Standard, Turbine
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (3)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (6)
Vicky
Vicky Perth, WA

Best vac I've ever owned

Bought this 2nd hand and it's never missed a beat. This vacuum is light to handle, runs and swivels smoothly from wooden and tiled floors to carpeted rugs picking up everything in its path including hair. Yes hair, have family of girls with long hair. Never had a blockage to deal with and no tangled hair to dislodge from a brush. Emptying it afterwards is the easiest thing ready to go for the next time use. The pressure trigger on the handle for lighter cotton blend rugs when I don't need full suction is great. It's powerful but quiet compared to previous vacuums and doesn't take up much space to store away. I hope this keeps running for many more years to come.

Bella
BellaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Vacuum ever!

I've had this vacuum nearly 12 years paid 399 for it at the time on special. Such a shame Dyson don't make them like they used to! Recently purchased the animal cincetic and return it, terrible quality. Great customer service but. Dyson please return to the way you used to make them!!

Purchased in May 2009 at Bing Lee for $399.00.

Lilani
LilaniCanberra 2600, ACT

13 years old and still running well bought from Harvey Norman in 2008.

13 years old and still running well bought from Harvey Norman in 2008. Just today purchased V12 exclusive to Dyson model and got a 15% discount with free shipping as an exciting happy Dyson customer. Looking forward to use new V12 model in my new house with timber flooring. Thank you Dyson !

Purchased in February 2008 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Belinda
BelindaCentral Queensland, QLD

13 years still like off the showroom floor

Have moved around a lot in 13 years. Used on carpet, tiles, wood, concrete, rubber and many more. Has never missed a beat. A little bulky and noisy but the suction is epic. Well worth the money at the time of purchase.

Purchased in October 2007 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

Mari
MariGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

11yrs old and going strong

Purchased in July 2009 at David Jones for $699.00.

Isif Chadwick
Isif ChadwickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect type of vacuum

Best for getting rid of babys crumbs on all types of flooring and carpets. Dosent lose suction and collects hair from the pets aswell. No issues with vacuum tipoing over as swivelling around

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $499.00.

Christina Toro
Christina ToroSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great vacuum

I have mostly timber floors and so to have a vacuum be able to clean them well is important. The floor tool is a must for this vacuum - I brought mine separately. It's a little noiser than I would like and I can't get parts from Dyson anymore which is disappointing.

Purchased in July 2017 at eBay for $299.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

12 Years & Going Strong

We Love our Dyson. Great investment that we can’t live without. It is great on carpet and on our new floor boards. We’ve used it inside and our outdoor entertaining area. It’s great with the attachments for the car as well. We purchased extra filters when we bought it so we can rinse and still use it without stopping.

Date PurchasedJune 2006
Lidman
LidmanSydney

Good machine but with no spare part it is useless!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2008

Doesn’t suit tall people

I find this machine excellent. However like most vacuum cleaners the “wand” or the bit you run over the floor needs to form a seal between the head and the floor to get full suction. If you’re tall, you have to bend over to achieve the right angle and get head in full contact with the floor to be effective. Otherwise, you’ll leave a gap around the head of the brush and air will leak in.
If you’re 150 cm tall then the length of the wand is perfect. If you’re 195cm tall, then this cleaner doesn’t match your body height. I dare say the latest models,would be just as bad.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Lee
LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum ever.

Used this Dyson for 10 years now, and is still going strong. Never missed a beat. Would only ever buy a Dyson now if this one ever packs it in. It's fairly heavy and noisy, but can't fault the suction whether its on carpet or floorboards, and that's what its all about. I also do the venetian blinds and mattresses.

Date PurchasedNov 2008

Best vacuum I've ever had.

The only bad thing about this vacuum is that it has lifted my expectations and to this day I have not found a better vacuum.
If there was one single item I could bring back to life other than my pet fish Bill who jumped out of its tank when I was 4 it would be this model!

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Sarah
SarahBrisbane

Can't live without my dyson

My Dyson DC 19 is still going strong after 5 years of daily use. I've used my dyson on both carpets, tiles and wooden floors. The filter only needs cleaning every 6 months or so and is so easy to do. The suction is still fantastic. I love my dyson.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Highly recommend

I found my Dyson in a skip bin which had a burnt out motor. i replaced the motor for $45 which I found on eBay and 30 minutes to install. That was 5 yrs ago and still runs absolutely fine. The negative reviews I really don't understand as my Dyson is awesome

Date PurchasedFeb 2012