Dyson V8

493 questions from our users

Eliseb
Elisebasked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond
Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam
Pam asked
V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

William Keir
William Keir

I have a V8 a total Clean which when on Maximum Suction keeps cutting out. No problems when on high suction. The dust bin is emptied regularly & battery is fully charged. Please advise

William Keir.

Pauline N.
Pauline N.asked

Why does my v8 dyson hoover battery die when on max power

Reviewer R.

Why avoid contacting them directly as per your manual?

DysonDyson

So we can best assist, we would encourage running through the troubleshooting outlined here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cordless/Dyson-V8-/164527-01/troubleshooting-176414/machine-cutting-out

This should help, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via phone, Facebook Messenger and live chat to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Trevorasked
V8 Absolute

I have a second battery available. Is there a way to charge it so I can use it immediately when the first battery runs out

Have it fully charged

wow. took 2 weeks to NOT answer the question

DysonDyson

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately, we aren't notified for every query on this site. For assistance, our Dyson Experts are available directly via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone with our contact details available here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

In regards to your query, if you have a second battery, this will be able to be charged directly from a second charging cord, while not connected to the machine. That being said, as the V8 range of machines have screw fitted batteries, we don't recommend swapping these unless the battery has reached the end of its useful life.

If we can assist further, please just get in touch with our Dyson Experts, we are happy to help.

Caitlyn Y.
Caitlyn Y.asked
V8 Absolute

My dyson battery only shows 4 lights (2 on each side) when plugged in with no flashing lights to indicate it is charging. According to the manual there should be 3 lights on each side and when charging one should be flashing. Does this mean some of the cells in the battery are dead?

JAMES P
JAMES P

sorry i don't work for dyson and im not sure I put mine away a while ago as the battery would not hold charge and was advised at the time by dyson not to use it on tbe high speed, this was no good to me and they would not replace the battery under warranty.

DysonDyson

Hi Caitlyn, thank you for your question.

When charging from completely flat you should see the lights go solid to indicate the charge level of the machine. Should you be experiencing a loss of run time or any issues with the machine there is a chance the battery may need to be replaced however we would require further information to make this diagnosis.

So we are able to further assist we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us and one of our experts will be able to help resolve the issue for you.

Paddy J.
Paddy J.asked
V8

My dyson v8 won't switch off I have to take out the battery to stop it can this be fixed?

DysonDyson

Hi Paddy, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear this is happening.

At this stage we'd recommend to contact our helpline directly via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us as there may be a part that needs to be replaced. We look forward to hearing from you and helping resolve this for you.

Barbara P.
Barbara P.asked
V8

I just bought a brand new V8 and the battery will not charge beyond one light. It will run for 15 seconds to 1 minute and then shuts off. Should I return it?

Manaaki H.
Manaaki H.

Yes. Contact Dyson customer support and they will send you a new battery for free (and another 2 year warranty on the new battery) on the condition that it is within the 2 year warranty period.

Barb M.
Barb M.

my battery just died immediat ely after the warranty with my V8 animal pro... I am upset about this - 2 year life on lithium battery? They say they have support but i keep getting an automated email asking for information that i already wrote in my contact support messages. Anyone else? I own 3 different machines and have supported their products for many years now - i think this is wrong

Jacquelyn McKnight
Jacquelyn McKnightasked
V8

I have a New Dyson V8 & the first time I used it it ran for a long time. Today I use it & it went down to one light in no time. Is it suppose to be unplugged when it is fully charged or is there another problem?

Lee A.
Lee A.asked
V8 Absolute

Please can you help I have a Dyson V8 absolute and it won't switch on three lights come on solid but nothing happen. Then randomly the vacuum will work and I dare not take my finger of trigger or it stops again?

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

If the charger is still plugged into the machine it will not turn on. Apart from that if the machine is showing 3 solid lights and not turning on there may be an issue with one of the parts for the machine.

We'd like to help resolve this for you and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out directly to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Jean grey
Jean greyasked
V8 Origin

Machine is leaving marks on hardwood floors that have to be scrubbed off. What do you recommend? House is mainly hardwood floors. Didn’t do this at first.

Mansukh T.
Mansukh T.asked
V8 Absolute

I have same problem with my v8.After charging 24 hrs it only works for less then 10 minutes and stops.Put on charge again then works again for about 3minutes and stops.Can you help. It’s only 11/2years old.

jennifer H.
jennifer H.

I've had mine for a year and it dies in about 10 min as well

Sharon C.
Sharon C.

I’m having the same problems as EVERYONE- Dyson needs to address this issue & fix it - or no one will buy it!!!!!

DysonDyson

To ensure we can best assist and get the appropriate resolutions for your machines, we'd kindly ask for you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Mrs B
Mrs Basked
V8

Have just ordered a battery for V8. The website showed battery d and battery e. The one we ordered for our serial number has different fitting piece. From the diagram it looks like the correct fitting piece is on a completely different serial number. Why is this? We now have a battery that doesn’t fit even though we ordered the one for our serial number.

Mrs B
Mrs Basked

Cynthia K
Cynthia Kasked
V8

What is the total running time of a fully charged Dyson cordless vacuum?

Kieron
Kieron

Dyson V8 is about 20 to 30 minutes when new. On max suction it zaps it to about 5 minutes. After 18mths max suction basically shuts it down.

DysonDyson

To confirm, The V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use.

If we can assist further or your machine isn't achieving these run times, our Dyson Experts are available via phone, live chat and Facebook Messenger. Please don't hesitate to get in touch, we are happy to help. https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Ali
Aliasked
V8

Hi i have a v8 absolute over 2 years old. Was working perfect then all of a sudden only works for 1 minute or so on max. Put it back on charger for 30 seconds works for another minute or so. Shows that its charging. No red lights. Can the battery be reset or where is the fault.?

Samantha F.
Samantha F.asked
V8

Hi there. I have a v8 cordless dyson stick vacuum which will not charge. I have had for approx 2 years and when I plug in to charge, the LED light flashes with 4 red lights. Is this a fault or do I need a new battery?
Sam

Lawry Bugeja
Lawry Bugeja

I'm no expert on these things however I can say that I've never seen a red light on ours. On that basis I would guess it indicates a fault. Dyson monitors this website so hopefully they see your question and offer to assist.

DysonDyson

This does indicate something untoward is happening within your machine. So we can help with diagnosis and a resolution, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find our helpline details and link to Messenger here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Beaky
Beaky

Hi Samantha F. I have only had my V8 for about a year but I would assume that you have a faulty battery as the lights should all be blue if the battery was working correctly. Please ring the Dyson Customer Care people and ask them how long the Warranty is for the Battery as I also have a Dyson V6 which after 4 years the battery died and I contacted them and purchased a new Battery for $78 which was delivered within 4 days. I could have purchased a 'generic' Battery from the Company I purchased the machine from originally, but the Dyson Battery comes with a 2 year warranty. Gael

Nicky D.
Nicky D.asked
V8

Why is my Dyson v8 dying in 2 minutes when in boost but last on other setting?

David H.asked
V8 Absolute

why will the V8 only work for a few seconds on max but will vacuum continually as normal on the normal low suction setting.
what's the fault and what's the fix i don't believe a new battery is the answer?

Gill Greenwood
Gill Greenwood

Hi David. Did you ever get this resolved. My does exactly the same. We have a spare battery that we put in but it's doing the same....

David H.

I did I purchased a new battery from the internet.
Not from Dyson about half the price and more powerful.
Solved the problems.
Although the advice from dyson came from Dyson Australia the UK are useless.

Rosie M.
Rosie M.

What battery did you purchase

chefcrosasked
V8 Animal

Can you buy a spare battery for this model?

luvsitwet
luvsitwet

yes just contact dyson australia

DysonDyson

While currently out of stock, when back in stock batteries for the Dyson V8 will be available via this link: https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-v8-replacement-battery-967834-02

You can see how to replace it via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axuz5qJfHQ8

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

chefcros

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8