Dyson DC37C

Dyson DC37C

Multi Floor and Origin

Disappointed on the quality of my Dyson

I had a Dyson for nearly 10 years, it was amazing. I really felt it was well constructed and built to last (I can’t believe it lasted that long). About 12 months ago I purchased a new Dyson (similar to the old one), fully expecting it to be the same quality as my old one. Unfortunately it doesn’t compare, it doesn’t clean as well, it’s very plastic, the wheel cover feel off, it just doesn’t seem to be built to the same standard. I don’t think I’ll be buying Dyson again. :(

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Bad
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues Yes
Hi Georgina, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your machine and the wheel came off your machine. We are more than happy to assist in rectifying this. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

Disappointed

I had a Dyson vacuum in the previous 10 years, which I was extremely happy with. I chose to purchase a Dyson again but this time I am disappointed. The issue is the brush head which does not perform like the old one. Anything bigger than dust gets pushed along rather than sucked up. It sucks from the sides but not the front. It makes it very difficult to use on tiled stairs. I find I have to go over sections multiple times to pick up crumbs or sand. It performs better on carpet where the brush is not an issue.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Ronnie, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with the new floor tool on your DC37C. So we can further assist we kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist further. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Lives up to its name but pretty ordinary.

A few parts have started coming lose n it doesn't seem as strong as my previous Dyson but I've given it a super workout.
Gets blocked easy but easy to unblock.
Light n easy to swivel around.
Only comes with basic brush head n two small attachments.
No power head.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

great cleaning but heavy

This machine is a great option when you need to do intensive cleaning and a long run ! -it has excellent suction power; easy to keep clean and comes with a good warranty and spare parts service. I prefer a wireless vacuum when needing to do short on the spot cleaning but for a large house and for more detailed cleaning - windows, sofa , corners etc.... great to use !!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

A+

Light and easy to move around and clean. It alwats clean the floor good and is a lot better to use were the stand up on put alot of stress in the risk when turning so the smaller vacum is a lot better and easyer to use. Glad i got it

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Brilliant Vacuum

Changed over to Dyson a few years ago and i am so pleased i did, this Vacuum works brilliant and never had any issues.
4 years and still very impressed.
Hopefully will get at least a good life span from it,
Thank you Dyson engineering, your product has made a big difference to my life.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

I thought I always did a thorough job when I vaccumed my carpets until I bought this Model Dyson. Yo

Not really. If I bump it on the wall maybe. I think the bottom is heavy enough to keep it ballanced. I've had cheap ones in the past from different brands get twisted and tip over. But not my Dyson. I'm really thrilled to own one. When it's time to upgrade I'll go Dyson all the way.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

2 years 10 months - motor burned out?

Yesterday vacuum tipped over and shortly afterwards made a strange sound and the smell of an electrical fire started: no more vacuum. Called Dyson and being 10 months out of warranty, I'm up the proverbial creek; not what you expect from a $400 product. Best they could offer was a free shipping service to get it to their servicing centre but I will still be liable for any repair costs (minimum $85 labour before parts, never mind the cost of a new motor). Clever move on Dyson's part they get their dead machines back, make it economically unviable to repair and get parts they can use on other warranty/refurbishment repairs, plus they can investigate the reasons for the failure for further product development - doesn't help the consumer who forked out a premium for a product that wasn't.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
$190 repair bill, oh and you pay for the shipping. Dyson said that there was indications the filter was damp so that would make the motor work harder so they weren't willing to cover the repair cost. Technician at the shop said that the dampness was minor and wouldn't have caused the blown motor but Dyson are hanging onto the claim. Interestingly, Dyson tell you to wash out the filter regularly, and make sure its dry - which I always did. Now some irrelevant dampness in the filter is the "reason" Dyson claim misuse.

This is hands down the best vacuum i have ever owned. No effort required, just turn on and it works

No issues with tipping over.
The only suggestion i would make is that the cord be a wee bit longer. I have had this machine for about 6 years and it still works as well as the day i purchased it.
The best thing is that i have several cats and a dog and this machine picks up hair with no problem what so ever.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

A great job!

This vac does a fabulous job in all my floors. It’s light weight, powerful and cleans beautifully. I was blown away the first time I used it to see how much better it worked than my previous vacuum cleaner. This cleaner does tip over occasionally but is easy to fix upright again.,

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great for pet hair

It's a light weight vacuum with a big barrel for dust collection. It's got a tile or carpet option and plenty of different attachments to use for e.g.. cleaning the car or the crevice in between cupboards. It sux... really good. I use it for pet hair on wooden floor boards and tight grain carpet. Works well for me

Date PurchasedJul 2016

This is awesome

I love this product it is by far the best item I have purchased in a long time, I am happy as and would definitely buy another dyson product again.
It still sucks like the day I brought it and that's with the kids vaccuming up anything and everything.
We'll done to dyson for sure

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Great Product

Had an issue it tipping over
And had motor blow up within a few months of owning but Dyson were quick to repair and post back and even extended the cord length and made sure everything was perfect.
Sucks great on tiles and also carpet
Amazing product want to buy a cordless

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great Vaccuum

This is a great vacuum! It’s got great suction, it sucks up so much dirt. It does tip over from time to time but it’s no big deal. We have been looking at a stick vacuum though, it can be a lot to lug around. But overall a great vacuum.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

love it

My vacuum has tipped over a few times when I hit the corner of walls. however as a user it is often more my fault for not watching where i lead the vacuum cleaner and getting it caught on either the cord on the corner and in steading going back moving the unit I pull on the nozzle.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

What a waste of money

I was very excited when I found myself in the position to be able to afford a ‘high end’ vacuum cleaner, which this model of the Dyson range purports to be..... The poorly designed system for emptying and reattachment of the waste collection bin is a nightmare to deal with again and again and again.... EVERY time you have to empty said bin. Almost out of sight and certainly almost out of reach this is a connection system designed to frustrate and annoy the end users. You know, US, the customers.....I am a 65 year old woman who has run a domestic cleaning business in the past so I’ve used and been exposed to many a different vacuum cleaner. It doesn’t suck up dirt etc any better than a $200 model of other brands I have used. I feel slightly used myself here, as though I’ve paid for the brand and NOT the promised performance. Save your hard earned money and look elsewhere, I wish I had.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great vacuum but over rated

Great vacuum and I must say I do love it but I personally think theres pretty good competition out there now for vacuum cleaners that won’t set u back as much as Dyson does.
Does tend to tip over when full and does get lots of dust / dirt built up in the filter which is kinda hard to fully clean out.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

A breeze

Brought my Dyson at big w.
Was sure I wasted my money till I tried it out. Amazing vaccines.easy to push wheels nicely round the house. sucks fabulously on all surfaces.
A little bit tricky to empty the first few times . Packs away nicely. You'll be suprised at the dirt it fi ds

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Dyson Review

Still working after 6 years of service. Its a bit clunky on the storage capability but i know that this vacuum will get the job done right, each and every time. The attachments are easy to snap on and off and i ended up buying an extra wood floor attachment that works well on tiles.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

It’s ok

A little heavy to use on carpet tips over clogs up easy probably the worst Dyson I’ve had not a fan at all.... ...
expensive and worst birthday present my husband has ever brought me not impressed will never buy a Dyson ever again Electrolux for the win! Do not buy.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Hi, Whats the best accessory for picking up pet hair from carpet for a DC37C model & is the DC37 the same as a DC37C? Thanks

Ive noticed my dc37c doesnt seem to have has much suction lately, have pulled apart for blockages & washed purple filter in the top, is there another filter somewhere that im missing?
Hi Narelle, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a loss of suction through your machine. Understanding you have done some troubleshooting we would encourage you to review this video to ensure all areas of your machine are clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kY-wcZ2y0 Hopefully this should help, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist further. We are happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

The brush on the Dc37 will stick and will start to operate again when I use my fingers to manually move it. I have taken it apart and cleaned all hair and blockages from the ends but this is not the problem, as I never use it long enough to get anything wound up.
Hello, get in touch with the company matey,Hi Crysie, Thank you for your question. We will be happy to assist with your query however we do require some additional information. Please send your contact details and the serial number through to auaskdyson@dyson.com or call our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Samuel

DC37C OriginDC37C Multi Floor