Dyson V8

Dyson V8 Questions & Answers

Absolute, Animal, Absolute Plus, Origin (See All)
Listing monitored by Dyson

506 questions from our users

Lauren B
Lauren Basked
V8 Animal

We have hardwood floors throughout our house but we also have a long haired dog. I know the V8 animal is designed for pets and we are very open to that fact, however my question is, would the standard Dyson V8 do the job just as well [or close to as well] given the hard floor consideration or do you really only recommend the animal or animal plus version even with hard floors? Huge thanks!

Todd S.
Todd S.asked
V8

Can't put the top back into the canister. Any ideas?

Indi
Indi

Did you ha e to change the battery?

di
diasked
V8

Why isnt a crevice tool included in the V8 origin package?

Archie Steel
Archie Steelasked
V8

Have tried repeatedly to register my new Dyson V8 Origin using the serial number on the base. Keep getting red notice that this number has no corresponding Dyson appliance. What now?

Annieasked
V8 Absolute

Do the filters on the V8 wear out. I have a V8 which is a few years old but the filters keep clogging or I think it is that as it splutters a lot. I clean the filters but within a short time it is off again. I have checked all the nozzle and there are no clogs there.

amiganut
amiganut
Annie

Thanks. Yes, I have found since that the problem seems to be the head not the filters. I will have to give that a good clean.

Joy
Joyasked
V8 Absolute

having trouble attaching replacement back motor cover and hep filter on Dyson V8 Absolut

DysonDysonSend a private message

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help assist with this. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Maria Gasked
V8

I have a Dyson V8 Animal Extra Stick Vacuum. How long should it last off charge? I can barely get 10 minutes on maximum suction and slightly longer on high suction while vacuuming

Russell fine
Russell fine

Hi Depends if you use it in high speed or low speed and if it’s on carpet or on wood floor, we have wood and on low speed lasts around 15 mins without slowing hope this helps

Maria G

Thank you Russell. Yes it does. Sounds about right as it does the same with me - on timber floors and on low speed it gives me 15 minutes as well

Jane Edwardsasked
V8

My new v8. I have charged it first use to max. However, after usage for the 1st time. I tried to charge it after 20mins cooling. No lights are on. Does this mean my power head is broken? My battery on 2 blue bars. Trying to charge. But no lights on when I plug it in. What am I doing wrong?

Jane Edwards

Thats ok. I got it fixed from the dyson service. It was a battery fault.

Lyndall Weatherbyasked
V8

I am trying to locate the serial number from the rear of my new V8 vacuum cleaner to register for warranty, however, I do not seem to be able to locate the correct number to enter into the warranty card on line.
can you assist please

Lyndall Weatherby

I spoke to a staff member who assisted me with my question- thank you

Kim
Kimasked
V8

What's the warranty on this?

Josie
Josieasked
V8

Can my charger be repaired? I can only get it to charge if I fiddle about with the cable in different positions until the blue light comes on. Seems to be a fault within the cable not at the plug ends.

Bev B.asked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson v8 keeps making the barrel full noise even when I’ve just emptied it, I’ve checked for blockages and haven’t found any but it’s still doing it?

Michael W
Michael W

Sorry Bev haven't had any similar issues. Can only suggest asking dyson themselves on line

SteveVB
SteveVB
Bev B.

thanks, will give that a try

Suzanne F.
Suzanne F.asked
V8

I have a days on v8 animal +. It shuts off when I switch to max suction. Please help. It’s all clean and unclogged everywhere

Enya
Enya
Eliseb
Elisebasked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

Raymond
Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

Pam
Pam asked
V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

William Keir
William Keir

I have a V8 a total Clean which when on Maximum Suction keeps cutting out. No problems when on high suction. The dust bin is emptied regularly & battery is fully charged. Please advise

William Keir.

Pauline N.
Pauline N.asked

Why does my v8 dyson hoover battery die when on max power

The Reviewer

Why avoid contacting them directly as per your manual?

Trevorasked
V8 Absolute

I have a second battery available. Is there a way to charge it so I can use it immediately when the first battery runs out

Have it fully charged

wow. took 2 weeks to NOT answer the question

Caitlyn Y.
Caitlyn Y.asked
V8 Absolute

My dyson battery only shows 4 lights (2 on each side) when plugged in with no flashing lights to indicate it is charging. According to the manual there should be 3 lights on each side and when charging one should be flashing. Does this mean some of the cells in the battery are dead?

JAMES P
JAMES P
Paddy J.
Paddy J.asked
V8

My dyson v8 won't switch off I have to take out the battery to stop it can this be fixed?

DysonDysonSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8