Dyson V8

Dyson V8 Questions & Answers

Absolute, Absolute Plus and Animal
4.5 from 1,122 reviews

370 questions from our users

I have had my Dyson for about 1 and half years recently it will not charge. I plug the charger in and the red light flashes twice and then goes out. It never get a charge. Could it be the battery or the charger and are these covered by warranty? Thanks

How are the chargers attached to the wall?
Thank you for your query. The charger is secured into the dock, with the dock then being screwed to the wall. You can see how to install it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fu-wm-8Bmw If we can be of any further assistance please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Why has my battery on my Dyson V8 died after only 18 months since new? Surely they should last longer than that. The battery has been replaced under warranty. Do I get 2 yr warranty on the replacement battery or only the remaining 6 months? The store I bought it could not tell me.
Sorry to hear you needed a battery replacement, however we are pleased to hear this was sorted for you. As the battery is a consumable item, it doesn't come with a Dyson guarantee. We have every confidence this battery will provide you reliable performance for years to come, however if you have any further queries (regardless of Dyson Guarantee status), please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We are happy to help.

My daughter bought me a new Dyson v8 for my 66th Bday on 4-15-2019 while I was in Indiana. I was thrilled because I have 3 small dogs.. but when I got back home to Alabama and opened the box so I could use it, I couldn’t find the battery charger, but everything else was in the box. My daughter bought it at Lowe’s in Madison, Indiana and gave me the receipt just in case I needed it. The Dyson was already charged so I still used it and it was wonderful, lots of power! But it’s dead now and I need a charger.. any suggestions?
Sorry to hear about this Molly, for best assistance we would kindly ask you to email our Dyson Experts via questions@dyson.com and we will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Should the battery case get hot when using?
No haven’t noticed any heating of case at allPlease be assured it is normal for the battery to become warm during use, especially if used on the MAX setting. After use and charging, the battery will start to cool down. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

Hi, i just bought dyson v8 recently. However without read the manual, i wash all the parts except the motor and batery part. Then i’ve realized that, i should not wash the metal part. So, what will happen to my dyson v8?will it broken?please help me..i don’t know what to do
Contact Dyson...obviouslySorry to hear about this, for best assistance we would encourage you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com who will be able to assess the situation and assist.

My dysentery v8 animal is on charge when not in use but when using it it cuts out after 3/4 minutes and if I plug back in for a second it will go again what can I do?
The battery needs replacement. Many people on this forum have the same issue. I have to change mine every 15 months or so. And it's not covered by warranty.Thank youSorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time with your Dyson V8. We would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We will be more than happy to confirm the diagnosis on the machine and further assist.

Is there a video to show how to replace the v8 soleplate? I release the side of the fluffy head using a coin, remove the four sole plate screws, but the sole plate still appears fixed on one side and can’t be lifted off.
Hi Jo, Thank you for your query. Apart from the Soft Rollers and the end caps, the rest of the Soft Roller cleaner head isn't designed to come apart for routine maintenance. If something is not quite right with this machine part we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be only happy to help further.Thank you.

Can you leave the cleaner on charge between uses ?Thanks.
Hi Skye, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. The Dyson V8 has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge. This allows you to do "top up" charges without the need to fully deplete the battery before recharging. In addition, it is recommended you leave the machine on charge when not in use, this will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please don't hesitate to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.Thank you for the help, I love my Dyson.

My V8 Animal will not open
Hi Anne, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. The bin of your Dyson V8 should empty easily as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJppqsD6cQ If your machine doesn't empty as easily as shown, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Hi i have bought a dyson v8 absolute+ about 1 year ago. The rottory heads stop working at all. I have 3 different heads and all doesn't s not spin at all. Power checked going out from the bare unit about 20.6v but when head connected does not spin. Additionally the vaccuum also sometimes does not operates when the spinning heads are connected, but work when other non spinning heads are connected. All heads and vacuum cleaned and nice inside. Monthly cleaning done. No dusts or head. Any ideas?
Hi Boodhun, Thank you for your question, we are happy to help. So we can best assist and get this rectified, we would kindly encourage emailing your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted.Hi thanks! I still need to hear what is to be done to remedy the situation. Ser No. VE2-XF-JHA0353A Brand 216-Dyson Model. 229625-01 Warranty No. 0000485475 [Details and Email Removed]Hi there, Thank you for your reply. For best assistance, we would encourage you to contact our South African team. You can get in touch via our helpline on 087 807 9353 or via email on DysonService@tudortech.co.za

The Dyson cuts out after 10 seconds in the max mode. I can put it back on the charger and it will go again but only for 10 seconds. This only happens in max mode, the machine runs well in normal mode Thanks for your help
Hi there, Thank you for your question. We are sorry to hear about this and will be happy to assist. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details. Alternatively, please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.What response did you get from Dyson? in my case they told me I need to buy a new battery. My second one in less than 3 years.The machine was still under warranty so Dyson sent out a new battery and charging cable. The new battery didn't make any difference however after installing the cable it nows runs perfectly. Very happy with the Dyson support

My Dyson one day started losing power after 5 min or less which seems to be a trend with the V8. The assistant that I spoke with on chat is sending a new charger. Has anyone else received a charger instead of a battery? And did it work?

I have a V8 absolute, I managed to drop it and now the highest power does not work, if I were to buy an updated version does the v8 battery charger and tools fit any of the newer versions? Debbi
Hi Debbi, Thank you for your query. We are sorry to hear about this, however happy to help get your V8 up and running. For assistance please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. In regards to compatibility, the non-motorised tools from the V8 will fit any V7, V8, V10 or V11 machine, however the charger will fit V6, V7 and V8 machines.

Problem with dyson video. The spinning tools are not rotating at low or high speed but it collets dust and hairs where is the problem of not spinning?
Hi Boodhun, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help. We would kindly ask you to run through the troubleshooting outlined here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/v8_sv10/dyson-v8-absolute/my-machine-is-not-working/my-brushbar-is-not-rotating This should help get your machine back up and running, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to assist.

Hi - my V8 only lasts a few seconds when I use it on the max setting. It doesn't seem to have a reduced duration when it's just on the regular setting. Please advise?
I have this same issue. Filters cleaned and no blockages. Is it the battery?Hi Louise, Thank you for your query. We are sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help. We would kindly ask you to check your machine for blockages as outlined here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxRl17N03E. On occasions, a short run time on MAX mode while working normally on high power mode can indicate a blockage. If these checks have been completed with no success, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

The brush in my V8 animal is only doing a half a spin when you press the trigger to start vacuuming get then stops spinning. It does this every time you press the trigger
Hi Murray, Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help. We would kindly encourage you to check the brushbar, and the connections at each end of the brushbar as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XILxd1SRbSQ This should help get the head on your machine spinning as normal, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

I just purchased my Dyson 8 and after a full charge my battery only lasts about 15 minutes. Is this normal?
It seems to be the case with Dyson mine too only lasts for a short period, the battery needs replacing but I cannot justify the price of a new battery.Hi Jenny, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. To confirm, the V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use. When new, your machine will be on Max mode, if you move the mode selection machine on top of the machine away from MAX, you'll switch into high power mode with an extended run time. You can see this in action here: https://youtu.be/9yK1N1a8i7A?t=39 If your machine isn't seeing these run times, or we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to assist.

Will it (v8) fit the v7 charge station
Hi Trent, Thank you for your query. We are pleased to confirm the Dyson V7 and Dyson V8 machines use the same battery and same charging dock, so they will both fit. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to assist.Thanks for your speedie reply, can now keep my v7 fittings when moving up to the v8 model.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Similar listings