Esatto EHPD7

Esatto EHPD7 Questions & Answers

21 questions from our users

Emma J

Emma Jasked

Hello - I purchased my Essato heat pump dryer last week and have had the sensor lights for the filters and water container come on 4 times in the past 30 minutes (even when they are empty). It was on the 10 minute cool air cycle. The same problem is not happening on warmer cycles (baby care or auto). Please let me know what I need to do. Thank you!

V.V

Hey Emma, it sounds like you cleaned both filters as this has to be done each load. I'd check the manual online then I would get.onto the seller. You may need a service call. Sorry I can't add any more.

Izy W.

Izy W.asked

Hi, my dryer takes around 4-5 hours to dry one normal sized load of washing is this normal?

V.V

That is too a long time. Clean both filters before each use. Double spin towels and heavy wets. A normal load I would giveat least 3 hours but not 4-5. But it.may still be damp at waist bands and thick bits. I dried mostly on "jeans" setting for everything. Hope this helps.

bill s.

bill s.asked

does this dryer come with a drain tube?

Kapitoshka

It does. The instructions for the appliance shows how to connect it (default is draining into container). If I'll have time on the weekend I'll create the video on how to disconnect container tube, mount it and connect the drain tube... Tips and tricks etc. It is simple, but somehow not straight forward.

Kapitoshka

For those who are interested I filmed how to plumb the dryer (redirect the moisture draining from onboard container to the washing machine drain outlet) and best practice how to clean filters to keep in in working order for the long time: https://youtu.be/3eem7F2XMJ8

Francis
Francis

Thankyou! The dryer had a clear plastic plug on the end that the manual did not say remove and I coudlnt figure out how to put it on, your video saved me a lot of hassle! Apprieciated!

Andyasked

Hi, is it stackable on top of a Bosh washer? (washer Bosh WAW28460AU - The washer has an inner area on top 55cm (w) x 50cm (d) and an outer one of 59cm (w) x 57 cm (d))

jessbutterly

You would need to check if your Bosch can have a dryer on top. I have an f and p and it’s stackable

Andy

could you please let me know the f and p you have and if you are using a stacking kit? thanks in advance!

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Andy, We recommend purchasing a stacking kit for this model if you plan to stack it. You can purchase one from Appliances Online or our sales team on 1300 114 357. As long as your washing machine is larger than the dryer you can stack with the stacking kit.

Stephenasked

Hi, I have an Esatto EHPD7 that is used everyday and we clean both filters after each use.
Is it possible to remove the heat condenser unit to wash it clean properly ?
Only the filter in front is removable, Not the whole unit. Why is this so please?
Have I missed something somewhere to be able to remove it?

Stephenasked

Is it possible to remove the heat condenser unit to wash it clean properly ?
Have I missed something somewhere to be able to remove it?

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Stephen, Thanks for reaching out to us. The heat condenser at the back needs to stay in the appliance but we recommend cleaning it by using a damp cloth or a vacuum to remove the lint.

Stephen

Well thats unfortunate as most dryers I've seen the whole unit comes out so that it can be cleaned throughly. On this model the filter is removable but lint still gets behind it which is why you "recommend" cleaning the fins with a damp cloth but what about the sludge that i can feel with my fingers building up in the bottom from the water residue and lint as its actually recessed lower than the filter opening? The dryer works well but unfortunately has not been designed for easy maintenance which will limit its life. Very disappointing as I have purchased many Esatto products over the years.

Katrina

Katrinaasked

Hi we purchased this dryer on Monday and it was going well and now it starts and turns off within 1 minute we have checked all the filters etc

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Katrina, This sounds like something is definitely going wrong. I would check it is all installed correctly then if its still not working call our support team on 1300 114 357. Thanks for reaching out.

savannah b.

savannah b.asked

Hello, does anyone know if this dryer can be stacked on a washer upside down? I can’t find anything in the manual about being able to do this.

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Savannah, I'm afraid this dryer cannot be stacked upside down. You can purchase stacking kits for putting them on top of washing machines through the retailer you purchased our product from or our sales team at 1300 114 357.

claudia b.asked

I have just run my ECD7 for the first time and there was a huge puddle of water after. It is sitting on top of a new washing machine which was also covered in water. The bypass hose may have been the source but try as I might I can’t get a tighter seal on it than I have at the moment. Does it need to be facing down (the hose) in or for it to work. I was wondering if it maybe is too long and the water is not traveling through correctly...

jessbutterly

I would definitely call Esatto, I wasn’t able to attach the hose as it was too hard to disconnect the one to the tank

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Claudia, It definitely sounds like some part of the hose is not working. If you could call us on our support line 1300 114 357 or email photos and your invoice to support@residentiagroup.com.au we can get a request started for you.

claudia b.

Thanks for the response, I had it fixed through the seller :)

Cassyasked

I recently purchased the Esatto Heat pump dryer EHPD7. First time using it, so machine was spotless. I have an almost dry load of washing, popped in to properly dry on Cotton Standard setting. The filter and full lights have come on 8 times so far, approx every 5 mins or so, almost as soon as it changes spinning direction. All filters are clear. Can someone please advise what is wrong with this machine? How can I get this to stop happening?

Paul B
Paul B

Have a oi emptied the water out?

Cassy

Hi Paul, yes water container was empty too.

Hi Cassy,
This sounds like you could have a faulty filter sensor. If the filters are clear but the machine is showing full we recommended switching it off at the power for an hour to reset. If still not working please contact our support team on 1300 114 357 to start a service request.

Priscilla C.

Priscilla C.asked

Hi all, loving my new dryer however I have found that lint is getting trapped outside of the top lint catchment? Is this normal? I have to clean the trap insert and then stick my hand into the space to also clear much more lint from inside this area. I’m concerned that if I don’t keep this maintenance up it may catch alight. Does anyone else experience this?

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Priscilla, If your machine is creating lint that is overflowing the lint catcher there may be to many items in there. Please try a smaller load and that should help. It is normal for some lint to be around the catchment area but should not be more than what is inside.

Natalia
Natalia

Yup, I have same same problem with my condenser model. Seems to be lots of reviews out there flagging this issue of lots of lint getting past but the company keeps deflecting.

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

HI Natalia and Priscilla, I am sorry to hear you guys are unhappy with the product. If you both believe your machine is producing more lint outside of the filter than in that is definitely something we care about. Please call our help line on 1300 114 357 and they can organise a service for you.

bindabears

bindabearsasked

I just bought this and have used it twice.
First time I was drying clothes that were 90% dry and just used the 30 min warm setting and didn’t have much water on the condensation tank and there was no condensation in the room.
The second time I used it was to dry 4 towels which were fresh out of the washing machine and wetish. I used the rapid 45min setting and the condensation tank filled up which I expected but there was also a lot of condensation in the room and on the windows. I thought heat pump dryers stop room condensation from occurring. I also have not connected the hose that came with the machine as i heard it was optional and I don’t have a nearby sink to put it.

Should I attach the hose and put the other end in a bucket to drain? It is necessary or can I just use my condensation tank without connecting the hose? Why was there a lot of condensation in the room during my second use when reviews say they don’t get condensation? (It’s a large garage)

Natalie W
Natalie W

I had so many problems with mine, they replaced it and said it was a one off ‘lemon’

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Bindabears, thanks for your question. Please get in contact with our After Sales Service team so that we can troubleshoot your issues with you. You absolutely don't need to use the bypass hose- this is optional only. Even with Heat Pump and Condenser dryers you can get some heat build up within the room, but you shouldn't be experiencing condensation like you would with a vented dryer. It does sound like the water tank isn't inserted properly or the bypass hose at the rear has become disconnected- both of these can lead to water condensation in the room and the water tank not filling. Please try both of these troubleshooting techniques, or get in contact with our service team for more assistance. 1300 11 4357 or via email support@residentiagroup.com.au. Thanks!

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Natalie, Sorry to hear that you had an issue with your first Heat Pump Dryer. Hopefully the second is working well. Unfortunately from time to time things can go wrong with appliances, but it is very rare.

Leah B.

Leah B.asked

Hi! Can anyone pls tell me what the dimensions are around the base of this dryer? The online dimensions are: 595W 622D 845mmH. However I think the depth includes the door - which seems quite large - wanting to know if I can fit on top of existing dryer which is only about 595x595mm. Thanks so much!

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Leah, I apologise that we are only answering this now. Hopefully you've already obtained the answer to this. However the base is 595mm wide x 565mm deep (the 622mm measurement does indeed include the door). Thanks

Gazevsasked

Is there any difference between the Esatto EHPD7 and the Teka THPD70 7kg HP dyers, apart from the price? They seem very similar.
Cheapest place to buy ATM? Thanks

Eddie

I upgraded from the Essatto to the Teka. Not much different between them. Same design and is the same. The has more options and time display. Full load is around 2.5 hours. Teka comes with 5 years warranty

Thanks for your answer..
I suspected the Esatto may be a rebranded Teka. Is it the Teka that has the time display and more options? Thanks again...G

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Thanks for your question Gazevs. Residentia Group are the distributor behind both the Esatto and TEKA brands. Essentially these two dryers use the same technology to dry the clothes, condensing the water using a Heat Pump process. The main differences are that the TEKA unit has an LED display, more control over adjusting various programs (i.e. you can select a program such as Jeans and then separately the heat intensity, it has TEKA SpeedDry option which shortens the program times, interior light, chrome door and 5 year warranty. It also has the added benefit of being a perfect match with the TEKA front Load Washer designs and can be stacked vertically using the stacking kit (sold separately).

Monique S

Monique Sasked

My drying cycles takes up to 8-10 hours for clothing to still come out damp. Why?

Eddie

Hello. That is really strange and long. Are you using the cooling cycle or AUTO?
Have you cleaned the second lint filter at the bottom left of the unit? if so i would call Esatto and let them know the problem.

James C

Yeah sounds like something is wrong here. Unless the clothes are super super wet still, maybe it's possible. I'd say it may be faulty.

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Monique. I'm hoping that this issue has since been resolved, but yes, something appears to be wrong here. A few troubleshooting steps to work through which will have an effect on your dryers effectiveness:
1) Are your clothes well spun before placing in the dryer? Can you increase the spin speed of your washing machine to remove as much moisture as possible?
2) Are all the lint filters (in door and base filter) all clean and clear of lint?
3) Is the condenser, located behind the base lint filter, clean of any lint?
If all of these have been checked and the issue is still occuring then it does appear your machine has experienced a fault. Please contact our service team on 1300 11 4357 or via email support@residentiagroup.com.au so that we can get this fixed for you. Thanks.

Jess H.

Jess H.asked

How long does the standard automatic setting take to dry?

James C

Really depends on what you're drying and how much you load into it. The auto mode will keep going until it detects that it's dry. So I usually just set and forget. Normally half a load takes probably under an hour I think.

Meenarasked

Does the Cotton extra setting take time, mine takes around 4 hours to complete on a full load.

James C

It does take a while for some things to dry, 4 hours seem reasonable. What kind of washing machine you have depends as well. Top loader don't drain water from the clothes as well as front loaders.

Meenar

Thanks. I have a front loader.

Gerda
Gerda

I just use "auto" setting & I have no problems with it :)

Lisa

Lisaasked

Also wanted to know what the door hinge is like. Is it flimsy plastic or does it feel sturdy.

Borlifan

My Esatto has a very sturdy thick metal hinge on the door. I have used it regularly for more than one year now with no problems at all.

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Lisa, Our front loading laundry products are all specified with heavy duty hinges, so you shouldn't have any issues with the door. Try to keep any children from hanging on them though! Thanks.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Is the esatto dryer loud. It seems to have a higher decibel rating than others.

It's a lot quieter than our other condenser dryer. I wouldn't say it's loud at all

Borlifan

It's quieter than any other dryer which I have had. It isn't as loud as my mechanical top loading washing machine but is louder than the dishwasher. I leave my laundry door open and the noise hasn't bothered anyone.

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Lisa, I work within our customer care team and i cannot recall any complaints about the noise level. This is one of our most popular products too. Thanks.

Kim

Kimasked

Hi, I just want to make sure that it has the drainage hose attachment. From the comments it does but need to make sure as its for my parents.

Borlifan

Yes, the Esatto EHPD7 which I have came with the drainage hose attachment. I haven't used it as there is a drawer type water tank at the top left of the unit which is very easy to empty and my laundry tub is in a location which only allows for a washing machine to be close enough for a drainage hose. The instructions for attaching the hose to the dryer appear to be clear and easy to follow.

Residentia Group SupportEsatto

Hi Kim, Yes our EHPD7 includes the bypass hose. Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Esatto representatives