8Dyson V7

Dyson V7 Questions & Answers

Christine F.
Christine F. · V7 Motorhead Origin

We need to replace the Roller Brush bar on our Dyson V7 and are unable to purchase one anywhere! Does anyone know where we can get one. It needs to have 3 prongs inside, not 4.

Melissa
Melissa

I would ring dyson directly. They are usually more than happy to assist.

Mary F. · V7

Hi my Dyson v7 cuts out when l turn to maximum power even when its fully charged..???

Mary F.

I'm looking for the answer???

Nicole F.
Nicole F.

Mine does too. There is not much of an answer, I figure Dyson is just crappie. Drains the battery hence why it cuts out. The longevity of my battery is slowly diminishing along with suction power. I've only had it 3 years.

Dyson   DM

Thanks for the question, Mary F, if your machine is also making a pulsating noise, this is a mechanism that was built into our cord-free models to alarm customers of a blockage or buildup of dust somewhere within the machine. Often this can be fine dust clogged in the Filter or Cyclone that isn't visible. We are confident this issue can be resolved by running through all the steps in the two videos below:
external link
If by any chance this doesn't resolve the issue, feel free to contact us via external link for further assistance.

stop the goats
stop the goats

dud battery

GeorgeD · V7

Can there be a problem with on-off switch.

GeorgeD

Appears to be a problem with on off switch,just installed new battery.

This is answer.

Christina B.
Christina B. · V7 Animal

I plugged my battery in and the blue light came on for a few seconds then went out it is not blocked the filter is clean do I need a new battery

Linda B.
Linda B. · V7 Animal

The blue light stays on for a few seconds and goes..no,power..won’t charge. Any ideas?

Anita
Anita

Think you may need a new battery, available on Amazon.

Roger S.
Roger S. · V7

Just bought a Dyson V7 Advance and there is no docking station?? All other Dyson's had one.
Disappointed, I could have bought a Samsung with all bells and whistles for the same money!

edwardchoustine
edwardchoustine

Dyson V7 does not include docking station and a few other tools. It is a budget model. Only Dyson Absolute models include docking station. The Absolute range of Dyson is more expensive. I bought a docking station for my V7 on Ebay for $25.00 and happy with it. How do you like your " multipurpose" brash? It leaves marks on my high gloss wooden floor.

Tom D.
Tom D. · V7 Animal

How do I remove the top main filter to clean it tried to twist but that didn't work can you please let me know what I have to do to remove it Thanks heaps Tom

Email: tomdayz402@gmail.com

Beth edmondson
Beth edmondson · V7 Animal Origin

Why does my Dyson keep stopping and starting just put a new battery in

Daniel
Daniel

maybe needs charging?
or maybe faulty battery
or maybe the on off button
do you have another battery to try?
hope this helps

rupotty

If it is not an original Dyson maybe the answer, I purchased one of Ebay and had a refund as same issue

Dean H.
Dean H. · V7 Animal

Dyson v7 animal. Not working. Flashes blue when put on charger. Twice long, then twice short... Just replaced bin due to broken door latch.. Nothing... Help?

rupotty

Usually means Dyson is clogged try unclogging and clean all filters and airways

Linda C.
Linda C. · V7 Animal

Dyson v7 light flashes blue when pressing trigger and doesn't work.
Put new battery on and having the same issue.
It won't charge either. There's no light when in the docking station.

Paul Cariss
Paul Cariss · V7 Animal

My Dyson V7 Vacuum has a short battery Life. I purchased it 3 years ago.
What can be done to improve the battery life of the vacuum.
Paul

Dyson   DM

Hi Paul, thanks for reaching out. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please reach out to our experts for support: external link

David
David · V7 Animal

Our vacuum turns off after approx 5 minutes of use to a blue flashing light, it's extremely frustrating as the vacuum gets minimal use and is always on change

dmb
dmb

Needs charging.
Means your battery has got to the end of its life.
Needs a new $129 battery from dyson.
To remove the old battery there are 2 screws under battery near the canister that come out with a small Phillips head screwdriver.
I replacement my battery this week with a third party battery that lasts ages now.
Did this to another dyson that is still going strong with the 3rd party battery($40) 4 years later.Original batteries barely last the 2 years they are under warranty for.
I used to use my dyson monthly in holiday house and left it on charge in between , apparently the battery lasts heaps longer if you take it off charge after a few hours.

Dyson   DM

Hi David, thanks for your question. We need a bit more information to determine the exact cause of this issue. Check what happens with the battery light when you connect the charger; also check which power mode it's set to - for example, Max mode gives strong suction but a lower run time. To troubleshoot this further please reach out to our experts. external link

A M. · V7 Animal

Hi can you tell me is it normal wear if the brush bar black bristles are hardly there at all?

Straw hat
Straw hat

No I don’t think that’s normal. Mine are still there.

A M.

Sorry I think gave wrong model as that was one before. It is the V7 animal & brush has red bristles & softer black ones which have all nearly gone on purple roller. Thankyou.

Dyson   DM

Thanks for the clarification about your machine being a Dyson V7™ Animal. The bristles on the brush bar consist of two types of fibres. The coloured bristles are made of nylon, the black carbon fibre bristles have anti static properties and their function is to collect fine dust from hard floor. With the fineness of these bristles and the material's brittle nature they may wear slightly faster than the nylon ones, particularly when used on rougher surfaces, however we include more of these on the brush bar to help counteract this effect. If it gets to the point where pick up of fine dust on hard floor is reduced that's when we'd suggest replacing the brush bar.

We'd encourage you to contact our experts to direct you to the right Brush Bar for your individual machine. Our methods of contact can be found here:

A M.

Thankyou for the information it doesn't at all sound like normal wear then more like somebody has cut the whole lot off! Thanks anyway.

Claudia H.
Claudia H.

Same has happened with my Dyson v7 animal - black bits suddenly gone… crazy.

Dyson   DM

Please contact our experts to help you select the right Brush Bar for your machine. external link

Ali
Ali · V7 Animal

As the the Dyson V7 doesn't run for very long should I have a spare battery to finish the vacuuming?

Garry
Garry

Hi
I live on my own and do different parts of the house on different days, so don't need spare battery.
Hope this helps.

Dyson   DM

To confirm, the V7 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 20 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 30 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 6 minutes regardless of the tool in use. As the battery is screwed in on V7 models, we advise against regularly removing the battery. If you have any further queries with your V7, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone. You can find our contact details here: external link

tappy
tappy · V7

Our v7 is about 3 years old and we have been very happy with it until recently ,when it has become very hard to push over the tiles and seems to be sticking to the floor. The machine is emptied and cleaned after each daily use. We have a small home, all tiles and wood flooring. Pls help.

Dyson   DM

We are sorry to hear of this. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

Trina B.
Trina B. · V7 Animal

I bought my dyson today and I had put it on charge and after a few hours like it said in the book I went to use it and nothing happen so I put it back on the charger and there’s no light is it charging and wait longer even without the light charging indicator or should I take it back

Dyson   DM

Normal behavior for the Dyson V7 is for the light to turn on when the machine is put on the charger (even if fully charged, it should turn off for a few seconds). It will then turn off when fully charged. If the light on your charger isn't turning on at all, we would kindly encourage contacting our Dyson Experts via phone or live chat. You can find our details and chat links here: external link

Doris R.
Doris R. · V7 Animal

Red flashing light when charging new filter battery and charger still does nothing but flash red

Maria
Maria

That seems unusual. I’d speak to Dyson about it if you’ve given it enough time to recharge. Good luck

Dyson   DM

So we can help with a resolution, we'd encourage getting in touch directly with our Dyson Experts. You can find our contact details and live chat links here: external link

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Melissa R.
Melissa R. · V7 Animal Origin

How well does it do with pet hair on couches, rugs and car seats?

Ags
Ags

We have a dog (admittedly a non shedding one) and it vacuums fine as long as it actually vacuums. I love the ease and convenience of a stick vacuum.

Dyson   DM

The Dyson V7 Animal Origin is designed to help remove pet hair from the home. The direct drive cleaner head is motorised and features stiff nylon brushes that work to agitate the carpet pile and remove dust dirt and pet hair. This same principle is also at work in the included mini motorised head as well, for smaller areas.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are only happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

Francene C.
Francene C. · V7 Animal

How long is the expected life span of the fade-free lithium-ion batteries that's in this model please? How much is it to replace such batteries too? Thanks.

John13

From my personal experience, less than 2 years. Replacement battery is around $90.00 but it is important to note that replacement batteries only have a one year warranty - which says a lot.

Dyson   DM

As there are many variables that can affect batteries it's almost impossible to predict exactly how long an individual battery will last in real world conditions, and this is the case with batteries from any manufacturer. Many variables that can affect batteries include storage, charging and usage cycles, and extremes of temperature. That being said, when a Dyson battery reaches the end of it's useful life, they can easily be replaced at home with no need to send the machine in for service. At time of writing the battery for the Dyson V7 is available for $89 and can be purchased here: external link

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find our contact details here: external link

the vagabondo
the vagabondo

Dear Friend, you have asked a very important question, equally important as build quality and warranty. I have only had my Dyson v7 for 6 months. I expect, and will demand at least 3+ years from the battery, though hopefully longer. NSW Fair Trading will help mediate if manufacturers do not adhere to Australian consumer law which says, “Goods are of acceptable quality when a reasonable consumer, fully aware of the goods’ condition (including any defects) would find them: … durable—for example, the toaster must function for a reasonable time after purchase, without breaking down.“ What is a reasonable amount of time for a vacuum cleaner? At least 3 years, I think, especially when we pay $300+. Glad to help!

Alex F.
Alex F.

The batteries will last not much longer than the 2 year warranty. I took my dead one apart and the 7 18650 cells are unbranded cheapys. Not Samsung Panasonic or LG like other devices. Tesla uses Panasonic. My electric pushbike is Samsung. There are now plenty of alternatives to Dyson cordless vacs out there

Jake v.
Jake v. · V7 Animal

ours the red light flashes 10 times what does this mean

John13

Have you removed and washed out the central cloth filter that is removable from the top of the canister assembly? This filter pulls out the top, and can be separated into two parts at the snap-ring at the top. Try that first. Generally, if it blinks up to 12 times, it means there is a problem with the motor, more than that (32 times) means a problem with the battery.

Dyson   DM

Hi Jake, Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

If you are still finding there is an issue after washing the filter per the above instructions we would recommend to reach out to our helpline for further assistance. We are available 7 days via phone, live chat or messenger through external link .

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson V7