Echo PB-2155

Echo PB-2155 Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Antonio Pinto

Antonio Pintoasked

My leaf blower start to bog down what should I do?

Bob41
Bob41

Sounds like fuel starvation like mine was. Maybe the carby ls is a problem with these. Try to find an honest dealer that will not rip you off. Good luck

Garth S

Garth Sasked

Does the leaf blower turn into vacuum?

Fritznsauce
Fritznsauce

Buck

Buckasked

My echo blower won't start, just put a new spark plug in but still nothing, only 15 months old, any ideas??

Nealo 12
Nealo 12

Not really... 15 months not a long time for anything to go wrong, check for spark first may have faulty coil if not has to be a fuel issue ?

Hi Buck,

Its a difficult one to answer.
In my opinion if you are having a fuel issue the machine would most probably flood and you could smell the fumes.
I have also heard that these machines need to be used "flat out", in other words don't run them part throttle and keep pressing the trigger to increase power as you work.

If this is the case there could be a build up of carbon, either difficult to start or the machine feels like its losing power.

You my have to take it to a service centre, personally I doubt it would be an expensive fix, possible around $45.00.

Good luck mate, hope you get it going.

They are a great machine, well usually.

Cheers

James D
James D

Had a bit of an issue myself and it ended up being the spark arrestor on the exhaust, a little bit of mesh, go figure. I removed it as it looked completely clogged and gave it a test run. It now runs like a treat, better than when I first bought it. Question is, do I put it back on when I live in suburban fire free green area plus I haven't seen the slightest spark come out of it..

JA47

JA47asked

Can you give me an idea of the lifetime I could expect, perhaps in hours of use?

Robbie
Robbie

My old echo blower is still going strong after over 11 years of loyal service. I gave it to my brother who lives in a townhouse with only a small backyard. I can only go by how long and how often I've used the old echo blower. I used it on average of 1 hour a week during the hotter months and around 1 hour pfn during the autumn and winter months. Never skipped a bit. I expect the new echo to last as long given that the engine and critical components are still made in Japan.

Too C
Too C

Heavy commercial use, 6 days a week, lasted me 4 years without servicing, exceptional blowers, though decided to go 4 stroke since.

Huntiau
Huntiau

I bought my Echo in 2003 for $300. I have used it once a week (for about 20 - 30 minutes) in that time. It has never missed a bit - starts first time every time and can be relied upon to do the job. Carby strip down and clean about every 5 years or so (not hard to do at all if you take the time and patience) but its still going strong. I have owned 3 blowers in my life time - this is the best beyond doubt.

Get an answer from our members and Echo representatives