months or so. The only thing I would say against it is that it's a little noisy - but since it's such an efficient vac, it only takes me five to ten minutes to finish the job, so the noise is easy to put up with for that brief period. I would recommend this unit to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2003
Kaz
KazTownsville

Love This Machine

My machine wasn't cheap and has had a lot of use over the years, on all kinds of floor surfaces, and is still working. In my job, I've used many different brands over the years. I've found the newer Dyson's to be not a pinch on this model. It's sturdily built and somewhat of a "Goliath" to me. I would seriously consider spending the money to have it fixed when it finally stops.

Date PurchasedAug 2006

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Emxz
EmxzBrisbane

Loved it (and now miss it)

This machine was an expensive but awesome purchase - it's unfortunate that it has been replaced by a "better" newer model - we now own the Cinetic Big Ball - I really should have done more homework as it's a disappointing machine compared to the DC08. Sadly after 14 long hard years the motor blew up for the 2nd time and we sadly had to retire it.

Date PurchasedApr 2004
Nay
NayAU

You complete me...

Date PurchasedMay 2005

Flora dV
Flora dVWhakatane NZ

The best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned.

Date PurchasedMay 2004
Nick
Nick

Awesome!

Had this unit for a few years now and has never let us down.
Suction is still at maximum and works great.
The price tag nearly gave me a heart attack at over $600 at the time but it's paid for itself.
I'd recommend it any day over a cheap $100 vacuum cleaner that won't last a year!

Date PurchasedJune 2007
Annette
AnnetteDeloraine

Loved my old dc08 and now my new cinetic big ball

I had my dc08 dyson for I'm guessing around 14 years a long time anyway. I absolutely loved it and I vacuum almost every day having two small dogs and a wood fire I did have to have the motor replaced 3-4 years ago and around a month ago it just stopped dead on me I have since replaced it with the dyson cinetic big ball I also purchased a dyson v6 absolute stick vac to use in between big vacums. I wish I had read these reviews before my purchase as I would have gone direct through dyson to receive a discount

Date PurchasedJan 2004

Wendy SB
Wendy SBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fabulous

I just want to say how wonderful our Dyson DC08 has been. We purchased our machine in April 2004. It hasn't missed a beat. Now the head on the machine has split quite badly and we are tossing up whether to purchase spare parts in Ebay or purchase a new model. We've read some bad reviews on many of the new models and are are quite reluctant to go down that path. Thinking the replacement head and filters may be the way to go but not sure as being an older (obsolete) model spares won't be available for ever.

Date PurchasedApr 2004

Loved it for 11+ years

Jas

Thanks heaps Taryn. The discount helped with our decision and got a Cinetic Big Ball. Shipment was quick too.

Blake SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best thing I've ever purchased

Decided to post a review as I want to update the vacuum to a new one.

This is around 15 years old now and in that time I've pulled it apart once to clean inside and out a new seal kit in and for all of 15 dollars it was as good as new but now it's getting really old, hose is cracking and cord won't retract etc.
I remember lending this to everybody years ago and everybody was shocked how much crap is in the carpets.

Once you've owned a Dyson you can't go back.

Im buying a new one, the cost is quickly forgotten and honestly worth every cent

Oh wow thank you !

Blake S

Any updates on when the V8 handhelds are going to be released here? I've been waiting and was tempted to just import one but have some hopes they are coming.

Cora M.
Cora M.asked
DC08TSY

What dyson head will fit DC08TSY

Max D.

You cannot by heads from Dyson anymore but you may be able to find something on eBay

DysonDyson

We do apologise for any disappointment, however due to the age of the DC08 range, we no longer are able to assist with genuine replacement parts. We can't recommend any non-genuine parts will work to the same specifications as they aren't tested or endorsed by Dyson.

That being said at time of writing, we do have an offer for DC08 owners. To find out more, please email your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Jim Mc Kernan
Jim Mc Kernanasked
DC08

What is the difference between dc08 and dc08T I need a full tool set

Col H.
Col H.asked
DC08

I can’t get barrel out to clean

DysonDyson

If you can't remove the bin from the machine, this can indicate the cyclone and bin of the machine may be misaligned.

To resolve this, press on the clear handle on the bin firmly to realign the bin with the cyclone. Once this is done, you should be able to remove the cyclone and bin (while assembled) from the machine like normal.

If we can assist further, our Dyson experts are only happy to help. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson DC08

4.3
Dyson DC08TSS TBN

Dyson DC08TSS TBN

4.4
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Power1400W1400W1400W1400W
Bin Capacity2L2L2L2L
Weight8.22kg8.22kg8.22kg8.22kg
Cord Length6.5m6.5m6.5m6.5m
Price (RRP)$599$699$799$899
HEPA Filter NoNoYesYes
Cleaner HeadStandard headStandard headTurbine headTurbine head
Storage TypeUprightTelescope WrapUprightTelescope Wrap