Etax Accountants Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Etax Accountants

61 questions from our users

Rocky P.asked

Would you have a estimate how much it cost if i get help for this years tax and amend last two financial years if i get stuck or its more complicated then i realized. I'm in the low to medium income threshold not a large business but have done some trading so there might be some paper trail that needs looking at. What kind of prices would i be looking at?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Rocky, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice. Our Business Tax Returns start at $167.90 (this does not apply to most sole traders – it only applies to people who need to claim detailed business items on their tax return; item 15 (Net Income Or Loss From Business), Item 16 (Deferred Non-commercial Business Losses) or items from P4–P19 (business reporting items).

Additionally if you'd like to pay nothing up front we can deduct our fee from the refund when it's issued by the ATO. If you take that option there's an extra $27.50 processing fee involved.

We can lodge an amended tax return for you to include any missed information on prior year returns. If you choose this option, there'll be a $44 fee per amended return if Etax lodged the original return, or if you lodged via a different method our standard fees apply for any amended tax return.

If you would like to add an amendment to your return please register and log into your Etax account, select the relevant year and send a new message requesting an amended return and enter as much detail as possible about the amendment.

If you're new to Etax you can register here to start your tax return online: https://secure.etax.com.au/register

Rocky P.asked

hi, i have traded crypto and not sure how to do the tax i have found some software that shows the
dates,profits, loses, times of trade etc. but not sure how to fill out my tax with the information. Do you guy have experience with crypto tax like this? Thanks

Hi Rocky,
Yes we can! Etax can help with all types of individual tax returns including those for taxpayers who have done crypto currency trading. You can start your tax return at Etax.com.au and then enter any crypto capital gains (or losses) at the capital gains section of the tax return.

If you get stuck or aren't sure what to enter at this section, please just connect with us on Live Chat (in the bottom right of your return) or send a secure message using the envelope icon at the top of your tax return and one of our accountants can help ensure you have everything in the right spot. Your return will also be reviewed twice by our accounting team before lodgement to the ATO!

Gary C
Gary Casked

How much does Etax charge for completing a very basic return, I am retired and receive a DVA pension along with Superannuation payments and a very small share dividend with no other income ?

JBS
JBS

It’s costing me $69 this year which if you have a tax refund gets taken out of that. This is reclaimable next year. I think if you get a refund there’s also an admin charge of under $30. I can’t remember the exact amount. Hope that helps.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Gary, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice.

You will need to enter your details and then once you've submitted your tax return our team of qualified accountants will review it to make sure you get the best possible return before lodging it to the ATO. You can also live chat our accountants directly along the way. They'll be able to help you with any questions you have and let you know where to include information on your return.

To access live chat please login to you account, select the year and click on the blue live chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can also give us a call on 1300 693 829.

Czar R
Czar Rasked

Hi. I tried Etax for my tax refund last 2018, is it still possible if I claim the service charge now? please someone tell me how is the procedure to do it in ATO??

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Czar, you can add your tax agent fee to your return for the year they were incurred - it's treated the same way as other deductions are. So if you incurred a fee for lodging your 2018/19 during the 2019/20 financial year you will be able to add them to your 2019/20 return.

However, if you are referring to your 2017/18 tax return and incurred the fee in the 2018/19 financial year then you will need to lodge an amendment to claim them on your 2018/19 return. We can assist you to do this - please just send us a message on your Etax account and our team will take care of it for you.

Etax Accountants.

John
Johnasked

Hi i have bought and traded crypto currencies and not sure how to do the tax. Can Etax help with a crypto taxes?
Thank you.

Hi John,

Yes we can! Etax can help with all types of individual tax returns including those for taxpayers who have done crypto currency trading! You can start your tax return at Etax.com.au and then enter any crypto capital gains (or losses) at the capital gains section of the tax return.

If you get stuck or aren't sure what to enter at this section, please just connect with us on Live Chat (in the bottom right of your return) or send a secure message using the envelope icon at the top of your tax return and one of our accountants can help ensure you get everything in the right spot. Your return will also be reviewed twice by our accounting team before lodgement to the ATO!

Rocky P.

How long roughly will it take to do my tax return? and if longer then the due deadline can you apply for it to get extended for me?

Hi Rocky,

The Etax accounting team can help get your tax return done before the deadline (Saturday 31 October 2020). Or, if you need a little more time, we can apply for an extension to the ATO on your behalf.

You must have a good tax history with the ATO otherwise you might not qualify for any deadline extension. Unpaid ATO debts or problems with ATO payment history may prevent an extension being issued, in which case the 31 October deadline important for you to follow.

To beat the deadline you must register an Etax Account, then open your 2020 tax return and finish entering your details online (including your Tax File Number) before 2pm AEST, 31 October 2020.

To register please visit: https://secure.etax.com.au/register

Once you have registered you can live chat our accountants to check if you qualify for an extension. To access live chat, select your 2020 tax return and click on the blue live chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can also give us a call on 1300 693 829.

We hope this helps but please let us know if we can answer any more questions.

Jade m
Jade masked

I have previously used Etax for the past 4 years of lodgement and have had a great experience. I started the process this year however I do not feel like it has been done accurately or to its best ability. There are some items I am concerned about and think I would prefer a face to face consultation with my accountant. If I have started my prefill forms and no longer feel confident lodging with Etax will I still be liable for the fees associated.?

Hi Jade,

We're really sorry to hear you're not feeling confident with Etax this year. Rather than you needing to start again somewhere else, we'd really like to try and make things right. If possible, we'd like to escalate your case to a senior manager for review and to personally handle from here - could you please email us on Feedback@etax.com.au with your full name and the email address you registered with and we'll be in touch asap. In terms of fees, if your return hasn't been lodged to the ATO yet, there'll be no charge should you lodge via an alternative method in 2020. We do hope to hear from you soon Jade and we look forward to putting your mind at ease that your return is correct prior to lodging with the ATO.

Terry L.
Terry L.asked

1. Will it pre load centrelink age pension. I dont get payg notice from centrelink.
2. Does it handle capital gains and losses, short term and long term?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Terry, our return will automatically add your age pension details for you. If you are having trouble finding these details on your return please send your accountant a private message and they will help you out.

To include capital gains and losses on your return, simply go to the My Income section and select the 'Capital Gains or Losses' option and you will be able to enter your short and long term information in the section below.

Deepu J.asked

Hi
I need to file my tax returns for me and my wife and I do have an investment property as well . I was unable to find their fee details on the website . Neither could I find a number to call and ask . Could someone please advice what the fees would be in my case ?

Antonio
Antonio

Normally they charge around $97 for tax return and fees but it’s deductible so you can claim it back. Not sure about the investment property.

Thanks Antonio

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi DGJ - we're sorry if you had trouble getting in touch with us. Our number is 1300 693 829.

With regards to our fees, our standard tax return is $69.90 and if you'd like to avoid paying up front we can deduct your fees from your refund when it's issued by the ATO using our popular "fee from refund" option for an additional $27.50 bringing it up to $97.40 as Antonio said. If you have an investment property it will be an extra $39.90 per property.

Everything else is included in your fees. Unlike most other accountants, we don't charge extra for deductions, capital gains or ETP. In addtion, tax agent support, checking and year-round tax advice is all fully included in our fees. If you'd like some more info we have this page on our website which covers things in more detail: https://www.etax.com.au/etax-fees/

Bouchra
Bouchraasked

Hi. I created an etax account and began my online tax return process but then decided to stop as i wanted to lodge in a few weeks instead. I didn't complete the form. I didnt submit and i didnt sign anything at the end. I came to go back and it said i need to pay almost $70. But i did not submit anything or sign anything. Please can you clarify? I would like to unregister as all i did was register bit not lodge anything. If you can help please that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bouchra

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Bouchra - sorry for any confusion. There are no fees payable if you haven't signed your return and in most cases we can deduct our fees from your refund when it's issued by the ATO, rather than you needed to pay anything up front. It sounds like you may have got as far as the final stage of the tax return which is where you sign and pay for the return - but if your return is not finished, there's no need to complete that step yet.

For now, please don't worry about that page - you can come back in a few weeks time to finalise your return as planned :) We've also dropped you a private message via Product Review as well!

Orland Louie R.
Orland Louie R.asked

Does eTax help with all possible/eligible tax deductions including WFH setup during the pandemic period and other expenses? My occupation is IT and have some investments.

Gary S
Gary S

Once you log in and start your return I noticed that they were set up for covid19 and WFH
Hope this helps

Hi Orland - we sure do!

As Gary mentioned, our 2020 tax return is set up for you to select the new COVID-19 work from home deduction option, and we cover all of the other normal deductions as well.

Our tax return will automatically suggest deductions people who work in the same job as you usually claim to ensure you claim everything you're entitled to. Just enter your specific IT job title/occupation in the occupation section, and then down below at the deductions section, you'll see suggestions based on your job.

If you have investments, we can handle them too. Just select the type of investment income (dividends, rental, etc) and that section will be added to your return.

Don't worry if you get stuck along the way, just click on the live chat icon in the bottom right of your tax return. You'll be connected directly with an accountant who can help ensure everything is in the right spot! Alternatively, our team is available on 1300 693 829, or by clicking the envelope icon within your Etax account.

Cathy A.
Cathy A.

Nope I have not found this - I have done my deductions and then the tax agent is asking and questioning me about my internet use - I do accounts receivable of course I use the internet etc. log books for my internet use even though I told him the exact times I have used this - over it told him not to worry about it and not to lodge it - he took my WFH down and didn’t answer any questions. They better not charge me and I won’t use them again.

Laith
Laithasked

Can users correspond through email instead of the Etax website message module?

Hi Laith,

Etax will send you notifications via email, but we'll never ask you to send us any sensitive personal information by email. Unfortunately, email is not a secure method of communication for sensitive information which is why we only correspond about tax return related matters via your Etax Account. Our secure Etax messages are protected by your username and password giving you a greater comfort in the privacy of your personal information. You can also discuss your tax return with us via phone on 1300 693 829.

In today's day and age we'd be wary of sending any personal or tax return related information via email. Please let us know if we can provide any further clarification or information.

Bentley R.
Bentley R.asked

I did an amendment, and it told me I have to pay an extra $44 to make a claim of $2023. What’s the $44 for if it’s not guaranteed if I’ll get the $2023? Or am I wrong?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Bentley - thanks for getting in touch.

An amendment or Amended Tax Return is a second tax return lodgement where we send a new tax return to the Australian Tax Office letting them know the original return was missing some information. We do have a fee of $44 for this service which helps to cover the costs associated with preparing, checking and lodging the Amended tax return to the Australian Tax Office.

With regards to the additional $2023 you'd like to add to the tax return. Assuming it is an additional deduction or income missed off your original lodgement, the ATO will add that amount to your tax return and then re-calculate your tax refund based on the additional information being included.

We can give you a specific estimate of how much additional refund you'll receive by adding that $2023 to your tax return prior to lodgement so you can decicde if you wish to proceed. Please just send us an email to admin@etax.com.au with your full name and the email address you registered with. We'll then be able to find your return in our system and give you some more specific information.

Lawrence
Lawrenceasked

My tax file number please

Kym Yeoward
Kym Yeoward

To log-in to your ETax files; you can use your email address, your ETax user name or your tax file number (TFN), Note - you don't have use your TFN if you don't want to - e.g. for privacy reasons.. You can create your own password.
P.S. I am an f ETax client - not an employee.

Hi Lawrence,

Unfortunately for security and privacy reasons we're unable to give out a Tax File Number, but there are a couple of options available for you to find it:

Log in to your Etax Account and open up a past tax return - you'll see it as the first field there

If you're unable to login then one of the following options should help:
- Look on your old PAYG or payment summary
- Look at an ATO document you received previously
- Ask the Payroll or HR department at your work
- Phone the ATO on 132861 (get all your ID ready first, because they will ask)

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by not being able to give it out to you directly - please let us know if we can help any further.

Bek
Bekasked

Why isit that it's says on ya dam website hat if income isonly centrlink benifits no free applied but thee bkidy was mate u scammers dogyy n i think the tax board/ irs should be contacted. You guys at etax cn just murlipulate customer s just take more then u should u guys sont even so any work actually u scammers i waamt my money as i was charged more then i should of been

Timgerry
Timgerry

Sorry Bek
I can barely understand your version of the English language.
I don't feel I am qualified to help you.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Bek, we're sorry to hear the fees you were charger were higher than you expected. We do aim to make the fees you are charged as clear as possible before you sign your return. We want to make sure you were charged the correct fee and would like to review return. Could you please send us a private message or email to feedback@etax.com.au with the email address you registered with so we investigate further?

Our Etax returns start from $69.90 for more info please see: https://www.etax.com.au/etax-fees/ Additionally if you have chosen to pay nothing up front we deduct our fee from the refund when it's issued by the ATO. If you have chosen this option there's an extra $27.50 processing fee involved.

We hope this information is helpful.

Kylie
Kylieasked

Hi recently used etax local, I never spoke to an actual person, I basically forwarded information relating to deductions via email which was then copied (should have done my own return) I am confident that it has not been done correctly and I am in the process of sourcing another account. I paid an extreme amount in fees to have someone copy my information, number for number and as I have used etax accountants in the past and always been satisfied I would like very much if someone could please look over my 2017 - 2018 return which indicates I earnt about $17000 more than I actuall did.

Hi Kylie,

We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience with Etax Local and we'd like to speak with you to learn a bit more about what has happened and how we might be able to help. Could you please send us a private message or email us at feedback@etax.com.au (including the email address you used to create your Etax Local account) so we investigate further?

Dan D.
Dan D.asked

How do I unsubscribe from your emails and delete my account with you?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Dan - we're sorry to see you go, but no problem we can take care of things for you. Please drop us an email to feedback@etax.com.au with your full name and the email you're registered with and we'll sort it out for you.

Silvia D
Silvia Dasked

How can the fee be deducted from your refund if you owe money to the ATO.?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Silvia - unfortunately if you have a tax payable amount owing to the Australian Tax Office we are unable to offer our fee from refund service (as there is no refund to take the fee out of). In those cases you'll see an option at the final page of your tax return to settle your fees via credit card again.

Dill
Dillasked

Can't select fee from refund, wondering why this is ?

Hi Dill,

If you have a tax refund, then you should be able to select to have your fees deducted from your tax refund when it's issued by the ATO. Please drop us a message to feedback@etax.com.au with your full name and Etax registered email address - we'll be happy to take a look at your file and see what's going on for you.

Bailey B.
Bailey B.asked

Can Etax get a tax return done from bank statements if you don’t have invoices from a previous boss ?

Hi Bailey,

It depends on exactly what you're looking to use your bank statements for. If you are looking to use them as a way to figure out your earnings for the year, then for sure they can be used. However, before you even get that far, just get in touch with us as we might be able to get your Income information from your ATO file instead to save you the hassle :)

If you're looking to use bank statements to verify some purchases you'd like to claim as deductions, that may also be possible depending on exactly what the item is and what the description on your statement says. Once again, please just ask your accountant (via a message or live chat) within your Etax account and they can take a look and help you get it all correct.

Rosemarie Gough
Rosemarie Goughasked

How long it take to lodge the tax return refund and to the final process please?

Josipd
Josipd

When an etax accountant reviews ur tax form they will process too make sure the best p is single answer and then they will lodge it

Hi Rosemarie,

For most of our clients, the Etax tax return will only take just minutes to complete. If you have any questions you can get live help from an accountant, on live chat or phone – no appointments needed.

At Etax after you've added and submitted your basic details, our qualified accountants will review your return to make sure you get the best refund possible. When the review is finalised our accountants then lodge your return to the ATO on your behalf. The ATO then normally processes returns within 10–14 days of lodgement.

Please let us know if you we can answer any more questions?

Get an answer from our members and Etax Accountants representatives